Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
discussion of current standings: I hope Sue continues to keep gaining on the two frontrunners, but I don't think she'll be able to pull it off unless she gets extremely lucky. Of the two frontrunners I hope Julian takes it but Sam is really growing on me. Really, it's a series where I love everyone enough that I'd be happy to see the winner regardless.

discussion of tasks: Prize task: I'm glad Susan has learned how to get points in this round (sucking up to Greg). All of this round's scoring seems pretty much in line with how I'd do it, which hasn't usually been the case this series lol. Task one: not much to say about this one but Sue's unbridled joy at her haggis properly bursting was very fun. Task 2: I probably would have tied Sue with Julian but I was less impressed by the teapot boyz than Greg was and I may be biased towards Sue, just a little. Task 3: I don't like tasks where everyone's disqualified and it seems like this one would be basically impossible to do without the DQ (because the candle science trick doesn't get all the water into the vase). Watching Sam gently caress around with fire was fun though. Live task: What a sacrifice. I love Sue. The perfect old school village idiot, to sacrifice her points to help the guy who was already in the lead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heavy_D
Feb 16, 2002

"rararararara" contains the meaning of everything, kept in simple rectangular structures
If the secret task reads "Keep this task secret" then, well, you heard it here first...

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
'Hands of a midwife ' has to be in contention for Series 17 thread title.

Bozza
Mar 5, 2004

"I'm a really useful engine!"
Julian Clairy ascending to full national treasure status with every episode

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

"What fun we had" keeps randomly popping into my head.

Leatherhead
Jul 3, 2006

For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast,
And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed;
And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill,
And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still

Sam absolutely slayed me twice this episode, once with the anthrax threat, and once with the line about the olympics (especially since he was absolutely right; that task was basically impossible).

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

I think the show should have impossible task for two reasons:
1. It would be fun to watch the contestants struggle with it.
2. Just imagine if someone managed to complete an impossible task.

ookiimarukochan
Apr 4, 2011

Bozza posted:

Julian Clairy ascending to full national treasure status with every episode

He's been one ever since the gag about fisting Norman Lamont

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Alhazred posted:

I think the show should have impossible task for two reasons:
1. It would be fun to watch the contestants struggle with it.
2. Just imagine if someone managed to complete an impossible task.

I suspect it would have hit the cutting room floor, but they got so much good footsge out of it that they decided to use it anyway.

Carlton Banks Teller
Nov 18, 2004

I didn't think the episode could get any gayer after Sue licking around the corners of a circle, but drat if the live task didn't make my heart swell. Very good series, I really love Julian, Lucy, and the Sues.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Sue not getting either 0 or 1 point for the prize task is absurd. Jeremy would never give 3 points to a prize that didn’t even fulfill the prompt. :colbert:

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

Sue not getting either 0 or 1 point for the prize task is absurd. Jeremy would never give 3 points to a prize that didn’t even fulfill the prompt. :colbert:

Literally went with the dog ate her homework excuse.

Tagra
Apr 7, 2006

If you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.

I was actually pretty annoyed that Lucy only got 2 points for things things things things things. Sure it was low effort but it was funny and was a literal interpretation of the task, fulfilling it perfectly. Sue getting a point over that for "the dog ate it but it used to fit the category" was extra insulting.

Also who DOESN'T want 5 yorkshire puddings?

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

Tagra posted:

Anyone who's got a choice

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

Tagra posted:

I was actually pretty annoyed that Lucy only got 2 points for things things things things things. Sure it was low effort but it was funny and was a literal interpretation of the task, fulfilling it perfectly. Sue getting a point over that for "the dog ate it but it used to fit the category" was extra insulting.

Technically Lucy had 10 things so broke the requirements

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

I didn't even know how to parse a yorkshiremellon, at first I thought it was some sort of fungal growth.

Irisi
Feb 18, 2009

Boxturret posted:

I didn't even know how to parse a yorkshiremellon, at first I thought it was some sort of fungal growth.

