Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Billy B on Rishi Sunak’s first day back – The prime minister considers a reset after seeing Keir Starmer glittered at conference"
Meanwhilst: Steve Bell speaks out after being sacked by email following 40 years at Guardian

Telegraph:

We still have a path to independence referendum, claims SNP deputy

Times:

Pop-up cells in jail yards to end overcrowding

Evening Standard:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Ella Baron on the danger of wider escalation in the Middle East – As President Biden prepares to fly to Israel, there are worries of the Israel-Hamas war sparking a wider conflict"

Telegraph:

Times:

After Low.

Evening Standard:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Joe Biden’s visit to Israel – The US president embarked on a high-stakes mission amid escalating tensions in the Middle East"

Telegraph:

Sunak’s inflation pledge goes down to the wire after petrol price shock

Independent:

Times:

Evening Standard:

Sunak starts two-day Middle East trip in Israel as he calls for calm

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on the information war – The BBC has received 1,500 complaints over its coverage of the Israel-Hamas war – split 50-50 from each side"

Telegraph:

Biden tells Israel: Don’t repeat our mistakes after 9/11

Independent:

Times:

King laments ‘international turmoil and heartbreaking loss of life’

Evening Standard:

England must believe and impose ourselves on South Africa, insists Maro Itoje in Rugby World Cup rallying cry; Storm Babet to hit England after woman swept into river dies in Scotland

Stephen Collins:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on US attempts to stop the Israel-Hamas war widening – Joe Biden has urged Benjamin Netanyahu not to make the mistakes the US did after 9/11"
Also! "Can political cartoons survive in an age of sensitivity?" - Alan Rusbridger

Telegraph:

‘Political earthquake’ as Tories lose two major seats in by-elections

The i paper:

"By-election disaster shows no seat is safe for the Conservatives as Starmer gets closer to No 10"

Times:

Rishi Sunak renews plea for Gaza aid during visit to Egypt

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Observer:

"The elephants in the room with Rishi Sunak – Reasons for the Mid-Bedfordshire and Tamworth byelection losses seem to be a mystery to the prime minister"

Sunday Telegraph:

Sycamore Gap tree trunk being cut up and moved from Hadrian’s Wall

Sunday Times:

gently caress Off Mac:

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy
diaf mac

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on the humanitarian crisis in Gaza – Civilians and Hamas militants alike have no escape as Gaza awaits Israel’s expected ground invasion"

Telegraph:

Times:

Evening Standard:

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Of course, the SNP, whose last 5 leaders have been a fat bald man, a skinny bald man, the fat bald man again, a woman and an Asian man, represented by a ginger. gently caress off Blower you lazy hack. How does this oval office still get work and Steve Bell is unemployable?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
The same way Mac is still employed. The Telegraph does not care about anything happening outside of, or directly influencing, a tory seat; offending the people who would vote for another party is beneath concern.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Ella Baron on London protests over the Israel-Hamas war – Demonstrations by people concerned about the welfare of hostages and of Gazan people have taken place separately in the British capital" Also Tube driver criticised for leading ‘free Palestine’ chant on Underground train

Telegraph:

Police resist demands to respond to every case of shoplifting

Matt:

Police under fire for allowing ‘jihad’ chant at protest

Times:

Gaza protests: No 10 defies Met chief’s call for new police powers

Evening Standard:

No plans for more police powers over ‘jihad’ chants as Braverman meets Met chief

David Squires:

Sir Bobby Charlton obituary

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Rishi Sunak’s big year – On 24 October 2022, Sunak became the leader of the Conservative party. A day later, he became prime minister"

Telegraph:

Rishi Sunak marks first anniversary as Prime Minister with cake and labrador mug

Matt:

UK weather: Storm Babet flood areas set to be submerged again with more downpours this week

Independent:

No plans for more police powers over ‘jihad’ chants, signals Sunak

Times:

Evening Standard:

More than 150 Labour councillors sign letter demanding Keir Starmer calls for Gaza ceasefire

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Nicola Jennings on Monday’s Hamas hostage release – Yocheved Lifshitz, 85, shook hands with her Hamas guard upon her release"

Telegraph:

World must 'buckle up' for higher interest rates, warns IMF boss

Matt:

Independent:

Times:

Labour fears frontbench resignations over Gaza

Evening Standard:

Remembrance poppies go plastic-free

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on the Israel-Hamas war – Israel continues to bomb Gaza in response to the massacre by Hamas"

Bonus! Byline Times:

Telegraph:

Rishi Sunak warns of ‘new dangers’ from AI as robot tax mulled to protect jobs

Matt:

Independent:

Keir Starmer warned he risks ‘plunging party into crisis’ amid backlash over Labour’s stance on Israel

Times:

Guardian Australian Sport:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on escalating violence in the Middle East – ‘Soon many more will die’ in the Gaza siege, the United Nations has warned"

Telegraph:

Putin ‘forming axis of terror’ as he welcomes Hamas and Iran to Moscow

Matt:

Nigel Farage dismisses report into NatWest account closure as ‘whitewash’

Independent:

After Ernst Eisenmayer.

The i paper:

"Gaza challenges Starmer’s iron grip"

Times:

AI could help terrorists develop bioweapons, report warns

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Observer:

"Is Joe Biden’s plan for peace too little, too late? – With Gaza in flames and the rest of the Middle East a powder keg, the president is acting slowly"

Sunday Telegraph:

"How dull is too dull? The questions surrounding Keir Starmer"
"...The metaphor that Roy Jenkins used to describe Tony Blair’s task of getting into power in 1997 of a man “carrying a priceless Ming vase about a highly polished floor” has been so over-used one feels the vase has already cracked after being held so tightly for so very long. ..."

Matt:

Sunday Times:

Keir Starmer’s authority threatened as frontbenchers demand Gaza ceasefire

Mail on Sunday:

Banning China from the UK's AI summit would make no sense, writes former head of GCHQ's national cyber security centre CIARAN MARTIN

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Daleks are not robots!

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Nicola Jennings on Rishi Sunak’s election countdown – There has been speculation in some quarters that after a harrowing year, the prime minister is planning a Halloween 2024 general election"

Telegraph:

Sunak ramps up spending on AI chips to £400m

Times:

Emergency Cobra meeting to address ‘accelerated’ terror threat in UK

Evening Standard:

"The Standard View: Keir Starmer's big test on Israel, Gaza and party unity"

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:spooky:

Ghouldian:

"Ben Jennings on the painful ambiguity of Keir Starmer – The Labour leader equivocates over a trick or a treat at Halloween"

Terrorgraph:

‘Jaws mode w---’: Cummings’s foul-mouthed Boris Johnson WhatsApp meltdowns

Dead As A Door-Matt:

Senior Johnson aide set messages to auto-delete in key WhatsApp group ahead of Covid Inquiry

End Times:

Eviling Standarrrgh:

Everyone called indecisive Boris Johnson the ‘trolley’, Dominic Cummings claims

David Squires, But, Like, A Zombie:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Sunak and Starmer’s blinkered views on Gaza – Sacking and suspension await Tory and Labour MPs who won’t toe party lines on the Israel-Hamas conflict"

Telegraph:

Dominic Cummings derided ministers as ‘morons’ and ‘f— pigs’ as pandemic unfolded

Matt:

Independent:

Times:

Evening Standard:

Elon Musk: AI could pose existential risk if it becomes ‘anti-human’; Storm Ciaran on way to UK with ‘danger to life’ amber weather warnings

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Ella Baron on the UK’s Covid inquiry – Boris Johnson’s handling of the pandemic has come in for fierce criticism this week"

Telegraph:

Politics latest news: AI firms must hand over models for testing, Sunak says

Matt:

Independent:

Starmer battles to maintain Labour discipline over Israel-Hamas war

Times:

Evening Standard:

Keir Starmer's Gaza problem: Grassroots anger simmers at Labour leader's stance on Israel-Hamas war; School closures, power cuts and travel chaos as 100mph Storm Ciaran strikes

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Pretty bad showing today, only the Indie and the Standard have anything resembling a position that isn't either offensively boring or offensively racist.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy
Brooks and Blower can eat my poo poo and hair tbh.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Brookes in particular can eat every ounce of poo poo ever produced on this earth.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Both fairish and yet unfair to not leave any poo poo for Blower and Matt to eat.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

It does feel like we're at a nadir for political cartoons at the moment. Honestly feels like a New Yorker daily cartoon could up the average quality.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
i only really found Bell's funny :/

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

...which makes me realise that once again Cloud Potato it's really appreciated that you're keeping up your consistency. I sometimes tune out of political cartoons out of depression but I really do appreciate you keeping this going in rain or shine. You're a legend.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
yeah :)

i'd never see them if not for this thread

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Thank you for the kind words. :yaycloud:

Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on Rishi Sunak’s AI summit – The British prime minister holds a global gathering at Bletchley Park about how to regulate artificial intelligence"

Telegraph:

Elon Musk tells Sunak AI will mean people no longer need to work

Matt:

Watch: Storm Ciaran sweeps away cars as five people die in Italy

Independent:

The last Beatles song: How artificial intelligence brought the Fab Four together one final time

Times:

Covid inquiry: Boris Johnson says it was his duty to mull over lockdown; Guy Fawkes Night - Wikipedia

Evening Standard:

Stephen Collins:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Rishi Sunak’s meeting with Elon Musk – The prime minister met the owner of X, formerly Twitter, for a conversation about AI this week"

Telegraph:

Jeremy Hunt to recommit to tight spending plans in Autumn Statement

Matt:

Independent:

Boris Johnson asked if blowing hairdryer up nose could kill Covid, says ex-aide Cummings; After Josef Munsch.

The i paper:

Times:

Matt Hancock insisted on deciding who should live and die, Covid inquiry told

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Observer:

"Rishi Sunak displays his astonishing incompetence (AI for short) – Presented with the evidence of the Covid inquiry, the prime minister looks to the future"

Sunday Telegraph:

"Dominic Cummings can’t take responsibility for his own failures"

Matt:

Sunday Times:

Mail on Sunday:

“Oh my God, you’re right Rishi. It’s Nadine Dorries! We shouldn’t have tried to ban her book”

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

I like how Sunak and Gove are apparently portrayed as being too weak or cowardly to handle a woman who is, at best, too hungover to put up a fight.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy
I like how Gove is the one talking about what's in the cellar despite Sunak being the one peering around the corner, presumably because Sunak was easier to caricature from behind.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Ella Baron on social media and the war in Gaza – Four weeks into the conflict, Instagram and Facebook are awash with images of suffering"

Telegraph:

Pro-Palestine rally set to go ahead on Remembrance weekend

Times:

Rishi Sunak latest to disavow Suella Braverman on homelessness

Evening Standard:

Sadiq Khan leads Susan Hall by 50% to 25% among Londoners in race for City Hall

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on the king’s speech and oil and gas licences – Tuesday sees the Conservatives’ policy announcement on the North Sea"

Telegraph:

Watch: Just Stop Oil protesters smash National Gallery painting

Matt:

Times:

What is in the King’s Speech 2023? The 21 policies explained

Evening Standard:

David Squires:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on the king’s speech – King Charles has delivered his first king’s speech, and outlined Rishi Sunak’s government’s plans for the coming year"

Telegraph:

"Take away that pudding – it has no theme." is a Winston Churchill quote, apparently.

Matt:

Independent:

Times:

Evening Standard:

Imran Hussain: Shadow minister quits Labour front bench over Keir Starmer's stance on Gaza

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Rishi Sunak’s time is up by Ella Baron – Keir Starmer counts down as the prime minister reveals his last-gasp king’s speech"

Telegraph:

"Starmer’s Gaza test has only just begun"

Matt:

"Has Nadine Dorries lost the plot? Her bizarre book blames Boris’s fall on ‘Dr No’ and ‘the Wolf’"

Independent:

Times:

Israel to pause Gaza bombing for four hours each day

Evening Standard:

Sack Suella Braverman, Sunak urged as Home Secretary ignites police protests 'bias' storm; John Lewis Christmas advert 2023 review: a Little Shop of Ho-ho-ho rings in this newly established tradition

Guardian Australian Sport:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Suella Braverman’s leadership ambitions by Ben Jennings – The home secretary has tried to co-opt Armistice Day while attacking those who live in tents, but 5% of London’s homeless population are veterans"

Telegraph:

Rishi Sunak faces calls to sack Suella Braverman amid claims she has ‘lost it’

Matt:

Independent:

Times:

Evening Standard:

London must pull together: Poppy Day unity plea as thousands prepare to protest in capital

Stephen Collins:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Ella Baron on the policing of the protest march on Armistice Day – The Metropolitan police has resisted political pressure to ban a pro-Palestine march in London on Saturday"

Telegraph:

"Police must be allowed space to make difficult operational decisions"

Matt:

Dame Alison Rose forfeits £7.6m as NatWest scraps bonus and share awards

Independent:

After Dali.

The i paper:

Times: