Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Neito posted:

Given how some of the long-runners I've been following have been disapointing lately, OPM still being great is so refreshing. You'd think a series with the most simple premise would wear out it's welcome.

I'm glad we're starting to get on the road of other heroes recognizing that Saitama's powerful, though.

tbf it did kinda fall off a bit for a while but boy has it returned to form

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Bucswabe posted:

I love that it's not even Saitama dashing at Flashy Flash to tap him, and Flashy dodging. It's Saitama just sidling right up next to Flashy at lightspeed, and THEN trying to tap him!

I like how in panel 1 if you look close he's just boredly looking at the sky so all that happened was Saitama casually glancing at Flashy and he's immediately there

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

mdct posted:

Pretty much all official manga sites that aren't the viz/jump ones are unusable garbage.

I dunno, I use them well enough. They’re about as usable as any webtoon app

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

thetoughestbean posted:

I dunno, I use them well enough. They’re about as usable as any webtoon app

On the one hand fair enough

On the other I feel like this only supports doc's point

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Runa posted:

On the one hand fair enough

On the other I feel like this only supports doc's point

Some real damning with faint praise energy about that yeah

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Yinlock posted:

tbf it did kinda fall off a bit for a while but boy has it returned to form
Tournament Arc / Big Bad Enemy Lair Arc with multiple end bosses: Mid tier

Smug heroes knocking on Saitamas Door arc: Besto manga, world tier

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Also I like how Flashy’s big defining moment of defeat and growth is interrupted by someone else before the shockwave even hits him. By the time the shockwave has swepth past him theyre already forgotten him.

Bisse fucked around with this message at 08:56 on Oct 21, 2023

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I dug the martial arts tournament just because the whole thing was Saitama trying to figure out what martial arts actually were and mostly being distracted by trying to keep his wig from falling off while casually destroying every opponent he came up against and being completely oblivious/unaffected by everything everybody else was obsessing over.

Edit: Also the wig purchase before the tournament caused that beautiful moment where Garou just gets completely smashed by him (as well as when he just kicks him through the wall when Garou goes for King) :allears:

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
Saitama will finally make it to S-class, but immediately cause a huge PR disaster and get booted out of the organization.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Love when he destroys that meteor and a bunch of people are pissing and moaning about their car being destroyed or there being a mess on the floor and he gets all grumpy at them until Genos convinces him to just go home. The man would be a walking PR disaster for sure :)

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Ok the martial arts tournament in a vacuum was good, actually.

yum
Oct 27, 2005

Only good things will come
to someone like
you.
lol Saitama couldn’t handle three people misinterpreting his words, let alone the entire world. King is stronger than he thinks

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Saitama coming to the conclusion that martial arts is “moving around in a really cool way” is great. And hell, he’s right

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Bisse posted:

Also I like how Flashy’s big defining moment of defeat and growth is interrupted by someone else before the shockwave even hits him. By the time the shockwave has swepth past him theyre already forgotten him.

lol, you think Flashy Flash is gonna grow in any way from being clowned yet again. lmao

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

Last Celebration posted:

lol, you think Flashy Flash is gonna grow in any way from being clowned yet again. lmao

yeh Flash is a clown. he's bishonen cool guy in the wrong manga

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

His heels are fire though

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"There is no God! Right, Mama?"

"True."

Mr. Lobe posted:

His heels are fire though

:hmmyes:

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

I feel like Genos's apron deserves to be remarked on

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

yum posted:

lol Saitama couldn’t handle three people misinterpreting his words, let alone the entire world. King is stronger than he thinks
Just realized Saitama works as a Jesus metaphor, but specifically the Jesus from Life of Brian.

Man with Hat
Dec 26, 2007

Open up your Dethday present
It's a box of fucking nothing

Exciting Lemon

Supersonic Shine posted:

Just realized Saitama works as a Jesus metaphor, but specifically the Jesus from Life of Brian.

That's just Brian, Jesus is the guy talking at the beginning of the movie way in the distance where they can't make out what he's saying.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Saitama gives a more Buddha kind of feel. And now I'm imagining Life of Brian but with Buddhism.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
Kung Fu Hustle, but with a closed fist instead of an open palm.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

"We trained him right, as a joke."

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Man with Hat posted:

That's just Brian, Jesus is the guy talking at the beginning of the movie way in the distance where they can't make out what he's saying.

Yes, that's the bit. Jesus is the real deal, Brian is the guy who keeps getting credit against his wishes. This the Saitama and King comparison.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
Versus chapter up: https://cubari.moe/read/imgur/Xv2s9L1/1/1/

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Cool finally a shining moment

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
It makes sense. The heroes were supposed to fight against the demon kings, the idea that they wouldn't be able to beat even demons several ranks lower because ~le natural predator~ would be a bit too much.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I dug that, and I'm guessing (hoping?) that Hallow thinking,"I expected this" means his earlier message to the kids was to set up the other world forces to show up and wipe out the demon army in just this scenario.

copy
Jul 26, 2007

oh man if this means the story is taking a turn to humanity's champions learning and growing from the encounters with each other's natural enemies rather than just pitting them against each other as they all slowly die thatd be rad

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

If nothing else the existence of neo-humanity implies there's ways for them to ascend to natural predator status. Just, you know, hopefully this time without the sadism

Larry Cum Free
Jun 3, 2022

move it or lose it dillweed

Man with Hat posted:

Mraagvpeine posted:

Saitama gives a more Buddha kind of feel. And now I'm imagining Life of Brian but with Buddhism.

There was some slice of life manga I read like 10 years ago where Jesus and Buddha were odd-couple style roommates in the modern world. It was basically the Chad Jesus and the Virgin Buddha. I can't for the life of me remember the name of it.

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

This is definitely not a lie

Larry Cum Free posted:

There was some slice of life manga I read like 10 years ago where Jesus and Buddha were odd-couple style roommates in the modern world. It was basically the Chad Jesus and the Virgin Buddha. I can't for the life of me remember the name of it.

Saint Young Men. Fun fact, it's still ongoing!

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
I like that Hallow is essentially using Kiva as a stress ball here. In fact, there's a line about Kiva trying to do the same on him, which makes it extra satisfying.

A jargogle
Feb 22, 2011

Larry Cum Free posted:

10 years...?

Bybus Slago
Oct 31, 2005
Maybe I'm just not hip to the jive.

A jargogle posted:

10 years...?

To be fair, the OVA/movie was 10 years ago.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Page 116: Can't fool me those are Saitama eyes.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I reject this development! I came here to see monster v monster carnage! Not the indomitable human spirit manifesting a miraculous level of self improvement against an enemy that previously crushed humans as easily as you or I would snap a pretzel. I'm here to see aliens vs Mad Max vs Zorah Magdaros!

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
Looking forward to the god vs tree battle

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Good for Hallow, not many can reach Ultra Instinct.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thoren
May 28, 2008
It's interesting how the demons have varying levels of power while the neo-humans and giants all seem really loving strong.