Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ruby Gloom
May 8, 2004

i showed u my trash pls respond

SIDS Vicious posted:

lmao zeluth or whatever last night in this thread was talking poo poo to me but he got banmed or probed for his drunk assholery

i'm gonna fight this guy in a chilis parking lot :mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Bad Purchase posted:

put some time into D4 season 2 last night after aard's praise

definitely some improvements, didn't have to regrind renown and leveling seems a whole lot faster. made it to world tier 3 already.

i have not found a single good legendary for any of the builds i'm interested in playing. i think being straight up unable to play builds is the main reason D4 seems like a worse version of D3 to me.

i remember being able to play fully functioning builds in D3 pretty early. you did a lot less damage without the right legendaries and sets, but you could still run around spamming your abilities and having a good time. so many D4 builds rely on resource generation and just can't come online until you reach a breakpoint where your gear is good enough to sustain them, so you get stuck playing basic skill builds that are boring or downright tedious to play for the first 40 hours.

Have you just been slamming the 150 turnin at the vampire camp? If you can get in to a group doing that nonstop (and I have just running there playing solo found people doing it) you will get so many legendaries you can't possibly not have a build it feels like.

literally gave up on picking up rares because I was missing too many legendaries returning to town to break poo poo down

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

im hungover as poo poo

numberoneposter fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Oct 21, 2023

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

i've only seen the triple 50 pedestals get filled out one time, and yeah, got 3 legendaries from killing those bosses

the events last like a full hour and i rarely see more than one or two people there in the world. was completely dead last night. a lot of world lag too despite being empty

it's not like i've been avoiding the blood events, i've primarily been leveling there and have farmed a couple thousand potent blood

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Sid is a monster.

meat police
Nov 14, 2015

Today I ate hella italian food and I think i'm turning into tony soprano (depressed)

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

meat police posted:

Today I ate hella italian food and I think i'm turning into tony soprano (depressed)

i would like to see the gabbagool *Herzogishly*

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

meat police posted:

PROSHOOT

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Extremely fail performance by the local Wingstop this evening. Flaccid, rubbery wings. Forgot my kid’s brownie. Just awful all around. Saturday vibes in the trash.

Ruby Gloom
May 8, 2004

i showed u my trash pls respond

Literally A Person posted:

Sid is a monster.

i'm gonna put my chunkiest rings on then you're next :argh:

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Ruby Gloom posted:

i'm gonna put my chunkiest rings on then you're next :argh:

Sid is a nice guy.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

BATS FLY AT MOON posted:

Extremely fail performance by the local Wingstop this evening. Flaccid, rubbery wings. Forgot my kid’s brownie. Just awful all around. Saturday vibes in the trash.

:sad:
one of my favorite memories of the drug factory was me and my buddy TJ getting 50 wings from Wingstop and devouring them in the break room like animals while everyone watched, then standing up and going, "WELP, TIME TO GET BACK INTO A CLEANROOM"

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Come 2 ur local Chili’s if u want an rear end kicking

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

stupid rear end!

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

MrQwerty posted:

:sad:
one of my favorite memories of the drug factory was me and my buddy TJ getting 50 wings from Wingstop and devouring them in the break room like animals while everyone watched, then standing up and going, "WELP, TIME TO GET BACK INTO A CLEANROOM"

It wouldn’t surprise me if this particular location closes eventually. When they first opened they were on point but then it got sold to a different franchise owner last year who clearly doesn’t give a poo poo and it’s just consistently gone downhill. They don’t even sell bottled drinks anymore.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
SID, your general tso’s in the dinner thread looks amazing

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

BATS FLY AT MOON posted:

That stinks. Hope your luck is better next order.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

BATS FLY AT MOON posted:

It wouldn’t surprise me if this particular location closes eventually. When they first opened they were on point but then it got sold to a different franchise owner last year who clearly doesn’t give a poo poo and it’s just consistently gone downhill. They don’t even sell bottled drinks anymore.

small business owners are extremely fail

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Tomorrow’s dinner will be better since I went out and got mushrooms and another bottle of wine for the beef bourguignon

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

my landlord is a "small business owner" who operates a slumlord racket out of C.D. Juarez and if it weren't for the stacks of receipts we've written and the time they "lost" our rent because of insisting on cash, we could tell him we owe $700 instead of $775 and be good because he literally doesn't know what we pay.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

The landlords in my city realized that they can get more money by kicking their tenants out and turning their houses into unlicensed sober living homes where they get to stuff 14 residents into a house and collect $60-90k in annual medicaid payments for each tenant.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

I live next door to one and the police show up there like 6 times a month. Last month I was smoking a bowl in my back yard when a cop snuck up behind me with his gun drawn and made a shushing motion at me when I turned around, because he had to make sure that the person they were after didn't jump the wall into my yard when the 16 other police with him went into the house lmao

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Small business owners are the lifeblood of America lol. My wife’s former boss is doing 5 years in Federal currently because he skimmed his employee’s payroll taxes for years to the tune of $2 million.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

BATS FLY AT MOON posted:

