Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the most powerful flying bug?
This poll is closed.
🦋 15 3.71%
🦇 115 28.47%
🪰 12 2.97%
🐦 67 16.58%
dragonfly 94 23.27%
🦟 14 3.47%
🐝 87 21.53%
Total: 404 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

gradenko_2000 posted:

Private Sector Paladin would be a funny bit for a character

https://pillarsofeternity.fandom.com/wiki/Goldpact_Knights

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

gradenko_2000 posted:

Special ability: Lay on Invisible Hand

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Danann posted:

https://twitter.com/snekotron/status/1715743946385559876

Lot less shelling in Donetsk since the Adviivka battle kicked off in honest so Ukraine had to use HIMARS instead.

That swing set was no angel

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

comparisons of his real voice and his "i am a very serious military man" voice are beyond belief

His "serious military man" voice is so silly. It's like someone deliberately trying to do a funny voice as a joke.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Ukraine would never bomb an empty playground. It was probably blown off course from GPS jamming.

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020

Comrade Koba posted:

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

Danann posted:

Lot less shelling in Donetsk since the Adviivka battle kicked off in honest so Ukraine had to use HIMARS instead.

playtime's over

Enjoy
Apr 18, 2009

gradenko_2000 posted:

Pillars of Eternity has the Goldpact Knights and the Bleak Walkers, who are basically libertarians and PMCs respectively

https://pillarsofeternity.fandom.com/wiki/Goldpact_Knights

https://pillarsofeternity.fandom.com/wiki/Bleak_Walkers

efb

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

I know they just put them in to sell toys but I think this guy really dragged down the latest Star Wars

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.

OctaMurk posted:

playtime's over

:eyepop:

Brandon Proust
Jun 22, 2006

"Like many intellectuals, he was incapable of scoring a simple goal in a simple way"

Comrade Koba posted:

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

"Cóż, wygląda na to, że zostaliśmy łaskawie oszczędzeni trudu decydowania o własnym losie. Jakże uprzejme z ich strony, że przearanżowali Europę bez kłopotu naszego zdania!"

Deadly Ham Sandwich posted:

I don't see any mention of Russia invited to these talks.

They did this in the summer in Saudi Arabia, had "peace talks" without Russia. It occurred right when the counteroffensive was supposed to have reached close to the Azov Sea and cut the land bridge, and was supposed to put pressure on Russia to surrender. Obviously none of that happened.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Zelensky gonna show up and be alone in a room like Kirk Cameron's birthday party

Ardennes
May 12, 2002
Yeah, I don't know how much of a difference a couple of f-16s in 2024 is going to make in all honesty, the F-16s Ukraine is getting are all older with undertrained pilots. Maybe they can run a some attack runs for a week or two, but the numbers aren't there. If anything Ukraine badly needs Soviet-era aircraft fight now but the Russians are having a harder and harder time finding any thats how you end up with a old Mig-21 taken out, maybe a odd Mig-25 and some choppers. It is the dregs.

The F-16 is okay for limited interventions but it is less clear its sustainability for longer periods of warfare. Also, the accuracy of their bombing raids is pretty laughable, I guess the ballistic computers on them must suck.

BEAR GRYLLZ
Jul 30, 2006

I have strong erections for Israel.
Strong, pathetic erections.

Danann posted:

drat, committing war crimes was the one thing western weapons were supposed to still be good at

truly an empire in decline

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

good news for Chelsea's career
https://twitter.com/HillaryClinton/status/1715056754373898374?s=20

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008

That's a hell of a spin on your foundation advertising itself

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Ytlaya posted:

His "serious military man" voice is so silly. It's like someone deliberately trying to do a funny voice as a joke.

It's just the Lego Batman voice

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

FirstnameLastname posted:

it looked like a test pilot, it was an unreal looking maneuver and ive never seen a fighter flying solo before. afaik they do stuff here because the conditions are pretty similar to the mideast & iran

when I thought about how close it was able to get, when it also could've spotted and killed me even if i was under 15t of concrete from like a state away i got one of the most uneasy feelings in my stomach tho lol

I don't think a F-35 can do that.

