Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Ardennes posted:

Let's be honest, ISIS was a creation by the US from the beginning, they needed a way to pressure Syria, and there was never a serious attempt to contain it until the SAA and Iraqi forces/militia conducted a coordinated push from both sides.

There were al-Nursa/ISIS bases literally next to the Golan heights for a large part of the war. ISIS-K is still in Afganistan and elements of them are fighting in Mali and Niger.

Trump was right lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
It tickles me that they know nobody in the west remembers what Al Qaeda's flag/text looks like so they had to settle for basically writing out THE BAD GUYS in english

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011

Atrocious Joe posted:

From the Resistance News Network telegram. Not linking because of photos of injured children.

Palestinians on twitter are mentioning that the number martyred could be at least double as a lot of people under the rubble and they do not have the fuel to operate bulldozers/equipment/excavators to recover them. Horrific and disgusting poo poo

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

I can't loving stand this bullshit

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

Owlbear Camus posted:

I'll eat my probe if this is too burger brained consoomer headed but I want a pin or morale patch or something to pop on my bag to wear on campus and show support and maybe provoke shouting matches with idiots.

Briefly entertained rocking a keffiyeh bit that seemed appropriative and tone-deaf.

anyway is there someplace I can get a pin or whatever flair that will go to humanitarian relief?

just get a keffiyeh my dude, i can promise you no palestinian is going to cancel you for cultural appropriation.

it’s instantly recognizable and is 100% guaranteed to piss of zionists, if that’s what you’re after.

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

Sancho Banana posted:

Yeah, the "intentionality" argument is really rotten. I'm reminded of the distinction Matthew Restall made between "genocidal in intent" and "genocidal in effect" -

From When Montezuma met Cortes.

Talk about a distinction without a difference.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Some Guy TT posted:

i thought the purpose of that scene was less to show that americans are decadent and more to show that we basically live in a paradise but choose to dedicate our energy to doing stupid evil poo poo for no reason instead

Reminded of the stories about Soviet troops entering Eastern Prussia and being infuriated that people who had so much still needed their poo poo too

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

PhilippAchtel posted:

I don't want to poo poo on the rallies and marches, but we know very well that they will be ignored just like they were in 2003 and in 2011 and in 2020.

When are we going to learn this lesson and start to organize means of real leverage?

Keep organizing in your community and workplace with the help of your communist party. The material conditions will bring them to you. There isn't a magic switch we can flip to organize massive militant unions overnight. "General strike!" utopianism feels good but it's not going to happen without commies doing real work prior, and not while western worker unions still support imperialism, either. Gotta race eco fascism tho.

Mr SuperAwesome
Apr 6, 2011

im from the bad post police, and i'm afraid i have bad news

Horseshoe theory posted:

That's because they're a literal CIA OP party (like virtually all Green parties).

got any source/reading material on this? google is not showing anything up

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

sorry the rules say israel must be destroyed

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Comrade Koba posted:

just get a keffiyeh my dude, i can promise you no palestinian is going to cancel you for cultural appropriation.

it’s instantly recognizable and is 100% guaranteed to piss of zionists, if that’s what you’re after.

second part of the question stands then: where can I do so where some of the scratch goes to relief or making a difference vs the bezos money pile?

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Owlbear Camus posted:

second part of the question stands then: where can I do so where some of the scratch goes to relief or making a difference vs the bezos money pile?

Hirbawi

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

oh come ON rofl

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

For I was hungry and you denied me food
For I was thirsty and you cut off my water
For I was sick and okay seriously what the gently caress

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

Atrocious Joe posted:

https://twitter.com/CENTCOM/status/1716216584551932214

US continues to try to intimidate the resistance forces in the region

Never mind my posts denigrating the might of the US military. Truly no one can match our ability to adopt a strong posture. Other countries look at just how much we've strengthened our posture and they weep. The empire will last a thousand years.

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
Here is a new video of them bombing near Al-Quds

https://twitter.com/PalestineRCS/status/1716224980491374908

MLK Ultra
Mar 9, 2021

omg

Malleum
Aug 16, 2014

Am I the one at fault? What about me is wrong?
Buglord

Owlbear Camus posted:

https://hirbawiusa.com/blogs/hirbawi-stories/but-im-not-palestinian

i have one of the classic black and white hirbawi kufiya, its very comfortable and everyone knows immediately what it means when you wear it. i wanted to go get their gaza one for everyday wear that isnt as iconic but it seems that literally everything they have is out of stock at the moment

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020

Scarabrae posted:

what the gently caress does Israel even sell for me to boycott? Dreidels and Uzi’s?

costco and aldi brand omeprazole

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Scarabrae posted:

what the gently caress does Israel even sell for me to boycott? Dreidels and Uzi’s?

https://twitter.com/BDSmovement/status/1714740028721508837

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.

