Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."

beepo posted:

With all due respect to Darby, I don't think he could rack up enough medical bills for it to financially matter to TK in any real way.

Someone tell Darby about this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nativity In Black
Oct 24, 2012

If you're gonna have roads, you're gonna have roadkill.
I personally don't like Darby Allin at all, but it's easy to argue that Darby doing crap like this is also an advertisement for AEW.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Darby's going to plant an AEW flag on Mt. Everest and it's going to rule, especially when some guy with a screenname like TRIBALchief30874038 threatens to climb up there and tear it down.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

Nativity In Black posted:

I personally don't like Darby Allin at all, but it's easy to argue that Darby doing crap like this is also an advertisement for AEW.

It’s also a more ethical way of getting eyes on your show than Billy Corgan thinking that his champion should say he’d commit transphobic child abuse on Fox News.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I don't even disagree that the sequence looks goofy and isn't getting the kind of reaction they were probably hoping for during it, but lol at "a headkick can end a fight in MMA."

https://twitter.com/CatchWrestling/status/1716053347906560015

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

MassRafTer posted:

I don't even disagree that the sequence looks goofy and isn't getting the kind of reaction they were probably hoping for during it, but lol at "a headkick can end a fight in MMA."

https://twitter.com/CatchWrestling/status/1716053347906560015

I started following this dude because I think Chris Hero gave him a shout out as a decent follow, and he was for a while then all their posts became complaining about realism in wrestling and how technical guys can’t do proper submissions. I get it to a certain point, but also it is still professional wrestling.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Catch is usually a good follow but they're definitely part of the fans who hate, for example, the Traditional Exchange of Forearm Strikes in a match that's supposed to be a blood feud.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

The_Rob posted:

I started following this dude because I think Chris Hero gave him a shout out as a decent follow, and he was for a while then all their posts became complaining about realism in wrestling and how technical guys can’t do proper submissions. I get it to a certain point, but also it is still professional wrestling.

He's been like that for years.

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Cry 'Mayhem!' and let slip the dogs of Wardlow.
My favorite bit is clocking when a wrestler gets put in an armbar or something and sells and sells and then gets to the ropes whereas the same hold in MMA would be an instant tap lest the opponent break your arm

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

apophenium posted:

My favorite bit is clocking when a wrestler gets put in an armbar or something and sells and sells and then gets to the ropes whereas the same hold in MMA would be an instant tap lest the opponent break your arm

HBK in the ankle lock for two minutes at WM21.

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

greetings sweeties, let me give you a back massage. for i am a whiz!

apophenium posted:

I much prefer the armbar used as a finisher/NEED ROPES NOW moment because of that exact issue, but there's SO MANY cool ways to get into it that it can be fine

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

If pro wrestling was MMA nobody would sell anything because shockingly enough you don't really want to give your opponent a visual target to continue to focus on.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

there were like 17 promotions in japan all based on what if wrestling was real and they almost all DIED!!

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

greetings sweeties, let me give you a back massage. for i am a whiz!

Suplex Liberace posted:

there were like 17 promotions in japan all based on what if wrestling was real and they almost all DIED!!

There are nice blends, GLEAT has done some great stuff and that Abe v Nomura match last week was incredible

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

The Taxman posted:

There are nice blends, GLEAT has done some great stuff and that Abe v Nomura match last week was incredible

Noah does some fun worked shoot stuff too.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

The_Rob posted:

I piss and poo poo myself in incomprehensible rage every time someone runs the ropes.

Seven-state murder spree if they go to the top rope.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

C. Everett Koop posted:

I piss and poo poo myself in incomprehensible rage every time someone runs the ropes.

Seven-state murder spree if they go to the top rope.

It’s like there’s stuff I wish more wrestlers would do fundamental wise and just little things to hide the obvious work of it all, but at a certain point you have to be like. Look man this is still pro wrestling. It’s inherently silly. You gotta sit back and just enjoy it.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/DGth3rd/status/1716432005598961903

One of my prevailing memories of Okada was on a road-to show where he grabbed a pair of those thunder sticks they were using to try and make up for the lack of crowd noise the crowd was allowed to make and he started beating on someone's back with them like he was playing a jazz drum.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

apophenium posted:

Pro wrestlers are tougher.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
He is InVESTed.

https://twitter.com/DGth3rd/status/1716438535740195146

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

1glitch0 posted:

Pro wrestlers are tougher.

This is why it can take upwards of 20 minutes to beat one, whereas in MMA you regularly see fights end super quickly, and if they don’t then they have to have breaks every couple of minutes because they are so weak and pitiful.

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Pylons posted:

https://twitter.com/DGth3rd/status/1716432005598961903

One of my prevailing memories of Okada was on a road-to show where he grabbed a pair of those thunder sticks they were using to try and make up for the lack of crowd noise the crowd was allowed to make and he started beating on someone's back with them like he was playing a jazz drum.

Scooby Dooby Doo!

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Nothing in this world beat Longbois Balloons Okada.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Concerning new genre of post: What if a major free agent signed with TNA despite the company showing no capacity to make that sort of hire over the past decade

https://twitter.com/AdamGoldberg28/status/1716409869018738851

https://twitter.com/AngoPW/status/1716000244775719339

https://twitter.com/WrestlePurists/status/1716505133259878515

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
I'm all for it. Would love to see Punk start giving Ospreay unasked advice on how to work.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

1glitch0 posted:

I'm all for it. Would love to see Punk start giving Ospreay unasked advice on how to work.

And inevitably freaking out when Ospreay does or says something stupid.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
I think TNA should hire Punk and give him the exact same program they gave Rikishi all those years ago

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

CombineThresher posted:

And inevitably freaking out when Ospreay does or says something stupid.

lol you think he’ll wait even that incredibly short amount of time

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

History Comes Inside! posted:

lol you think he’ll wait even that incredibly short amount of time

He'll see Ospeay's Wembley tattoo and immediately go on a rampage throughout the Impact Zone.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Germansimp posted:

He'll see Ospeay's Wembley tattoo and immediately go on a rampage throughout the Impact Zone.

That could actually be enough to do it

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Punk, Ospreay and Okada in TNA would be a good wrestling management game starting scenario.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Germansimp posted:

It wouldn't be a Rampage it would be an Xplosion.

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

I think TNA should hire Punk and give him the exact same program they gave Rikishi all those years ago

Entering a world title tournament and walking out on the company before it finishes?

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

MassRafTer posted:

lmfao

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

MassRafTer posted:

Either way it will make for an entertaining Reaction.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

You mean doing a stinkface every match?

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
Hold up. "DGth3rd"?

No wonder he's cranky, he's Darius Grouch III AKA The Rumble!

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

Germansimp posted:

Either way it will make for an entertaining Reaction.

[Panicking] uh uhh In Your House

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Lamuella posted:

Imagine being mad about a match where Rocky Romero dressed like this.

I just watched this Rampage tonight. The most offensive part of the show was the crowd seemed cold on Isaiah Kassidy. Romero and Mistico put on a really fun match. At no point did the guy I'd never seen wrestle before seem interchangeable with the other masked wrestlers I see on AEW.