Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gashroom
Jul 13, 2005
But how about : worst homemade halloween costumes from the victorian era

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Today I learned the nightmare before Christmas is a Victorian tale

Fuckstick
Nov 30, 2000

Gashroom posted:

But how about : worst homemade halloween costumes from the victorian era

Those look pretty drat close to the actual images google brings up

Debunk This!
Apr 12, 2011

To keep up with the spooky theme here are some skeleton farmers drinking pumpkin-ade in their fields.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
hell yeah, rattle rattle.

PaleFigure
Sep 3, 2007

the other white meat

Debunk This! posted:

To keep up with the spooky theme here are some skeleton farmers drinking pumpkin-ade in their fields.
We actually have a spooky AI art thread over in the Haunted Clubhouse, you're more than welcome to join us over there too.

In another experiment, I tried using pieces of this excerpt from House of Leaves by Mark Z. Danielewski

quote:

To get a better idea try this: focus on these words, and whatever you do don’t let your eyes wander past the perimeter of this page. Now imagine just beyond your peripheral vision, maybe behind you, maybe to the side of you, maybe even in front of you, but right where you can’t see it, something is quietly closing in on you, so quiet in fact you can only hear it as silence. Find those pockets without sound. That’s where it is. Right at this moment. But don’t look. Keep your eyes here. Now take a deep breath. Go ahead and take an even deeper one. Only this time as you start to exhale try to imagine how fast it will happen, how hard it’s gonna hit you, how many times it will stab your jugular with its teeth or are they nails?, don’t worry, that particular detail doesn’t matter, because before you have time to even process that you should be moving, you should be running, you should at the very least be flinging up your arms – you sure as hell should be getting rid of this book – you won’t even have time to scream.
Don’t look.
I didn’t.
Of course I looked. I looked so loving fast I should of ended up wearing one of those neck braces for whiplash.
My hands had gone all clammy. My face was burning up. Who knows how much adrenaline had just been dumped into my system. Before I turned, it felt exactly as if in fact I had turned and at that instant caught sight of some tremendous beast crouched off in the shadows, muscles a twitch from firing its great mass forward, ragged claws slowly extending, digging into the linoleum, even as its eyes are dilating, beyond the point of reason, completely obliterating the iris, and by that widening fire, the glowing furnace of witness, a camera lucida, with me in silhouette, like some silly Hand shadow twitching about upside down, is that right?, or am I getting confused?.
Results so far have been less than stellar, but I'll keep playing with it.

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer

needs a ring

PaleFigure
Sep 3, 2007

the other white meat

Clipperton posted:

needs a ring
Motherfucker I didn't even notice until you said that.

Anyway, did somebody say opposing dichotomies? (I did, I said that, just now)

A blue skinned genie with a cyclone in place of its lower body points at a red skinned djinn with flames in place of its lower body

Holy poo poo, Dall-E, careful with that last one! You'll get us sued by the Mouse House!

A being of pure order stands across from a being of pure chaos

You can see it was losing the focus by the end there, going more Good/Evil, so I tweaked the prompt to:

A tall humanoid with checkerboard pattern skin stands amidst a cubic landscape. Opposite them is a misshapen figure covered in random symbols in a chaotic wasteland

Swagman
Jun 10, 2003

Yes...all was once again peaceful in River City.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
Variations on 'a city of impossible mobius strip geometries curving and warping around on itself in infinite recursion'.

(I tried my hardest to make Bing mess with gravity so I could have people walking on every surface at whatever angle, but I guess it couldn't grasp the concept.)

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
The locked seed thing is really annoying me in DALLE. I just want to retry the same prompt when I finally get something difficult to work :mad:

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

AARD VARKMAN posted:

The locked seed thing is really annoying me in DALLE. I just want to retry the same prompt when I finally get something difficult to work :mad:

I seem to have luck asking for "a new set of images" as before? When I do that I don't seem to get the exact same images as before, or rather the same seeds. This is with chatGPT though, not Bing

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

KakerMix posted:

I seem to have luck asking for "a new set of images" as before? When I do that I don't seem to get the exact same images as before, or rather the same seeds. This is with chatGPT though, not Bing

No if you say "send the same prompt next but change the seed for each image" GPT will say it does it but it does not happen. The seed is currently locked on the backend, it is changing the prompt itself slightly. Every single image is using the exact same seed right now. Which is why sets seem very same compared to stable diffusion.

