Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes

Small Strange Bird posted:

A dumb joke from my childhood finally becomes fake-real: the justly forgotten yet unaccountably long-running cop show, Hodgson & Tooler!

Beginning in the mid-70s in the wake of tough-cop movies and shows like Dirty Harry, Kojak, Starsky & Hutch and Mitchell, Hodgson & Tooler starred Lance Clinntock and Debbie MacCue as the titular mismatched police officers. Executive meddling and Clinntock's limited acting ability and numerous substance addictions saw the show swing wildly in tone; a running joke in Hollywood was that there was not a new bandwagon that the show wouldn't leap upon from week to week. But for some reason, possibly MacCue's satin wardrobe which made her the fourth most popular pin-up in America in both 1975 and '77, it was popular enough to be renewed season after season. (MacCue hated her costumes and the overt sexualization of her character, but was trapped on the show due to an expired work visa; she was actually Australian and had to adopt a fake Arkansas accent for the entire run to avoid the attention of the INS.)

As the show continued into the 1980s, it lost all sight of its originally intended gritty tone and instead stole cues from other (more) popular shows like Knight Rider, Miami Vice and Remington Steele. It was in this period that its most notorious episode aired: 'A Million Magic Crystals' saw Hodgson and Tooler trapped in a booby-trapped drugs warehouse, forcing Hodgson to consume two full kilos of pure cocaine to deactivate a time-bomb. Clinntock, at the height of his narcotics addiction, eagerly performed the action as required, but was unaware that the cocaine in the scene was fake and was hospitalized for two weeks with flour-clogged nasal passages.

The success of Moonlighting brought a hurried revamp for the show, cranking up the sexual tension between Hodgson and Tooler to a level that even the talented yet under-utilized MacCue, who loathed Clinntock with the intensity of a thousand blazing suns, could not successfully carry off. It was during this period, when the producers were desperately throwing in every gimmick imaginable to maintain audience interest (pro wrestling! Beach patrol! Vampires!), that a guest appearance by up-and-coming underground comedian 'Eager' Beaver Pippin as a fast-talking alien proved popular enough to bring about the show's final incarnation...

The final half-season before cancellation saw the leads transported into the future by a magical amulet to continue their work in a new milieu, the show being retitled Hodgson & Tooler: Space Cops. However, this was a shift too far even for the dwindling remaining viewers, and plunging ratings saw it brought to an abrupt end. The final episode shot was never broadcast due to a copyright infringement lawsuit by 20th Century Fox, after which all film, negatives, scripts and props connected to it were incinerated; only a single Polaroid taken by a studio visitor survives.

I love this, the only thing your background is missing is a reference to a final reveal that the whole show was a dream by an autistic boy like St Elsewhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Sphere
Jun 16, 2018

code:
ULTRA technical looking robot with many fiberoptic cables connecting to a gigantic brain with eyes. futuristic. photorealistic.

code:
giant cube where the interior and exterior is a maze made out of indoor swimming pools, tubes, slides, and semi-transparent rooms made out of epoxy

Good Sphere fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Oct 24, 2023

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Good Sphere posted:

code:
giant cube where the interior and exterior is a maze made out of indoor swimming pools, tubes, slides, and semi-transparent rooms made out of epoxy

Unsure if this looks fun or terrifying. I know I'd probably die in it, but that doesn't sway me either way.

Some weird environments:

LazyDivey
Jun 18, 2004

Orange crush momma is a laugh laugh laugh.

I like typing in gibberish to see what the AI comes up with. Apparently, this is what a flibbered sklipapoot dancing with a ruppened chost looks like.

80s Courtroom drama entitled "Not Without My Legbones" with a crusty Hibbityjibs and Eustice Carol dressed as a smork.

A new hit action movie starring Hendall Fishersnitch and a crumpled up Cookychoo as they take on the army of the Blorkborks

80s kids cartoon entitled Muscleman Man and the Defenders of the pile of garbage at the end of the streetcorner that no one will clean up

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Small Strange Bird posted:

A dumb joke from my childhood finally becomes fake-real: the justly forgotten yet unaccountably long-running cop show, Hodgson & Tooler!