Small business owners are the lifeblood of America lol. My wife’s former boss is doing 5 years in Federal currently because he skimmed his employee’s payroll taxes for years to the tune of $2 million.

lol look at the city I said my landlord is operating his small business out of

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

BATS FLY AT MOON posted:

SID, your general tso’s in the dinner thread looks amazing

it was so good im stuffed and have tons of leftovers

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

so stuffed they call him jeremy bentham

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer

Dick Fontaine posted:

so stuffed they call him jeremy bentham

I understood this reference, and admire him and his peers willing to go along with hanging around his preserved corpse at work.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Charles Bukowski posted:

I understood this reference, and admire him and his peers willing to go along with hanging around his preserved corpse at work.

dogs are an accepting lot. that’s what makes them so great to work with

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

my girlfriend wants to watch scary movies so I am acquiring the Basket Case trilogy rn

I also got Manhunter because she loves Silence of the Lambs and thinks Red Dragon is a good movie, but I made her watch Heat a while back and her jaw dropped

MrQwerty fucked around with this message at 03:14 on Oct 22, 2023

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
hello gbs chat thread participants i was involved in a kidnapping tonight more on that later

from 2016-2022 i struggled a lot with addiction, got really good at alienating people and but for the fortune of a few very patient and very kind friends and family members, very nearly became unhoused

the girl who stuck with me through it all is my kitty turned cat Boogie. Missus Booger. Bugga Shugga. she's the best baby and the biggest trooper.

so i got a new place in july. first place of my own in a long time. 700 perfect sq ft just for me and Boogie.

there were a couple of outdoor cats in the complex, cool. i put water out for them when the heat index was triple digits, but decided i'd best leave the feeding to some other suckers.

then, about the start of september, two little black kittens started hanging out with the colony.

one morning i was woken up a bit early by the landscapers, went on to work, didn't see any cats and figured they had just scattered until things quieted down. it wasn't until i got home i could see that one of the black kitties was dead! i dont know if it was an accident or not, the poor thing wasn't scraped or bloodied or smashed at all, just dead and stiff.

i don't really believe in fate or karma or any of that stuff, but i wasn't gonna let that other black kitty die. especially since the little black kitty that survived was the smaller one of the two and i had picked Boogie out of her litter because she was the runt. that was enough coincidences for me!

we started hanging out.

the game was up when i gave him a name.

his name is Rumbus. nothing to do with rum or a bus or a rhombus. Rumbus like a portmanteau of rumble and ruckus i guess? idk he looked like a Rumbus. hes probably in that 8-12 week range right now.

since he got to be so comfortable being handled, petted, picked up by the scruff, i made a vet appointment for this Monday afternoon to check his bloods and see if he is healthy enough to be adoptable. if he's ill ill, which i have no reason to believe he is, like deadly sick, i'll have him humanely put down. if he's judged to be healthy but better off going back outside with his colony, i'll have em take his balls and tip his ear and to the colony he will return.

now for the kidnapping. i put some of Boogie's wet treats in a paper bowl and using the pouch as a decoy, pulled an okey-doke on all of em. got the Rumbus boy interested in the food in the bowl while the other cats followed the pouch i was letting the drippings fall out of. threw the pouch, other cats scrammed to get it, slid the paper bowl in my door and Rumbus - the dumb idiot! - followed it right in!

so for now

him is hiding

he's staying in his own room with a new litter box, food, water and quiet right now. i'll be keeping Boogie and Rumbus fully quarantined from one another until i get an all-clear on Rumbus's health, then we get to start the long game of trading bedding and smells and slowly introducing sight exposure, etc. etc. to see how the two of them start getting along.

hopefully i have good news on Rumbus's robust health in a couple of days!

also here is a bonus video of Rumbus getting some scratches and he brought the purrs he had already been showing me outside, inside with him i am an idiot and cant embed the mp4 file

Chief McHeath fucked around with this message at 03:32 on Oct 22, 2023

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

godamn you got me good. i hope it works out with rumbus!!

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Sekhmet is also a kidnapping victim, 1 year ago on the 29th

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

good cats :hmmyes:

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
also Rumbus will be my first boy cat and i hope Boogie gives him a real rear end whipping (the cat kind not the actual hurting kind) when they get to meet each other

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

MrQwerty posted:

my girlfriend wants to watch scary movies so I am acquiring the Basket Case trilogy rn

I also got Manhunter because she loves Silence of the Lambs and thinks Red Dragon is a good movie, but I made her watch Heat a while back and her jaw dropped

My gf does too so we’re watching Haunted Mansion.

meat police
Nov 14, 2015

MrQwerty posted:

Sekhmet is also a kidnapping victim, 1 year ago on the 29th

I bet this cat also hates mondays but loves lasagna

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

meat police posted:

I bet this cat also hates mondays but loves lasagna

She hates mondays but dislikes all food except treats, her dry food, the dry food my girlfriend feeds the outside kitties and any wet food (as long as it was fed to the kitties outside first, otherwise she hates it)

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

Space Kablooey posted:

godamn you got me good. i hope it works out with rumbus!!

take care of that cat op

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

are there bad cats?