Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

I just got the horse for the first time ever. Didn’t unlock it in eternal, didn’t unlock it in season 1. Just unlocked it in season 2

Omg this is so good. It completely changes the overworks experience!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Uber Lilith down at lvl 86

Ball lightning is indeed OP

It was still kinda fun trying to see how soon I could pull it off

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
I found another dungeon bug doing the capstone dungeon :(

i'm trying to figure out how to leave and I couldn't do anything so I just quit out and started again

Jezza of OZPOS fucked around with this message at 12:34 on Oct 23, 2023

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

target farming varshan for my build enabling unique actually worked

do the body parts that summon varshan carry over from WT3 to WT4?

lagidnam
Nov 8, 2010

hawowanlawow posted:

I believe they do, you just need more/maybe an additional one in WT4.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:
new season out, new dupe that needs to be squashed

probably good they didn't try to do any auction house

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

What can you even trade in this game? Rares? I saw the thing about trading being disabled in the launcher.

Foulbrood
May 17, 2004

This is it, Jonesy!

m.hache posted:

Just respecced to Pulv and hit 61. Managed to easily clear the WT4 capstone and did a run of chests in the blood harvest area. Upgraded 4 items into ancestral.

Pulverize is really broken. I’m destroying screens full of lvl 75s at lvl 61 and rarely at risk of dying. I can’t believe that crone is equal tier with this. Gonna be wild what I can do once I find that staff.
Any particular pulverize build you're using for this?

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay
I got tired of the low survivability on my Spin2Win barb and re-specced into LeapQuake and it is amazing. I went from doing NM tier ~44 to NM tier 60 without any issues and I don't even have that good equipment. I just slapped on the required aspects on whatever I could find at the time.
I have the build and the items/aspects here: https://d4builds.gg/builds/5c9b14bb-32d7-474a-b890-4502733664bd/
I filled out some of the stats on some items and I did not do the paragon table, you want to use the standard glyphs for barb and also the new earthquake one of course.

Kick is extremely powerful with that specific aspect in a 2H weapon, I don't get any damage numbers from it but it can delete elites from full health in a single hit.

Don't forget to set leap to use your 2H sword for the bleed procs.

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004
Was doing the ball lightning blender build using cooldowns with prodigy aspect and it was hilariously OP and good fun.

Just now switched to the arc lash version of it and oh my loving god it's the most stupidly broken thing this game can produce right now IMO. I cannot overstate how loving dumb it is and I know it wont exist beyond this season so if you're in the mood to completely break the game, give it a whirl. Went off this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BiEgj3lglXo

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

They finally made a fun-looking powerful sorc build so I imagine it will get brutally killed within the next hotfix.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

nightwisher posted:

Was doing the ball lightning blender build using cooldowns with prodigy aspect and it was hilariously OP and good fun.

Just now switched to the arc lash version of it and oh my loving god it's the most stupidly broken thing this game can produce right now IMO. I cannot overstate how loving dumb it is and I know it wont exist beyond this season so if you're in the mood to completely break the game, give it a whirl. Went off this video:

How neat and fun

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Love the horse so much. Zooooooomin’ around

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

nightwisher posted:

I'm approaching 60 and planning on switching to ball lightning soon, was planning on going the more normal casting route but this one looks interesting. How good was your gear when you switched? I was worried about mana but this version looks like that'll be less of an issue?

e: unrelated, i just watched a person drop 150 bloods into the blood zone ten seconds before it moved on the hour. it instantly despawned before the bosses appeared lol.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

nightwisher posted:

can’t watch the video right now, can anyone say what levels / gear it requires to get this build online? i have a 51 chain lit sorc new to wt3

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend
I'm getting sorcerer FOMO since I'm not having as much fun with Necro as I thought I would, but I'm only level 26 so I figure I'll wait awhile before switching.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

blood surge necro is fun, powerful, cool looking, and you can farm the unique amulet easily in NM because you get the boss summoning mats from whisper caches

also it goes with the theme of the battle pass skins if you wanna pay the 4 bucks

I used this as a starting point for the build but you can choose how you want to manage your resources - personally I just use the basic skill because the blood orbs it spawns keep my minions healed and lower my ultimate CD

https://mobalytics.gg/diablo-4/profile/15fcdb6b-735b-484e-86f7-610728bcdff1/builds/91bb0a24-c7fe-4a73-83a1-5cc18c95ba44?tab=skills-and-gear

hawowanlawow fucked around with this message at 16:24 on Oct 23, 2023

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

EC posted:

I'm getting sorcerer FOMO since I'm not having as much fun with Necro as I thought I would, but I'm only level 26 so I figure I'll wait awhile before switching.

Fwiw blood surge necro has been fun for me and the least fun levels were by far 28-34.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

EC posted:

i did necro in preseason and s1 and had a good time, but it can take a bit longer to come online. infinimist especially, idk about the other blood stuff.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

Kaysette posted:

e: unrelated, i just watched a person drop 150 bloods into the blood zone ten seconds before it moved on the hour. it instantly despawned before the bosses appeared lol.

ive done this

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
World bosses and other group events really need a damage leaderboard at the end. Not so much for bragging rights but more just to get an idea of how my makeshift build is holding up. Feels pretty good but really have no clue how it's stacking up compared to others.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

American McGay posted:

World bosses and other group events really need a damage leaderboard at the end. Not so much for bragging rights but more just to get an idea of how my makeshift build is holding up. Feels pretty good but really have no clue how it's stacking up compared to others.