Beginning in the mid-70s in the wake of tough-cop movies and shows like Dirty Harry, Kojak, Starsky & Hutch and Mitchell, Hodgson & Tooler starred Lance Clinntock and Debbie MacCue as the titular mismatched police officers. Executive meddling and Clinntock's limited acting ability and numerous substance addictions saw the show swing wildly in tone; a running joke in Hollywood was that there was not a new bandwagon that the show wouldn't leap upon from week to week. But for some reason, possibly MacCue's satin wardrobe which made her the fourth most popular pin-up in America in both 1975 and '77, it was popular enough to be renewed season after season. (MacCue hated her costumes and the overt sexualization of her character, but was trapped on the show due to an expired work visa; she was actually Australian and had to adopt a fake Arkansas accent for the entire run to avoid the attention of the INS.)

As the show continued into the 1980s, it lost all sight of its originally intended gritty tone and instead stole cues from other (more) popular shows like Knight Rider, Miami Vice and Remington Steele. It was in this period that its most notorious episode aired: 'A Million Magic Crystals' saw Hodgson and Tooler trapped in a booby-trapped drugs warehouse, forcing Hodgson to consume two full kilos of pure cocaine to deactivate a time-bomb. Clinntock, at the height of his narcotics addiction, eagerly performed the action as required, but was unaware that the cocaine in the scene was fake and was hospitalized for two weeks with flour-clogged nasal passages.

The success of Moonlighting brought a hurried revamp for the show, cranking up the sexual tension between Hodgson and Tooler to a level that even the talented yet under-utilized MacCue, who loathed Clinntock with the intensity of a thousand blazing suns, could not successfully carry off. It was during this period, when the producers were desperately throwing in every gimmick imaginable to maintain audience interest (pro wrestling! Beach patrol! Vampires!), that a guest appearance by up-and-coming underground comedian 'Eager' Beaver Pippin as a fast-talking alien proved popular enough to bring about the show's final incarnation...

The final half-season before cancellation saw the leads transported into the future by a magical amulet to continue their work in a new milieu, the show being retitled Hodgson & Tooler: Space Cops. However, this was a shift too far even for the dwindling remaining viewers, and plunging ratings saw it brought to an abrupt end. The final episode shot was never broadcast due to a copyright infringement lawsuit by 20th Century Fox, after which all film, negatives, scripts and props connected to it were incinerated; only a single Polaroid taken by a studio visitor survives.

Don't forget the PC game that came out way too late:

Gashroom
Jul 13, 2005

WhiteHowler posted:

Every so often I'll feed a random song lyric into an AI image generator and see what pops out.

'be quick or be dead' gave me a speed-skating Eddie

And then whatever the hell this is:

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Spoke Lee
Dec 31, 2004

chairizard lol
Anyone know anything about making a model of your own voice? Is there something like SD I can run myself? I have a progressive disability and it's starting to effect my speech. I have a youtube project I'm working on with a friend but I have to solve this first.

Gashroom
Jul 13, 2005

Spoke Lee posted:

Anyone know anything about making a model of your own voice? Is there something like SD I can run myself? I have a progressive disability and it's starting to effect my speech. I have a youtube project I'm working on with a friend but I have to solve this first.
https://elevenlabs.io/voice-cloning is probably one of the better ones... not free, but it's cheap to try out with the starter tier.

If you want open source, you could experiment with TortoiseTTS, but if you want to save time I'd try with elevenlabs first to see if voice cloning fits your purpose.

Sonderval
Sep 10, 2011

Spoke Lee
Dec 31, 2004

chairizard lol

Gashroom posted:

https://elevenlabs.io/voice-cloning is probably one of the better ones... not free, but it's cheap to try out with the starter tier.

If you want open source, you could experiment with TortoiseTTS, but if you want to save time I'd try with elevenlabs first to see if voice cloning fits your purpose.

Thank you so much.

KwegiboHB
Feb 2, 2004

nonconformist art brut
Negative prompt: amenable, compliant, docile, law-abiding, lawful, legal, legitimate, obedient, orderly, submissive, tractable
Steps: 32, Sampler: DPM++ 2M Karras, CFG scale: 11, Seed: 520244594, Size: 512x512, Model hash: 99fd5c4b6f, Model: seekArtMEGA_mega20

Spoke Lee posted:

Voice cloning: https://github.com/serp-ai/bark-with-voice-clone
Singing: https://github.com/svc-develop-team/so-vits-svc

Elevenlabs is still the gold standard in quality but the above links can be run free and locally like SD can. I still haven't messed with audio gen as I'm too busy trying to merge chatbots and SD models together lol.

Spoke Lee
Dec 31, 2004

chairizard lol
Are there any live models you can use with your own clone? Like a voice changer.

Sonderval
Sep 10, 2011

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

Good Sphere posted:

code:

I love these.

:haw: I was trying to recreate a scene from an old game and Bing wasn't having it because there was a wounded person in it. So I changed the prompt to 'an actor pretending to be injured covered in fake blood', and through it went!

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

Spoke Lee posted:

I've mentioned the free open source Pinokio app before with its voice manipulation plugins, though it's probably dissimilar to how kohya_ss trains on top of existing SD checkpoints, so you'll have to read the docs. Regardless, you can get them from the app's Discovery tab and see if they help with your project.

KwegiboHB posted:

as I'm too busy trying to merge chatbots and SD models together lol.

Speaking of advanced natural language prompting (for animating in Stable Diffusion), I ended up cramming a huge list of D&D wildcards into ComfyUI's ImpactWildcardProcessor node to try and worldbuild a bootleg superverse, and looks like it works p alright as a random character generator for fantasy settings:

• Svelte Classic action villain, Mind control aura, wearing Indigo Nano-fiber Camouflage Suit, full body, from front, doing Fireballs
• Solid Collapsing male action hero, Space-time continuum aura, wearing Phthalo Turquoise Plasma-lace Energy Gloves, full body, from front, doing Lightning Bolts
• Buoyant Vaporized action villain, Reality Fragmentation aura, wearing Dull Carbon-fiber Tactical Armor, full body, from front, doing Creating Illusions

• Balanced Air Pressure male action hero, sprites and elves aura, wearing Tan Carbon-fiber Tactical Armor, full body, from front, doing Healing Waters
• Statuesque Gripping male action villain, death aura, wearing Alizarin Crimson Cybernetic Neural Implant, full body, from front, doing Weather Manipulation
• Well-defined 3D Graphics action hero, Quantum Thunder aura, wearing Malachite Green Cybernetic Implant, full body, from front, doing metal magic

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

KakerMix posted:

Don't forget the PC game that came out way too late:

:vince:

Maybe I should do Hodgson & Tooler: The Next Generation!

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

https://twitter.com/DiffusionPics/status/1715441914848383432

Good Sphere
Jun 16, 2018

code:
colorful semi-transparent spheres of epoxy resin with scorpions inside float and hang around a structure covered in colorful tubes where some are ejecting jets of water or steam

code:
scene radial symmetry with Buddha in the center surrounded by Pringle cans and potato chip bags. Another ring of candelas surrounds that. Dark, lit space. Spotlight on Buddha.

Good Sphere fucked around with this message at 12:53 on Oct 24, 2023

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

Good Sphere posted:

code:
colorful semi-transparent spheres of epoxy resin with scorpions inside float and hang around a structure covered in colorful tubes where some are ejecting jets of water or steam

Thanks. I hate it.

also it is pretty cool

Bored fucked around with this message at 13:10 on Oct 24, 2023

PaleFigure
Sep 3, 2007

the other white meat
Oops. Sorry, heavier than it looked!

This isn't going to end well.

