Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

HallelujahLee posted:

whats worse than supporting genocide lol

Supporting 2 genocides!

2 > 1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

When I think of the democratic party the word "functioning" definitely comes to mind

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Fitzy Fitz posted:

When I think of the democratic party the word "functioning" definitely comes to mind

Fondly remembering Nancy Pelosi saying they will use "every arrow in their quiver" to stop RBG from being replaced and then doing absolutely nothing.

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

https://twitter.com/WajahatAli/status/1715416831316361714
https://twitter.com/WajahatAli/status/1715438970891292955

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

If the Republicans win they won't do anything to address the many problems this country faces!

This is somehow different from the Democrats who are currently doing nothing about any of these problems.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Vote for the party that supports right-wing authoritarianism abroad but not at home.

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

wow im glad the dems have addressed not a single one of those issues

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/zei_squirrel/status/1715540704120705211?t=92kT88vk1F7dZXdt75G2YA&s=19

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

Every time you vote for biden im going to vote for trump 3 times

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I've had to do some unfollowing because people have been passing around some Nazi-rear end "the Jews run the media" poo poo, and I think this is sufficient to explain how the problem isn't actually Jewish Americans holding jobs at media companies

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah, actually, gamers in the house forever,

DragQueenofAngmar posted:

one element of the whole posting style there and how they respond to pushback that’s especially bizarre and frustrating to me is the way a lot of them seem to have an unshakable conviction that what you post is what you want to happen. so if you post for example that you don’t think voting really has any effect on the direction of the country, it’s interpreted as though you feel positively about voting being a sham, you love this actually. it’s so widespread and consistent that I’m sure it’s on an unconscious level; you can state the above in plain language and get no coherent response. very strange and annoying

it’s like how liberals think John Meersheimer is anti-American for critiquing American imperial policy and they just ignore the fact his critiques are because he sincerely wants America to do a better job of being an empire

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

nazi wonks gently caress off
https://twitter.com/vonderleyen/status/1715425214815740358?s=20

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

i still say the glans-only condom would be a goldmine if you could make it work

Comic Sans
Condom Glans

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

I thinks it is very funny that the Democrats have blown their electoral chances this early in the cycle. They will be playing catch up all next year and they won’t make it

Tsitsikovas
Aug 2, 2023

Just via wikipedia alone, you can trace her family to a south carolina plantation owner/slaver and prussian merchant aristocracy. And now she and her father were CDU? Bonafide nazi. loving scum.

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

Nonsense posted:

I thinks it is very funny that the Democrats have blown their electoral chances this early in the cycle. They will be playing catch up all next year and they won’t make it

screaming at the top of their lungs that the only thing they care about is killing Palestinians and Russians, then getting really mad that some voters listened.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
Honestly Biden is bad enough that I still think he can win this in a squeaker

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Republicans have made themselves appear unable to govern by Chuck Schumer’s standards. The media does not understand the average voter thinks that is a good thing lol

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

I'm not voting for anyone on the presidential ticket. I just don't have two fucks to give about it anymore. I'll still vote for local stuff, though.

voting in local elections is increasingly meaningless too

in 2022 there were 23 state legislative chambers where one party was going to win control of it and there was nothing voters could do to change the outcome of the “election”

quote:

More than one-quarter of all state legislative chambers holding elections this year will have their partisan control decided before voters head to the polls.

Of the 88 state legislative chambers holding elections this year, there are 23 chambers in which either Democrats or Republicans left enough seats uncontested that they effectively guaranteed majority control to the opposing party.

In 2022:

Democrats are guaranteed simple majorities in three chambers; and,
Republicans are guaranteed simple majorities in 20 chambers.

And overall, in 33% of “elections” the winner was decided before votes were cast:

quote:

In the 2022 general election, an average of 32.1% of seats nationwide were uncontested. This percentage includes states where all seats on the ballot were contested.

https://ballotpedia.org/Election_results,_2022:_Uncontested_races_by_state

And in 2023, a majority of statehouse races will be decided before the voters cast a ballot:

quote:

https://news.ballotpedia.org/2023/09/26/more-than-half-of-state-legislative-district-elections-lack-major-party-competition/
There are 336 (58%) state legislative seats — out of 578 up for election — that are uncontested and have no major party competition in 2023. This is the largest number of seats with no major party competition in an odd year since Ballotpedia began gathering data in 2011. Percentage wise, this is the second-largest since 2011, as the 2015 elections had 62% of seats (332 out of 538) without major party competition.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
i got amendments and bills to vote for. the rest of the ballot sheet is just there to doodle dicks on

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

loquacius posted:

I've had to do some unfollowing because people have been passing around some Nazi-rear end "the Jews run the media" poo poo, and I think this is sufficient to explain how the problem isn't actually Jewish Americans holding jobs at media companies

ok ok but what if we say the Zionist’s run the media?

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Senator Fetterman is a friend to Ben Shapiro.

Tsitsikovas
Aug 2, 2023

Scarabrae posted:

ok ok but what if we say the Zionist’s run the media?

saying zionism is an anti-semetism. all those left wing jews? anti-zionist haredi?

yep, all anti-semites too.

