Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.

I bet no!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pomeroy
Apr 20, 2020
DC: https://twitter.com/pslnational/status/1715820365857841313?t=GRlCjmikyQCNGrUeyOe1yA&s=19

Brooklyn:
https://twitter.com/BTnewsroom/status/1715814389754847396?t=CNXsYg5H0B0rP6v-gN9Dlg&s=19

Lustful Man Hugs
Jul 18, 2010

Orbis Tertius posted:

wasn’t ice cream given special priority as a morale booster in the ww2 pacific theater? feel like I read about that recently.

I believe steak and eggs was served on the Enterprise prior to the battle of Midway.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Orbis Tertius posted:

wasn’t ice cream given special priority as a morale booster in the ww2 pacific theater? feel like I read about that recently.

they had dedicated ice cream boats

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ice_cream_barge

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

spacemang_spliff posted:

Oh poo poo, that's Cookie Puss's music

🤡🍦

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

busalover posted:

Is that cheese on the lobster?

yeah…I think so…cooked lobster by itself doesn’t really glisten in the way cheese does when it’s melting over a burger lobster

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

ty slumfrog :)
who doesn’t love a chopped cheese of the sea?

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

looks like ice cream on the lobster

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

Lpzie posted:

i heard it was two scoops.

Dairy Queen is good for you know what

Soggy Muffin
Jul 29, 2003

That’s the most American thing I’ve ever heard

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

Ardennes posted:

Steak and lobster doesn't really sound all that appetizing in reality; it is one of those things that was a big deal probably back in the 50s due to innovative, cheaper refrigeration.

As for if they are doing anything big, Israel keeps on talking up their ground invasion and the Eisenhower still is a ways off. Hezbollah had a massive bunker/tunnel network, I don't know what the USN is going to do besides bombing some random villages.

The Israel strikes in 2006 made little difference, it is just this time around the IAF obviously can't do both like they want.

:mods:

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Soggy Muffin posted:

That’s the most American thing I’ve ever heard

:yum:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

Ardennes posted:

As for if they are doing anything big, Israel keeps on talking up their ground invasion and the Eisenhower still is a ways off. Hezbollah had a massive bunker/tunnel network, I don't know what the USN is going to do besides bombing some random villages.

Probably also produce some amusing gently caress ups from crews not used to working at any kind of pace. I'm hoping they accidentally bomb Tel Aviv.

Soggy Muffin
Jul 29, 2003
Japan woulda won if they had prioritized blowing up our ice cream barges

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

how is israel going to attribute their friendly fire from air strikes, hamas or a blast of some kind?

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

https://twitter.com/spectatorindex/status/1715876451030020113

Rip Testes
Jan 29, 2004

I never forget a face, but in your case I'll be glad to make an exception.

Is this really 'BREAKING' or just another day? I really don't know.

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

The comedy option is a repeat of the Liberty incident and after the US fucks something up the IDF goes and intentionally sinks the carrier. Real awkward day for the US media!

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Morbus posted:

I support the spirit and intent of the burger ban, but considering that

1.) The US government will not be forthcoming with any such show of solidarity with the Palestinian people

and

2.) The US govt. is the critical pillar upon which the genocidal ethnostate of israel depends, and the only means by which its useless meathead inhabitants can exert any power on their surroundings,

It is maybe a bit much to burgerpurge any posting that simply highlights the latest obscene statement by the US govt re: I/P.

You have to let us balance being depressed and outraged over the plight of the Palestinians with the requisite amount of hatred and disgust for Israel and it's supporters.

The burger ban is dumb.

You cannot discuss any world event, especially goings on in the ME, without referencing the giant fat rear end in the room.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
NotABot (Tw: Reply to a potentially NSFW post)
https://twitter.com/UriBarash/status/1715327379692818495?t=OfqDqFGXikbRqacUytaWNQ&s=19

https://twitter.com/YosephHaddad/status/1715812117213741199?t=OfqDqFGXikbRqacUytaWNQ&s=19

BornAPoorBlkChild has issued a correction as of 01:07 on Oct 22, 2023

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

I can't wait to collaborate with the team that murders its own hostages

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Live view of the invasion:

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Rip Testes posted:

Is this really 'BREAKING' or just another day? I really don't know.

Israel has been raiding Jenin on a monthly basis for like a year, but apparently they also bombed a mosque tonight which is new

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

PhilippAchtel posted:

this loving gif always gets me i really am stupid

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

PhilippAchtel posted:

The burger ban is dumb.

You cannot discuss any world event, especially goings on in the ME, without referencing the giant fat rear end in the room.

Well you wouldn't want Americans to look bad due to their terrible opinions and open hatred, right?

Soggy Muffin
Jul 29, 2003

Spaced God posted:

this loving gif always gets me i really am stupid

Anyone have gif of it finally crashing, it’s really irritating

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Karach posted:

I can't wait to collaborate with the team that murders its own hostages

https://twitter.com/zainabalashqar/status/1713325463081246886?s=20

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.
you know who else hated burgers? hitler

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Sometimes they do it if some big muckitymuck is coming aboard and they are going to video it for tv, like 'Look how well we feed our fighting sailors! Steak AND lobster!'

But yeah we got that poo poo 2 times when they announced we wouldn't be going to port again for 45 days (which led to our steel beach picnic where they give you your mandated 2 beers!) and deployment being extended which you should expect cause you are always extended. ALWAYS.

Tsitsikovas
Aug 2, 2023

Tsitsikovas has issued a correction as of 19:00 on Feb 16, 2024

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

You know, I feel like you should have started with this little gambit instead of all the bombings and the massacres and the rapes and the murders. I don’t think this is really going to be all that effective now!

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

PhilippAchtel posted:

i kept watching for a minute thinking something would happen

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

Blackchamber posted:

Sometimes they do it if some big muckitymuck is coming aboard and they are going to video it for tv, like 'Look how well we feed our fighting sailors! Steak AND lobster!'

But yeah we got that poo poo 2 times when they announced we wouldn't be going to port again for 45 days (which led to our steel beach picnic where they give you your mandated 2 beers!) and deployment being extended which you should expect cause you are always extended. ALWAYS.

Admittedly, the Ford may not be seeing port for a while, it doesn't mean it will see combat, but it and its battlegroup may just sort of hang around to look menacing.

Time to get ripp'ed on 2 bud lights.

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

lol

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://x.com/nypost/status/1715874078395965772?s=20

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Lustful Man Hugs posted:

I believe steak and eggs was served on the Enterprise prior to the battle of Midway.

now thats a war happenin meal gently caress this ice cream noise

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Eve Fartlow checks in

https://twitter.com/Eve_Barlow/status/1715394508014416265

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012

We will guarantee you a generous reward. [In Jafar voice] Your eternal reward

Ardennes
May 12, 2002
Even if they had the exact coordinates, I don't know what they would do considering they are probably in a bunker about a hundred feet down and any spec ops raid would just up Hamas' kill count.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

eve at least the nazis were selling something fartlow