Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Biplane posted:

I would die for Wendy

You will

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

freeedr posted:

You will

That’s a frosty thing to say

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
One day people will say "sir this is a Wendy's" in the same tone as a heart-cutting shaman might scream "guards! he has defiled the sanctum!"

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/StrangeCoisas/status/1713641646552715454

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
This thread doesn't recognise the existence of Southern and Mediterranean France where everything isn't full of butter. And rustic french cooking which also isn't all full of butter.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

EoinCannon posted:

This thread doesn't recognise the existence of Southern and Mediterranean France where everything isn't full of butter. And rustic french cooking which also isn't all full of butter.
There's a lot of things this thread doesn't recognize.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

If you don't cram as much garlic as you can into your food, I don't know what to tell you :shrug:

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

I'm more a fan of Transylvanian cooking that doesn't have any garlic.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
Lotta people posting who probably think Italians always cooked with tomatoes lol

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

EoinCannon posted:

France also does not recognize the existence of Southern and Mediterranean France.

Hollandia
Jul 27, 2007

rattus rattus

Grimey Drawer

Milo and POTUS posted:

South was francophilic as gently caress until pretty recently
Now it's different Franco

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

zoux posted:

I don't think I'm speaking hyperbolically when I say everything the French ever invented in their history since Charlemagne is stupid trash for morons
But enough about Quebec

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Hyperlynx posted:

If you don't cram as much garlic as you can into your food, I don't know what to tell you :shrug:
I'm honestly planning to roast elephant garlic in butter for lunch.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
I made this recipe and it was the first time I'd done that with garlic. Turns out a ton of roasted garlic mashed into a stew is excellent.

Clerical Terrors
Apr 24, 2016

I'm so tired, I'm so very tired
Honestly though, eating food is one of the most disgusting and problematic things you can do. It's an industry that exploits labor at a massive scale, not to mention leaves a huge environmental impact. And all to engage in this highfalutin play act where we judge different molecules against each other and call it 'flavor', and prop up the disgusting cultures of colonizers and murderers by pretending they invented something new, when 90% of the time that's just bread or stew with slightly different ingredients. If any of you were as cool and progressive as me you'd performing photosynthesis instead.

Clerical Terrors has a new favorite as of 11:51 on Oct 21, 2023

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022

I'm open to interpretation!

Clerical Terrors posted:

Honestly though, eating food is one of the most disgusting and problematic things you can do. It's an industry that exploits labor at a massive scale, not to mention leaves a huge environmental impact. And all to engage in this highfalutin play act where we judge different molecules against each other and call it 'flavor', and prop up the disgusting cultures of colonizers and murderers by pretending they invented something new, when 90% of the time that's just bread or stew with slightly different ingredients. If any of you were as cool and progressive as me you'd performing photosynthesis instead.

I switched to cannibalism. That way I get nourishment, and I get to reduce the amount of humans in the world thus reversing the environmental impact. This also reduces the amount of laborers who can be exploited by the food industry. It's more ethical than veganism can ever claim to be.

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

I might edit that one into the lore if I ever do a cannibalism run in Rimworld

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/EmmaTolkin/status/1715405417994715523

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

For those, like me, who were wondering: the film appears to be The Company of Wolves (1984).

imdb posted:

A teenage girl in a country manor falls asleep while reading a magazine, and has a disturbing dream involving wolves prowling the woods below her bedroom window.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Clerical Terrors posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3merf1cOq8

boofhead
Feb 18, 2021

Clerical Terrors posted:

photosynthesis is light theft from more valuable organisms that could be net contributors to the planet's ecosystem

instead i live in a dark basement and practise indirect cannibalism by posting extremely bad takes online. energy vampirism for the unwashed masses, parorgismosynthesis for an intellectual such as mysefl

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

emSparkly posted:

I switched to cannibalism. That way I get nourishment, and I get to reduce the amount of humans in the world thus reversing the environmental impact. This also reduces the amount of laborers who can be exploited by the food industry. It's more ethical than veganism can ever claim to be.

