Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely
I mean the Stars are utter garbage, what more can I say lol

It's not even close to a respectable effort from this team in any of their games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fermun
Nov 4, 2009
Olofsson? Sure, pretty goal from a 4th liner that only cost future considerations to obtain

Kupo!
Sep 14, 2009

Just follow me through this wall, I can show you things
no mortal eyes were meant
to see.

the Stars are.. dogshit.. garbage... ???

every game this season so far has been disappointing

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice

Starsfan posted:

I mean the Stars are utter garbage, what more can I say lol

It's not even close to a respectable effort from this team in any of their games.

I was gonna make a joke about how the stars are the best hockey team in Texas but I do not know the quality of beer leagues around here.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

Kupo! posted:

the Stars are.. dogshit.. garbage... ???

every game this season so far has been disappointing

I was willing to write it off as just being rusty and slow due to their weird schedule to start the year but this is a new low and DeBoer's gotta tear it all down after this game.. There's not one element of their play which is anywhere approaching acceptable outside of the goaltending.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

:siren: FIRST NHL GOAL ADAM FANTILLI :siren:

On their 49th shot on goal. :stonk:

fermun
Nov 4, 2009
Hell yes, Lehkonen

fermun
Nov 4, 2009
MacKinnon now!

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Gudbranson...good...defensive play?

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

another day, another game goes into OT that the Stars deserved to lose in regulation. Art of the scam etc etc

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

That's on the highlight reel if Marchy doesn't send that thing high.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

Ah what the gently caress, I walk away for 10 minutes and the Avs scored 3 goals

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
CBJ already looks so much better than last year but Elvis still sucks poo poo so it doesn't matter

fermun
Nov 4, 2009
Were you watching just then?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1D1l7mdgU8

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

CBJ already looks so much better than last year but Elvis still sucks poo poo so it doesn't matter

I wonder if he's still not feeling 100% from his flu, because he was solid the first two games. He had like a 1.84 gaa.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

Sorry Flyers fans, the team deserved 3 points tonight.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

:siren: ROSIE :siren:

If Jack can be Good Jack, he could be a weapon.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

CBJSprague24 posted:

I wonder if he's still not feeling 100% from his flu, because he was solid the first two games. He had like a 1.84 gaa.

It's obv very early still so maybe he will get better but he has also had the benefit of like three goals wiped out for offsides in a few games too

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
This avs game rules.

Kupo!
Sep 14, 2009

Just follow me through this wall, I can show you things
no mortal eyes were meant
to see.

Starsfan posted:

I was willing to write it off as just being rusty and slow due to their weird schedule to start the year but this is a new low and DeBoer's gotta tear it all down after this game.. There's not one element of their play which is anywhere approaching acceptable outside of the goaltending.

You're absolutely right. I'm feeling alright on Hintz, Johnston and the goalies, but team feels listless and disconnected. Is the the Year 2 Pete De Boer Experience, or is it the Stars being the Stars again?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Kupo! posted:

You're absolutely right. I'm feeling alright on Hintz, Johnston and the goalies, but team feels listless and disconnected. Is the the Year 2 Pete De Boer Experience, or is it the Stars being the Stars again?

Probably both

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

Byram hasn't been taking bad penalties per se, but 7 minors in 5 games is getting a little silly.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME
That feels like a weird penalty. Trouba didn’t hit burakovsly hard, more of a push
But also a weird distance from the boards too

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
Chytil on fire tonight holy hell.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME

Matt Zerella posted:

Chytil on fire tonight holy hell.

Panarin moreso somehow

Seattle also currently getting owned all over the ice including getting punched in the face by Trochek a bunch

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

The Calgary Flames are very sad

thehoodie
Feb 8, 2011

"Eat something made with love and joy - and be forgiven"

ThinkTank posted:

The Calgary Flames are very sad

We're lost without Ras

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

This debringcat guy, he's pretty good.

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Good pressure and... Justin... Barron... scores??? I'll take it

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

A man's man, wears a lot of denim, tells long stories and has oatmeal saved from this morning.

Hell of a fuckin' bounce that

Kale
May 14, 2010

Justin Barron does a thing? Oh okay Gallagher screened him

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

A man's man, wears a lot of denim, tells long stories and has oatmeal saved from this morning.

lmao that was quick

Kale
May 14, 2010

I mean Allen was good last game

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

zemgus girgensons is still an god-tier name. in awe.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Do the Sabres have any players under 6 feet?

neoaxd posted:

zemgus girgensons is still an god-tier name. in awe.

It sounds like the name of a Final Fantasy villain.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Did the Buffalo Sabres arena just make a Pokemon sound effect when the penalty ended

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

What I wouldn't give to have Tage on my team...

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Kale posted:

Did the Buffalo Sabres arena just make a Pokemon sound effect when the penalty ended

Yeah it’s the level up noise, it’s new this season and it owns

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Tage wants to score a goal so badly!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kale
May 14, 2010

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Yeah it’s the level up noise, it’s new this season and it owns

Nice that's pretty great. Also Xhekaj just rag dolling people all over the place now