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
an f35 pilot, with their lockmart metaverse enabled bowling ball helmet would be lucky to see the long side of a barn its about to purchase

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Русское Национальное Государство posted:

(Click thumbnail to open video)

(Click thumbnail to open video)
💪🏻In Kotelniki today, migrants were packed right at the exit of the mosque and sent to a military training camp

After Bastrykin's recent speech, migrants began to be attracted to participate in the SMO! All documents were seized from the they were sent to a medical examination in order to enlist in the Ministry of Defense. They were given an ultimatum: in case of refusal - loss of citizenship and deportation from the country.

As reported, such events will now become regular throughout Russia. The task is to mobilize directly those who already have a Russian passport. Storm-Z squads (stormtroopers) will be formed from them, which will fight exclusively on the front line.

In case of a riot/discontent, the families of the mobilized will also be deported from the country.
@RUSNG
(from t.me/RUSNG/7488, via tgsa)

Ardennes
May 12, 2002
I am sure official forms come with a big Z outlined in black marker and from the "Russian National State" telegram, no less.

jfc

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

Buy some freaking medicine.
gonna need a few 'intercepted phonecalls' about this before I judge :thanks:

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Luceid posted:

gonna need a few 'intercepted phonecalls' about this before I judge :thanks:

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/ZelenskyyUa/status/1715698527068705034?t=75vBsTFTnL_9UWCe7oiTbg&s=19

He put this out now?

NOW???

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Probably saw some long knives and figured he should remind everyone how much he loves nazis.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Sidney Powell pled guilty just the other day lol

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

Weka posted:

I don't think a F-35 can do that.

maybe f22? i didn't have my contacts in and stuff gets kinda fuzzy edged at a distance + it was at a weird angle but it was a big grey modern fighter jet out in eastern wa, ive never seen a plane move like that it looked almost like a kite being dragged across the sky at first

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

lol that's just the Hydra logo

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

fizzy posted:

Good news for people of the "ACAB" persuasion - Fighters from a Ukrainian special operations local defense unit got so fed up with being stopped and searched by police, that they, possibly illegally, temporarily took over a police checkpoint at gunpoint.

Irate Ukrainian Special Forces Soldiers Take Over Police Checkpoint
by Stefan Korshak | October 2, 2023, 3:34 pm | Comments (3)

Fighters from a Ukrainian special operations local defense unit got so fed up with being stopped and searched by police, that they, possibly illegally, temporarily took over a police checkpoint at gunpoint.

The Sep. 29 confrontation took place on a main road north of Kharkiv, Ukraine’s second-largest city. While Moscow’s forces fire rockets into Kharkiv regularly, Kremlin troop incursions from the Russian border some 22 kilometers distant are rare.

In a video widely shared on Ukrainian social media, two 4x4 vehicles drive up to a police checkpoint on the city’s outskirts on Friday afternoon. Men in military fatigues carrying handguns and automatic rifles exit the vehicles and order police to lie on the ground.

A police bodycam recorded voiceover hears one of the men demand to speak with the checkpoint commander, and then tells the senior police officer that his unit, 0458, should not be subjected to police inspections.

In an angry voice, the leader of the group is heard to say: “We train every day, so that you guys can stand here in peace. So that you guys can do your job, and so that [Russian] saboteur groups don’t come here. You guys should f**king help us! And not search for enemies in our unit! Do you hear me?”

All conversation is in Russian, the language most frequently used in east Ukraine. One of the interlopers drives off in a pickup.

One of the men appears to be sporting the unit patch of a group called Kraken, a previously civilian volunteer unit recruited in Kharkiv at the start of the war. The formation’s best-known victories came during Ukraine’s dramatic liberation of the Kharkiv region last September.

Currently, the Kraken group is a 100-200 man contracted special forces unit directly subordinate to the Armed Forces of Ukraine’s Main Directorate of Intelligence (HUR). While some Kraken members are dispatched to operate in other areas, the unit’s main mission in 2023 has been securing territory north and east of Kharkiv.

The unit named in the video, 0458, is associated with Kraken, and Ukrainian media overwhelmingly reported it was members of that special forces unit that had threatened to kill police at the checkpoint on Sep. 29.

