Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Also a lot of places in Asia had VCDs for decades before there were DVDs, so while many people in Europe probably still split CDs and DVDs even if they'd regard splitting DVD+R and DVD-R as hair splitting, the same is generationally and culturally true elsewhere for 'shiny disc of about that size' and 'CD'.

*holds up pizza* LP

e: *points at Peugeot 204* Triumph 1300

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobstar
Feb 8, 2006

KartooshFace, you are not responding efficiently!

Tesseraction posted:

If the opposing goalkeeper is the one shooting the ball into your goal, either that guy is bullshit good or your team is dogshit bad.

You just reminded me of some football video game I played as a kid, where I did just that. Get the ball to my goalkeeper, and he hoofs it up in one massive arc into the other goal.

Can't remember what it was called now.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

TIL Malaysia is in South America

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

The Question IRL posted:

The date says today the 23rd of October. It was posted over in the Musk thread just now.

Ian Chung, the man Musk parrots is a South American guy who posts lots of information about America and American politics.

Not on "American Politics" as it pertains to the two continents. But the politics of the USA.
A country he does not live in, nor has he ever visited.

This man (allegedly) just lives in his home and has such (alleged) poor hygiene that it is (allegedly) often overrun by Ants. Allegedly.

And Elon Musk keeps signal boosting and agreeing with this guy all the time.

And he's saying that these days you'll be arrested and thrown in jail, just for saying you're English?

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Flag update:

I had one old guy come up to me in town to tell me "Those flags DO NOT go together!" before saying that the EU had condemned 'them'. I sadly forgot to record in 360 mode so only had the rear camera footage. I also need to get an adaptor to connect my external windsocked mic to this setup, but I genuinely wasn't expecting a bite on the first trip out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWp4FiAFwq8
:allears:

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

keep punching joe posted:

And he's saying that these days you'll be arrested and thrown in jail, just for saying you're English?

He is an expert on UK politics you see.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

History Comes Inside! posted:

TIL Malaysia is in South America
Weirdly related for the otherchat, it is for Blu-ray, but not for DVD, because of a perception at the time within the DVD lobby that if SE Asia shared a DVD region with anywhere else on earth every DVD would be on pirate VCD flooding that other region within a week.

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral

The Question IRL posted:

The date says today the 23rd of October. It was posted over in the Musk thread just now.
it's from a video of a guy holding a union jack being arrested at one of the solidarity with gaza marches a week or so back. right-wing social media frothed themselves up about it for a day or so and then dropped it when the plod clarified:

https://www.reuters.com/fact-check/london-protester-arrested-racist-comments-not-holding-union-jack-2023-10-16/

the twitter shithead is an outrage/monetized engagement merchant so he's probably just heard about it and is throwing poo poo out clicks regardless of age/veracity, and musk's a slackjawed puddinghead who'll believe anything he reads online so long as it's reactionary

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Got called racist with flegs earlier lads

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Guavanaut posted:

I'll have you know that "flegs" is a protected term and can only be used in the context of the Irish Whatchamacallit Thingy. :razzy:

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

Guavanaut posted:

This is a deep cut of brit posting.

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.

Guavanaut posted:

tell us what happened lad

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
is there a proper term for when scammers use bad spelling and grammar to weed out people who pay attention and leave themselves with a better chance of success?

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

I think the term is generally called "filtering" their victim pool.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Philtering

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Whatever it was called it's now called stong-arming.

e: lol it's still up
https://twitter.com/guardian/status/1405280153949720579

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Tesseraction posted:

I think the term is generally called "filtering" their victim pool.

