Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/jdpoc/status/1716439211480432848

:guillotine:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

OwlFancier posted:

Initially parsed that as "gridlock" and had a brief moment of confusion as to whether this was some new conspiracy theory that traffic is made up by the government to put you in the fifteen minute city.

My brain thought it said McGoldrick at first glance, regional word assumptions. :confused:

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting

lol ffs

need I ask starmers view on this?

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

NotJustANumber99 posted:

lol ffs

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral

NotJustANumber99 posted:

lol ffs

Labour officially expressed ‘concern’ about it

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

ItohRespectArmy posted:

I can safely say that girldick does exist.

There's extensive documentary evidence

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022

Not the Chelseaest of Majors, wishing, sadly, they were John, the Anti-Mark.

He is the weirdest of gently caress. Simultaneously, nup, while still hoving into view the hoving into view gently caress, woo.

Be told about that last comma.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

OwlFancier posted:

Initially parsed that as "gridlock" and had a brief moment of confusion as to whether this was some new conspiracy theory that traffic is made up by the government to put you in the fifteen minute city.

/Lilt man voice It's total girldick, man!

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
lobsters on south beach! :cool:

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Tesseraction posted:

reconnecting with the muslim community by grimacing furious at them while looking like I'm reaching for my emergency handgun

I know from experience that sitting with hands in pockets is a slam dunk "I'm not listening nor give a poo poo"

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Guavanaut posted:

"Walking into a tribunal regarding someone being sexually inappropriate about trans people in a public forum with my bag full of hastily cut out girldick stickers is making people ask a lot of questions, already answered by..."

Maybe they'll find them at the XXXclusive

Quelle surprise that landlords are enormous cunts and the majority of MPs are said cunts. I'm fortunate to rent off someone who's not a predatory rear end in a top hat, but I still don't like them having this power regardless.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

NoneMoreNegative posted:

/Lilt man voice It's total girldick, man!

With parties unable to come to an agreement, Congress is girldicked

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Tesseraction posted:

Have you considered that actually it's anti-Semitic to suggest the Holocaust is bad if it happens to Muslims?

Many Likud supporters would tell you that it's anti-Semitic to suggest that anyone who wasn't Jewish died in the Holocaust.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

.... while most people forget that the Nazi Holocaust started with the disabled through the Aktion T4 program

e: I forgot my main point, in that I'm purposefully using the word Holocaust when describing what's currently happening to the Palestinians, because that's exactly what it is.

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Oct 24, 2023

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Diet Crack posted:

Quelle surprise that landlords are enormous cunts and the majority of MPs are said cunts.

It’s absolutely bizarre reading the BBC comments on this story, the number of people who have deluded themselves into thinking landlords are “providing a service” is incredible.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Jedit posted:

Many Likud supporters would tell you that it's anti-Semitic to suggest that anyone who wasn't Jewish died in the Holocaust.

viz Baddiel kicking off about a GRT organisation having a day mourning the Roma who died in the Holocaust.

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

Dead Goon posted:

Thank you for this, I have also read 'The Ethnic Cleansing of Palestine' by the same author and found it to be very well written.

I’d just mention that you should read Ilan Pappe with a little critically. Of the Israeli New Historians, he’s the one that’s come away with a reputation for sometimes doing research/translations which are a bit sloppy. The general thrust of his books will generally be good but he sometimes is allegedly wrong on specifics and might overreach himself in his arguments. Still, better than Benny Morris who has basically leaned into “Sure, this is evidence of Israel doing ethnic cleansing but in this case ethnic cleaning was totally justified because we’re doing it and we’re the good guys”.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Runcible Cat posted:

viz Baddiel kicking off about a GRT organisation having a day mourning the Roma who died in the Holocaust.

They died WITH Holocaust, not OF Holocaust.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

team overhead smash posted:

I’d just mention that you should read Ilan Pappe with a little critically. Of the Israeli New Historians, he’s the one that’s come away with a reputation for sometimes doing research/translations which are a bit sloppy. The general thrust of his books will generally be good but he sometimes is allegedly wrong on specifics and might overreach himself in his arguments. Still, better than Benny Morris who has basically leaned into “Sure, this is evidence of Israel doing ethnic cleansing but in this case ethnic cleaning was totally justified because we’re doing it and we’re the good guys”.

Noted, thank you.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

OwlFancier posted:

The way you know a girl is trans is because she can't read "gridlock" correctly, but I hadn't realized that the obverse is also true

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Girldick gridlock. More likely than u think.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
The kart game successor to glincel getting bothered by beavers.

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022
How much girldick could a gridlock lock if a gridlock could lock girldick?

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Depends on the intersectionality of the intersection

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Tesseraction posted:

They died WITH Holocaust, not OF Holocaust.

That's literally it. There are some full on Holocaust deniers who say that only Jews died in the camps, but as I'm given to understand it the more widespread attitude is that while non-Jewish people did die, the term Holocaust specifically refers to the extermination of Jews and other victimised groups weren't part of it.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
I thought the differentiation was 'shoah' Jewish victims / 'holocaust' all victims?

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

The term Shoah only applies to Jewish victims yeah, but there's been a lot of work done in particularly recent times to say the entire Holocaust only had Jewish victims.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

My poor taste jokes aside it really is disgusting how far we have come from saying "never again."

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022
Tell that never again poo poo to the peoples of East Timor, Rwanda, Myanmar, et cetera.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

It's not really a settled definition; shoah and final solution always refer exclusively to the extermination of the Jews, but Holocaust is used by some people to mean the Jews and others to mean everyone the Nazis targeted for extermination. Others refer to the Nazi genocide or genocides. Some people object to Holocaust on the basis that it's origins carry an implication of sacredness that is about as far from Nazi intentions, Jewish experiences, or theological soundness as it's possible to get.

Just gotta go by contexts.

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face
Sorry to bust in out of nowhere with a shameless plug, but if any London-area goons would fancy seeing a one-man theatre show about neurodiversity created by a majority neurodivergent team, my wife (autistic + ADHD) has been working on this - https://www.omnibus-clapham.org/invisible-animal/

Its been in development for 4 years, she says it's very slick and Tom is charismatic and it has had 5* reviews but ticket sales are shocking and it's only running until 4th Nov, so please come. 60 mins long, fully accessible, and she has a discount at the bar. I'll be there on Sunday or if you book any other night PM me and I'll hook you up

That's about it, I know a good amount of goons are neurodivergent and/or gender nonconforming and this would be an extremely welcoming space for you but it should be enjoyable for everyone. I'm excited to see it!

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Monica Bellucci posted:

Tell that never again poo poo to the peoples of East Timor, Rwanda, Myanmar, et cetera.

Well exactly - I wasn't trying to imply this is the first time. Britain in particular has so much blood on its hands both before and after WW2.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Tesseraction posted:

My poor taste jokes aside it really is disgusting how far we have come from saying "never again."

Much like how remembrance day turned into war Christmas, "Never again" meant "never to us again" about five minutes after it was first said.

Desiderata
May 25, 2005
Go placidly amid the noise and haste...
I'm not sure if my old age is showing, or if Mandela effect, but I swear I was taught in school GCSE history that the Holocaust was like 16 million dead and the Shoah was the explicitly Jewish 6 million of that total, with some very specific lessons on both the different death and work camps and all the different peoples (and all the bureaucratic series of armband symbols and genetic liniage charts therein) that were sent there. I remember being really effected by the horror of it as a child.

Was my school different? (I assume the Holocaust curriculum component would be pretty strict and uniform). Or has the definition really slowly changed in the last 30 years? If Holocaust really just means the Jewish part of the mass murderer... What's the right name for the other 10+ million dead that were standing along side them with a different armband on?

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

I remember responding to someone saying Remembrance Day by shouting "War Christmas!" without thinking about how those colleagues felt about it, luckily they laughed in agreement.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Desiderata posted:

I'm not sure if my old age is showing, or if Mandela effect, but I swear I was taught in school GCSE history that the Holocaust was like 16 million dead and the Shoah was the explicitly Jewish 6 million of that total, with some very specific lessons on both the different death and work camps and all the different peoples (and all the bureaucratic series of armband symbols and genetic liniage charts therein) that were sent there. I remember being really effected by the horror of it as a child.

Was my school different? (I assume the Holocaust curriculum component would be pretty strict and uniform). Or has the definition really slowly changed in the last 30 years? If Holocaust really just means the Jewish part of the mass murderer... What's the right name for the other 10+ million dead that were standing along side them with a different armband on?

I don't really remember much of what I was taught about WW2, other than having it hammered home that Genocide Is Bad.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Tesseraction posted:

I don't really remember much of what I was taught about WW2, other than having it hammered home that Genocide Is Bad.

Clearly they should have hammered it more

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Desiderata posted:

My GCSE history was mostly about WW1 and like the Chartists or something, I don't remember anything post 1918 coming up at all :shrug:

Granted I'm older than most people itt, this would have been, what, 1992 or something.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
For some reason I remember colouring maps to do with WW1 battlefields. I'm not sure how that helped exactly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

feedmegin posted:

My GCSE history was mostly about WW1 and like the Chartists or something, I don't remember anything post 1918 coming up at all :shrug:

Granted I'm older than most people itt, this would have been, what, 1992 or something.

I don't know if 1992 is too early to learn about WW2 mate