Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
Israel is saying that america is asking israel to not launch their ground invasion until america sends its forces to the middle east.

https://twitter.com/alarabytv/status/1716313939745604074?s=46&t=kY7HKwmb1RBg9U186lxtbg

its official, america is at war with arabs and islam.

Osama bin Laden and ISIS's wildest dreams have come true.

and Ayatollah Khomeini was right all along.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

cursed post history

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

Gaza will triumph and be free.

Don’t be defeatist

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

crepeface posted:

there's also harry potter

I listed functional illiteracy

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

Al-Saqr posted:

Israel is saying that america is asking israel to not launch their ground invasion until america sends its forces to the middle east.

https://twitter.com/alarabytv/status/1716313939745604074?s=46&t=kY7HKwmb1RBg9U186lxtbg

sounds like israel already lost

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

Al-Saqr posted:

Isn't it going to take 2 months or something? Is Israel going to keep everyone deployed and evacuated during that time?

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

PawParole posted:

Gaza will triumph and be free.

Don’t be defeatist

whos being defeatest? Israel will be destroyed, Hamas will win and Palestine will be free from tve river to the sea

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

Al-Saqr posted:

Lmao 9/11 was the most successful attack of all time because it directly led to the downfall of the United States. A real gavrillo princip moment

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

RadiRoot posted:

sounds like israel already lost

yep. america wouldnt be doing any of this if unless they knew Israel was well and truly hosed

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Between America and Israel I wonder who is best at shooting their own allies

ProfessorBooty
Jan 25, 2004

Amulet of the Dark
edit: dti

ProfessorBooty has issued a correction as of 06:15 on Oct 23, 2023

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Between America and Israel I wonder who is best at shooting their own allies

we're inclined to find out, that's for sure

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Holy poo poo lol, incredible

They shot the actual hardware? Amazing

Was this ever translated?

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

ProfessorBooty posted:

I said this before, but they live in the same reality as us.

It was mentioned in the WW3 thing but here's the thing: maybe this system can't be demolished. Maybe it can only be diminished.

I had some experience and it made me have the worst existential crisis of my life: the life of doomscrolling.

I had the experience that I had no control over anything, I could only see things that happened microseconds before I observed them. I had no free will.

It's okay to say, 'I need a break from you', to people you love, but you keep getting in these stupid debates with.

It's okay to say, 'I'm sorry, but I don't want to talk to you', to racist cranks you meet on the streets.

Just chill out with the people you love. I know this is privilege talking at some measure, but you can have a dinner with your family friends. You can go to your friend's place to share youtube videos.

I understand the feeling of empathy. I hate that people are dying. I think about it and I cry.

But if you feel fear.... That's being selfish. It's okay to be selfish, feeling that you will undergo pain, trauma, experience death around you, that's loving rational dude.

But you can recognize it and observe it. You are fearful because you fear your own wellbeing, how you will experience your future.

I guess if you feel that, maybe it's time to call your best friend, and tell them your fear, and as that they don't invalidate it, that they just listen, and maybe go to their place, and if you can get intoxicated and watch videos and play video games.

Once you become comfortable in your own body, in your own self, you can start having a friendly conversation with your checker at target. You can decide to take your dog to the dog park every day, just to talk with new, random people. Maybe these people will be cool enough you can exchange numbers or emails.

Maybe the rot is social in nature? We already know the fate of this country :) let's be people. You don't have to talk to people who are uniformed, just talk to people who are cool.

(not edit: sorry)

why did you write all of this when you couldve simply screamed "Death to Israel" from the rooftops and go protest, you wouldve done more good in the world.

ProfessorBooty
Jan 25, 2004

Amulet of the Dark

Al-Saqr posted:

why did you write all of this when you couldve simply screamed "Death to Israel" from the rooftops and go protest, you wouldve done more good in the world.

Al-Saqr. I love you.

I do this, because I live in Boise loving Idaho, and nobody gives a gently caress. I could do whatever in my yard, and the worst people will do is roll their eyes.

I can march downtown and people think I am a pedestrian.

We are comfortable in our rot.

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

ProfessorBooty posted:

I said this before, but they live in the same reality as us.

It was mentioned in the WW3 thing but here's the thing: maybe this system can't be demolished. Maybe it can only be diminished.

I had some experience and it made me have the worst existential crisis of my life: the life of doomscrolling.

I had the experience that I had no control over anything, I could only see things that happened microseconds before I observed them. I had no free will.

It's okay to say, 'I need a break from you', to people you love, but you keep getting in these stupid debates with.

It's okay to say, 'I'm sorry, but I don't want to talk to you', to racist cranks you meet on the streets.

Just chill out with the people you love. I know this is privilege talking at some measure, but you can have a dinner with your family friends. You can go to your friend's place to share youtube videos.

I understand the feeling of empathy. I hate that people are dying. I think about it and I cry.

But if you feel fear.... That's being selfish. It's okay to be selfish, feeling that you will undergo pain, trauma, experience death around you, that's loving rational dude.

But you can recognize it and observe it. You are fearful because you fear your own wellbeing, how you will experience your future.

I guess if you feel that, maybe it's time to call your best friend, and tell them your fear, and as that they don't invalidate it, that they just listen, and maybe go to their place, and if you can get intoxicated and watch videos and play video games.

Once you become comfortable in your own body, in your own self, you can start having a friendly conversation with your checker at target. You can decide to take your dog to the dog park every day, just to talk with new, random people. Maybe these people will be cool enough you can exchange numbers or emails.

Maybe the rot is social in nature? We already know the fate of this country :) let's be people. You don't have to talk to people who are uniformed, just talk to people who are cool.

(not edit: sorry)

Mr Sessler, logoff.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

sometimes a cigar is a penis you're sucking on

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

ProfessorBooty posted:

Al-Saqr. I love you.