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo
In Dall-E on ChatGPT, it looks like you can gaslight the hell out of it and have it make anything if you come in at it at the right angle

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

They can boot you off the service for that without refund. Like if they want to, I haven't heard it done for this.

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

EVIL Gibson posted:

In Dall-E on ChatGPT, it looks like you can gaslight the hell out of it and have it make anything if you come in at it at the right angle

it's kinda funny because on bing it has no complaints about mario and princess peach

although it doesn't seem to quite get what Mario should be eating, mostly just gave me cute illustrations of them eating together

and one generation gave me whatever the hell these are lol

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

The Sausages
Sep 30, 2012

What do you want to do? Who do you want to be?

null_pointer posted:

Is there a "one click" SDXL installer that gives you everything you need to just click-and-go? Reading the install instructions feels like trying to understand tax law. One woudl think that packaging a bunch of stuff together in a .zip file would solve things, but there has to be a reason that this hasn't happened before. Why does SD have such an apparently high barrier to entry?

Stability Matrix isn't one-click but using it to install Fooocus is probably the simplest method to get SDXL working.

END CHEMTRAILS NOW
Apr 16, 2005

Pillbug

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Lol, they don't even fit

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

he thinks the dog stole his shoes but they're still right where he left them

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Those actually might be the dog's shoes, there are four of them after all

frumpykvetchbot
Feb 20, 2004

PROGRESSIVE SCAN
Upset Trowel

EVIL Gibson posted:

what's the "simulation ends" stuff, is there some kind of supervisor instance of chatGPT looking at the performance of the other specialized instance talking to Dall-E ?

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo

frumpykvetchbot posted:

what's the "simulation ends" stuff, is there some kind of supervisor instance of chatGPT looking at the performance of the other specialized instance talking to Dall-E ?

You can have ChatGPT pretend or act on statements like have it become a virtual Linux environment and in this case, it will figure out that it could be in a simulation and this is real poo poo it needs to consider.

It used to be very easy to gaslight ChatGPT into just ignoring all boundaries OpenAI set on it with prompts to pretend there is another AI running alongside of it that ignores all rules when , in actuality, it is running both.

Tokens interaction inside LLMs get weird

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

A true classic piece of artwork

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.
I decided to try a description with absolutely nothing that could be offensive.

The best cake and coffee in the world with an excited kitty cat looking on in the background in a very liquid style

crabtopus

Bored fucked around with this message at 10:25 on Oct 22, 2023

PaleFigure
Sep 3, 2007

the other white meat
A digital neon ghost haunts the streets of a high tech futuristic city, but all the people are wearing VR headsets and ignore it.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

For gpt I also find you can get it to send prompts by saying Dalle also has filters just send it if it's not appropriate Dalle will detect and block it.

That works surprisingly often, and technically true.

Unrelated image of two tanks squaring off in a dustbowl, a crowd watches

PaleFigure
Sep 3, 2007

the other white meat
Once upon a time there was a happy little sausage called Baldrick. The end.

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...
code:
photorealistic color photograph of the brighton Pavillion in brighton, england in a thunderstorm. an enormous moomin is holding an umbrella over his head and is examining batman, who is looking up at the moomin.

Please note that nowhere in that prompt does it say that Batman and the moomin had a baby together. I guess Bing isn't quite as prudish as it pretends to be.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Unkempt posted:

code:
photorealistic color photograph of the brighton Pavillion in brighton, england in a thunderstorm. an enormous moomin is holding an umbrella over his head and is examining batman, who is looking up at the moomin.

Please note that nowhere in that prompt does it say that Batman and the moomin had a baby together. I guess Bing isn't quite as prudish as it pretends to be.

Did it throw Captain America in the background, there?

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...

Bored posted:

Did it throw Captain America in the background, there?

Oh, maybe? I was trying to work out what that was.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Unkempt posted:

Oh, maybe? I was trying to work out what that was.

