Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

https://twitter.com/PAstynome/status/1715807649219133561

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Not to be confused with meat.

BornAPoorBlkChild posted:

I still find myself in the dark about how this whole thing started, i have to be honest.

So back in the day there was this guy called Herzl

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

I still find myself in the dark about how this whole thing started, i have to be honest.

The various circumstances surrounding it continue to allude me (something about a rave? Underground tunnels? Parachutes? What?:psyduck:)

so much insane bullshit surrounding all of this that the only that makes sense to me is the western media calling it "Israel's 9/11" because of reasons I just stated
Theres a pretty good tweet writeup breaking down the initil hamas attack somewhere on here.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

smarxist posted:

before i looked closer i thought this was a sandwich ad

lol

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

https://twitter.com/tamars/status/1715710342221767132

lol Iran built a merkava killer RPG and is handing it out like candy. That’s why you don’t pick a fight with a country full of engineers.

Mister Bates
Aug 4, 2010

The various circumstances surrounding it continue to allude me (something about a rave? Underground tunnels? Parachutes? What?:psyduck:)

so much insane bullshit surrounding all of this that the only that makes sense to me is the western media calling it "Israel's 9/11" because of the reasons I just stated

the Palestinian resistance carried out a prison break that was probably intended to be a quick raid on Israeli military positions around Gaza to destroy things, steal equipment and weapons, and take prisoners, then retreat back across the boundary wall

they then got past the wall, and the unmanned automated machine gun turrets protecting it, to find....nothing, no other defenses or security, nobody trying to stop them in any kind of organized way, and decided to make the most of that by decapitating the Israeli military's command and control in the area, killing or capturing as many of their officers as they could find, disrupting their communications, and generally causing chaos

they also, ultimately unsuccessfully, attempted to drive on the West Bank and take and hold the territory between, clearly hoping to open up a corridor, but that didn't last very long

it wasn't a lot of guys, maybe 1000-1500 fighters actually left Gaza, but they were able to cause a shitload of damage to Israeli military targets very quickly, and completely humiliated the IDF in the process

Baudolino
Apr 1, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Al-Saqr posted:

The israelis had nothing but their reputation.

Without the invincibility reputation they cant justify being a safe haven for settler colonialists so less foreigners will choose to live there and set up, and more israelis who have two passports will leaver.

Without it they wont be able to sell arms and spy software because they've been proven to be easy to get around and completely useless.

Without it there's no reason that their enemies will back down from the next fight and be even stronger and more powerful next time.

Without it, their hold on the west bank becomes shattered once palestinians overthrow Fatah now that there's an actually more effective second option towards liberation.

Without it, they've lost the ability to affect their environment strategically and everyone around them will recognize Iran as king of the hill.

Without it, arab governments cant justify to their people giving up on palestine and doing normalization and their arab allies have lost all their cards to do anything because people are now aware that Israel can be defeated by a very small very competent fighting force so why give them any concessions on anything.

Without it, the very foundations of them pretending like they can annex palestine forever is shattered.

It's a huge deal.

I think you underestimate the financial icentives for Arab goverments to ignore this once this present crisis is over, and their willingness to attack even if normalization never happens.
So its a good thing Israel is going to step into every rake on earth and force their hand. Sad to say but if it really was Hamas`s plan to maximise civilian casulties and not the result of crossfire and opportunistic Gazan civilans who took their one shot at venegance they werent actually wrong do it. It really was the best strategic choice to maximize civilan casulties.

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan

so much insane bullshit surrounding all of this that the only that makes sense to me is the western media calling it "Israel's 9/11" because of the reasons I just stated

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nakba

here you go op

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011

PawParole posted:

lol Iran built a merkava killer RPG and is handing it out like candy. That’s why you don’t pick a fight with a country full of engineers.

Iranians truly the best engineers in the world.

Blackhawk
Nov 15, 2004

It started in 1948 when the british colonial occupiers decided to cave up somebody else's country in the middle east and give a big chunk of it to some european settlers.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Atrocious Joe posted:

Real Brace Belden strategy there:

1. Paraglide over the apartheid wall and storm the settlement
2. Find the most elderly woman there
3. Give her your gun

lmao

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

PawParole posted:

https://twitter.com/tamars/status/1715710603858174186

in 2006 Hezbollaj would deal with the Trophy systems by shooting a large number of RPG-7s from different angles then attacking with the ATGM. It’s funny how the iron dome and the Trophy system have the same weakness

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005

Al-Saqr posted:

the hostages are more useful to israel dead than they are alive

troof

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

just remembered this guy
https://twitter.com/matisyahu/status/1712159668934525031?s=20

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan

Death By The Blues posted:

Iranians truly the best engineers in the world.

