Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Forrest on Fire posted:

Set your watches for the March "Loomis can't keep doing this" effort posts

I mean, the "he can't keep doing this and field a good team" parts have been completely true the last two years now. Decisively we have hit the point where kicking the can forever stops resulting in a good team

Should have bit the bullet when you had the chance, now you're stuck in hell for years before you can even begin to think about being legit competitive

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Chris James 2 posted:

I mean, the "he can't keep doing this and field a good team" parts have been completely true the last two years now. Decisively we have hit the point where kicking the can forever stops resulting in a good team

The defense is legitimately good and the problems on the offense have nothing to do with talent. Kamara, Thomas and Olave is a pretty good skill position group and Carr should be at least league average. The line is kind of a mess but they’ve invested both money and draft picks there so it’s not like lack of resources have held them back.

The roster is fine. Not the best in the league but certainly good enough to compete for a playoff spot. The team is mediocre because the coaching staff is mediocre. The takes about all of this being a consequence of the cap are just lazy.

They’re coached by Dennis Allen and don’t have a great QB. What do you expect?

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

YOLOsubmarine posted:

They’re coached by Dennis Allen and don’t have a great QB. What do you expect?

Looking ahead at the Saints' schedule, even with that against them, they still could end up over .500. Looking at non-divisional games, they play the Lions, Rams, Vikings, Colts, Bears, and Giants... the defense is good enough that I can see them going 3-3 or better out of that bunch, and then depending on how the rest of the divisional games go, they could end the season 7-10 or 10-7 and either wouldn't shock me.

Would another 7-10 season keep Allen around?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Shinji2015 posted:

I hope not

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

epic bacon posted:

the NFC South is currently on an 0-5 streak. how much can they lose? the possibilities are endless
I give the Panthers a toss up on beating The Bye. If there’s a serious injury or personnel problem then The Bye wins.

Ripperljohn
May 13, 2014

Shinji2015 posted:

God i hope not

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

Shinji2015 posted:

Yes.

Saul Kain
Dec 5, 2018

Lately it occurs to me,

what a long, strange trip it's been.

CannonFodder posted:

I give the Panthers a toss up on beating The Bye. If there’s a serious injury or personnel problem then The Bye wins.

https://youtu.be/YgSPaXgAdzE?si=XznHe9lCa9LMtJHt

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Shinji2015 posted:

Looking ahead at the Saints' schedule, even with that against them, they still could end up over .500. Looking at non-divisional games, they play the Lions, Rams, Vikings, Colts, Bears, and Giants... the defense is good enough that I can see them going 3-3 or better out of that bunch, and then depending on how the rest of the divisional games go, they could end the season 7-10 or 10-7 and either wouldn't shock me.

I don’t think so. Sean Payton was given a leash with 7-9 seasons but he had already won a Super Bowl.

Fans are getting restless already. We all knew the NFCS was weak but we expected to be better than 3-4 at this time. I mean, we started 2-0 and are 1-4 since? Two years ago we had all the injuries at QB. Last year, Jameis literally broke his back and we rode the Red Rifle. What’s the excuse this year?

SundayMoney
Feb 21, 2006

The face of the new economy
Plus Saints fans were done with Pete Carmichael as OC last year. When Dennis decides to roll with him again this year that was all the chips on the table. The calls for both their heads have gotten louder with each week that this offense has been on the field.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Chris James 2 posted:

Should have bit the bullet when you had the chance, now you're stuck in hell for years before you can even begin to think about being legit competitive

Shinji2015 posted:

I'll synthesize these two posts and say that with how they look currently, the Saints are doomed to the worst case scenario, being a bad team but not bad enough to get good draft picks. They do have the talent to win enough games to keep them out of the dregs of the NFL basement, but not enough to get to the playoffs. A limbo of 7-10 or 8-9 style seasons until they actually commit to a rebuild.

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify
Is there any indication of gayle benson’s philosophy towards head coach hiring/firing? Or is it just speculation since the data of inherited Payton, then went with his heir apparent, is just too limited?

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Pontius Pilate posted:

Is there any indication of gayle benson’s philosophy towards head coach hiring/firing? Or is it just speculation since the data of inherited Payton, then went with his heir apparent, is just too limited?

Well, with the Saints, no. But at least with the Pelicans, she fired Stan Van Gundy after one year after it was apparent that it wasn't working. Same with Alvin Gentry. So if she applies her Pelicans' philosophy, I don't see DA lasting if they don't win the South.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
I love those Bucs sideline hats. The black with the tie dye multicolor look. Any idea if they sell those?

e: ooh I found them

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
how do you draft Bijan with your first round pick and routinely prefer Allegier over him. Cordarelle Patterson has more rushes this game

Smith is a great coach lol

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

indigi posted:

how do you draft Bijan with your first round pick and routinely prefer Allegier over him. Cordarelle Patterson has more rushes this game

Unfortunately I can't throw any stones on this one. :(

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

indigi posted:

His tummy hurts apparently

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Joey Freshwater posted:

His tummy hurts apparently

he should take advice from Lamar and go poop

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
How London’s neck isn’t snapped is unreal

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Lmao

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

The NFC South, ladies and gentlemen.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

imo the bucs should have won, and not lost

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
jesus christ Bucs really

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Bucs are bad.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

The bucs are garbage

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

kidcoelacanth posted:

imo the bucs should have won, and not lost

:agreed:

it's such a frustrating team to watch, it's like the old Bucs again!

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Falcons should've won by 14 or more but kept fumbling on the goal line.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

God this division sucks

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

YOLOsubmarine posted:

God this division sucks

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

YOLOsubmarine posted:

God this division sucks

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

YOLOsubmarine posted:

God this division sucks

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

YOLOsubmarine posted:

God this division sucks

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Up shit creek with a turd for a paddle.

Dirty birds #1, despite their best efforts.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

YOLOsubmarine posted:

God this division sucks

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

YOLOsubmarine posted:

God this division sucks

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

I see all these other teams on TV and they can run the ball and I just think about how nice it would be if my team could do that.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

didn't have falcons win with bijans 3 total yards on my bingo card

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

YOLOsubmarine posted:

God this division sucks

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Up shit creek with a turd for a paddle.

Tatsuta Age posted:

didn't have falcons win with bijans 3 total yards on my bingo card

They shoulda had so many more points too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

positive takeaways: i fuckin love antoine winfield jr