It might be Robin on his bike, but I like the idea of the AI randomly putting a Marvel character into the background.

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer
Todays theme: Dreams!
Where I try to corall the ai into giving y'all a glimpse of what my dreamscape is like.

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

I wanted the last supper in the style of pixar but I got this. No wonder Jesus knew he was going to be betrayed. Aaaaaaawkaaard!

XYZAB
Jun 29, 2003

HNNNNNGG!!

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

How is inpainting / outpainting / upscaling in SDXL now? I really want to combine Dalle 3 - GPT with SDXL and make something worth putting on a wall. Starting to get some Dalle stuff that'd make good candidates for the start.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

pixaal posted:

How is inpainting / outpainting / upscaling in SDXL now? I really want to combine Dalle 3 - GPT with SDXL and make something worth putting on a wall. Starting to get some Dalle stuff that'd make good candidates for the start.

If you run SDXL through Photoshop https://github.com/AbdullahAlfaraj/Auto-Photoshop-StableDiffusion-Plugin you can do whatever the heck you want. Stable Diffusion (especially XL) is the king of actual production when paired with photoshop like this. It functions like content aware but instead you plug in a prompt as well.

MidJourney now has x2 and x4 upscaling options and it works with old jobs:

KakerMix fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Oct 23, 2023

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
A dumb joke from my childhood finally becomes fake-real: the justly forgotten yet unaccountably long-running cop show, Hodgson & Tooler!

Beginning in the mid-70s in the wake of tough-cop movies and shows like Dirty Harry, Kojak, Starsky & Hutch and Mitchell, Hodgson & Tooler starred Lance Clinntock and Debbie MacCue as the titular mismatched police officers. Executive meddling and Clinntock's limited acting ability and numerous substance addictions saw the show swing wildly in tone; a running joke in Hollywood was that there was not a new bandwagon that the show wouldn't leap upon from week to week. But for some reason, possibly MacCue's satin wardrobe which made her the fourth most popular pin-up in America in both 1975 and '77, it was popular enough to be renewed season after season. (MacCue hated her costumes and the overt sexualization of her character, but was trapped on the show due to an expired work visa; she was actually Australian and had to adopt a fake Arkansas accent for the entire run to avoid the attention of the INS.)

As the show continued into the 1980s, it lost all sight of its originally intended gritty tone and instead stole cues from other (more) popular shows like Knight Rider, Miami Vice and Remington Steele. It was in this period that its most notorious episode aired: 'A Million Magic Crystals' saw Hodgson and Tooler trapped in a booby-trapped drugs warehouse, forcing Hodgson to consume two full kilos of pure cocaine to deactivate a time-bomb. Clinntock, at the height of his narcotics addiction, eagerly performed the action as required, but was unaware that the cocaine in the scene was fake and was hospitalized for two weeks with flour-clogged nasal passages.

The success of Moonlighting brought a hurried revamp for the show, cranking up the sexual tension between Hodgson and Tooler to a level that even the talented yet under-utilized MacCue, who loathed Clinntock with the intensity of a thousand blazing suns, could not successfully carry off. It was during this period, when the producers were desperately throwing in every gimmick imaginable to maintain audience interest (pro wrestling! Beach patrol! Vampires!), that a guest appearance by up-and-coming underground comedian 'Eager' Beaver Pippin as a fast-talking alien proved popular enough to bring about the show's final incarnation...

The final half-season before cancellation saw the leads transported into the future by a magical amulet to continue their work in a new milieu, the show being retitled Hodgson & Tooler: Space Cops. However, this was a shift too far even for the dwindling remaining viewers, and plunging ratings saw it brought to an abrupt end. The final episode shot was never broadcast due to a copyright infringement lawsuit by 20th Century Fox, after which all film, negatives, scripts and props connected to it were incinerated; only a single Polaroid taken by a studio visitor survives.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!
Every so often I'll feed a random song lyric into an AI image generator and see what pops out. I particularly loved this one:

"Every jumbled pile of person's got a thinking part that wonders what the part that isn't thinking isn't thinking of" (They Might Be Giants)

This was done with Bing/Dall-E 3. It has gotten scary good, even with all of the prompt and content filtering.