Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Troubling. Will look into

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Danny LaFever posted:

Campbell presser was amusing. He seems pretty chill about this one. "eh we didn't have it. poo poo happens."

This is where I'm at, having not actually watched the game (took the kid out for the afternoon). Ravens posters in this sub have been running a years-long psy-op to convince people that their team is garbage, when they've made the playoffs four of the last five years. They're a good team, and good teams lose to other good teams all the time. Feels like a karmic rebalance for getting the Chiefs down a key starter on both sides of the ball.

This however sucks rear end when you're trying to project an aura of being the most physical smash-mouth team in the league. Hopefully he didn't hurt anything on that.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Hang the "went 11-of-17 for 133 yards in the second half against the worst defense in the league before he threw a game losing interception" banner.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/kfishbain/status/1716248226540523860

Please do not look at the yards per completion.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Bedard and Bagent, what an era of Chicago greatness

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
Imagine losing to the Raiders off of a mini bye with an extra day, then losing to the Broncos off a regular bye and somehow still being employed

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Pops Mgee posted:

Imagine losing to the Raiders off of a mini bye with an extra day, then losing to the Broncos off a regular bye and somehow still being employed

Yup.

loving dire.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Pops Mgee posted:

It's not even something unique to this year, going back to 2019 the LaFleur teams have frequently looked terrible coming off rest. Losses to the 49ers after a bye, losses to the 49ers in the playoffs off byes, losses to the Buccaneers coming off a regular season bye and rest, Week 1 losses vs the Saints and Vikings where the team just looked lifeless...

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
imagine losing to the raiders couldn't be my favorite team.

They put up like 30 on them dudes.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Dexo posted:

imagine losing to the raiders couldn't be my favorite team.

Hahaha....yeah, imagine....

It'd be pretty bad if that happens to your favorite team! :shepface:

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Honestly if we lose a home game to the raiders then I will immediately begin making GBS threads my pants

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

Honestly if we lose a home game to the raiders then I will immediately begin making GBS threads my pants

:toxx:

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
*steps up to podium, taps mic, and leans forward*

The Green Bay Packers hereby enter the Caleb Williams sweepstakes.

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

surf rock posted:

:sickos:

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

It’s going to be very funny if he turns out to be another Bryce young instead of a CJ Stroud, and your veteran QB is Jordan love lol

unl33t
Feb 21, 2004

The Packers next game is at home against the Vikings who are on a short week coming off of playing the 49ers. I think they'll be fine.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

surf rock posted:

The (probably false) rumors is he wants to be part owner of the team that drafts him. It checks out!

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

surf rock posted:

This is where Green Bay's weak schedule actually helps here, they have it as a tiebreaker against every single other team in the top 10 right now, Chicago aside: https://www.tankathon.com/nfl

In either case the team is going to start Love for 11 more games so we'll at least have a reasonable guess on what he really is by the end of the season.

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself
Bench Love, sign literally anyone

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

unl33t posted:

The Packers next game is at home against the Vikings who are on a short week coming off of playing the 49ers. I think they'll be fine.

Nah. The Vikings are better than the Broncos and Raiders.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
https://twitter.com/itzzSKL/status/1716224411382993374?s=20

Sean Clifford trash talking someone is extremely bizarre.

Dude, you’re Sean Clifford.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Grand Theft Autobot posted:

Bench Love, sign literally anyone

... why? This would be one of the worst decisions they can make right now. This team isn't making the playoffs, you have to see if Love is the guy or not. Maybe these 6 games are just growing pains, you don't and won't really know until the end of the season. I'm leaning fairly strongly towards "not the guy" but this isn't a Jets situation.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Dexo posted:

https://twitter.com/kfishbain/status/1716248226540523860

Please do not look at the yards per completion.

https://twitter.com/dave_bfr/status/1716231485437456664?t=CE6ML8XgttwZXCwUWB65AQ&s=19

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.

SKULL.GIF posted:

... why? This would be one of the worst decisions they can make right now. This team isn't making the playoffs, you have to see if Love is the guy or not. Maybe these 6 games are just growing pains, you don't and won't really know until the end of the season. I'm leaning fairly strongly towards "not the guy" but this isn't a Jets situation.

counterpoint: we gotta see what we've got in Sean "Big Red Dawg" Clifford

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

SKULL.GIF posted:

He's not

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

If he's not then stick with him for 11 more weeks and be really absolutely 100% sure he's not, because if that's the case, then he's guiding us towards getting a QB in the top 10. That's a far better outcome than benching him for some dehydrated veteran QB and sailing to a 6-9-1 record and not being able to draft anyone while also not really knowing if Love's the real deal or not.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam
Rodgers went 6-10 his first year starting. Give the kid this season and next to see if he has a bounce back like Rodgers did. Benching him now would be pointless.

If he gets injured and Sean lights it up, then go hog wild and hope for a Purdy scenario, but they picked this dude and extended him, they at least have to give him a season to play out when there's zero expectations.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

yeah, there is no reason not to start Love the rest of the year,

If he continues to play poorly then you get an answer, or he figures it out and you have some maybe false hope to look forward to.

Like unless you think your backup is like an actual prospect(it's almost like the Packers should have sat Rodgers and started Love for the back half of last year) you start your QB who is inexperienced as poo poo in actual real live games.

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg posted:

Rodgers went 6-10 his first year starting. Give the kid this season and next to see if he has a bounce back like Rodgers did. Benching him now would be pointless.

If he gets injured and Sean lights it up, then go hog wild and hope for a Purdy scenario, but they picked this dude and extended him, they at least have to give him a season to play out when there's zero expectations.

Rodgers wasn't outright dogshit that year though. Love ain't winning 6 games.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I look forward to the top 10 pick then.

There is no veteran QB available on the market who will take this non-playoff team to the playoffs. If there were, the Jets would've already snapped them up.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Then why try to win more by bringing in a veteran? This isn't a year that the team is expected to compete.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Like I could see the argument for getting a veteran QB if you're focused on getting the receivers and Musgrave to develop and you don't think Love will be good enough to offer them enough of an opportunity to do that, but I don't think that's quite the problem with the offense right now.

If anything Love is giving them TOO many chances to prove themselves with all these jump balls and (underthrown) deep balls.

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

Nah I mean just go fishing for dudes bagging groceries Kurt Warner style

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

I would simply go to a D2 school to find your franchise savior.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtqkniUqetw

Get Paid JJ

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

It’s going to be very funny if he turns out to be another Bryce young instead of a CJ Stroud, and your veteran QB is Jordan love lol

?? Bryce Young hasn't looked bad considering his situation? He's improving too

Do people actually watch football or just recite bullshit from some fantasy newsletter

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Lions have 45% of the division's wins.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Good Will Hrunting posted:

?? Bryce Young hasn't looked bad considering his situation? He's improving too

Do people actually watch football or just recite bullshit from some fantasy newsletter

lol lil man can hardly see over his own linebackers to make a throw

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

lol lil man can hardly see over his own linebackers to make a throw

If his linebackers are on the field when he’s trying to throw Carolina has bigger problems than I thought.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

Rodgers got to throw to Greg Jennings, Donald Driver, James Jones, and Jordy Nelson that year. All of Love's receivers are in year one or two.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

The last Bears QB to win his first career start was Craig Krenzel.