I think Iran has the greatest percentage of engineers in the world

Noise Complaint
Sep 27, 2004

Who could be scared of a Jeffrey?
im not saying that netanyahu's social media guy ran pictures of hamas through an upscaling program made for anime (waifu2x) but i just did and got the same exact result

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
Yea its a running joke that is the only options your parents provide you for a job/career with Iranians lol

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

Is that a cat in your pants, or are you just a lonely excuse for an adult?

squads of Hamas fighters (Qassam brigades, the militant arm of Hamas, to be technical) cut through, bombed, tunneled under, and flew over the wall around Gaza after their morning coffee, and proceeded to loving seize entire suburbs of Israeli settlements and kibbutzes near Gaza. Meanwhile hundreds of rockets were deluged from Gaza into Israel, overwhelming the iron dome system and scoring a number of hits on civilian and probably some military infrastructure too. The brigades also stormed a few military bases and merked a good few Israeli soldiers caught with their pants down and breakfast unfinished. A couple hundred prisoners and/or hostages were taken back to Gaza and the remaining Qassam brigade members were eventually killed after hooouuurs of holding out in places like police stations.

The Israeli military had no fuckin idea what was going on either, and it took them hours to mount any effective response.

the rave, well, I still don’t understand what the poo poo happened there. Maybe a bunch of Israeli civilians got mowed down by Qassam forces, maybe the IDF whoopsie-doodled into crowds of panicked civilians. someone else can probably illuminate.

anyways that’s what kicked this whole thing off - an honest to god invasion of Israel by Gazan Hamas forces.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

PawParole posted:

Dual Wielding naysayers seething

ughhhh
Oct 17, 2012

Wtf is he even talking about in the video. are Israelis just making poo poo up and posting gore at each other to get their bloodlust going?

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

Is that a cat in your pants, or are you just a lonely excuse for an adult?

oh yeah actually this is the right answer

Death of Innocence
Jan 12, 2006

Blackhawk posted:

It started in 1948 when the british colonial occupiers decided to cave up somebody else's country in the middle east and give a big chunk of it to some european settlers.

Zionism started in the late 1800s and Britain made that decision before the end of WWI, before they technically even had the land.

Death of Innocence has issued a correction as of 20:28 on Oct 21, 2023

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005

PawParole posted:

Vomik posted:

I think Iran has the greatest percentage of engineers in the world

is this akin to calling chinese students math geniuses?

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

Baudolino posted:

I think you underestimate the financial icentives for Arab goverments to ignore this once this present crisis is over, and their willingness to attack even if normalization never happens.
So its a good thing Israel is going to step into every rake on earth and force their hand. Sad to say but if it really was Hamas`s plan to maximise civilian casulties and not the result of crossfire and opportunistic Gazan civilans who took their one shot at venegance they werent actually wrong do it. It really was the best strategic choice to maximize civilan casulties.

oh i have no doubts the arab governments are gonna try to normalize its just now its no longer safe for them to do so the way they thought it was a year ago and now theyre not gonna be able to do it without extreme public backlash, israels crimes in gaza have re-established peoples utter hatred and disgust of israel to a whole new generation of arab youth and all of the arab zionists efforts to muddy the issue, demonize hamas and make normalization seem ok has been obliterated. this is why arab governments are freaking out and making GBS threads themselves, their parades been poo poo on big time.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

Oglethorpe posted:

is this akin to calling chinese students math geniuses?

no, it's calling cubans doctors

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

PawParole posted:

lol did iran just make the anti-tank RPG equivalent of the double-barreled shotgun from Doom?!

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

ty slumfrog :)

Chillgamesh posted:

Dual Wielding naysayers seething

STR builds stay winning

mightygerm
Jun 29, 2002

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

RAM = upgraded

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
Things are going to get worse

https://twitter.com/freep/status/1715795847516967079

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

Oh, they're planning on gassing gaza.

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

I know my opinion doesn't amount to much (if at all), but if it provides even a modicum of consolation ill let you know that you are not alone in your feelings of powerlessness.:unsmith:

social media has made it to where the average person is just witness to all types of horror and institutionalized evil both here and abroad virtually every minute of every day, to the point even IF one were to log off (to, yknow, NOT go completely batshit insane and maintain SOME shred of sanity?..) this poo poo is still served to them by Word of Mouth

It's not about knowing what's going on, I WANT to know, it's important to know. I'm just dumbfounded at how world governments are nodding along, letting this happen (or actively facilitating it in America's case) and eating up all the propaganda. It's not like I had any faith in the liberal hellfuck capitalist world order beforehand, but its most dramatically evil manifestations will never cease to baffle me no matter how utterly unsurprising they are.

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Neurolimal posted:

https://twitter.com/jacksonhinklle/status/1715780833221746837?s=20

The president of the most powerful country in the west is being ratioed by a nazbol grifter

lol who is this genocidal dunham puppet piece of poo poo trying to win over

strong bird
May 12, 2009

Smythe posted:

RAM = upgraded

yep

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Strange choice of item, I don't think Netanyahu nor Hitler had any of those.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Real hurthling! posted:

can we get it in smt3 font with a "featuring biden from the great satan series"?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

ty slumfrog :)

:vince:

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Sancho Banana posted:

Strange choice of item, I don't think Netanyahu nor Hitler had any of those.

a vagina?

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

30.5 Days posted:

Oh, they're planning on gassing gaza.

Was thinking about this and tbh I could see them thinking of chemical weapons as less of a risk to deploy than nukes once they burn through their conventional weapon stocks. They already use WP as a terror weapon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006