Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

MNSNTZR posted:

that’s why i keep some around all the time now, as an emergency button for that stupid loving “their childhood” daily

bad news about how story quest rotations work. You're going to keep getting it once the cycle runs dry and they only have those quests being served up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MNSNTZR
Oct 13, 2012

ninjoatse.cx posted:

bad news about how story quest rotations work. You're going to keep getting it once the cycle runs dry and they only have those quests being served up

i’ve had it go away for a couple of days every once in a while but i have no idea how i managed to make that happen

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Endorph posted:

literally any QoL feels like manna from heaven also

I'm still waiting and hoping they have an engine breakthrough and they can turn bosses into teleport points so it won't be annoying going to Geo or Anemo Hypostasis or the like.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Adding controller stick deadzones would be loving NICE. Also having to use the sticks to navigate menus is a massive pain in the rear end like the D-pad has been a standard in gaming since the 90's what's up. For real Mihoyo is horribly lacking in any kind of accessibility and I kind of wish Playstation would whip them into shape about it considering how fantastic PS5 games have been about it.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

RareAcumen posted:

I'm still waiting and hoping they have an engine breakthrough and they can turn bosses into teleport points so it won't be annoying going to Geo or Anemo Hypostasis or the like.

You can set up temporary teleport points :ssh:

MNSNTZR posted:

i’ve had it go away for a couple of days every once in a while but i have no idea how i managed to make that happen

The theory is that all the story quests go back into a "bucket", and every day you randomly get one story quest from the bucket. When the bucket is empty, all of the story quests refresh. If you don't do the story quest, say, by doing an event instead, then the story quest goes back into the bucket, and you'll get them again before the bucket refreshes. And if it's the only thing in the bucket, you'll get it every day.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

ninjoatse.cx posted:

The theory is that all the story quests go back into a "bucket", and every day you randomly get one story quest from the bucket. When the bucket is empty, all of the story quests refresh. If you don't do the story quest, say, by doing an event instead, then the story quest goes back into the bucket, and you'll get them again before the bucket refreshes. And if it's the only thing in the bucket, you'll get it every day.

And also there can be multiple copies of the same story quest in the bucket iirc.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Yes. Good sign occurs 3x per cycle for example, whispers on the wind has mercifully gone from 1x to 2x. The day the sparrow left had 7 copies added but gets removed after 4 completions.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

No Wave posted:

The day the sparrow left had 7 copies added but gets removed after 4 completions.

I liked that quest line :unsmith:

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
How does Neuvillette rank compared to Nilou? Assuming c0 and 4* weapons with no restrictions on teams.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

That's a rather odd comparison to shoot for. Nilou is an off-field support whose gimmick only "works" in a hydro+dendro team. Neuv is an on-field DPS that wants 3 other elements in his team for maximum reaction buffing and as such works with pretty much any offi-field support or subdps. Sure they're both hydro, both want a bunch of HP, and boh want a healer because of nilou's durka seeds and neuv's self-damage, but that's where the comparison ends.

Nilou requires far, far less investment in terms of artifact stats though.

Edit:
I will say that nilou teams are utterly hilarious screen-filling explosions of green numbers and she's basically zero maintenance. Her buff lasts long enough and deals so much damage that you will rarely if ever need to apply it twice in the same fight.

Also I believe her goldenblooms with with Nahida C2's crit if you have that.

sushibandit fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Oct 21, 2023

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
Neuvillette self-heals, he doesn't need a healer. He does appreciate a shielder though, especially at C0.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
It's especially hard because there's no consensus on Nilou. Some people insist she's the most broken character in game while others aren't impressed. Not really a character that's easy to compare with others.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Nilou is the best at being Nilou

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
Nilou is sort of odd because most of the ''warps the entire team around them" characters are selfish damage dealers who receive buffs but Nilou is nominally a support. So she can't really be directly compared to DPS characters.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Nilou is easily my favorite character in the game after Keqing. She's not as fun to play as Keqing but her teams kill everything with basically no effort on my part. Granted I have her sword, but the team is just basically flailing about and waving your hands then everything falls over.

Eimi fucked around with this message at 03:34 on Oct 21, 2023

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

After what

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Meowywitch posted:

After what

whoops, after Keqing

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

No Wave posted:

It's especially hard because there's no consensus on Nilou. Some people insist she's the most broken character in game while others aren't impressed. Not really a character that's easy to compare with others.

