Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

SixFigureSandwich posted:

Video evidence on the radio? Huge if true

As in video recording of him saying it into the radio broadcasting equipment.

E: i guess you could also do that image-over-radio protocol that renders at like 1 frame a minute or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

feedmegin posted:

Have you ever seen The Godfather, parts I and II? (III does not exist)

Nah looks boring.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

It's obviously not a scientific poll at all, but these were all lefty shitposters who took part. I honestly thought I was alone in thinking this.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Tesseraction posted:

What if Northern Ireland becoming part of the RoI gives them a taste for land expansion. Wales and Cornwall next, then Scotland, soon those bastards would invade and take over England and replace our monarchy with a leprechaun or something.

TBF literal fear of this sort of thing is exactly what kicked the English Civil War off :shobon:

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

Apraxin posted:

started playing the new spiderman game and busted out laughing at Uncle Ben's unfortunate resemblance

Maybe someone from Insomniac is a fan of UK politics?

https://twitter.com/alexduin/status/1716140052521062472

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Obviously the Tories in government will just enact state level violence on ethinc minorities, the dsaibled, and lgbt people, and be brazen about it, at least you know where you stand (flat on your face with a cops boot on your back). A Labour government doing basically the same stuff but with a concerned face is not in any way preferable to me, especially one with a large majority and being run by some Oxbridge PPE psychopaths all baying for the blood of Arab children.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/coldwarsteve/status/1716435006887792680

I see Simon Case has also been given a mysterious medical exemption which excuses him from giving evidence in the Covid enquiry. I love all this accountability

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2023/oct/23/uk-officials-use-ai-to-decide-on-issues-from-benefits-to-marriage-licences

Nice to know the dystopia is already here.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
AI taking jobs away from hard working British racists.

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.

fuctifino posted:

It's obviously not a scientific poll at all, but these were all lefty shitposters who took part. I honestly thought I was alone in thinking this.
Why would people assume that a Starmer govt would be competent?

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
https://twitter.com/jeevanrai/status/1716413164693172387?t=IkqaDQj8ZJZrVkhMQiFBNw&s=19

Senior Labour insider reveal yourself, I just want to talk.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

it's hard to know exactly how bad this is given that "AI" now seems to mean "anything a computer does more complicated than adding three numbers or so" but as I don't trust the home office/dwp/etc with responsible use of even the simplest algorithm it's still pretty bad. e.g. this

quote:

The DWP, meanwhile, has an “integrated risk and intelligence service”, which uses an algorithm to help detect fraud and error among benefits claimants. The Labour MP Kate Osamor believes the use of this algorithm may have contributed to dozens of Bulgarians suddenly having their benefits suspended in recent years after they were falsely flagged as making potentially fraudulent claims.

The DWP insists the algorithm does not take nationality into account.

yes there may well not be a specific column in your database for nationality but that doesn't mean a sufficiently complex machine learning algorithm won't determine a bunch of things that correlate to it with whatever other random bollocks you're throwing in there. oh and hey look all these people also correlate to people who tend to get benefits refused by the objective face to face employees, that must be because they're evil scroungers. this is basic loving stuff for anyone who even pretends to care about ethical use of data

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

The senior Labour source continued "yesssss, more muslim deaths, we wants it. we needs it. filthy gordonbrowns took it from us but we will gets it back"

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

I added a Palestinian flag to the EU one on the wheelchair. I also have a new insta360 x3 camera rigged up so I should be able to capture some angry hard stares from some of the local gammon population, as well as any interactions should people wish to play

cat botherer posted:

Why would people assume that a Starmer govt would be competent?

Compared to Tories. I should have added that for clarity. I don't think the Tories were purposefully trying to kill off people. Sure they were aware of the excess deaths, but they were just a mere side effect from syphoning billions of pounds of public money into offshore trust fund accounts. Labour on the other hand, they designed the Work Capability Assessments that were designed to throw people off of benefits who had no other means of surviving.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

God forbid people would be mistakenly denied benefits! This is definitely an AI problem and not a reflection of the institutions involved.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Oh sure, but it's harder to indict a computer for crimes against humanity.

Not impossible, mind you...

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Yeah it's good to notice when the algorithm or institution could be improved but it doesn't tell you whether it's better or not than what came before.

Like with AI camera can't tell the difference between two Black men in some circumstances. How good are they compared to some of the police?

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.

Guavanaut posted:

Yeah it's good to notice when the algorithm or institution could be improved but it doesn't tell you whether it's better or not than what came before.

Like with AI camera can't tell the difference between two Black men in some circumstances. How good are they compared to some of the police?
But you can hold a racist police officer accountable, unlike a computer program.

Ok, bad example,

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

In todays “Disingenuous Lying Tory Twat News”….

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

smellmycheese posted:

In todays “Disingenuous Lying Tory Twat News”….

he loving wanted it

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Yeah why didn't it require a supermajority? We go live to the pigfucker's mansion to hear him abdicate any responsibility.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

cat botherer posted:

But you can hold a racist police officer accountable, unlike a computer program.

Ok, bad example,
There's pros and cons, you can mandate monitoring and logging and standard reviews of AI cameras a lot more easily than you can monitor every officer for second phones with their racist whatsapp chats and banned Britain First splinter group picnic photos.