I think they're adding training dummies at some point this league, so you can measure your e-peen then

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh

pmchem posted:

can’t watch the video right now, can anyone say what levels / gear it requires to get this build online? i have a 51 chain lit sorc new to wt3

Can't speak to this version but i swapped to the dedicated BL build on maxroll as soon as I got the gravitational aspect and immediately started owning

Obviously the more CDR you have (I didn't watch his full vid so idk if have <0 cool down is obtainable without flickerstep procs) the better it will get but blade vortexball lightning orbitals are insanely good to start

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

I'm excited for the latest developments of the cow level and I hope they crack the case soon. Realistically though blizzard is probably bread crumbing the entire quest line and the actual level isn't in yet.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

George H.W. oval office posted:

I'm excited for the latest developments of the cow level and I hope they crack the case soon. Realistically though blizzard is probably bread crumbing the entire quest line and the actual level isn't in yet.

Season 26 gonna be 🔥🔥🔥

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Probably a better major power than metamorphosis for my TB rogue but drat it's so nice to have.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

hawowanlawow posted:

I think they're adding training dummies at some point this league, so you can measure your e-peen then

I would like a dummy to test stuff on just to see my dps with different gear/specs no epeen stuff

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

Foulbrood posted:

Any particular pulverize build you're using for this?

Just the one on Maxroll. Seems pretty cookie cutter.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

Mustached Demon posted:

Probably a better major power than metamorphosis for my TB rogue but drat it's so nice to have.

i love that on my poison wolf, zip through some losers, drop a creeper and then heal, exploding the the survivors with all those souls.

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
Sorry I have been having trouble finding a DIIR thread.

Didn't Charsi use to only give blue items? I got a yellow one and the maiden javelins went from +1Jav+Spear skills to +2 Jav Spear skills. Trying my best with poison Jav, on nightmare it is working great until I get to skeletons.

kaaj
Jun 23, 2013

don't stop, carry on.
I’m playing Firewall and Hydra sorc and having fun with it. It looks like Fireball may be busted too with few interactions this league, but for it to work you do need that unique which makes firewalls roll and bounce? Still, having a lot of fun with Sorc overall.

Ulvino
Mar 20, 2009

hawowanlawow posted:

What level were you? I'm currently 64 and enjoyed the ride so far zooming between packs like a ME Vanguard with a Triffid companion but the Staff of the Crones build looks way smoother.

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*

Suburban Dad posted:

What can you even trade in this game? Rares? I saw the thing about trading being disabled in the launcher.

you can trade for select rares & also all the mats for the endgame bosses, but the prices are literally 15m/living steel so gently caress that lol

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

I've been following this guide for Blood Surge Necro, it's worked out pretty well so far. I'm about 11k power at level 65 with no tuning, just looking at high power items. I'm sure I'll jump in power a lot more once I start getting aspects and re-rolling items.

https://maxroll.gg/d4/build-guides/blood-surge-necromancer-guide

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Ulvino posted:

What level were you? I'm currently 64 and enjoyed the ride so far zooming between packs like a ME Vanguard with a Triffid companion but the Staff of the Crones build looks way smoother.

I am 67 and I've been cruising along without facing any hard checks so far

my only point of reference is thorns barb though, so any build would probably feel smooth in comparison

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

hawowanlawow posted:

I am 67 and I've been cruising along without facing any hard checks so far

my only point of reference is thorns barb though, so any build would probably feel smooth in comparison

Is there a UI option or something so that when we compare items in the inventory we can see the difference in damage of our core skill?

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Is there a UI option or something so that when we compare items in the inventory we can see the difference in damage of our core skill?

I don't think so, I just wing it and keep in mind that overpower damage and life are the main ways the build scales

I generally want to get decent DR on pants and chest, CDR on helm and neck, movespeed on boots. can't go wrong with INT anywhere giving spell damage and resists

stuff that's going to be the same with any build + this time overpower is important, basically

Milosh
Oct 14, 2000
Forum Veteran
I played barb last season and it sucked rear end. Twisting blades rogue is so much more fun.

Still have no idea about build or maxing stuff but it's fun to just kill things and get that loot.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Man this game is so good handheld. I’m on a trip playing it on a ROG Ally and it’s perfect for like hotel room game

Season 2 seems pretty cool. The blood stuff is fun, between the like 5 things you can be doing at all times it always feels like you’re doing something useful and leveling really quickly.

Doing my first necro, blood surge. I got the aspect that does triple blood wave so I’m fitting that in too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

Milosh posted:

I played barb last season and it sucked rear end. Twisting blades rogue is so much more fun.

Still have no idea about build or maxing stuff but it's fun to just kill things and get that loot.

Barb in this game does not click for me. I didn't roll one until this season for shits and giggles and I abandoned it at 30 and rolled a druid