Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

Punch McLightning posted:

they just hired his buddy ace "toothsome" steel

"Very Gnawty" Ace Steel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super Dan
Jan 26, 2006

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

it is TNA's destiny to be a poo poo show

It's TNA's destiny to constantly be doing whatever WWE was doing 10-15 years earlier.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Elephant Ambush posted:

IDK why people keep making stupid jokes about Punk going to TNA. They can't afford him and he won't lower himself to work for such a small company anyway

It's his only remaining option to be a professional wrestler without going deep into the indies.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Bad Video Games posted:

It's his only remaining option to be a professional wrestler without going deep into the indies.

But Billy Corrigan is bringing back the territory system to restore viable old time wrestling.

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

Punk was fired just a bit too late to Control His Narrative, alas

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Bad Video Games posted:

I have nothing to back this up but I'm pretty sure he has enough money that he's set for life. He didn't wrestle for 7 years and he didn't come back because he needed the paycheck

He'd only go to TNA to try to be a "locker room leader" as he fancies himself and after what he did in AEW I don't think any company wants him anymore because he's too big of a risk and almost all the talent everywhere wouldn't want to work with him anyway

He's proven that he's not worth any amount of ticket and merch sales

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Elephant Ambush posted:

I have nothing to back this up but I'm pretty sure he has enough money that he's set for life. He didn't wrestle for 7 years and he didn't come back because he needed the paycheck

He lost a fair bit of money during the lawsuit with WWE's doctor, and for whatever reason he decided to buy like a $4 million pad out in L.A., so he probably does actually need the money as his TV show got cancelled and straight-to-streaming acting gigs probably don't pay all that well

quote:

He'd only go to TNA to try to be a "locker room leader" as he fancies himself and after what he did in AEW I don't think any company wants him anymore because he's too big of a risk and almost all the talent everywhere wouldn't want to work with him anyway

TNA management made him a contract offer, and also straight up said he would be welcomed there with open arms, and also I refer you again to my post about his backstage visit there several months ago, where he got a warm welcome and even sat around playing cards with some of the workers there

quote:

He's proven that he's not worth any amount of ticket and merch sales

This is TNA we're talking about here

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
lol i forgot cm punk was in that bad netflix horror movie

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Sydney Bottocks posted:

He lost a fair bit of money during the lawsuit with WWE's doctor, and for whatever reason he decided to buy like a $4 million pad out in L.A., so he probably does actually need the money as his TV show got cancelled and straight-to-streaming acting gigs probably don't pay all that well

This also led to one of the funnier things to come out of Punk's final months with the company.

On Being the Elite, the Young Bucks' silly YouTube show, there was a gag years ago where they were going to sign a lucrative contract with Chili's and become their spokesmen, only for Matt Jackson to gently caress up for whatever reason and the contract went to the Dark Order. Years later, Matt claimed he was going to do it right and was talking up how much money they were going to make with everyone excessively overspending thinking it was a done deal. Then Matt couldn't land a deal with Chili's or any other company and had to break it to everyone that they were now millions in debt. This was lining up with them being in contract negotiations with AEW and was their own silly kayfabe reason for having no choice but to re-sign with the company.

Anyway, Punk had his lawyers accuse them of doing the whole bit as a way to make fun of him for his real estate issues. Punk, the guy who outright talked poo poo about the Bucks upon his return when he was specifically told not to.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
cm punk has turned into hulk hogan

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

remember when tna briefly became gcw because they merged with jeff jarrett's promotion?

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Gavok posted:

This also led to one of the funnier things to come out of Punk's final months with the company.

On Being the Elite, the Young Bucks' silly YouTube show, there was a gag years ago where they were going to sign a lucrative contract with Chili's and become their spokesmen, only for Matt Jackson to gently caress up for whatever reason and the contract went to the Dark Order. Years later, Matt claimed he was going to do it right and was talking up how much money they were going to make with everyone excessively overspending thinking it was a done deal. Then Matt couldn't land a deal with Chili's or any other company and had to break it to everyone that they were now millions in debt. This was lining up with them being in contract negotiations with AEW and was their own silly kayfabe reason for having no choice but to re-sign with the company.

Anyway, Punk had his lawyers accuse them of doing the whole bit as a way to make fun of him for his real estate issues. Punk, the guy who outright talked poo poo about the Bucks upon his return when he was specifically told not to.

Like so many aging punks, Phil Brooks has become the thing he always railed against.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

lmao it's funny because it's true

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
they even gave him his own fake belt to fake defend

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

The best thing about Punk is he's straight edge so he can't even blame booze and drugs for being a paranoid aggressive weirdo who burns every bridge. That's just who he is.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

AlmightyBob posted:

remember when tna briefly became gcw because they merged with jeff jarrett's promotion?

GFW and they put stickers over their existing belts!

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

AlmightyBob posted:

which is even funnier when you remember jeff jarret founded TNA

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
triple jay

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Kevin Nash is still the #1 all-timer in terms of getting paid ridiculous sums of money wherever he's worked, but Jeff Jarrett is definitely a close #2 in that regard :patriot:

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

This is why I hope he signs with TNA. Hogan showed up at a time when TNA was overall pretty solid, made it about himself, and hurt the product.

It's like poetry. It rhymes.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Gavok posted:

This is why I hope he signs with TNA. Hogan showed up at a time when TNA was overall pretty solid, made it about himself, and hurt the product.

It's the funniest outcome, so I hope that's what happens too :)

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Gavok posted:

Surely this can't happen again!

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

I hope Punk ends up in either WWE or the NWA since I don't care about either of those promotions and I feel like he'd have the most drama there.

In NWA he'd be treated as a god and given everything he'd ever want while nobody in the world would care.

In WWE he'd just be another cog in the machine, he'd be shown to be a massive hypocrite, and he'd probably get into a fight with Seth Rollins for the title of "most passive aggressive middle aged man".

Mr Luxury Yacht
Apr 16, 2012

Now that Edge and Christian Cage are both in AEW I wonder if Tony Khan can be convinced to bring Gangrel back for more than a couple token appearances to go peak stupid 90s and reunite The Brood.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

A Fancy Hat posted:

I hope Punk ends up in either WWE or the NWA since I don't care about either of those promotions and I feel like he'd have the most drama there.

In NWA he'd be treated as a god and given everything he'd ever want while nobody in the world would care.

In WWE he'd just be another cog in the machine, he'd be shown to be a massive hypocrite, and he'd probably get into a fight with Seth Rollins for the title of "most passive aggressive middle aged man".

Punk needs money, so NWA's out :v:

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Does Punk have heat with Billy? I thought Billy burned a lot of bridges with Chicago wrestling talent after Resistance Pro but maybe Punk didn't fall into that category.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

flashy_mcflash posted:

Does Punk have heat with Billy? I thought Billy burned a lot of bridges with Chicago wrestling talent after Resistance Pro but maybe Punk didn't fall into that category.

No idea, my guess is if he didn't somehow wind up in Corgan's NWA, it'd be more to do with (their lack of) money than anything else.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Surely this can't happen again!

wrestling is a circle what happened once will happen again

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Gonna crowdsource a few bucks, get Punk, and restart Florida Championship Wrestling.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
Welp

https://twitter.com/WrestlePurists/status/1716494197933375597?t=tA4YBSsNwxK7kAvCPsrT7g&s=19

Paul Revere 3000
Dec 8, 2007

So like a pimp I'm pimpin'
I got a boat to eat shrimp in
Nothing wrong with my leg
I'm just B-boy limpin'

lmao I completely forgot that AEW gave him his own world championship belt so he could wear it and feel like a big special fancy boy :3:

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

:dudsmile:

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Paul Revere 3000 posted:

lmao I completely forgot that AEW gave him his own world championship belt so he could wear it and feel like a big special fancy boy :3:

they gave him his own show where he could ban people he didnt like from attending lol

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Punk is in the Impact Zone? This could be a game changer...maybe they'll even pick up a sweet new sponsor like *checks list* uh, Direct Auto. The insurance company for "extreme" drivers.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
my man went from being on prime time tv to working for the promotion that used to be on the tv guide channel lol

Foxfire_
Nov 8, 2010

That is not a flattering belt+tighty whities combination

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Foxfire_ posted:

That is not a flattering belt+tighty whities combination

don't tell that to him unless you want a black eye

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
cm punk has never won a fight you have a chance

3 A.M. Radio
Nov 5, 2003

Workin' too hard can give me
A heart attACK-ACK-ACK-ACK-ACK-ACK!
You oughtta' know by now...
Did Punk ever work for Impact when it was TNA? Also, I hear it's going back to being called TNA next year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MD2020
May 30, 2003

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Mr Luxury Yacht posted:

Now that Edge and Christian Cage are both in AEW I wonder if Tony Khan can be convinced to bring Gangrel back for more than a couple token appearances to go peak stupid 90s and reunite The Brood.

Only if Bob Holly brings his scale.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKc7M7QQKSs