Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

In Mypos, only the strong survive.

Simplex posted:

Mexican fans prefer homophobic slurs and throwing bottles of piss rather than booing I think.

Harsh, but fair.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

This sport is dead, see you all next time

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Arc Hammer posted:

I'm annoyed at AM for how badly they've hosed their car in the back half of the season. I can blame Lance for a lot of poo poo he deserves to suffer for but the engineers really dropped the ball as well.

otmar was right.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Toe Rag posted:

Yeah lol that’s how he won in 2021 as well.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Cimber posted:

haha, love the people chanting 'lando lando'

:lando:

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

Khablam posted:

The second round of more aggressive booing was for the much hated Greg Abbott.

True story, I once gave the finger to Greg Abbott. He looked confused and moved wheeled on.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Arc Hammer posted:

Boo-ernie Collins where are you.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I actually think the AM upgrade package is working. Stroll had a great race from a pitlane start. Prior to today he had as many points as us in the second half and he was really close to Alonso, who is clearly faster than him. They looked to have the same pace as the front runners towards the end.

I think they're gonna be pretty good for the rest of the year - I wouldn't count them out yet.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

there are 4 more races and checo leads hammy by 19 points.

lewis took 11 off him today.

Harry Lime
Feb 27, 2008

https://twitter.com/ChrisMedlandF1/status/1716222896496918546?t=pwzjtccuNo7W55E00dazow&s=19

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

Did a quick comparison of lap times from yesterdays sprints to the closing stages of today's race. Lewis was basically .1 seconds a lap slower than yesterday. Norris was .6 seconds a lap slower, and Max was .9 seconds a lap slower. Long story short is that Mercedes are dunces and cost Lewis the win with bad strategy.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

quote:

A physical floor and a plank wear inspection was carried out on car numbers 16 and 44.
The skids located in the area -825 ≥ XR ≥ - 1025 are found to be not in compliance with Article 3.5.9
e) of the 2023 Formula One Technical Regulations.

this sounds cut and dry...

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Turned on the race half way thru to see Lando leading, only to be passed by Max a lap later....

As is usually the case we needed that race to go for 2-3 laps more and we could have had a Lewis win over Max. All well.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

More racist regulations as usual :rolleyes:

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!
Ricciardo apparently ended up with a big chunk of debris stuck in his front wing, floor damage and a busted brake duct.

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Red Warrior posted:

Ricciardo apparently ended up with a big chunk of debris stuck in his front wing, floor damage and a busted brake duct.

Still set the fastest lap! :flashfap:

Get that man into a Redbull! :xd:

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
Ferrari were cheating with leclerc and still managed to go backwards

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Centusin posted:

Ferrari were cheating with leclerc and still managed to go backwards

Mama mia

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Custard Undies posted:

Still set the fastest lap! :flashfap:

Get that man into a Redbull! :xd:

Yuki set fastest lap. :japan:

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

ArmedZombie posted:

Yuki set fastest lap. :japan:

sugoi!!!!!!!!!!!

Horn
Jun 18, 2004

Penetration is the key to success
College Slice
Ham dq'd

https://twitter.com/ChrisMedlandF1/status/1716247792568369605

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
I see that Sir Lewis Hamilton (pbuh) won the Moral Lenovo United States Grand Prix this weekend, glad to see the sport is finally turning around. Also Lewis is the only driver doing selfies with the F1 Academy. The best driver.

opposable thumbs.db
Jan 7, 2008
It's hard to say that it's wrong that my life revolves around my dog when she is cuter and more interesting than me
Pillbug
Leclerc DQed as well

https://twitter.com/williamsracing/status/1716248518040473720 lol

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

the meltdowns are going to be glorious

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

maybe mercedes should have fitted the thick plank that was shown in the garage during the race

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

F1 doing everything they can to keep Checo in P2

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
I stand by my previous posts

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

ArmedZombie posted:

the meltdowns are going to be glorious

rpm gonna have a field day with the #TeamLH meltdowns

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

An American gets points at the USGP :911:

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Nick Soapdish posted:

An American gets points at the USGP :911:

rigged!

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

the fix is in

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

how does this virtually never happen, and then there's two cases in one race?

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/...oeWxWOhw0a.html

quote:

Lewis Hamilton and Charles Leclerc have both been disqualified from the United States Grand Prix. Following the race in Austin, their cars were inspected post-race and irregularities were spotted by the FIA Technical team after a plank wear inspection was carried out.

The Delegate’s Report stated that: “The skids located in the area -825 ≥ XR ≥ - 1025 are found to be not in compliance with Article 3.5.9 e) of the 2023 Formula One Technical Regulations.”

As such, both were immediately referred to the stewards.

Hamilton had finished a brilliant second, harrying the triumphant Max Verstappen all the way to the line. He had been running a new floor at this event, Mercedes bringing their last major upgrade package of the year to Austin.

Leclerc crossed the line in sixth, fractions of a second ahead of the second Mercedes of George Russell after falling back in the late stages on the less favoured one-stop strategy.

AUSTIN, TEXAS - OCTOBER 21: Second placed Lewis Hamilton of Great Britain and Mercedes talks with
Both Mercedes and Ferrari can opt to appeal the decision
Both teams sent a representative to speak to the stewards, stating that "the high wear on the skid pads was probably a result of the unique combination of the bumpy track and the Sprint race schedule that minimized the time to set up and check the car before the race."

However, the Stewards noted that "the onus is on the competitor to ensure that the car is in compliance with the regulations at all times during an event. In this particular case, the rear skid in the area defined in the Technical Delegate’s report was outside of the thresholds outlined in Article 3.5.9 e) of the FIA Formula One Technical Regulations, which includes a tolerance for wear."

The disqualification moves Norris up to second and promotes Carlos Sainz to the podium places. Sergio Perez moves to fourth and extends his lead over Hamilton in the fight for second in the drivers’ championship.

Russell jumps from seventh to fifth, Pierre Gasly to sixth and Lance Stroll to seventh. Yuki Tsunoda was eighth, with the Japanese racer also grabbing the bonus point for fastest lap on a good day for AlphaTauri.

It also means that Williams score with both cars, Alex Albon inheriting ninth place and Logan Sargeant grabbing his first F1 point with P10 on home soil.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Rinkles posted:

how does this virtually never happen, and then there's two cases in one race?
Whatever one guy who checks that poo poo had a hangover from being out partying with Russian oligarchs who were bribing him the previous night, and his substitute enforced the rules, same as FIFA administrative actions

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
Another poo poo race after all I guess

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

:patriot:

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

I see that Sir Lewis Hamilton (pbuh) won the Moral Lenovo United States Grand Prix this weekend, glad to see the sport is finally turning around. Also Lewis is the only driver doing selfies with the F1 Academy. The best driver.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

The proudest day in American history.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Haas :negative: