Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify
Purdy should go home and dip footballs into his parents’ hot tubs and practice throwing them imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JAnon
Jul 16, 2023

somewhat important news: semi-recognizable man with amusing name who broke story about Jim Schwartz owning Kyle Shanahan turns out to be gross piece of poo poo

statement from the Santa Rosa Press-Democrat posted on his former blog

Deadspin article with more context + background

SFgate article with a bit more details

JAnon fucked around with this message at 01:19 on Oct 18, 2023

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Always nice to see 49ers (and Seahawks) legend Richard Sherman dropping some wisdom

https://twitter.com/undisputed/status/1714654671988728231?s=20

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

I'm not a fan of an NFC West team but I thought of you guys when I saw this:

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

god bless america

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

The British famously did not keep the ball on the ground and Paul Revere knew it.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Mustached Demon posted:

The British famously did not keep the ball on the ground and Paul Revere knew it.

The British are running! The British are running!

- Paul Revere, DC (1776-1818)

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

I would like to give an honorary tip of the cap to Arizona Running Back James Conner. I feel like he never gets the national recognition he deserves. He's not an all-star, but he's a reliable workman. I appreciate his resolve and production.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

It's not his fault, but Conner got his shot in Pittsburgh when noted adherent to The Run Mr. Le'Veon Bell held out for a whole year, completely torpedoing his career because lol you can run your amazingly good RB into the ground and not pay him in the NFL, that's just how things are.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

A man ahead of his time.

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

Forrest on Fire posted:

The British are running! The British are running!

- Paul Revere, DC (1776-1818)

Win if by land, lose if by the air.

- Paul Revere

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

"We need to rush for 200 yards, because all offensive coordinators become stale and corrupt after 200 passing yards." - Benjamin Franklin

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
SAME

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
I am extremely mad about football

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

OLD

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
I’m not going to SOSAR today, that’s a hard way to go out that’s not all on them

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Cards look competitive but bad

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.
Seahawks with an unconvincing win. Happy about the defense two weeks in a row, but Geno had two pretty bad mental mistakes on his turnovers and never got back to form after that (beautiful) TD pass to Bobo. Credit to the Cardinals for at least forcing those turnovers but their offense doesn't have much outside of Josh Dobbs playing heroball.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

Pungry posted:

Seahawks with an unconvincing win. Happy about the defense two weeks in a row, but Geno had two pretty bad mental mistakes on his turnovers and never got back to form after that (beautiful) TD pass to Bobo. Credit to the Cardinals for at least forcing those turnovers but their offense doesn't have much outside of Josh Dobbs playing heroball.

He effectively had two interceptions. The defender just dropped it.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
JSN looked right though, that's good!

DancingMachine
Aug 12, 2004

He's a dancing machine!
Yeah Geno playing mostly ok but good for a couple horrible plays at the worst time each game. Going to have to be searching for the qb of the future sooner than later.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

rjmccall posted:

I’m not going to SOSAR today, that’s a hard way to go out that’s not all on them

That's entirely fair but on the other hand

SORRY

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Spoeank posted:

That's entirely fair but on the other hand

SORRY

rear end

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

DariusLikewise posted:

I am extremely mad about football

Fine. :mad:

RAMS

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
It's clear the Hawks have a ton of talent but they make so many dumb mistakes at the worst times. How many big plays or critical stops have been wiped out by penalties the last two weeks? Strange season.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
I wanted to join in on the SOSAR but that benefitted the Steelers, so I am forced to say it with a sigh and shake of the head rather than utter glee.

marxismftw
Apr 16, 2010

Feel like a lot of people are forgetting many of the awful and maddening games put up by the Russ/LOB hawks.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Manoueverable posted:

I wanted to join in on the SOSAR but that benefitted the Steelers, so I am forced to say it with a sigh and shake of the head rather than utter glee.

A true Seahawks fan right there.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

shirts and skins posted:

It's clear the Hawks have a ton of talent but they make so many dumb mistakes at the worst times. How many big plays or critical stops have been wiped out by penalties the last two weeks? Strange season.

I’m not sure they are all that talented.

Who is elite AND young-ish?

Lockett is incredible but he’s getting to an age when wrs drop off. Wagner is definitely showing his age. Adams can’t stay healthy.

So that leaves basically what? DK, K9, and hopefully Riq, Devon, and Charles Cross. Throw in Lucas and Bradford if you want to be optimistic. Who else seems like they could be an actual plus-plus contributor?

They need to somehow get a talented enough roster, in one offseason, to win it all with Geno in 2024. Or they need to try and get a franchise QB… which will be tough when they end up with a draft pick in the high teens or low twenties.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I have a bad feeling about tonight's game.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Trent and Deebo are out so… yeaaah

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Same, I’ve had low level dread about it this whole week

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Same but every game.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
Y'all, come on, it's the Vikings.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Manoueverable posted:

Exactly.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Manoueverable posted:

Exactly. It's a classic chaos trap game.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
I'm not worried about this game, I'm worried about next week

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I'm worried about last week. Seems a trap game. The Browns. Coming off a bye. East coast 10am start. The refs are probably gonna screw us, too. And Moody is untested and seems to miss whenever he gets iced.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Waltzing Along posted:

I'm worried about last week. Seems a trap game. The Browns. Coming off a bye. East coast 10am start. The refs are probably gonna screw us, too. And Moody is untested and seems to miss whenever he gets iced.

Oh come now, that'd never happen!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
It is 100% time to sign Gould