Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
Post-'Nam Pat,
Post-'Nam Pat,
Post-'Nam Pat is having flashbacks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

BrigadierSensible posted:

Postman Pat is better than Fireman Sam.

This is a hill I will die on.

Mods, rename this goon BrigadierInsane.

People can survive without getting mail. They cannot survive when Norman Price sets fire to their home while they sleep!

ookiimarukochan
Apr 4, 2011

BrigadierSensible posted:

Postman Pat is better than Fireman Sam.

Special Delivery Service is loving awful though, all the post Ken Barrie stuff is

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Tree Bucket posted:

Post-'Nam Pat,
Post-'Nam Pat,

Lol

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

"I'm telling you, Barry. If we can pull this off, they'll treat us like kings back home!"

https://i.imgur.com/fngndlT.mp4

you're not helping. why aren't you helping.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Kheldarn posted:

What's he doing in Sheriff Jack Carter's house?

Sarah won't be pleased with that spill.

Fors Yard
Feb 15, 2008

Aside from getting shot in the head, David, what have you done with yourself?

Tree Bucket posted:

Post-'Nam Pat,
Post-'Nam Pat,

Surely still in mourning
Survivors guilt is gnawing

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

Arivia posted:

you're not helping. why aren't you helping.

(This might only be funny to New Zealanders. Judith "Crusher" Collins is a famously... uncompromising right-wing politician from NZ.)

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Fors Yard posted:

Surely still in mourning
Survivors guilt is gnawing

Pat knows that you'll never un-der-stand

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Emzedoh posted:

(This might only be funny to New Zealanders. Judith "Crusher" Collins is a famously... uncompromising right-wing politician from NZ.)

That's more or less clear from the evidence presented

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

Hyperlynx posted:

Eh, reflexive cultural cringe.

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.

Hyperlynx posted:

i was thinking about the response and i assume she might be wondering if the turtle was already mortally wounded by a predator or something and if so why bother

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

Oh, almost certainly. It's just funnier to imagine it the other way because well, they call her Crusher for a reason. She's not a very nice person!

Edit: Relevant material: https://thespinoff.co.nz/society/18-09-2020/the-side-eye-how-to-draw-judith-collins

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

klen dool
May 7, 2007

Okay well me being wrong in some limited situations doesn't change my overall point.

Emzedoh posted:

Oh, almost certainly. It's just funnier to imagine it the other way because well, they call her Crusher for a reason. She's not a very nice person!

Edit: Relevant material: https://thespinoff.co.nz/society/18-09-2020/the-side-eye-how-to-draw-judith-collins

They call her crusher specifically because she proposed the legislation that allows the govt to seize cars being used in street racing and crush them, not because she is - well - her.

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

I would argue that they started calling her crusher for the car thing, but they kept calling her crusher because... She's her.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Tree Bucket posted:

Post-'Nam Pat,
Post-'Nam Pat,

You weren’t there, Mrs Goggins! YOU DONT KNOW!

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Tree Bucket posted:

Post-'Nam Pat,
Post-'Nam Pat,

Early in the morning, just as day is dawning, he thinks he's right back there in Vietnam.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Saigon. poo poo; I'm still in Saigon.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

klen dool posted:

They call her crusher specifically because she proposed the legislation that allows the govt to seize cars being used in street racing and crush them, not because she is - well - her.

Wow a real worst person great point

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Genuinely shocked cititrends is a chain and not just a wholesale-supplied store specific to the one locality i saw it in.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Grassy Knowles posted:

Genuinely shocked cititrends is a chain and not just a wholesale-supplied store specific to the one locality i saw it in.

One time I was in a laundromat across the street from a cititrends and someone came in and started fussing with my clothes that were on the folding table. After I told them to stop messing with my stuff a cop came in and it turned out that said person (along with another) were accused of stealing stuff from the cititrends. Messing with my stuff was apparently them trying to set up an alibi where they claimed that it couldn't have been them because they were in here doing their laundry.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

muscles like this! posted:

One time I was in a laundromat across the street from a cititrends and someone came in and started fussing with my clothes that were on the folding table. After I told them to stop messing with my stuff a cop came in and it turned out that said person (along with another) were accused of stealing stuff from the cititrends. Messing with my stuff was apparently them trying to set up an alibi where they claimed that it couldn't have been them because they were in here doing their laundry.

Nice to hear the experience is consistent across the locations

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.
My ex was from the East Coast and she'd talk about places called "Food Lion" and "Piggly Wiggly" and even having been online and connected to the world for most of my life I had never heard of these places and they absolutely sounded made up.

Killer robot
Sep 6, 2010

I was having the most wonderful dream. I think you were in it!
Pillbug

credburn posted:

My ex was from the East Coast and she'd talk about places called "Food Lion" and "Piggly Wiggly" and even having been online and connected to the world for most of my life I had never heard of these places and they absolutely sounded made up.

Same and I'm in the east. Here it's all Wegmans and Apple Cabin.

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022

I'm open to interpretation!
We have Giant Eagle over here. Clearly people who open grocery stores should probably become zoo keepers instead.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.
All we have around here are Hungry Bear and Toby's Special.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I couldn’t move away from my peanut grabblers or my harvest dillingers (scooped)

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

Killer robot posted:

If U want it? It’s 4 sale ok if u need to ask ask

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

credburn posted:

piggly wiggly was the first place to have shopping carts. they were a lot bigger in my youth then kinda imploded or at least downsized significantly

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

Milo and POTUS posted:

piggly wiggly was the first place to have shopping carts. they were a lot bigger in my youth then kinda imploded or at least downsized significantly

Piggly wiggly was the first modern grocery store. The idea that the customer walks in browses aisles, picks up items in a cart or basket, then goes to a checkout…

That’s piggly wiggly. Before piggly wiggly you hand a clerk your list and they got the items for you.

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Piggly Wiggly was the first supermarket and is related to HEB (Howard Edward Butt) stores

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

Bar Ran Dun posted:

Piggly wiggly was the first modern grocery store. The idea that the customer walks in browses aisles, picks up items in a cart or basket, then goes to a checkout…

That’s piggly wiggly. Before piggly wiggly you hand a clerk your list and they got the items for you.
Pedantic note: they were the first modern supermarket, but A&P beat them to modern grocery store (where you also picked your own stuff) by a few years.

Lake of Methane
Oct 29, 2011

freeedr posted:

Piggly Wiggly was the first supermarket and is related to HEB (Howard Edward Butt) stores

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

Killer robot posted:

Wegmans fucks so goddamn hard, dude. Their house brand stuff slaps, their selection is unbeatable, they take great care of their employees, and their buffet is an absolute godsend on road trips and long bike rides.

Leon Sumbitches
Mar 27, 2010

Dr. Leon Adoso Sumbitches (prounounced soom-'beh-cheh) (born January 21, 1935) is heir to the legendary Adoso family oil fortune.

For people who don't know John Greene, he of The Fault in Our Stars fame, has a book called The Anthropocene Reviewed. He reviews Piggly Wiggly, among a slew of other subjects, on a five star scale with accompanying write-ups that are alternatively wistful, hilarious, philosophical, and nerdy.

The audiobook is worth a listen,as it's narrated by the author.

https://nerdfighteria.info/v/519606021

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

lol

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Yonder's the piggly wiggly

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

HEBs are so good. One of the few things that make texas bearable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011