A large Minotaur in a china shop. He is looking at a broken item on the floor, the shopkeeper is appalled

Good Sphere
Jun 16, 2018

code:
90's toy wrist watch with bright colors and large black and white LCD screen. Some bubble tubes of bright colored liquid are connected to the watch. glowing energy cells hang off of it. 90's retro and futuristic. photorealistic.

code:
colorful plastic marble machine with aqueducts of water passing through it. Luminescent and glowing in darker space. Liquid, epoxy resin with bubbles. 90's retro, complex, futuristic photorealistic, isometric design. materials: silver, gold, marble, glass, plastic

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

PaleFigure posted:

Oops. Sorry, heavier than it looked!

This isn't going to end well.

A large Minotaur in a china shop. He is looking at a broken item on the floor, the shopkeeper is appalled

Made me :lol: Good work!

An apple a day keeps the doctor away. So here are some Doctors upset about apples. Or judging me for my life choices.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Spoke Lee posted:

Are there any live models you can use with your own clone? Like a voice changer.

Not as far as I know. Eleven Labs keeps teasing that, but it's not live.

HORSE-SLAUGHTERER
Nov 11, 2020

H O R S E - S L A U G H T E R E R
Trying to make some christmas cards

HORSE-SLAUGHTERER
Nov 11, 2020

There's something wrong with these christmas cards

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

I was making a picture of a cat using tinfoil and a blowtorch to cook various things and well your post got me thinking..

What is Santa and Krampus

e: oh maybe you want a cat too

HORSE-SLAUGHTERER
Nov 11, 2020

LazyDivey posted:

I like typing in gibberish to see what the AI comes up with. Apparently, this is what a flibbered sklipapoot dancing with a ruppened chost looks like.

That's really fun

Hile Joilt and palps awulty. The pealt pollop grew boiler in warm vuilts, Groalt a chully Vast. Warm walt and Builty

wealt poap.. HURH UH... jeal groilt w'i'h hollop Chealp! Chealp-! Moalt gugs cholps; chags; pkoik (BRELL.)

Objective Action
Jun 10, 2007

Spoke Lee posted:

The gold standard right now for self hosted and self trained models is RVC2. It's near real time but can go further than older voice changers by changing speaking patterns/pitch and mapping accents more realistically. It's what a lot of the "AI" voice-overs are using right now.

https://github.com/IAHispano/Applio-RVC-Fork is, as far as I know, the most user friendly self run one around right now.

Example of it in use:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HamZ8rSsyhI&t=90s

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo

Spoke Lee posted:

It takes a minute or two to turn text into a 1024x1024 image.

Changing voice into voice by passing it through a model , even at 32kbps, is an exponentially larger data rate if you want output voice to come out within a sub-second of the input.

Tldr: not yet. Stick with voice changer apps now.

Objective Action posted:

The gold standard right now for self hosted and self trained models is RVC2. It's near real time but can go further than older voice changers by changing speaking patterns/pitch and mapping accents more realistically. It's what a lot of the "AI" voice-overs are using right now.

https://github.com/IAHispano/Applio-RVC-Fork is, as far as I know, the most user friendly self run one around right now.

Example of it in use:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HamZ8rSsyhI&t=90s

Well drat. Guy was looking for live conversion with low processing time. I feel if that was around there would be a million fake-celebrity vtubers already

EVIL Gibson fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Oct 24, 2023

Objective Action
Jun 10, 2007

You actually can get it down to near real time but you need some technical knowhow right now and the only pre-built solution I know of is mostly in Japanese.

It's not going to be as good as the version where you upload recorded segments because you can't tell it to try again or do pre-analysis for pitch recovery but you can absolutely run the same RVC model in this mode and get down to ~25ms delay with a CUDA card or ~100ms on a good CPU.

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo

Objective Action posted:

You actually can get it down to near real time but you need some technical knowhow right now and the only pre-built solution I know of is mostly in Japanese.