Serial killers are the only humans with a negative carbon footprint.

Shit Fuckasaurus
Oct 14, 2005

i think right angles might be an abomination against nature you guys
Lipstick Apathy

zoux posted:

They mostly did not kill rich people in la Terreur they mostly killed each other. You'd think that the fact that the heads of nearly every revolutionary leader ended up in the guillotine basket would be instructive to those who wish to emulate it.

People like to say this like it's a bug when actually it's a feature. Revolution is terrible for everyone involved and the point is that it's only necessary when society stops responding to the will of the people. Any revolutionary leader who actually wants to improve society in any lasting and meaningful way realizes that once society improves it will have no place for bloodthirsty revolutionaries with mechanized murder devices. It's not a side effect but a stated goal that the revolutionaries die at the end by their own tools.

Any revolutionary that looks to survive, even in exile, is just another rear end in a top hat with aspirations of one day becoming king and cannot be trusted. Death by your own devices means you might have actually made society better than yourself.

Also you don't have to hang around and watch the people gently caress it all up again, as they often do.

LASER BEAM DREAM
Nov 3, 2005

Oh, what? So now I suppose you're just going to sit there and pout?

I appreciate that she got a couple good hits in. All she had to do to win was drive the poker forward into his eyes, but I’m sure it’s hard when your head is full of tea.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
https://twitter.com/ecto_fun/status/1715546740558819554?s=20

https://twitter.com/ecto_fun/status/1715551274148470863?s=20

EDIT: oh jesus this one was farther down the thread...

https://twitter.com/colipher/status/1433933290487132160?s=20

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

lol

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Every time I see it I am invariably transfixed by what he's doing to the balls with his left hand.

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."
doing it with your non-dominant hand sorta makes it feel like someone else is doing it

bloody ghost titty
Oct 23, 2008
these were Bluesky invites but they got took
Come post, cowards.

bloody ghost titty has a new favorite as of 16:47 on Oct 21, 2023

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."

bloody ghost titty posted:

bsky-social-calyo-aqxiv

took this one, thanks

bloody ghost titty
Oct 23, 2008

Seaniqua posted:

took this one, thanks

Nice. Do we both share a last name with a famous Southern musicologist?

boofhead
Feb 18, 2021

Seaniqua posted:

doing it with your non-dominant hand sorta makes it feel like someone else is doing it

ive used my non-dominant hand hundreds of times and not once has it ever felt like somebody else was jerking the guy off

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

I nabbed bsky-social-5jvsa-icrok

Time to POST.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Reminds me of when I was a teenager watching Comedy Central late at night. There was a specific Girls Gone Wild commercial where they missed a censor bar on a reflection that took them forever to fix.

Sir Gladu
Nov 26, 2008

Used bsky-social-zurbg-xvwq6.
Finally got my foot in the door.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

muscles like this! posted:

Reminds me of when I was a teenager watching Comedy Central late at night. There was a specific Girls Gone Wild commercial where they missed a censor bar on a reflection that took them forever to fix.

They played those commercials all the time too lol

bloody ghost titty
Oct 23, 2008
bsky-social-cpy2l-437ay

bsky-social-5wdoy-ycb5e

Happy Saturday, ya ding dongs

E: also I’m not gonna follow you unless you follow me first that’s weird and I am plenty weird thank you v much

bloody ghost titty has a new favorite as of 16:50 on Oct 21, 2023

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
https://bsky.app/profile/maryscottoconnor.com/post/3kcbjxzmyyn2r

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

bloody ghost titty posted:

bsky-social-5wdoy-ycb5e

Took this one, thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

Is that a cat in your pants, or are you just a lonely excuse for an adult?

Dick Trauma posted:

Don't forget Phil Collins, creating an evil nexus of Eighties the likes of which will never be seen again.

Phil Collins, the mustard tiger??