Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Zogo posted:

Both of you have them losing in the WCF. Nobody has them making the finals.
oh i forgot i went all out with the hot take lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Victor Wembanyama shot 85% from the FT line in his preseason games. :eyepop:

Sons of NBA legends are taking over high school basketball: 'They have the blueprint'
https://sports.yahoo.com/sons-of-nba-legends-are-taking-over-high-school-basketball-they-have-the-blueprint-201829018.html

R.D. Mangles posted:

just remembered to get my Zogopoll in under the gun

Yes, I'm sure almost everyone has filled it out but here is the final reminder: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScFEdydj1CTppoWorCe_EMCSFvYzlBNLWFeXXXIyOjsvgLdWg/viewform

I will keep the poll open for at least a few days after the season starts. There are usually a couple voters who forget. But those voters will have an asterisk if they happen to finish with the highest score at the end of the season.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Those of us who submitted before the Dame trade should get bonus points 👀

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

I love the unspoken acknowledgment that the Wizardz will never not be terrible and Poole can look forward to a supermax contract from them in a few years when he's the only thing resembling a star on the team.

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man

pentyne posted:

I love the unspoken acknowledgment that the Wizardz will never not be terrible and Poole can look forward to a supermax contract from them in a few years when he's the only thing resembling a star on the team.

Ahem

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

The Ninth Layer posted:

Those of us who submitted before the Dame trade should get bonus points 👀

Agreed because I had the bucks winning it all even before then

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
If you're in the fanty league we're drafting in 1 hour at 8pm eastern on fantasy.espn! We also have a last minute opening if anyone wants to do an auction draft real quick! send me your email

Porfiriato
Jan 4, 2016

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

woof

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1716276067340587284

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Deni is one of my least favorite players in the league but he does hit a lot of shots when playing the Lakers and other big name teams.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

Was hoping they’d keep ish and waive this guy with bolX2

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized

Rick posted:

Deni is one of my least favorite players in the league but he does hit a lot of shots when playing the Lakers and other big name teams.

When he's 33 he'll have a run as a small ball five playing 18 mpg on a conference finals team that will trick everyone into thinking he was always good.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

I'm looking forward to having a mini meltdown every day the bulls don't re-sign Pat and then another meltdown if they re-sign him because it will probably be a very stupid amount of money.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Magics NFL tweets are just as spicy

https://twitter.com/MagicJohnson/status/1716233974371205457

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

R.D. Mangles posted:

I'm looking forward to having a mini meltdown every day the bulls don't re-sign Pat and then another meltdown if they re-sign him because it will probably be a very stupid amount of money.

Can't wait for Pat to like end up on the Spurs and turn into an all-star like Lauri

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man

tanglewood1420 posted:

When he's 33 he'll have a run as a small ball five playing 18 mpg on a conference finals team that will trick everyone into thinking he was always good.

When Avdija is 33 someone will write a long article about his defense like the one that got posted here last week about Caruso.

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.

I’d like to see a data visualization of winning percentage at point cutoffs for different sports. Like, what’s the number in basketball where you tend to win 90% of the time if you score that much

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

He's just like me, but with a lot more money

DJ_Mindboggler
Nov 21, 2013

illcendiary posted:

I’d like to see a data visualization of winning percentage at point cutoffs for different sports. Like, what’s the number in basketball where you tend to win 90% of the time if you score that much

Would make more sense as a season-to-season stat than over all time. Average football scores seem to have less variability over the years (though obviously way more game-to-game variance) than basketball scores.

But I too would be interested in seeing what's a 90% win chance score in each season.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Hey guys?

Basketball that counts is back tomorrow.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Lockback posted:

Hey guys?

you sure? i don’t see the celtics on the list

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

fart simpson posted:

you sure? i don’t see the celtics on the list

For the future it'll probably be easiest to find them by searching for
Prozingis: DNP- Injury"

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM

Lockback posted:

Hey guys?

In-Season tournament starting up already?

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

"I think if there’s one thing we can all agree on it’s that Penn State and Michigan both suck and are garbage and it’s hilarious Michigan fans are freaking out thinking this is their natty window when they can’t even beat a B12 team in the playoffs lmao"

Lockback posted:

For the future it'll probably be easiest to find them by searching for
Prozingis: DNP- Injury"

Lmao

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

dokmo posted:

When Avdija is 33 someone will write a long article about his defense like the one that got posted here last week about Caruso.

Old Peja was a highly effective defender back in the day because guys would just take lazy mid-range jumpers instead of attacking him or taking 3s. lol

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

You guys weren't kidding about Serrano and Concepcion it was like being tag teamed by garden gnomes

Chronicles
Oct 24, 2013

City Edition jerseys for all teams

They all suck

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
SAC, San Antonio, Toronto and Jazz only ones even close to being good

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

lol

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

I like the pinstriping on the Suns one, the theme is basically “Devin Booker’s cars”

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.
drat the Spurs Hemisfair one is nice

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

What do Millenial women and the Charlotte Hornets have in common

Their men couldn’t find the CLT and so it’s back to Buzz City

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

A rare piece of oddball memorabilia showed up on Ebay recently. It appears to be a some sort of a pitch book to either investors or some influential parties (edit: likely directly to Melo too) as part of a what was likely a greater presentation given in January 2011 by the New Jersey Nets. It seems to be geared towards the still unofficial, unapproved move to Brooklyn, but their vision for the team was basing the revived Brooklyn endeavor around Carmelo Anthony, who was on an expiring contract with Denver and rumors had him linked to the Nets and Knicks. A month later, he went to the latter on a sign-and-trade (along with Billups) and this part of the plan went into the dustbin of history.

ebay listing, item was sold

shyduck fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Oct 23, 2023

Chronicles
Oct 24, 2013

DC Murderverse posted:

lmao

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Oh COME ON

JUST BRING BACK THE loving RAINBOW

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

I like the boston* and NYK ones. The rest are pretty bad and the timberwolves one might be the worst

Actually that hardwood piping is weird but maybe looks better on a person

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet

DC Murderverse posted:

I hope Miles Bridges dates you.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Cavs jerseys inspired by a carpet?

Yeah whatever who cares anymore

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chronicles
Oct 24, 2013

Finally sent in my poll answers. Took me ages to decide who misses the playin in the west and who makes it in the east. Here are my (terrible, unwanted) predictions:

East:

1) Celtics
2) Bucks
3) Cavs
4) Knicks
5) Sixers
6) Hawks
7) Heat
8) Pacers

9) Raptors
10) Nets

11) Bulls