Lucy has a bit of a mania for Yorkshire Puddings, they were a horrible, horrible component of The Unspeakable Cake Thing that she made on Celebrity Bakeoff (google it, I'm not going to subject my eyes to the horrors again to find a photo of it)

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019

Boxturret posted:

Literally went with the dog ate her homework excuse.

Also triceratops quite famously has three horns, not five.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
The Yorkshire melon was funnier than it had any right to be. At least to me. I was almost cross with myself for laughing at it.

Tagra
Apr 7, 2006

If you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.

Mr Beens posted:

Technically Lucy had 10 things so broke the requirements

Yes, it had 10 things in total, but it had 5 literal "things" and the category was "A thing with 5 "things" on it" :colbert:

I'm not mad about it like I was about scrub daddy though.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

She mentioned on the podcast that the actual Terry the Triceratops really did have five horns but also had long been lost to time, and that the recreation the prop team made didn't have the five horns.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Leraika posted:

She mentioned on the podcast that the actual Terry the Triceratops really did have five horns but also had long been lost to time, and that the recreation the prop team made didn't have the five horns.

Perhaps she should have brought something else then.

Phigs
Jan 23, 2019

I don't have a lot of sympathy for people who rely on the taskmaster team for their prizes. If you wanna roll the dice on what they get you then you take what comes up on the dice.

Creature
Mar 9, 2009

We've already seen a dead horse
I’m just happy that so many more people are now aware of how terrible Australian TV was in the 90s.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

Irisi posted:

Lucy has a bit of a mania for Yorkshire Puddings, they were a horrible, horrible component of The Unspeakable Cake Thing that she made on Celebrity Bakeoff (google it, I'm not going to subject my eyes to the horrors again to find a photo of it)
I have just subjected myself to the episode and Lucy's baking is everything I feared it would be.

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

Creature posted:

I’m just happy that so many more people are now aware of how terrible Australian TV was in the 90s.
A shame nobody mentioned alllllllllll the blackface

But I cackled at Sam just calling Daryl Somers "Daryl"

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
OzII has been announced

https://twitter.com/TaskMasterAU/status/1716597519093047656

Aaron Chen
Concetta Caristo
Mel Buttle
Peter Helliar
Rhys Nicholson

No idea who any of them are.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
OZ II is something completely different

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Apart from another Project veteran, I might have seen some of them in clips of Australian panel shows. I'm sure it's going to be great.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

I know Rhys from the couple of eps of Drag Race Down Under that I watched.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

I think that bald one in the middle is Tom something.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

nah, the one he's shoving away is tom

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I thought Rhys was Sensible Chuckle guy, but no.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!
I'm amazed that Lucy Beaumont is married to Jon Richardson.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

Gromit posted:

That sounds like the perfect match, though - he's basically constantly overfunctioning and she validates it by being completely nonfunctional.

Seriously though I was surprised to see people saying they didn't like Lucy because she's one of my favorite parts of this season.

Creature
Mar 9, 2009

We've already seen a dead horse

Gromit posted:

It’s just as baffling as Stewart Lee and Bridget Christie. I don’t know how it worked for so long (until it didn’t, I guess).

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Paul Williams just had a little bit part on Our Flag Means Death as Bluecoat #1 and I got extremely disoriented.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
I wonder if that affects any of the more serious actors that took part. If you see, say, Katherine Parkinson on stage and all you can think of are her attempts to catapult a shoe or something.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

anilEhilated posted:

I wonder if that affects any of the more serious actors that took part. If you see, say, Katherine Parkinson on stage and all you can think of are her attempts to catapult a shoe or something.

I saw the episode of Poirot with John Hannah in after I saw the new year's treat and yeah the performance was undercut slightly by the fact that he was, in my head, hitting ping pong balls at Greg Davies with a cabbage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

Trig Discipline posted:

That sounds like the perfect match, though - he's basically constantly overfunctioning and she validates it by being completely nonfunctional.

Seriously though I was surprised to see people saying they didn't like Lucy because she's one of my favorite parts of this season.

You and I have very different definitions of the perfect match, because that sounds infuriating and tiring 100% of the time to me. But yes, I love every second of that mad woman and the things she says. I wonder how much is an act (if anything).