Neither Kraken nor its main public spokesman have responded to Kyiv Post requests for comment or issued a public statement on the incident at the time of publishing.

A Kharkiv regional police statement on Oct. 1 did not name the unit involved, describing the assailants simply as armed men. The account they gave of the altercation said:

“On September 29, around 15:00, four SUVs drove up to one of the roadblocks on the way out of Kharkiv. Men in military uniform came out of them and threatened with firearms the whole assembled unit [at the checkpoint], which includes policemen, border guards, national guardsmen, and a representative of the military service of law and order.”

Kharkiv’s prosecutors have opened an investigation into alleged violations of the law banning threats or violence against law enforcement officers, the police statement said.

“The task of the police is to help our soldiers defend our country, to ensure respect for the legislation of Ukraine. We should not have untouchables. We urge everyone, without exception, to respect the laws of Ukraine,” the statement said.

Public reaction seemed heavily in favor of the gunmen with a small minority voicing pro-police views. Most posters on pro-Ukraine platforms, particularly those associated with raising funds to support the military, complained about unduly lengthy waits at police checkpoints that hinder persons and vehicles performing important work supporting the war effort. They also said that in any case men with combat tasks at the front shouldn’t be harassed by cops.

The Ukraine Front Lines volunteer support group in a typical comment said: “The Kraken unit's conflict with the police at the checkpoint in Kharkiv oblast …was due to the fact that the boys went to shooting training every day, and the cops constantly searched them every day, the boys got tired of it. Get these cops out of the checkpoints, deploy the military!”

The right wing and aggressively Ukrainian nationalist platform ukrain1an news reported local police had appeared to single out Kraken vehicles and fighters for extended roadside inspections, and claimed that HUR-associated operators have the lawful right to ignore police commands.

“Kraken fighters acted within the limits of their structure. I repeat that the police do not have the right to inspect the vehicles of the HUR. No one can guarantee that there is no traitor in the ranks of the police, while every fighter of the Central Intelligence Agency undergoes regular checks…Before writing about ‘permissiveness’ and ‘armed sheep’, civilians should first learn the context, and before that they should not open their mouths.”

Russian state-run media leaped on the incident and spun it as evidence of conflict between Ukraine’s security structures and “proof” the country is lawless, the television channel RT calling it “An attack on Kharkiv police.”

Since Russia’s 2022 full-scale invasion of Ukraine hundreds of armed groups only informally associated with the Ukrainian military have helped defend the country and, in some cases, have been key to defensive victories. Eighteen months later, most fighters in those groups have returned to civilian life or joined conventional military units.

Currently, Ukrainian volunteer military units that are able to trace their lineage unbroken straight back to volunteer days at the start of the war and are still operating, are rare. Where they are, strong leadership, a large contingent of fighters with pre-existing military skills, and generous funding from civilian donors have been the main factors helping units like Kraken to stay in the field.

fizzy ftw

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

ehs good

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

https://twitter.com/jacksonhinklle/status/1715847763433525721

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

the fact the octopus is glaring at europe and the combination of Merkle (of all people) getting her phone hacked and complaining to obama, always gives me a bit of a chuckle

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

FirstnameLastname posted:

maybe f22? i didn't have my contacts in and stuff gets kinda fuzzy edged at a distance + it was at a weird angle but it was a big grey modern fighter jet out in eastern wa, ive never seen a plane move like that it looked almost like a kite being dragged across the sky at first

Oh I meant spot and blow you up under 15 tons of concrete.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

lol when a palestinian fighter won a couple years ago, they didn't interview him like normal.

https://twitter.com/KhaledBeydoun/status/1403910626431442945?s=20

i wonder how dana feels about one of the best champs he's got being political.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
His stupid fake voice always cracks me up.
Unless he's just been chain smoking cigarillos every day for a while, in which case, respect.

Pomeroy
Apr 20, 2020

Comrade Koba posted:

"Ah, there you go."
"What?"
"There is now a market incentive to provide you with access to medical treatment, dependent, of course, on your ability to pay."

Pomeroy
Apr 20, 2020

Clip-On Fedora posted:

lol that's just the Hydra logo

Slava Hydra

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goon Boots
Feb 2, 2020

Comrade Koba posted:

:laffo: