Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬

mannerup fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Nov 5, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FLIPADELPHIA
Apr 27, 2007

Heavy Shit
Grimey Drawer
"Here are some facts:

-lists a bunch of poo poo Republicans have done to gently caress up the country
-brown people "

A serious person, for sure.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

If something last happened in 1977, that’s not exactly relevant.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

McD's: Official sponsor of the 2023 GOP Speaker race

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

smackfu posted:

If something last happened in 1977, that’s not exactly relevant.

He says it was the ONLY time it happened, too, making it even less relevant.

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

"I'm Jack Frost, ho! Nice to meet ya, hee ho!"

mannerup posted:

now this is how you whip votes for speaker

FTR, since I don't think it has been mentioned in this thread, Hern used to own some McDonald Franchise, and goes really hard to bake it into his identity, with a nickname of "McCongressman"

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

MegaZeroX posted:

FTR, since I don't think it has been mentioned in this thread, Hern used to own some McDonald Franchise, and goes really hard to bake it into his identity, with a nickname of "McCongressman"

He gave himself that nickname didn't he?

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

mannerup posted:

Unironically it 100% is because all of these political fights are decided out by petty grievances and egos. Everything about the speaker election has been petty party grievances

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

"I'm Jack Frost, ho! Nice to meet ya, hee ho!"

BonoMan posted:

He gave himself that nickname didn't he?

He was originally given the nickname during his election bid in this article by the watchdog group The Frontier and it stuck

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

mannerup posted:

Being 2 years away from debt payments exceeding Defense Spending seems like the same type of magical floating number as how many years until Social Security/Medicare goes bankrupt. It's always just around the corner, and totally going to happen. Though at least this is one of the floating numbers it would be real cool to catch and surpass. Too bad we insist on continuing to fund Defense like Pearl Harbor happened last week.

Any word on if he's still trying to buy votes with McGriddles, or has he upped the offer to biscuits?

Bel Shazar
Sep 14, 2012

Gyges posted:

Being 2 years away from debt payments exceeding Defense Spending seems like the same type of magical floating number as how many years until Social Security/Medicare goes bankrupt. It's always just around the corner, and totally going to happen. Though at least this is one of the floating numbers it would be real cool to catch and surpass. Too bad we insist on continuing to fund Defense like Pearl Harbor happened last week.

Any word on if he's still trying to buy votes with McGriddles, or has he upped the offer to biscuits?

I think we all know the answer to this...

https://www.limaohio.com/features/lifestyle/2023/10/20/mcdonalds-to-bring-back-mcrib-in-november/

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos
Offering McDonalds cheeseburgers is insulting. I have never had a worse cheeseburger. I think I'd be less inclined to vote for someone who bought me one as a bribe.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Prism posted:

Offering McDonalds cheeseburgers is insulting. I have never had a worse cheeseburger. I think I'd be less inclined to vote for someone who bought me one as a bribe.

Mmm boy, bet those things were just fantastic hours later when they were delivered to their recipients. Yep, McDonalds cheeseburgers. World renowned for how well they maintain their freshness.

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

Vote for me please

:burger: :burger:

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013
Mcdonalds cheese burgers actually remain edible in the technical sense for a surprising amount of time, like you could go hiking for a few days with a sack full of them

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

OctaMurk posted:

Mcdonalds cheese burgers actually remain edible in the technical sense for a surprising amount of time, like you could go hiking for a few days with a sack full of them

Lots of things are technically edible that I would not like to be offered to eat.

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

How the gently caress am I supposed to vote for a speaker who's gonna half rear end it and not even hand out fries or nuggs?

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

You'd think he could've demonstrated his interest in budget-cutting by getting water cups, at least

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Say what you want about Kevin McCarthy, Steve Scalise, or Jim Jordan. None of them were so deranged as to offer a McDonalds hamburger to someone over 6 years old.

Jesus III
May 23, 2007
I know it's popular to poo poo on McDonalds, but that cheese burger is 1.59. At that price, it's a pretty tasty snack. Way better than a candy bar.

You're right about them being god awful cold.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Don't know why you're poopooing it, it's the best demonstration of fealty to their king.

Retro42
Jun 27, 2011

Gyges posted:

Say what you want about Kevin McCarthy, Steve Scalise, or Jim Jordan. None of them were so deranged as to offer a McDonalds hamburger to someone over 6 years old.

Every single one of them sucks but I'll at least give the guy a point for making the news with "cheap bastard giving millionaires a cheeseburger for a vote" instead of "wrestling rape scandal for Speaker part 2".

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

Jesus III
May 23, 2007

Retro42 posted:

Every single one of them sucks but I'll at least give the guy a point for making the news with "cheap bastard giving millionaires a cheeseburger for a vote" instead of "wrestling rape scandal for Speaker part 2".

Uh, two cheeseburgers. Total retail value, about 3.50

Jesus III
May 23, 2007

mannerup posted:

remember back in the day when they did the .29/.39 cent hamburger/cheeseburger deal and my family just buying a bag filled with them

1.60 for 300 calories is pretty good. I know this isn't healthy food, but it's filling. Although, is the cheeseburger all that bad? Looking at the cheeseburger, it's really just the fat and salt, but at those prices, might be one of your better options, at least from nutrients

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Gyges posted:

It's maddening to me because "fixing" social security is essentially as simple as eliminating the cap. Defense spending is equally frustrating because the entire model is centered around building things that murder people and destroy things and, once their built, someone needs to find a use for them. Hell, we've had things resembling clearance sales on the arms we manufacture basically because they sit around gathering dust otherwise.

But any attempt to look at if we really need all this poo poo is always framed as "gutting the military".

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

Kalli posted:

Don't know why you're poopooing it, it's the best demonstration of fealty to their king.

Ronald McDonald would be less of a clown than whoever they end up electing. Hell, Mayor McCheese has civic experience if that matters at this point.

Foxfire_
Nov 8, 2010

How expensive can your "think nicely of me" vote bribe be before it becomes reportable? A bag full of $100 bills is obviously out, is a $30 bag of breakfast tacos for you and your staff allowed?

Twincityhacker
Feb 18, 2011

Man, instead of spending ~$1,500 for cold cheeseburgers he could have gone the extra mile and attach his nonsense words to something shelf stable and representive of his home state like... IDK Triple AAA Root Beer.

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

"I think if there’s one thing we can all agree on it’s that Penn State and Michigan both suck and are garbage and it’s hilarious Michigan fans are freaking out thinking this is their natty window when they can’t even beat a B12 team in the playoffs lmao"
‘Here’s a bag of garbage that’s going to give you diarrhea, vote for me!’

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

i am a moron posted:

‘Here’s a bag of garbage that’s going to give you diarrhea, vote for me!’

Most politicians probably aren't goons and don't get a tummy ache from 200g of sweetened bread and minced beef patty

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

i am a moron posted:

‘Here’s a bag of garbage that’s going to give you diarrhea, vote for it!’

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Twincityhacker posted:

Man, instead of spending ~$1,500 for cold cheeseburgers he could have gone the extra mile and attach his nonsense words to something shelf stable and representive of his home state like... IDK Triple AAA Root Beer.

That would require him to actually care about his home state and well that sort of thing is beyond Republicans without a profit motive involved.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Eh, McDonalds burgers are... fine? They're kinda bland, boring foregettable, and the bare minimum for what should qualify as "food", so they seem to be the perfect representation of... uh... who are we talking about again?

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Randalor posted:

Eh, McDonalds burgers are... fine? They're kinda bland, boring foregettable, and the bare minimum for what should qualify as "food", so they seem to be the perfect representation of... uh... who are we talking about again?

Congress members. So yeah,

McDonald's:food:: Congress person: normal human

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

mannerup posted:

"earn free food"

how's it free if you have to earn it?

would not vote this guy

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Jesus III posted:

1.60 for 300 calories is pretty good. I know this isn't healthy food, but it's filling. Although, is the cheeseburger all that bad? Looking at the cheeseburger, it's really just the fat and salt, but at those prices, might be one of your better options, at least from nutrients

It's been forever since I had one, but I don't remember at any time in the past where I ate 1 Mccheeseburger and thought, "Yeah, that hit the spot". Snickers at least has millions of dollars of advertising convincing me of it's power as a good tasting hunger placebo.

Foxfire_
Nov 8, 2010

Note and bag of food seems like more of a morning thing to me? McDonald's breakfast is fine and keeps okayish. If I came in to work and somebody said "There's a bunch of sausage McMuffins and hash browns on the table", I'd eat some

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OPAONI
Jul 23, 2021

Twincityhacker posted:

Tell me more about AAAAAAAAA Root Beer. First in the phone book, is it?