It's not going to be as good as the version where you upload recorded segments because you can't tell it to try again or do pre-analysis for pitch recovery but you can absolutely run the same RVC model in this mode and get down to ~25ms delay with a CUDA card or ~100ms on a good CPU.

The model would be crazy since to be better you would need to pull more frequencies from the input voice. To make it better, pull more frequencies and there is no stopping since a waveform is near frequencies.

I've heard those Japanese voice changers and I am pretty sure the sing song voices is not what the person was asking for unless they really want to sound like a worse Microsoft Sam lol.

There ARE a million of them on Japanese youtube but they all sound very much the same with the only difference being the graphic model of the avatar.

I will up your Neco-Arc with cover most people don't recognize where her voice comes in because it is so suited for screaming Chop Suey

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Am I in jail?

Objective Action
Jun 10, 2007

EVIL Gibson posted:

The model would be crazy since to be better you would need to pull more frequencies from the input voice. To make it better, pull more frequencies and there is no stopping since a waveform is near frequencies.

I've heard those Japanese voice changers and I am pretty sure the sing song voices is not what the person was asking for unless they really want to sound like a worse Microsoft Sam lol.

There ARE a million of them on Japanese youtube but they all sound very much the same with the only difference being the graphic model of the avatar.

I will up your Neco-Arc with cover most people don't recognize where her voice comes in because it is so suited for screaming Chop Suey

Agreed that its not perfect but the RVC implementation really is way better than the older ones if you use a good model. This video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHhjg2JwdPI&t=373s shows the delay and has both a robotty anime model and an actually decent model in it. Again though the realtime version can only do so much on pitch adjustment and the accent stuff basically gets dropped altogether because the time window just isn't long enough.

Not to spend too much time on Neco Arc but Chop Suey was pretty good! I also like Paint It Black, very funny for reasons I refuse to introspect on at all https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I332pv84RBQ.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

As far as gibberish goes, i am continuing my exploration of what it does with as little prompting as possible

"The"

"A"

"This"

"That"

I think this probably gives a bit of insight on what kind of images it is tuned to produce, in terms of style and composition

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

:(

Fine

quote:

To be, or not to be, that is the question: Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune, Or to take Arms against a Sea of troubles, And by opposing end them: to die, to sleep No more; and by a sleep, to say we end The heart-ache, and the thousand natural shocks That Flesh is heir to? 'Tis a consummation Devoutly to be wished. To die, to sleep, To sleep, perchance to Dream; aye, there's the rub, For in that sleep of death, what dreams m

Oh this is interesting. It looks like DALL-E 3 thinks that coward is usually related to lions.

quote:

Thus conscience does make cowards of us all,
And thus the native hue of Resolution
Is sicklied o'er, with the pale cast of Thought,
And enterprises of great pitch and moment,

Diana Wynne Jones posted:

Imagination doesn’t just mean making things up. It means thinking things through, solving them, or hoping to do so, and being just distant enough to be able to laugh at things that are normally painful. Head teachers would call this escapism, but they would be entirely wrong.

quote:

A world in which there are monsters, and ghosts, and things that want to steal your heart is a world in which there are angels, and dreams and a world in which there is hope. in a comic book style
aside from the "in a comic book style" part, that's a Neil Gaiman quote.

quote:

an opossum in the style of video game "O-KAMI"

Bored fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Oct 24, 2023

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

what happens if we just send fladjistant diswalight ? can we do that for the first prompt and the other 3 try using it as various parts like maybe imply it's a vehicle in one or a type of food in another but the first one should just be the phrase
GPT+DALLE
fladjistant diswalight

Illustration of a sleek futuristic vehicle named the 'Fladjistant Diswalight', zooming across a neon-lit cityscape.

Cartoon drawing of a gourmet dish presented in a high-end restaurant, known as the 'Fladjistant Diswalight Delicacy', garnished with unique ingredients.

Watercolor painting of a mystical forest where creatures gather around a glowing plant called the 'Fladjistant Diswalight', revered for its magical properties.

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

:golfclap:

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Someone posted this in the Elon thread and I think it goes here too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day