Joementum posted:

well the crusader kingdom had better leadership

also didn't have the climate clock ticking

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

Scarabrae posted:

just buy everything from china

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

PhilippAchtel posted:

I don't want to poo poo on the rallies and marches, but we know very well that they will be ignored just like they were in 2003 and in 2011 and in 2020.

When are we going to learn this lesson and start to organize means of real leverage?

I don't want to give it too much weight, but Israel has leaned hard on the perception of approval for their ongoing atrocities. If American politicians view supporting Israel as career suicide, they'll stop.

Eroding that perception is within reach for most people.

And that's why executives are scouring employees' social media. It's why nobody is talking about this on Facebook.

Israel is on the wrong side of history, and the boat will eventually turn to that reality. Protests are good. Posting is good. Every little nudge towards truth is a positive, but it's a slow loving roll.

Protesting isn't going to help much short term. But Israel doesn't have the same death grip on the narrative that it did last week, and we're finally seeing discourse in socials.

Nobody believes Hamas rocket debris blew up that hospital, which would have been crackpot conspiracy territory in 2020.

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

PhilippAchtel posted:

figure out who organizes your local rallies and try to talk to them and keep up with what they're doing because they probably have other things they're trying to do that you can get involved in. In my area the palestine rallies have been a collaboration between PSL and a local pro-palestine group and they're planning a protest at some kind of zionist business conference in a few months, which is something you could theoretically cause material loss to the state of israel with by loving it up with ten thousand people

Turdfuzz JR
Apr 25, 2018

docbeard posted:

calm down you blood thirsty maniac

Noise Complaint
Sep 27, 2004

Who could be scared of a Jeffrey?

Owlbear Camus posted:

I'll eat my probe if this is too burger brained consoomer headed but I want a pin or morale patch or something to pop on my bag to wear on campus and show support and maybe provoke shouting matches with idiots.

Briefly entertained rocking a keffiyeh bit that seemed appropriative and tone-deaf.

anyway is there someplace I can get a pin or whatever flair that will go to humanitarian relief?

Get a keffiyeh, I was able to get one from kufiya.org a few years ago and have had nothing but positive comments on it, I'm sure they're not able to ship them now but there's definitely Palestinian-American makers.

I've only ever had people comment on it recognizing it as a show of support including some Palestinian-Americans.

Just learn how to tie it properly.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

Scarabrae posted:

Lots of metal manufacturing cutters and drills are Israeli made. Their drills are loving garbage though and now there are pretty big delays for purchasing, so I've been subtly trying to get us to stop buying their poo poo at work that way.

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !

Death By The Blues posted:

I knew it was talked about before but this newest "justification" is just so loving stupid

https://twitter.com/SkyNews/status/1716176823862587814

"We found plans" talk again, so I will shamelessly repost this.

https://i.imgur.com/gvZLsuF.mp4

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
https://twitter.com/azadessa/status/1714337005180473654

Turdfuzz JR
Apr 25, 2018

wow
cool racism

MinutePirateBug
Mar 4, 2013

Scarabrae posted:

The spyware that indicates you are a dissident and should be put on a proscription list, well not directly boycott, but I'm sure the people monitoring us would have less business for the mic in israel if we were less online

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pegasus_(spyware)

MinutePirateBug has issued a correction as of 01:37 on Oct 23, 2023

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Nascardad posted:

At lot of Mizrahim vote against their own interests considering these things https://www.richardsilverstein.com/...th-experiments/
https://www.edut-amram.org/en/
I posted some links earlier in the thread about Mizrahim .We have a lot of cool people too. :(

Christ on the Cross! Demon cracker entity!

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
The dumbest coalition of the willing

https://twitter.com/ralakbar/status/1716234404547219858

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

They hated Futanari because His posts were shit.

Owlbear Camus posted:

Until recently there was a deeply unwell goon who's name I've forgotten- very bad poster- who made buttons and pins and such. If they're still in business, they're probably making the exact thing you're looking for right now!

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

a reading from the gospel of burger

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

Oh god my peace is so loving durable right now

dads friend steve
Dec 24, 2004

docbeard posted:

that’s New Testament fam

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

They hated Futanari because His posts were shit.

KomradeX posted:

I can't loving stand this bullshit

Well you are alone, all the rest of us are fully convinced that these are very real feelings and concerns being raised in good faith that should be respected

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

gently caress this poo poo dude