Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wollawolla
Jan 15, 2007

Are you gonna smash my skull and breathe my blood-mist?

SKULL.GIF posted:

Troubling. Will look into

For what it’s worth, I thought the line looked better with Tom under center and Nijman at RT.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

friendship ended with justin, now tyson is my best friend

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

tyson's absolute swagger after hitting a bunch of checkdowns and 7 yard outs, loving incredible

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

fortunately there was enough institutional knowledge in the building for the bears to figure out how to beat Hoyer

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

is this the first game davonte adams has ever lost at soldier field

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

R.D. Mangles posted:

is this the first game davonte adams has ever lost at soldier field

Dec of 2018, Bears 24 Packers 17.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

watching davante drop that (extremely bad) hoyer pass in the endzone was extremely cathartic to me, a longtime Davante Adams Victim

Hit Man
Mar 6, 2008

I hope after I die people will say of me: "That guy sure owed me a lot of money."

Tyson Bagent when asked he could've got the ball to the end zone on the Hail Mary attempt before halftime that Nathan Peterman attempted
https://twitter.com/sean_hammond/status/1716198301228322866?s=20

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

PAY JAYLON YOU BOOBS

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Hit Man posted:

Tyson Bagent when asked he could've got the ball to the end zone on the Hail Mary attempt before halftime that Nathan Peterman attempted
https://twitter.com/sean_hammond/status/1716198301228322866?s=20

This was really weird. Bagent has a huge arm. They also had Peterson kneel at the end of the game. Is there some bonus in his contract for taking a few snaps that the coaches wanted to get him?

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

R.D. Mangles posted:

PAY JAYLON YOU BOOBS

I know it goes against Poles strategy but bringing back Jaylon would give the Bears a pretty good secondary. Stephenson has been improving.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Yeah I was admittedly pretty low on Stevenson — felt like a lot of the early hype around him was just because he had a starting spot despite the fact he wasn't actually playing well in that role — but he had a pretty nice game Sunday. I should know by now that most young CBs are gonna have growing pains, but whaddaya gonna do

Between Jaylon/Stevenson/Gordon/Smith it definitely feels like CB is the most promising young position group on the roster. The three younger guys might not all pan out but they've shown some encouraging stuff

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
I've never been low on Stevenson.

When he's been used correctly he's been great.

Once dude learns what he can and can't get away with in the NFL, and like generally gets used to and sees more thing I think he's going to be great.

Gordon is a great slot corner, he's had some real solid run fits since being back, and has been good.

This roster you just gotta play 2 high man, in most cases. All 4 of their top corners are best at man, re JJ, TS, KG, and TS(Smith).

It's telling that once Matt took over calling the defense he started instantly calling more man defenses.

Rookie Corner, Rookie QB and Rookie Tackle are probably the hardest positions to just come in and play in the NFL. And Rookie QB's and to a lesser extent Tackles will have OC generally be able to scheme ways to protect you.

Rookie Corners are generally out on an island and targeted every single loving play

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Alan Williams being a walking HR violation might end up being the thing that saves Eberflus's job. If he survives the year somehow.

Because he at the very least is showing he is mostly capable of scheming and calling a defense well.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
I'm honestly shocked that Eberflus has been willing to change up the defense as much as he has. A few weeks ago I was thinking "Well, some of these pieces on defense might be better than they've looked and we'll find out once we get a defensive coordinator who's willing to play to their strengths rather than being married to a conservative vanilla scheme," and I really didn't anticipate that we'd get a glimpse of it under Eberflus instead.

Would be nice if he had done this stuff in the offseason rather than waiting until we got lit up for the first month of the season while his defensive coordinator conducted Undisclosed Behavior, but better late than never from a guy who I didn't think had it in him

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I think if there’s any proof of the nfl being scripted it would be the refs consistently favouring the Lions at any point in the season

Imagine the ratings nationwide for the Lions going to the Super Bowl

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

I think if there’s any proof of the nfl being scripted it would be the refs consistently favouring the Lions at any point in the season

Imagine the ratings nationwide for the Lions going to the Super Bowl

And to disprove that would be all of the commercials for the nfl featuring justin fields before the season started. I dont know what they were thinkin spotlighting a chicago qb, but they did and the monkey paw fuckin curled.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

xbilkis posted:

I'm honestly shocked that Eberflus has been willing to change up the defense as much as he has. A few weeks ago I was thinking "Well, some of these pieces on defense might be better than they've looked and we'll find out once we get a defensive coordinator who's willing to play to their strengths rather than being married to a conservative vanilla scheme," and I really didn't anticipate that we'd get a glimpse of it under Eberflus instead.

Would be nice if he had done this stuff in the offseason rather than waiting until we got lit up for the first month of the season while his defensive coordinator conducted Undisclosed Behavior, but better late than never from a guy who I didn't think had it in him

I think Flus extremely trusted Alan Williams. And wanted to delegate playcalling like he said he would at the start.

Oops bad call

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
He should take over offense calling too, I'm sure we can teach him the word screen

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself

Pops Mgee posted:

Rodgers got to throw to Greg Jennings, Donald Driver, James Jones, and Jordy Nelson that year. All of Love's receivers are in year one or two.

That was Jordy's rookie year, James Jones barely played and wasn't good yet. Greg Jennings was good, but it was his 3rd year. Driver obviously was awesome and a veteran.

I don't think there's a big enough difference in receiving talent between those years to excuse Love throwing 57% and on pace for 20 INTs.

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

I think Love is clearly the guy. Packers should extend him and even if they end up with a high draft pick, they should just trade back or get the best punter or fullback on the board to really round out the roster

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
The worry for me is how much he’s missing the open receivers. If they can’t get open, and he’s trying to create and not achieving, fine. If he isn’t seeing the open guy, ok that’s not great, but possibly fixable. Missing the wide open guy at a higher percentage than any other QB right now? Tough pill to swallow.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Catching up to a lot of the thread

Dr. Lunchables posted:

I’ll eat these words when I have to, but all I’ve seen all week is folks bending over backwards to suck their own dicks about how a 4 and 2 team that ate their own poo poo on multiple continents can beat the lions. (They struggled to win.)

gently caress No.

24-16 against the loving titans? Losing to the Steelers and the Colts? This team sucks rear end. Sucks turds out of rear end. I’m tired of the Lions getting undervalued against a team like this.

:wow:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Hey guys CJ2 is here to tell us that somebody on the internet was wrong, how refreshing.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Cognac McCarthy posted:

I think Love is clearly the guy. Packers should extend him and even if they end up with a high draft pick, they should just trade back or get the best punter or fullback on the board to really round out the roster

Listen this is a young team, with a 1st year starter. Better to lock him in now before the market gets reset by the next big QB contract.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

Don Majkowski, tanned, rested and ready.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Tyson Bagent becomes the first bears rookie quarterback to win his first start since Craig Krenzel.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Grand Theft Autobot posted:

That was Jordy's rookie year, James Jones barely played and wasn't good yet. Greg Jennings was good, but it was his 3rd year. Driver obviously was awesome and a veteran.

I don't think there's a big enough difference in receiving talent between those years to excuse Love throwing 57% and on pace for 20 INTs.
This is wildly underselling the value of having a good, savvy vet like Donald Driver on the team.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
The Ravens feasted on hearty and nutritious british cuisine last weekend, so they were supercharged this weekend

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'