Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

loquacius posted:

It's called "chaotic neutral disorder" and it's somehow more tiresome than people who play evil characters all the time

wildcard! *shits self*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

loquacius posted:

It's called "chaotic neutral disorder" and it's somehow more tiresome than people who play evil characters all the time

Just dripping with as much contempt as you possibly can while you say it

there's a much more ugly word for it: liberalism

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

skooma512 posted:

lil homie Geass

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
playing a true neutral character as if i had a globe emoji and mostly complaining about how the good are going too far

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

a seasoned DM lets those players go ahead and gives em enough rope to do the job for them

yeah sure go ahead and break off from the party surreptitiously without telling the rest of the gang about deviating from the plan. oh, you're interested in stealing your promised reward early? cool, let's do a liiiiitle sidebar here. grab your dice cause we are gonna do some rolling

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
making players eat poo poo for bad decisions is my favorite aspect of game design actually

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

smarxist posted:

making players eat poo poo for bad decisions is my favorite aspect of game design actually

it was such a breath of fresh air that i made a bunch of obviously bad decisions on purpose, like letting a hag "kiss" my eye

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

extremely glad that BG3 has a character who will kill you on the spot if you do the blatantly stupid option

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Al! posted:

it was such a breath of fresh air that i made a bunch of obviously bad decisions on purpose, like letting a hag "kiss" my eye

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

i say swears online posted:

I'm pretty sure I jacked off to this music video in 7th grade

:manning:

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

stupid prizes are my favorite kind of prizes

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Baldur's Gate 3 just likes killing you.

So they're bound to get it right at least once.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Al! posted:

I found three eyeball events, wonder how many there actually are. the hag's is so lovely but volo and I are buds now because of his icepick

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Al! posted:

It's kinda like how the board game monopoly is pretty fun if you actually play it to the bone ruleswise

the reason everyone remembers it as an interminable slog is because nobody wanted to be the bad guy who bankrupted people lol

also some games got wildly inflated by cheating bankers ruining the economy, also lovely house rules about free parking

Monopoly says a lot about life actually,

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Lostconfused posted:

Baldur's Gate 3 just likes killing you.

So they're bound to get it right at least once.

The problem is if they spend 12 hours of game time and 1 month of your actual life retrying it

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

loquacius posted:

The problem is if they spend 12 hours of game time and 1 month of your actual life retrying it

it took 6 or 7 long rests, I can't remember. we stumbled into the city at like 11pm and it was overwhelming compared to fighting steel construct soldiers over and over

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

It is actually baffling that you get rewarded for letting volo do surgery on you

I passed on it my first time because it was an obviously bad idea but the second time through I was like "free see invisibility though"

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

smarxist posted:

there's a much more ugly word for it: liberalism

Liberals are rule-obsessed apple-polishers though

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

loquacius posted:

It is actually baffling that you get rewarded for letting volo do surgery on you

I passed on it my first time because it was an obviously bad idea but the second time through I was like "free see invisibility though"

while i obviously had see invis up 24/7, i dunno how many times it actually mattered, a couple encounters where someone tries to use it i guess
edit:
oh it's useful for those assholes during all the bank vault poo poo

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

smarxist posted:

while i obviously had see invis up 24/7, i dunno how many times it actually mattered, a couple encounters where someone tries to use it i guess

I had to respec a character twice to beat the encounter where that demon in the Temple of Shar kept going invisible every turn

Once to beat the dialogue checks before it so he kills all his friends for you, and once to give someone See Invisible so I could actually do a single solitary thing to him

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Yeah also Bhaal cultists love shrouding themselves every turn. It comes up a lot!

Orb Crabmelt
Jan 16, 2011

Nyorp.
Clapping Larry

Jon Irenicus posted:

next up is maybe Cyberpunk but I just saw World of Horror 1.0 is up. anyone try it out yet?

I had a whole fuckin' post that just got eaten by the app. Short answer is that if you never played it, it's a really cool looking turn-based computer board game inspired by Junji Itou and Lovecraft. All programmed and drawn (in MS Paint) by a Czech dentist. Most of the music slaps, too. Some of the new art is meh, but most of it works really well.

If you've played it circa 2020 or 2021, there's going to be new stuff for you, but the core of the game remains mostly unchanged. New characters and old gods, etc. There's a giant hell pussy in one of the new mysteries. If you get all of the achievements, you can play as your neighbor, Kana.

If you want to see the new stuff, consider using an old save file because a lot of it is locked behind getting achievements. If you want to play fresh, you could also just make a copy of your old save instead of deleting it.

For more information, check out the horror thread in Games.

Have a cool new trailer (that is not at all representative of how the game plays, lol):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fe4gVfZ1Q2I

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

world of horror runs also tend to be p short, to the point they only just added saves in 1.0, so it's a fun sort of lunch break roguelike game

I recommend turning on the option to randomize the color scheme each run for variety

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Cuttlefush posted:

finally repasted my cpu after... 5 years? temps down from highs of 80-90+ to 40-50c. didn't think it'd make that much of a difference but lol. might actually need to use a space heater now

One of my coworkers recently cleaned their computer and they were like LOL runs a lot better now.

~_~

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

imagining if cat hair was a conducting material

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

AnimeIsTrash posted:

One of my coworkers recently cleaned their computer and they were like LOL runs a lot better now.

~_~

nah that's fake. if anything dust helps

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Cuttlefush posted:

nah that's fake. if anything dust helps

it's flavor, like the old ashes in a grill

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
CPU Fan Seasoning

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

NEVER use soap and water on your case

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

fellas if you want to clean your computer just vacuum it

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

make sure to get all the doodads on the motehrboard too

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

It can be wet if the power is off, just don't have it on when you wash it you dummies

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Just rig up a pressure washer to shoot isopropyl alcohol onto your computer, it dries itself

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Gumball Gumption posted:

It can be wet if the power is off, just don't have it on when you wash it you dummies

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywgeloPNmxk

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

i was making a cast iron joke you nerds

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

AnimeIsTrash posted:

make sure to get all the doodads on the motehrboard too

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Al! posted:

lol a new total war game came out and i haven't heard or seen anyone talking about it

I bought a cd key for it for half price cause TW is my game series, shogun 1 was the first game I ever beat and I've played them all since then.

I got 20 minutes in and wanted to refund but now I can't cause I bought a 3rd party key. When I played I was 0.1% of the player base

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

i say swears online posted:

i was making a cast iron joke you nerds

You can use most modern dish soaps on cast iron, it's the lye that used to strip the coating off

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

hmm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

hell just fill up the tub, put some dish soap in it, and then chuck your desktop in to clean it