If you can lead into the fight offer her three attack combo necessary to trigger the blooms, she's fine. In the middle of the fight, it's just a huge annoyance. I pair her with Nahida, so everything juse kinda extra dies. Nahida C2, so extra extra dies.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

why is the strongest person in the game a very peaceful, all loving little girl anyway

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
do you mean canonically or mechanics wise

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
She doesn't seem that strong.

Boat Stuck
Apr 20, 2021

I tried to sneak through the canal, man! Can't make it, can't make it, the ship's stuck! Outta my way son! BOAT STUCK! BOAT STUCK!

haypliss posted:

She doesn't seem that strong.

Nahida is the strongest character in the game because dendro/hyperbloom is overtuned, and Nahida is the best dendro applicator.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

Tampa Bae posted:

do you mean canonically or mechanics wise
I'm fairly sure the canonical strongest character is also a literal child, but she's a pyromaniac.

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013

Incoherence posted:

I'm fairly sure the canonical strongest character is also a literal child, but she's a pyromaniac.

Second strongest, if you count her Mom we haven't met in person.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Meowywitch posted:

why is the strongest person in the game a very peaceful, all loving little girl anyway

She's also the most likely person to bite it in the team, since she doesn't have any HP stats and her hold skill gives her interrupt resistance, which is a false feeling of invincibility.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022

Boat Stuck posted:

Nahida is the strongest character in the game because dendro/hyperbloom is overtuned, and Nahida is the best dendro applicator.

This does not help her handle Dottore or the fact that there are stronger Harbingers etc out in the world. Even the dream powers probably have low hit rate when not being used against a stupid kid.

Thunder Sheep
Apr 3, 2009

So what now, huh? We are just never going to need scarabs again Mihoyo? Talk about ugh status

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

I'm pretty sure Shenhe is the strongest character that isn't a literal god or whatever going by fluff, which makes her gameplay funnier in hindsight

Klee has cartoon physics going for her though, it's an Arale/Vegeta situation

Boat Stuck
Apr 20, 2021

I tried to sneak through the canal, man! Can't make it, can't make it, the ship's stuck! Outta my way son! BOAT STUCK! BOAT STUCK!

haypliss posted:

This does not help her handle Dottore or the fact that there are stronger Harbingers etc out in the world. Even the dream powers probably have low hit rate when not being used against a stupid kid.

Oh sorry I was talking mechanics.

Canonically, Traveler is probably the strongest playable character in the game, since he/she can freely use all elements without a vision or delusion, and otherwise only the archons/dragons can do that, and even then they are more limited with the elements compared to Traveler.

Alice and Heavenly Principles are probably stronger canonically. The top Harbringers might have more power, but Traveler is more flexible and overall a stronger package. In the story, anyways.

Boat Stuck fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Oct 21, 2023

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Traveller posted:

I'm pretty sure Shenhe is the strongest character that isn't a literal god or whatever going by fluff, which makes her gameplay funnier in hindsight

Klee has cartoon physics going for her though, it's an Arale/Vegeta situation
Yeah, Shenhe's a psychopathic murder machine whose use in your party is uhhh buffing the worst non-Geo element?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

Yeah, Shenhe's a psychopathic murder machine whose use in your party is uhhh buffing the worst non-Geo element?
she doesnt buff pyro though

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Endorph posted:

she doesnt buff pyro though

Yeah but Pyro does "anything" with Dendro, the best element, so it can't set the floor for elements, to me

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Yeah but Pyro does "anything" with Dendro, the best element, so it can't set the floor for elements, to me
but pyro doing something with dendro is what makes pyro worse than cryo.

you can put a cryo unit in a hyperbloom team and it actually works and helps the team

you can put a pyro unit in a hyperbloom team and it fucks up hyperblooms

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Resolved: They should make a Nilou for Burning.

Boogle
Sep 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

I was hoping that Dehya would be this but well....

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Nilou but on fire

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Boogle posted:

I was hoping that Dehya would be this but well....

If Dehya can't be figuratively Himeko, maybe Genshin's Himeko can just be literally Vermillion Knight Eclipse but again.... :pray:

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Thunder Sheep posted:

So what now, huh? We are just never going to need scarabs again Mihoyo? Talk about ugh status

If they release another Sumerian scarabs are absolutely on the menu as an upgrade material. But right now what you need is robot scarabs. You can't make them by sticking gears to regular scarabs, I've tried.

rio
Mar 20, 2008

Eimi posted:

If Dehya can't be figuratively Himeko, maybe Genshin's Himeko can just be literally Vermillion Knight Eclipse but again.... :pray:

Then they can kill her, and all things will be in balance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Klee is a menace and should be put in (a stronger) jail