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

Tsitsikovas posted:

saying zionism is an anti-semetism. all those left wing jews? anti-zionist haredi?

yep, all anti-semites too.

drat they got this all locked down oh well

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

World Famous W posted:

i got amendments and bills to vote for. the rest of the ballot sheet is just there to doodle dicks on

Doodled Dicks winning a massive unforeseen write-in campaign

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Animal-Mother posted:

Doodled Dicks winning a massive unforeseen write-in campaign

sorry only 8 states allow real write in candidates, the rest require the write-in candidate to be pre-approved before the election or ban them completely

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

Trabisnikof posted:

voting in local elections is increasingly meaningless too

in 2022 there were 23 state legislative chambers where one party was going to win control of it and there was nothing voters could do to change the outcome of the “election”

And overall, in 33% of “elections” the winner was decided before votes were cast:

And in 2023, a majority of statehouse races will be decided before the voters cast a ballot:

I told an acquaintance recently that I threw away my town ballot rather than vote and got a long winded rant about how that attitude is lazy and selfish then had to explain to him that every category had candidates running unopposed and he did the npc stare at me and changed the subject

Jon Pod Van Damm
Apr 6, 2009

THE POSSESSION OF WEALTH IS IN AND OF ITSELF A SIGN OF POOR VIRTUE. AS SUCH:
1 NEVER TRUST ANY RICH PERSON.
2 NEVER HIRE ANY RICH PERSON.
BY RULE 1, IT IS APPROPRIATE TO PRESUME THAT ALL DEGREES AND CREDENTIALS HELD BY A WEALTHY PERSON ARE FRAUDULENT. THIS JUSTIFIES RULE 2--RULE 1 NEEDS NO JUSTIFIC

Tsitsikovas posted:

Just via wikipedia alone, you can trace her family to a south carolina plantation owner/slaver and prussian merchant aristocracy. And now she and her father were CDU? Bonafide nazi. loving scum.
:hai: Uphold Captain ACAB-thought

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Trabisnikof posted:

sorry only 8 states allow real write in candidates, the rest require the write-in candidate to be pre-approved before the election or ban them completely

Here they just don’t count them unless there’s enough for the candidate to potentially win, so most of the time they just go through the machine and no one ever sees your funny joke

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

is pepsi ok posted:

Fondly remembering Nancy Pelosi saying they will use "every arrow in their quiver" to stop RBG from being replaced and then doing absolutely nothing.

Listen here sweaty, if the Dems do anything at all whatsoever to accomplish a goal, then that throws the door wide open for Republicans to use the same method the next time they need to do something. Everyone knows Republicans can't use a One Weird Trick until the Dems do it first, so sometimes you have to be pragmatic and do absolutely nothing and let the political capital build up, but I guess you're just not ready for that conversation.

Deified Data posted:

Frankly, it's all going to come down to the news cycle. Either rapist can win, it's just going to depend on if we get a new epidemic outbreak or terror attack or "We're investigating Biden's emails" situation at the right time to flip whatever switch is in people's heads.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

HashtagGirlboss posted:

Here they just don’t count them unless there’s enough for the candidate to potentially win, so most of the time they just go through the machine and no one ever sees your funny joke
at least i can make the machine laugh

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

quote:

There doesn't need to be a detailed analysis of Latuff's beliefs because he's a propagandist working on behalf of authoritarian regimes. That's where his comics stem from- money, from authoritarians, to spread propaganda. His work continuously appearing in mintpress and global times should be sufficient to establish this. It's also yet another object lesson in how motivated reasoning can make someone a channel for propaganda talking points, even if they're so obvious that they're literal giant bloody hands cartoons coming directly from named propaganda outlets. If you find yourself defending it, you should really stop and take stock of what it means about how you're approaching information.

The fact that one could find his selective framing (as well-characterized by idonotlikepeas) agreeable does not actually change its motives, purpose or effect. Nor should it be surprising or counterintuitive that you do. Unlike almost all of the stuff in this thread, with Latuff, we are the target. Particularly damning in this regard is the comic with "redfish" on it posted earlier in the page. Redfish was one of a network of relatively briefly set up alternate disinformation platforms that served as deniable mediators for Russia for several years, specifically to target US leftists. It was wound down when the general press identified its backers too quickly and promoted the fact too broadly- though even then it was successfully poisoning brains and dialogue (including on SA) for several years.

Everything I don't like is propaganda and requires no further thought or analysis.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

the_steve posted:

Everything I don't like is propaganda and requires no further thought or analysis.

don't even need to guess. final answer, regis.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

the_steve posted:

im always mediating, transcendentally

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

the_steve posted:

lol at that thread being full of posters too scared to post about their love of Greater Israel

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

seriously though why do they keep using that word like it's insightful and revelatory

e: and often in the same post, quoting some blobby Atlantic Council-rear end article in wapo or similarly trustworthy sources

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Deified Data posted:

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Ed good Rocko bad

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
Biden will win by the media consolidating around him and just pretending no one's running against him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tsitsikovas
Aug 2, 2023

Jon Pod Van Damm posted:

:hai: Uphold Captain ACAB-thought

I had to look this guy up and lol yeah no where near him. except for my blog *fart noise* dot com. I also publish articles in *pee pee sound hitting toilet bowl*

still the apples dont fall far from the trees, german right wingers be who they are.