Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

epic bacon
Sep 19, 2022

the black helmets look like poo poo. that loss is karma for the bad helmets

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Big Q's House of Pancakes

Fun Shoe
I think the black helmets were the only good part of the uniform.

I feel the same. It's a regular season game in a lost season, and if the loss is legit whatever. Having the game just taken away for some bullshit just sucks.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Hopefully the colts have a high enough pick to draft a qb. Still not clear on why they used their first round pick on a running back this season

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe

Bismack Billabongo posted:

Hopefully the colts have a high enough pick to draft a qb. Still not clear on why they used their first round pick on a running back this season

I looked before this week, and the statistical models had the Colts drafting #12. I think they're gonna have to trade up to get MHJ.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
It’s fine. Everything is fine

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe
https://x.com/PFF/status/1716292454058512437?s=20

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

You can just replace his production with a rookie.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
it helps that he has a good qb throwing to him

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe

Codependent Poster posted:

You can just replace his production with a rookie.

Yeah, it's not like he'd have more yards in every game that the rookie has for the season or anything.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
Every titans fan itt and elsewhere agrees that was a stupid move, letting him go

I’m not sure if it was that or drafting Isiah Wilson that put us on the path to where we are but either way Jon Robinson ought not be allowed to pass into our state’s borders for the rest of his natural life

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
We should rehire JRob just so we can fire him again for that trade

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari
He did get one thing right though.

Big Jeff.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Intruder posted:

it helps that he has a good qb throwing to him

hell, he made tannehill look on the better side of mediocre

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Probably Magic posted:

hell, he made tannehill look on the better side of mediocre

No he didn't

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Metapod posted:

No he didn't

Not every game obviously (that playoff loss to the Bengals was horrendous) but the Titans went from a playoff team to decidedly not one, so some part of the Tanny/AJ connection must have worked.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

Soul Glo posted:

Every titans fan itt and elsewhere agrees that was a stupid move, letting him go

I’m not sure if it was that or drafting Isiah Wilson that put us on the path to where we are but either way Jon Robinson ought not be allowed to pass into our state’s borders for the rest of his natural life

to me it was definitely the Wilson miss that set us on the path to being losers. We hit on that pick and things might have panned out better.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Probably Magic posted:

Not every game obviously (that playoff loss to the Bengals was horrendous) but the Titans went from a playoff team to decidedly not one, so some part of the Tanny/AJ connection must have worked.

Half the team was on ir last year and they were in a win and in scenario with Josh dobbs as qb wtf are you talking about

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

The team's had injuries the entire time, Lewan wasn't healthy for years, but Brown and Tanny had a reliable connection that along with Henry managed to get them out of a lot of close games. Without Brown, Tanny's not found a reliable target (except NWI sometimes this year). One could argue that's more Brown's ability than Tanny's, but I'm not arguing Tanny is a good quarterback, just that Brown helped him. This would seem to be an uncontroversial take that you've decided is completely out of reality? Are you okay? Like, drat, the guy who helped get the Eagles to the Super Bowl might've helped the Titans too, wild and crazy thoughts here.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

I get that I say stupid, out of touch bullshit sometimes because I'm only half paying attention or am just being Kawalimus-style alarmist, but "AJ Brown was good and the Titans are worse without him" isn't one of those things, lol.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Probably Magic posted:

I get that I say stupid, out of touch bullshit sometimes because I'm only half paying attention or am just being Kawalimus-style alarmist, but "AJ Brown was good and the Titans are worse without him" isn't one of those things, lol.

You said the team went from decisively a playoff team to not one while ignoring all that happened last season and that tannehill was on the good side of mediocre. Don't move the goal post to "AJ Brown was good and the Titans are worse without him" lol

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
fellas,

big Jeff

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Metapod posted:

You said the team went from decisively a playoff team to not one while ignoring all that happened last season and that tannehill was on the good side of mediocre. Don't move the goal post to "AJ Brown was good and the Titans are worse without him" lol

I mean, if we're "ignoring all that happened last season," we're also ignoring that the AFC South was dogshit and the Titans still couldn't capitalize on that enough to get into the playoffs. You're blowing off the "Brown made Tanny look mediocre" and making it off like some grand defense of Tanny. It's not.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
Gonna cross post this from the NFCE thread if that's OK. Involves an epiphany I had watching the Jags v NO game on thursday

This past weekend I finally realized that I think I'm done with watching live NFL football. Thursday night really fertilized the seed because I'm trying to watch Jaguars v Saints and at least half of what I wound up watching were ads for beer, cars, medicine, fast food, etc. Or at least it felt like it. Last night's game was a similar experience.

There are just way WAY too many commercials to hold my interest for that long and many times, we get:

1. Offensive play, booth review, commercial
2. Play overturned, new play, end of quarter, commercial
3. 4th down now, successful FG, commercial
4. Kickoff, player down on the field, commercial
5. 3 plays, punt, TV timeout/commercial
6. 2 plays, two minute warning, commercial

It's horrible and no fun. Made me want to really scientifically measure how much time I was spending watching ads versus actually watching the game I enjoy so much. Almost always, what I do now is watch 20-30 minute recaps that show me everything I need to know or, if I really want to watch a live game, pause it and allow it to buffer then go back and watch a quarter where I FF the ads.

If I'm at a sports bar with my friends it's not as much of a big deal but I HATE advertising in almost every form and these broadcasts are polluted with it. People say baseball is slow (and it is) but most times I can at least watch an inning uninterrupted and the time between them is like 60-90 seconds or something.

Also, the continued failure to do anything about cleaning up the officiating detracts from the experience and often decides a game I've invested 3.5 hours into. I'm an Eagles fan but GTFO with the idea that we committed ZERO penalties last night. My job involves "refereeing" to a degree and not only am I rigorously trained to do it well, the emphasis is always on getting it right and I'm called out when I gently caress up or taken off certain "games". This past weekend in particular was a plethora of terrible officiating and it just goes on and on.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
I'm glad the Jaguars lost.

