Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dads friend steve
Dec 24, 2004

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

2002 politics were lovely enough the first time; we don't need a sequel.

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

Uncle Wemus posted:

Why do they hate Iran So much

we expect countries we coup to stay couped

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Uncle Wemus posted:

everything is broken and nobody knows how to or is even trying to fix it so may as well try to distract people with an old fashioned war

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

spacemang_spliff posted:

Barfjack Obamnaman

Bojack Hoboman

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Sunni Shia comrades

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Honky Mao posted:

Watch Brandon start another war

Can't think of a better metaphor than Brandon starting a war with Iran then dying

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011

Uncle Wemus posted:

Its funny cause for the longest time Iranians were considered the westernized Middle Easterners considering their ties to France and the USA before the revolution, the ties to whiteness were severed once Islam became prominent and all the incidents in the 80s. Like most of these old foagies where in government during the 80s where Iran was like the big bad then it kind of was pushed to the side until 9/11 then it was forgotten about then now its back again.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 20 days!)

hitting the snooze button on the war with Iran

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

I mean gently caress them for making stuff up to start another war, but double gently caress them for not even having the decency to change the script from last time.

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Cry Havoc and let slip the Hogs of War

Uncle Wemus posted:

oil I guess

DiscountDildos
Nov 8, 2017

https://x.com/Seamus_Malek/status/1716557951652266339?s=20

lol and dti

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

"Cóż, wygląda na to, że zostaliśmy łaskawie oszczędzeni trudu decydowania o własnym losie. Jakże uprzejme z ich strony, że przearanżowali Europę bez kłopotu naszego zdania!"

Death By The Blues posted:

Breaking now but its apparently multiple bases being attacked simultaneously in both Syria and Iraq and one has at least bypassed their defences. The largest attack so far.

That's hilarious

text editor
Jan 8, 2007
Looks like Israel is doing that "we captured a phone call" bit again with that Hamas terror reel they are showing to journalists
https://www.timesofisrael.com/idf-shows-foreign-press-raw-hamas-bodycam-videos-of-murder-torture-decapitation/

quote:

In the second segment, captured through a call recording application on a victim’s phone, a different son reaches out to a different father. “Dad, I killed 10 with my bare hands,” the terrorist excitedly tells his father in Gaza. “Their blood is on my hands, let me speak to Mom.”

“Please be proud of me, Dad,” he adds.

Identified by his father as Mahmoud, the terrorist says he is calling his family from the phone of a Jewish woman he’s just murdered, and implores them to check his WhatsApp messages for further documentation.
So does Israel install spyware on every citizen's phone to capture all audio? Or is this as fake as it sounds?

Another bit from the media presentation

quote:

Among the still images included in the raw footage reel were ...and several Islamic State flags that the military said were found in Israel.

Speaking to the press corps, Israel Defense Forces Spokesman Rear Admiral Daniel Hagari said that Israel has been identifying Hamas with Islamic State (or ISIS) since October 7 primarily because of the Gaza-based terror group’s methods.

“When we say Hamas is ISIS, it’s not a branding effort,” said Hagari.

“We say ISIS in the sense of — [Hamas’s] media elements, cruelty, and barbarism are ISIS elements,” he said. He also noted “the guidance of manuscripts”
found on killed and captured Hamas terrorists, the primary force of which was from the group’s Nukhba commando unit.

“It’s this idea that they would take all measures, [even] against Islam, to not allow the existence of Israelis, wherever they are, [including] Bedouins, Arab Israelis, foreigners,” Hagari said.

edit:

It's worth pointing out that this:
-Aims to suggest the militants were the type of youngins' trying to impress mom and pop
-Tries to tie Hamas to ISIS

text editor has issued a correction as of 22:07 on Oct 23, 2023

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

lol this doesn't even have any enforcement power. you can just change your mind

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

"Cóż, wygląda na to, że zostaliśmy łaskawie oszczędzeni trudu decydowania o własnym losie. Jakże uprzejme z ich strony, że przearanżowali Europę bez kłopotu naszego zdania!"

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Oh they let Harris be in a photo
that seems rare

That's nice that they let her participate occasionally.

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
I mean are we forgetting how demonized Iran was in the 80s? Most of these politicians still living in the Reagan era in their mind, like finally ticking it off their bucket list before they die in office

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

text editor posted:

So does Israel install spyware on every citizen's phone to capture all audio? Or is this as fake as it sounds?

it's obviously fake, israel lies all the time

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Please welcome your new thread IK, really queer Christmas

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

Business Gorillas posted:

Can't think of a better metaphor than Brandon starting a war with Iran then dying

The only poetic end to his 50+ year long career is him dying in like September 2024 with his legacy having been making the world an inarguably worse place and not even being coherent enough to realize it.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Vox Nihili posted:

what happened to the old one?

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

But have you considered whether the child murdered by the driver of that truck was riding an oversized bike?!?! Children riding oversized bikes are the scourge of our roadways!!

Uncle Wemus posted:

In America's collective mind they never really exacted sufficient retribution upon Iran for the hostage thing. The national drive for vengeance as a response to momentary humiliation was the seed that allowed them to rationalize the destruction of Iraq and Libya. Not a great situation if you're into recognizing patterns!

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Vox Nihili posted:

good choice.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

RC Cola posted:

now there are two of them!

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
If that briefing is being delayed "for votes" that presumably either means that they're going to try to elect a Speaker again or they're going to let Patrick pretend he's the Speaker for the purpose of passing Biden's border/Ukraine/Israel/WAR funding bill.

Mandoric
Mar 15, 2003

Homeless Friend posted:

lol this doesn't even have any enforcement power. you can just change your mind

This gotcha poo poo is usually under the logic that if you do change your mind, your visa/citizenship was obtained under false pretenses and out you go straight from "on the street a couple blocks away from a rally" to the airport.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Joementum posted:

If that briefing is being delayed "for votes" that presumably either means that they're going to try to elect a Speaker again or they're going to let Patrick pretend he's the Speaker for the purpose of passing Biden's border/Ukraine/Israel/WAR funding bill.

They've got 9 "candidates" that are going to be bandying about in the caucus conference for votes tomorrow and the assumption is that one of those bozos is gonna get voted in tomorrow after that

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

RC Cola posted:

i sleep when the burgers are most active

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

Mandoric posted:

This gotcha poo poo is usually under the logic that if you do change your mind, your visa/citizenship was obtained under false pretenses and out you go straight from "on the street a couple blocks away from a rally" to the airport.

yeah that's a fun way to gently caress with permanent residents but it doesn't really work on citizens

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

HallelujahLee posted:

i vaguely recall the entire iraqi parliament voted to have the us leave iraq and like usual the us said no

I know they've done this at least once - shortly after the Soleimani assassination - but I also recall other instances as well. Point stands, to the surprise of no one who actually pays attention the US has zero regard for other countries' sovereignty,

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Zodium posted:

i sleep when the burgers are most active

I am a garbage burger thank you for your service

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Loucks posted:

All settlers are combatants.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

They've got 9 "candidates" that are going to be bandying about in the caucus conference for votes tomorrow and the assumption is that one of those bozos is gonna get voted in tomorrow after that

to borrow a football analogy re: quarterbacks

when you have 9 candidates for speaker, you have no candidates for speaker

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.
when zodium is asleep it’s

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

atelier morgan posted:

we expect countries we coup to stay couped

School grade logic. Much like some people think that any rules or laws once changed won't then change again.

Fansy
Feb 26, 2013

I GAVE LOWTAX COOKIE MONEY TO CHANGE YOUR STUPID AVATAR GO FUCK YOURSELF DUDE
Grimey Drawer
anyone have a link to the video where the Israeli official is talking about how inhumane the hostages are being treated while holding hte photo of the smiling grandma with an AK

edit: nm found it

Al-Saqr posted:

Israel shows evidence of a horrific and unspeakable crime against humanity committed by Hamas.

https://twitter.com/abdul_now/status/1715469950213595264?s=20

Fansy has issued a correction as of 22:19 on Oct 23, 2023

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

DancingShade posted:

School grade logic. Much like some people think that any rules or laws once changed won't then change again.

I was promised that this is the end of history and everything is going to just be more and better john stewarts and barack obamas singing in harmony forever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malleum
Aug 16, 2014

Am I the one at fault? What about me is wrong?
Buglord

PoontifexMacksimus posted:

Would be interested to learn more about this...

the reparations payments are not exclusively done by the israeli government afaik, its a whole ecosystem of private companies and charities all shaking down the german government for money alongside israel. and like any private system, its just a constant deluge of fraud and embezzlement

https://www.jta.org/2007/10/25/default/lawyer-convicted-of-embezzling-holocaust-claims
https://www.jpost.com/diaspora/holocaust-claims-conference-fraud-likely-much-higher-than-57-million-408298
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-holocaust-fraud/u-s-charges-17-in-42-million-scam-of-holocaust-victims-idUKTRE6A856320101109

the israeli government does negotiations with germany separately for direct aid but its distributed exactly like how one would imagine

https://web.archive.org/web/2022092...eb-7f8f181c0000

quote:

According to the Claims Conference, from January 2023 the total budget for home-care hours for survivors around the world who are dependent on such services will rise by 130 million euros. Of this, 60 million shekels will be allocated to increase the Israeli budget for these services. “
The German and Israeli ministers also resolved to deepen the professional relationship and to advance a strategic program to commemorate the Holocaust around the world, amid a decline in knowledge of the Holocaust in Europe as well as recent surveys showing that one out of three Germans holds negative views toward Israel. An agreement was signed funding 25 million euros for Holocaust education in 2023, 30 million euros in 2024 and 35 million euros in 2025.
equal budgets for reparations and a bunch of outreach by fascists to make you forget that theyre doing their own holocaust