I do this, because I live in Boise loving Idaho, and nobody gives a gently caress. I could do whatever in my yard, and the worst people will do is roll their eyes.

shut the gently caress up

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
The radical left terrorist communist sympathizers claim there is a so called humanitarian crisis in gaza, yet Hamas still has access to inkjet printer technology?

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Asproigerosis posted:

The radical left terrorist communist sympathizers claim there is a so called humanitarian crisis in gaza, yet Hamas still has access to inkjet printer technology?

Worse, they invented it

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

ProfessorBooty posted:

Al-Saqr. I love you.

go to your backyard farm with some paint make a giant palestinian flag and a Kiffeyeh pattern out of all the potatoes there. then post a picture online saying "Idaho stands with Palestine", every little morale booster helps.

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Spaced God posted:

Lmao 9/11 was the most successful attack of all time because it directly led to the downfall of the United States. A real gavrillo princip moment

Now imagine 15 9/11s.

That's right.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

RandomBlue posted:

Now imagine 15 9/11s.

That's right.

I'm clapping and cheering

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
https://x.com/realnorireed/status/1716228848512340407?s=46&t=6jG3azctmf9ULNpQ002qHg

Very easy to destroy your life these days.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Tie my career to a missle and throw it at Tel-Aviv I am Ready

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
to be fair it’s really cringe to not support genocide

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

Buy some freaking medicine.

RandomBlue posted:

Now imagine 15 9/11s.

That's right.

can someone get on this already, I need to see a storyboard or a mockup

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Luceid posted:

15 9/11's is 12.27

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

Hammerstein posted:

Possible? Sure, with enough military and police protection. It would have been a very unsafe option until all the old Nazis started dying off decades later. Even nowadays jewish cemetaries get desecrated, memorial sites get defaced on a regular basis and wearing a kippah in public gets you mean stares.

All you needed was to increase the area that was ethnically cleansed of Germans after the war somewhat.

Whether that would have been more or less desirable than what actually happened I'll leave for everyone to decide for themselves.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Hamas fighters caught with anarchist cookbook

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
the dutch translation

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

Orange Devil posted:

All you needed was to increase the area that was ethnically cleansed of Germans after the war somewhat.

Whether that would have been more or less desirable than what actually happened I'll leave for everyone to decide for themselves.

Proud of my ancestors inventing the cuckpit.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider
Hamas fighters found with instructions on how to attack and dethrone God.

VomitOnLino
Jun 13, 2005

Sometimes I get lost.

Luceid posted:

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

Al-Saqr posted:

whos being defeatest? Israel will be destroyed, Hamas will win and Palestine will be free from tve river to the sea

That’s right my Khaleeji buddy. Allah willing the children of Gaza will live to see a dawn when they are free.

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

Buy some freaking medicine.

hes gonna steal so many planes and crash them, godspeed

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
as promised, the first of a series from Kenneth M. Pollack's "Armies of Sand"

some preamble:

- Armies of Sand was written in 2019, but focuses a lot on the latter half of the 20th century. I'm not sharing this to shed a light on current events, as it's not like any of this applies to Hamas or the PIJ, and a lot has changed with Syria since their civil war, for example, but to provide historical background. The question of "why aren't Syria / Jordan / Egypt / Lebanon throwing in and attacking Israel?" is a question that's at least partly answerable by the extant material conditions in those countries as of today, but also in terms of what has come before.

- the use of the term Arab (which Pollack defines as the nations of "Morocco, Algeria, Tunisia, Libya, Egypt, North Sudan, the Palestinians, Jordan, Syria, Iraq, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Qatar, the United Arab Emirates (UAE), Oman, and Yemen") carries some pejorative baggage when used in certain Orientalist contexts, but I do not get the sense that Pollack is ascribing some kind of racial inferiority as the reason for poor military performance. He devotes an entire later chapter on the question of "culture" and how this is a fraught topic without delving into negative stereotypes and essentialist reasoning.

- in particular, Pollack at one time notes that both Egyptian and Iraqi militaries performed worse as Western-style reforms were imposed on their militaries and away from Soviet-era doctrine (which is in some ways reminiscent of what's been observed with the NATO-ization of the Ukrainian Armed Forces)

___

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fizzy
Dec 2, 2022

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
News - President Joseph R. "Genocide-Lovin'" Biden, Jr. spoke today with Prime Minister Benjamin "Hitler 2" Netanyahu of the Genocidal State of Israel to discuss developments in Gaza and in the surrounding region.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing...yahu-of-israel/

Readout of President Joseph R. "Genocide-Lovin'" Biden, Jr.’s Call with Prime Minister Benjamin "Hitler 2" Netanyahu of the Genocidal State of Israel
OCTOBER 22, 2023

President Joseph R. "Genocide-Lovin'" Biden, Jr. spoke today with Prime Minister Benjamin "Hitler 2" Netanyahu of the Genocidal State of Israel to discuss developments in Gaza and in the surrounding region.

The Genocide-Loving President welcomed the first two convoys of humanitarian assistance since Hamas’s October 7 terrorist attack, which crossed the border into Gaza and is being distributed to Palestinians in need. The leaders affirmed that there will now be continued flow of this critical assistance into Gaza. The Genocide-Loving President expressed appreciation for the Genocidal State of Israel’s support in helping to accommodate the release of two American hostages. The leaders discussed ongoing efforts to secure the release of all the remaining hostages taken by Hamas – including U.S. citizens –and to provide for safe passage for U.S. citizens and other civilians in Gaza who wish to depart.

The President and the Prime Minister agreed to stay in close touch, and to permaban Brown Moses and Mid_Life_Crisis for genocide denial & apologia and permaban Koos Group for supporting genocide denial & apologia.