Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

SG Bamboo posted:

I'm just going to quote my answer from when you last asked this question

Always my steward, thank you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i missed one of the times it was asked. every post happens for a reason

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
The Miracle Violence Connection
The British Bulldogs
The Hollywood Blonds

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins

Taffy Torpedo posted:

What are the coolest wrestling masks? The Sin Cara mask without the eyeholes was cool but I can imagine it was annoying to wrestle in.

Will accept Vader's power armour as an answer.
HAYATA is pretty mid but his entrance masks are always rad as hell.

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Taffy Torpedo posted:

What are the coolest wrestling masks? The Sin Cara mask without the eyeholes was cool but I can imagine it was annoying to wrestle in.

Will accept Vader's power armour as an answer.

Tinieblas mask is fantastic for how simple it is

Despy has my favourite skeleton mask

The Grey
Mar 2, 2004

I know a lot of the manager type characters in AEW also have behind the scenes roles. What does Prince Nana do?

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

he dances, of course

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

The Grey posted:

I know a lot of the manager type characters in AEW also have behind the scenes roles. What does Prince Nana do?

I think he just manages and most of the managers are just there as managers to my knowledge. Stoke, Nana, Sterling, Jake and Don are all just under talent contracts.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

MassRafTer posted:

I think he just manages and most of the managers are just there as managers to my knowledge. Stoke, Nana, Sterling, Jake and Don are all just under talent contracts.

Yea to my knowledge the only onscreen talent with jobs beyond PR stuff is Aubrey with Games, CD with Talent Relations, and Bryce with Travel, Alex Abrahantes/Thunder/Angelico/Serpentico with spainish commentary, Jeff Jarrett for BizDev, QT and Sanjay Dut do backstage stuff.

The Grey
Mar 2, 2004

Defenestrategy posted:

Yea to my knowledge the only onscreen talent with jobs beyond PR stuff is Aubrey with Games, CD with Talent Relations, and Bryce with Travel, Alex Abrahantes/Thunder/Angelico/Serpentico with spainish commentary, Jeff Jarrett for BizDev, QT and Sanjay Dut do backstage stuff.

I remember hearing Rebel was a makeup artists and Kawaza did something with Japanese relations.

Don't Brandon Cutler and Lucha Hype-man have some kind of other role too?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

MassRafTer posted:

Jake is part of the community outreach thing

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

The Grey posted:

I remember hearing Rebel was a makeup artists and Kawaza did something with Japanese relations.

Don't Brandon Cutler and Lucha Hype-man have some kind of other role too?

Lucha Hype man is Alex Abrahantes, Rebel did/does makeup, but I haven't counted her because we haven't seen her since a long long time it feels. Cutler has some sort of title which may or may not be "makes BTE" so I didn't count him because it might be a PR position like Uno, Tony, Cole, etc have with various AEW Podcasts/Games/Outreach

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

Defenestrategy posted:

Lucha Hype man is Alex Abrahantes, Rebel did/does makeup, but I haven't counted her because we haven't seen her since a long long time it feels. Cutler has some sort of title which may or may not be "makes BTE" so I didn't count him because it might be a PR position like Uno, Tony, Cole, etc have with various AEW Podcasts/Games/Outreach

Alex is also part of the Spanish commentary team, as well as emergency fill-in for podcasts. Note that he's not actually a wrestler for the "Spanish Announce Project" faction, however. That's Serpentico and Angelico, and I guess Luther is still there, too.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Colt's a producer for Ring Of Honor. Dustin Rhodes coaches. Billy Gunn either does or did coach.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Captain Shawn Dean and Lee Johnson are the guys who book locals and tryouts with CD

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
Was Sonjay Dutt with WWE in a backstage role at some point relatively recently or am I going crazy? Going by this thread he's apparently with AEW now?

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

greetings sweeties, let me give you a back massage. for i am a whiz!