But yeah if the institution doesn't want to change it's hard to do either.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
The goalposts should move closer to offset the increasing accuracy of the ballkicker

(look I'm not a football knower ok, I'm sure there's an actual term for it but ballkicker does the job)

(also I like my ballkicker to be very accurate)

(it's what I pay her for)

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
I hate these pricks, Steve Baker campaigned to leave the EU and then following the incredibly narrow win pushed for complete seperation from the EU on the shortest possible timeline. I'm very sorry to hear that the process damaged his mental health and now he apparently regrets all of the repeated actions that he took to get the exact result that he wanted.

Barrel Cactaur
Oct 6, 2021

Tesseraction posted:

Oh sure, but it's harder to indict a computer for crimes against humanity.

Not impossible, mind you...

Simply take the traditional approach to uncontrollable nonhuman actors and convict it of witchcraft.

Microplastics posted:

The goalposts should move closer to offset the increasing accuracy of the ballkicker

(look I'm not a football knower ok, I'm sure there's an actual term for it but ballkicker does the job)

(also I like my ballkicker to be very accurate)

(it's what I pay her for)

Goalposts go further to make it harder, and the person kicking at a penalty is the shooter. Kicker is only a position in handball games.

Barrel Cactaur fucked around with this message at 14:57 on Oct 23, 2023

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
Talking to a non-zionist, pro-palestinian rights Jewish friend this morning who lives in London.
He said the only harassment he's received is from his own family (who call him kapo, self-hating etc).

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Imagine what they'd call him if they knew he was non-Zionist and pro-Palestine!

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Barrel Cactaur posted:

Goalposts go further to make it harder, and the person kicking at a penalty is the shooter. Kicker is only a position in handball games.

All this time I thought "moving the goal posts" meant moving them closer together or further apart. But I guess that works too.

On the very same day I found out a pumpkin spice latte has no pumpkin in it, too. loving hell I'm learning a lot today

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Generally the person kicking the ball into the goal is the striker, although centre-forwards and their left/right counterparts are all allowed to give it a welly.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

If the opposing goalkeeper is the one shooting the ball into your goal, either that guy is bullshit good or your team is dogshit bad.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Barrel Cactaur posted:

Simply take the traditional approach to uncontrollable nonhuman actors and convict it of witchcraft.
Witch trials are a good analogy for things like accusations of unconscious bias, because a lot of it just becomes proxy for unpopularity or power hierarchy or willingness for a group to throw some token individual under the bus to get any accusations to go away.

Which is why you get lots of police reviews that just turn into "yeahh we all know Steve the Notracist, he's definitely not a racist" blue shield efforts and it's only after someone retires or really gently caress ups that further information comes to light.

Whereas you can measure bias of equipment much more statistically and it's more a matter of institutions not wanting to or caring about why they should.

(also remembering keiths week of unconscious bias training, which was enough for him to get stopped ever being called racist by the sort of people that charge hundreds of thousands for upper management unconscious bias training courses while never actually changing his actions, lmao)

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Tesseraction posted:

If the opposing goalkeeper is the one shooting the ball into your goal, either that guy is bullshit good or your team is dogshit bad.

let me tell you about Rene Higuita

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

Guavanaut posted:

I suppose it's like when your uncle calls ever 10cm plastic disc that holds data a CD. Zoomers who don't care about the difference will probably do the same now. As technology progresses the need for distinction becomes irrelevant, in the same way that most millennials didn't care about the difference between a compact cassette tape and an 8-track.

All radio and video feeds to be henceforth called Nintendos.

A fine excuse to post my finest work:

In unrelated news, a coalition of every British media sicko and fascist have come together to sign an open letter that's too scared to explicitly ask the Met to start cracking heads: https://britishfriendsofisrael.org/

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Julio Cruz posted:

let me tell you about Rene Higuita

Let me tell you about Rogerio Ceni

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Also I note that the BBC News front page has a new addition to the list of currently hosed up situations that need their own special section

We now have:

Climate
War in Ukraine
Cost of Living

and the new entry...

Israel-Gaza war

Not sure why the new war isn't given a capital letter, but anyway.

(You may argue that "UK" also belongs in the list of currently hosed up situations)

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

josh04 posted:

A fine excuse to post my finest work:

In unrelated news, a coalition of every British media sicko and fascist have come together to sign an open letter that's too scared to explicitly ask the Met to start cracking heads: https://britishfriendsofisrael.org/

Part of me wishes that they could have found a place for the GD-Rom (the disc format used by the Dreamcast) on this chart.

In other news, an honest to God "if you say your English these days, they lock you up" posted in the wild.

(Via a Crosspost from the Elon Musk thread.)

I don't know what's worse, what is being said or the two chuckle heads saying it.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

When did this come in?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Police have arrested the London Guildhall.

Just been told it gets locked up every night.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

The Question IRL posted:

Part of me wishes that they could have found a place for the GD-Rom (the disc format used by the Dreamcast) on this chart.

You could do another nine boxes with CDs, really:

pre:
                Audio Purist | Audio Neutral | Audio Radical
Format Purist  | Audio CD    | CD-ROM        | CD-i
Format Neutral | SACD        | Mini-CD       | GD-ROM 
Format Radical | MiniDisc    | CD-MO         | Hard Drive

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

keep punching joe posted:

When did this come in?

The date says today the 23rd of October. It was posted over in the Musk thread just now.

Ian Chung, the man Musk parrots is a South American guy who posts lots of information about America and American politics.

Not on "American Politics" as it pertains to the two continents. But the politics of the USA.
A country he does not live in, nor has he ever visited.

This man (allegedly) just lives in his home and has such (alleged) poor hygiene that it is (allegedly) often overrun by Ants. Allegedly.

And Elon Musk keeps signal boosting and agreeing with this guy all the time.