Or self-selection to describe the act of offloading the labour of the process to the prospective target. Rather than trying to profile likely targets yourself you create a method for them to contact you contingent on their own susceptability to your method.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://www.middleeasteye.net/opinion/israel-palestine-war-labour-starmer-gaza-betrayal-leader-failing-shows

quote:

A poll conducted by YouGov found a clear majority 76 percent of all voters, and 89 percent of Labour voters, in favour of an immediate ceasefire. Only eight percent of voters and three percent of Labour said there should be none. Starmer’s position is backed by only one percent of his party.

quote:

I am told that non-Muslim members of the Parliamentary Labour Party are in "complete panic" over the scale of the response they are getting from mosques, community centres and the public. MPs are getting thousands of individually written emails, which is unheard of on a single issue.

There is so much anger in the community that mosques are refusing to see MPs. Lammy was allowed to go into one mosque, but he will want to quickly forget the reception he got.

For three hours last week, Lammy’s surgery phoneline was jammed with calls about Gaza. Another "blockade" of Lammy’s phone line is planned for next Tuesday.

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022

Just Another Lurker posted:

I'll have you know that "flegs" is a protected term and can only be used in the context of the Irish Whatchamacallit Thingy. :razzy:

Father Ted? Leave it to Mrs O'Brien? That show, you know the one?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Yeah this is the stong-arming in action, they thought they could tailor a reaction to a dozen psychos in a key marginal but left their real number on the mailshot.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
man gently caress this psychotic poo poo

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

The unconvincingly reanimated corpse of tonty blair rises again.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

Guavanaut posted:

Whatever it was called it's now called stong-arming.

e: lol it's still up
https://twitter.com/guardian/status/1405280153949720579

There is a twitter account Sir Ken Stonger KC... maybe it's Kieth's alter ego ;)

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

The lads at D:REAM releasing 'Things Can Never Get Better' on Spotify as the election results roll in.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/jalalayn/status/1715360592075125076

This was from when Lammy and Cooper were allowed to go into a mosque to discuss their party's stance on allowing for genocide and war crimes. It did not go well.

Endjinneer
Aug 17, 2005
Fallen Rib

cat botherer posted:

Dude triangulates more than a FEM mesh.

I for one appreciated this.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

fuctifino posted:

https://twitter.com/jalalayn/status/1715360592075125076

This was from when Lammy and Cooper were allowed to go into a mosque to discuss their party's stance on allowing for genocide and war crimes. It did not go well.

reconnecting with the muslim community by grimacing furious at them while looking like I'm reaching for my emergency handgun

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Endjinneer posted:

I for one appreciated this.

A FEM mesh sounds like a top worn to a goth party

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

cat botherer posted:

Dude triangulates more than a FEM mesh.

OK I had to google that because I thought you were referring to a treatment women get for certain gynaecological conditions.
Narrator: Reader, they weren't.

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022
Is now the time to change his slogan to Handle with Keir?

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...

smellmycheese posted:

In todays “Disingenuous Lying Tory Twat News”….

I mean it's nice for this walking pencil to want things, but it's 50% +1 vote or there will be ructions.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
50% +1 vote for things he likes, 105% + 6 votes for things he doesn't.

crispix posted:

that's got to be confusing for visiting glaswegian loyalists
On a similar note I'd like to see Cheong explain that the Union Flag that the racist was arrested while holding is "the same thing as the English flag really" to that group, as he is the international politics understander.

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.
Jesus loving christ, actual Nazi poo poo this and anyone who thinks it's antisemitic to say so can gently caress off

https://twitter.com/MiraHammad10/status/1716463373951315989?t=ebDWuY3mPNP_5G9DBPfIuw&s=19

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Have you considered that actually it's anti-Semitic to suggest the Holocaust is bad if it happens to Muslims?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

"Walking into a tribunal regarding someone being sexually inappropriate about trans people in a public forum with my bag full of hastily cut out girldick stickers is making people ask a lot of questions, already answered by..."

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

I can safely say that girldick does exist.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Initially parsed that as "gridlock" and had a brief moment of confusion as to whether this was some new conspiracy theory that traffic is made up by the government to put you in the fifteen minute city.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

[peter kay voice] I've tasted it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Girldick is real, strong, and my friend.