Hedgehog Pie posted:

Was Sonjay Dutt with WWE in a backstage role at some point relatively recently or am I going crazy? Going by this thread he's apparently with AEW now?

Yes, he was a fed producer from 19-21, and joined AEW in a similar capacity the day after news of his departure broke

He's been an on-screen talent since April last year, hanging out with triple j (Jeff Jarrett and Jay Lethal) and the incredibly huge ex-basketball player Satnam Singh

He's a great slimeball, he wears a pencil behind one ear (or used to)

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

The Taxman posted:

He's a great slimeball, he wears a pencil behind one ear (or used to)

Ticonderoga Jones is still loose

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Hedgehog Pie posted:

Pretty sure he kept showing up in reports alongside “WWE ready for a big tour in India!” that never happened.

Hunter Leopardson
Dec 24, 2002

Don't be a jerk my friend
Is there/can anyone recommend somewhere to buy a decent replica Penta mask?

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I don’t know about replicas but if you dm him on instagram he’ll sell you the real deal, while calling you bro repeatedly and making sure you set the PayPal to friends and family

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

Hedgehog Pie posted:

You say this like you… don’t… watch… AEW? Ever???

WtF?!?!?

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo

History Comes Inside! posted:

I don’t know about replicas but if you dm him on instagram he’ll sell you the real deal, while calling you bro repeatedly and making sure you set the PayPal to friends and family

i love him

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Sandman McMahon posted:

You say this like you… don’t… watch… AEW? Ever???

WtF?!?!?

Looking at the ratings thread it seem like most people don't watch AEW

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

SG Bamboo posted:

Looking at the ratings thread it seem like most people don't watch AEW

Odd conclusion to pull with Dynamite's ratings being very steady and spending the summer as #1 on cable. Tony should sue you.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

MassRafTer posted:

Odd conclusion to pull with Dynamite's ratings being very steady and spending the summer as #1 on cable. Tony should sue you.

The million or so people watching is far less than the several billion not watching hth

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

So I wasn't watching any wrestling during the years that Impact and AEW had their big collaboration. I did hear about Kenny winning the Impact Championship, Christian winning it from Kenny, and something about Tony being an onscreen character in Impact. I had a friend who was into Impact at the time and was annoyed that the crossover didn't go as hard as he was hoping. Does anyone have any notes or highlights about what the whole deal was about, both as a TV product and backstage? Did the partnership just drift apart?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i didn't watch the impacts but some people said they pretty much collaborated in order to then permanently steal don callis without super hard feelings about it. he was on their creative team

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

So I wasn't watching any wrestling during the years that Impact and AEW had their big collaboration. I did hear about Kenny winning the Impact Championship, Christian winning it from Kenny, and something about Tony being an onscreen character in Impact. I had a friend who was into Impact at the time and was annoyed that the crossover didn't go as hard as he was hoping. Does anyone have any notes or highlights about what the whole deal was about, both as a TV product and backstage? Did the partnership just drift apart?

The whole deal was fairly short, but pretty good only ran for like... six months for omega, and it was pretty much Omega/Good Bros vs Challenger/Tag team and Don Callis carrying the promo work while omega wasn't on impact. I think Sami Callahan was my favorite match, moose I don't remember well beyond it being at Daily's Place and the Bucks interfere. Other things that happened included as you said Christian being World Champ and being on impact, Private Party made an appearance, and Sami Guevara was supposed to show up but stuff happened and it didn't happen.

Overall I think it helped impact, and hurt AEW to a small degree, because the main Storyline Hanger vs Omega felt like it should have naturally progressed to no one beating Omega till Hanger takes the title and that causes a downward spiral of people taking the belts off Omega, but instead we get Christian taking the title causing the spiral? and at the time Christian was still a smiley happy to be here good guy that I was hoping would get put in the back and never seen again until they figured something good out for him.

edit: I don't really remember anyone from impact doing a day at dynamite, I THINK technically they got the good bros, but the good bros where also doing NJPW at the time so it's not like Josh Alexander or some other random dude showed up to Dynamite, although I could be misremembering.

edit2: Looking back at the cage match it does have THE ONE TIME Frankie Kazarian "The Elite Hunter" actually won vs the Elite, in a six man tag.