I'm glad because I'm not sure I would be able to hold myself to this decision if they had won.

I had an amazing seat for the game, and was perfectly placed to see the hit made on Trevor Bust. This is a kid who has been every bit the upstanding citizen, and builds schools in Haiti with his wealth. What I realized when I was asked to watch an ad for beer lower his eyes to the grass and drive the crown of his helmet through Trevor bust’s head over and over is that the NFL doesn't care at all about these people. I guess I always knew that but it really drove the point home.

The NFL reviewed the play to see whether their idiotic notion of what is and isn't a catch was held to. They reviewed the play to see whether Trevor Bust’s wrist touched the ground. They reviewed the play to see if he was able to hold on to a bit of leather as he lost consciousness. They forced us to watch ads for beer, cars, medicine, fast food, etc do exactly what they claim to be trying to prevent over twenty times. I finally came to terms with the fact that the reason the NFL doesn't make a more serious effort to enforce these penalties is because they don't give a drat about Trevor Bust. As I watched fans throw cans and bottles at the officials I realized that had more to do with the colors on the uniforms than the fact that that one hit will almost certainly have a major impact on the kid's life. I like the team because I like the players.

Ads for beer, cars, medicine, fast food, etc don’t give a poo poo about personal fouls because they're called arbitrarily, and until the NFL makes personal fouls reviewable I am not consuming another second of football. I should stop outright regardless, but I love the game. I will miss chatting with y'all but I can't justify following a sport that has such flagrant disregard for the welfare of its players. I'll see y'all in other subforums.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

BiggerBoat posted:

Gonna cross post this from the NFCE thread if that's OK. Involves an epiphany I had watching the Jags v NO game on thursday

This past weekend I finally realized that I think I'm done with watching live NFL football. Thursday night really fertilized the seed because I'm trying to watch Jaguars v Saints and at least half of what I wound up watching were ads for beer, cars, medicine, fast food, etc. Or at least it felt like it. Last night's game was a similar experience.

There are just way WAY too many commercials to hold my interest for that long and many times, we get:

1. Offensive play, booth review, commercial
2. Play overturned, new play, end of quarter, commercial
3. 4th down now, successful FG, commercial
4. Kickoff, player down on the field, commercial
5. 3 plays, punt, TV timeout/commercial
6. 2 plays, two minute warning, commercial

It's horrible and no fun. Made me want to really scientifically measure how much time I was spending watching ads versus actually watching the game I enjoy so much. Almost always, what I do now is watch 20-30 minute recaps that show me everything I need to know or, if I really want to watch a live game, pause it and allow it to buffer then go back and watch a quarter where I FF the ads.

If I'm at a sports bar with my friends it's not as much of a big deal but I HATE advertising in almost every form and these broadcasts are polluted with it. People say baseball is slow (and it is) but most times I can at least watch an inning uninterrupted and the time between them is like 60-90 seconds or something.

Also, the continued failure to do anything about cleaning up the officiating detracts from the experience and often decides a game I've invested 3.5 hours into. I'm an Eagles fan but GTFO with the idea that we committed ZERO penalties last night. My job involves "refereeing" to a degree and not only am I rigorously trained to do it well, the emphasis is always on getting it right and I'm called out when I gently caress up or taken off certain "games". This past weekend in particular was a plethora of terrible officiating and it just goes on and on.
I watch on my computer. I watch Redzone on Sunday afternoons and mainly just watch that, but sometimes also play a slow paced videogame. For TNF, SNF, and MNF, whenever I watch, I watch at my computer and play videogames while doing it because gently caress commercials. If I can watch with people, great, but with a toddler and a newborn on the way I have accepted my fate.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Bismack Billabongo posted:

I'm glad the Jaguars lost.

I'm glad because I'm not sure I would be able to hold myself to this decision if they had won.

Jaguars won though? I know your Titans suck right now but I gotta ask: You doing OK?

BiggerBoat fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Oct 23, 2023

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Big jeff

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Byard to Eagles for a 2024 5th and a 2024 6th, and a Safety

Here we go

Go get a ring, bud :shobon:

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
I am not watching this team anymore lol

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

He ain’t gonna be the only trade. Byard is smoke from a fire sale.

Imagine Kristian Fulton, Derrick Henry and others are headed out too.

Tanny should have been, the injury might have ruined that equity.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Glad they got something for him but this sucks dick

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Tear this poo poo down to the foundation of Big Jeff and our recent draft picks. Sell anything not nailed down, imo.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
A 5TH AND 6TH FOR BYARD, ARE YOU loving KIDDING ME

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Hope the eagles win it all for byard and ARTHUR JUAN

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Demon Of The Fall posted:

A 5TH AND 6TH FOR BYARD, ARE YOU loving KIDDING ME

Yeah the return on that trade is offensive. Ran Carthon where ya head at

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Byard has been pretty bad by his standards this season and got jerked around by management so I’m glad they will able to move him. The team needs as many picks as they can get

Bismack Billabongo fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Oct 23, 2023

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Two picks and a 2018 first rounder that started every game for like four years with the Stillers (and multiple starts this year with the Iggles) seems like okay compensation for a 30 year old that was clearly at odds with management and has regressed, despite how much I like him :shrug:

Kevin Byard rules and is likely a future hall of famer, just being realistic here.

e: also clears $19m next year in cap, per radio.

Soul Glo fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Oct 23, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mega64
May 23, 2008

loving sucks, Byard owned with us, but it looks like the writing's on the wall. Time to go for the rebuild.

Eagles better loving win one for Brown and Byard.