Man they did Kaz dirty with that entire angle, no wonder dude left.

Defenestrategy fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Oct 22, 2023

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Defenestrategy posted:

Overall I think it helped impact, and hurt AEW to a small degree, because the main Storyline Hanger vs Omega felt like it should have naturally progressed to no one beating Omega till Hanger takes the title and that causes a downward spiral of people taking the belts off Omega, but instead we get Christian taking the title causing the spiral? and at the time Christian was still a smiley happy to be here good guy that I was hoping would get put in the back and never seen again until they figured something good out for him.

insane thing to say out loud

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Alaois posted:

insane thing to say out loud

I mean folks, wheres the lie? Christian was, is, and always has been an awful face and if you go through the GDT's history will vindicate me. Not saying he's a bad wrestler, he will always have good matches, but no one wants to see Christian be a vanilla baby face.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Defenestrategy posted:

I mean folks, wheres the lie? Christian was, is, and always has been an awful face and if you go through the GDT's history will vindicate me.

People being wrong in the GDTs back then doesnt make you less wrong now

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Not only should Omega have lost to Christian he should've lost the AAA belt to Andrade and the storyline was Omega, the Belt Collector, only having one belt left and going more insane and protective until Hangman puts the mad dog out of his misery.

But AAA did AAA things.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Lid posted:

Not only should Omega have lost to Christian he should've lost the AAA belt to Andrade and the storyline was Omega, the Belt Collector, only having one belt left and going more insane and protective until Hangman puts the mad dog out of his misery.

But AAA did AAA things.

This makes more sense.

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!

Defenestrategy posted:

I mean folks, wheres the lie? Christian was, is, and always has been had an awful face
Vince's blue dot request rises from the ashes like a Phoenix

NutShellBill
Dec 4, 2004
I AM SPUTNIK'S PARACHUTE ACCOUNT

Defenestrategy posted:

I mean folks, wheres the lie? Christian was, is, and always has been an awful face and if you go through the GDT's history will vindicate me. Not saying he's a bad wrestler, he will always have good matches, but no one wants to see Christian be a vanilla baby face.

Disagree. He's a perfectly serviceable face and absolutely carried WWECW for a full year in that role, and got a favourable reaction when he beat Alberto del Rio for the title... and then they cut his legs out from under him 5 days later.

It's more that he's just so much better as a heel.

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA

Defenestrategy posted:

edit2: Looking back at the cage match it does have THE ONE TIME Frankie Kazarian "The Elite Hunter" actually won vs the Elite, in a six man tag.

Man they did Kaz dirty with that entire angle, no wonder dude left.
That gimmick was second only to "oh man, I bet this face is gonna go through the Dark Order ONE BY ONE" as far as things I thought were already stale the first time they appeared on-screen

Has any gimmick specifically targeting another faction ever actually worked? Maybe if Sting had changed his name to The NWO Hunter it would have been better

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Dr. Quarex posted:

That gimmick was second only to "oh man, I bet this face is gonna go through the Dark Order ONE BY ONE" as far as things I thought were already stale the first time they appeared on-screen

Has any gimmick specifically targeting another faction ever actually worked? Maybe if Sting had changed his name to The NWO Hunter it would have been better

Hulk Hogan hunted down The Alliance to Stop Hulkamania?

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Admiral Joeslop posted:

How many Good/Popular tag teams have split up and both members had successful careers after? The first one that pops into my head is Edge and Christian, though Christian's took a bit longer I think. The Hardy's, probably? The definition of successful can be pretty nebulous in wrestling so I leave it up to the responder.

Shaking my head that B-I Cannon hasn't been mentioned in response to this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

they were both pretty popular before though, might be cheating.