Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

Yeah, the US is sending a message, but Bibi can't pull back at this point. Not only is his career shredded, but so is the reputation of the IDF. It would be completely lose-lose.

The US knows it isn't prepared to fight the entire region, how much blowback there is going to be, and that the IDF may not even hold its own at this point.

That said, there is a timer here as well, Israeli forces are taking attrition and while the IAF is killing civilians, it isn't really showing a lot of success elsewhere. The Israeli air force is designed around a 28 day campaign, and we are 16 days into this thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

quote:

Both tactics will result in heavy losses, U.S. officials said, but a ground operation could be far bloodier, for troops and civilians. At the Pentagon, many officials believe that the Mosul and Raqqa clearing operations in Iraq more than a decade after Falluja are a better model for urban warfare.

Lmao, I dunno how Israel is supposed to use Raqqa and Mosul as examples? They don't exactly have an army of proxies to throw in as meatshields lol

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
cant believe the military asset they moved into the region to ease tensions got attacked, increasing tensions. what were they thinking?

fizzy
Dec 2, 2022

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Permaban Brown Moses, Mid Life Crisis, Private Witt and NovemberMike for genocide denial & apologia, and Permaban Koos Group for enabling genocide deniers and apologists.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

i don't need a tweet thread to know that israel is gonna get dog walked in a ground invasion

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

as much as i hate to say it i don't think a real "victory" over israel is possible without a major foreign power weighing in on the side of the palestinians to counterbalance the US and i don't think there's anyone willing to take that role. russia is overstretched in ukraine and china's leadership are incredibly risk-averse (i mean, why risk a military confrontation with your biggest geopolitical rival when they're already in terminal decline all on their own?).

hamas is going to inflict punishing casualties on the IDF but i don't see them being able to take and hold territory

Adenoid Dan
Mar 8, 2012

The Hobo Serenader
Lipstick Apathy

fizzy posted:

Permaban Brown Moses, Mid Life Crisis, Private Witt and NovemberMike for genocide denial & apologia, and Permaban Koos Group for enabling genocide deniers and apologists.

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

ty slumfrog :)

we’ve hardly even begun to fire at all! we can’t have a ceasefire before we really slake our bloodlust, can we?

ProfessorBooty
Jan 25, 2004

Amulet of the Dark
Fuckin Al-Saqr doesn't have platinum so I'm posting this here (I tried to buy him platinum but I'm not sure how to do that).

Here's my hamburger with a sign now:

I wanted to take a pic before the sun went down. Sorry it isn't bigger, I wanted this to be done today. I'm going to put down some guy lines to keep it stable and I'm putting some lights around it tonight. I'll take a pic with it lit up.

I'm like, an internet boomer. I don't use facebook and I loathe twitter. It would be good if there was a thread to help me find out where these things are. I check the local DSA website but they don't have anything posted and I'm sure they just use twitter.

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

as much as i hate to say it i don't think a real "victory" over israel is possible without a major foreign power weighing in on the side of the palestinians to counterbalance the US and i don't think there's anyone willing to take that role. russia is overstretched in ukraine and china's leadership are incredibly risk-averse (i mean, why risk a military confrontation with your biggest geopolitical rival when they're already in terminal decline all on their own?).

hamas is going to inflict punishing casualties on the IDF but i don't see them being able to take and hold territory

the political situation in israel is untenable. i think the most likely outcome is their government collapses.
another funny thing that could happen is the big regional war actually kicks off and the US gets ran out of all their positions in iraq and syria

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

"Cóż, wygląda na to, że zostaliśmy łaskawie oszczędzeni trudu decydowania o własnym losie. Jakże uprzejme z ich strony, że przearanżowali Europę bez kłopotu naszego zdania!"

Frosted Flake posted:

Unroll for non x users plz

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1715410699680198979.html

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

ProfessorBooty posted:

Fuckin Al-Saqr doesn't have platinum so I'm posting this here (I tried to buy him platinum but I'm not sure how to do that).

I wanted to take a pic before the sun went down. Sorry it isn't bigger, I wanted this to be done today. I'm going to put down some guy lines to keep it stable and I'm putting some lights around it tonight. I'll take a pic with it lit up.

I'm like, an internet boomer. I don't use facebook and I loathe twitter. It would be good if there was a thread to help me find out where these things are. I check the local DSA website but they don't have anything posted and I'm sure they just use twitter.

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

if israel attempts to invade gaza with conscript infantry its entirely possible that they will mutiny in sufficient numbers over time to collapse civil government. the amount of troops they'd need to even try and fail is very high compared to the population

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

Maybe end the occupation and no one has to fight anyone.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

the bitcoin of weed posted:

the political situation in israel is untenable. i think the most likely outcome is their government collapses.
another funny thing that could happen is the big regional war actually kicks off and the US gets ran out of all their positions in iraq and syria

yeah but “the Israeli government collapses” means they get a new government consisting of all the right wing psychos that aren’t in this government, which is a lot of them because Israel hasn’t had non-right-wing-psycho politicians (outside of the Arab list) since Netanyahu had Rabin killed.

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

Al-Saqr posted:

gently caress off Obama

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

wishing everyone in this thread a happy dti

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

https://twitter.com/HuffPostPol/status/1716606581566033923?s=20

A New Dad
Nov 10, 2012

I SHOULD FUCK OFF BACK TO C-SPAM
After what Israel has done in Gaza, if they don't go in and win to re-assert themselves, why would any of their regional enemies stop pressuring them if they're that weak. There's no better time to strike than when the US/Israel can't deal a knockout blow to win a war.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

what was that about settlers not being combatants again

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

i say swears online posted:

a moroccan lady i follow is doing a circuit around africa on a bicycle and found a palestine rally in northern nigeria

blessed

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

my dad posted:

OK, I promised to talk more about the solidarity gathering, so here goes.

There was a total of roughly a thousand people, half of whom were Palestinian diaspora in Serbia, with a few dozen representatives from other (primarily) Muslim communities. Given that we aren't one of the countries that are providing direct support to Israel, and the public's utter exhaustion with our opposition's constant (and useless) protest walks, this was a solid number of people. People there were addressed by the head of the Serbian-Palestinian Friendship Society, the ambassador of Palestine (we recognize their statehood), and a few others. I'll bring up some highlights.
  • There was a constant string of appearances from people trying to create a photobomb of some sort. The saddest middle class guy sneaked up among the Palestinian flags with a tiny sign saying "Neither HAMAS nor Israel" before being chased away, a few Nazis who tried to act like they belonged there until the Palestinians started takbir-ing and they fash went away, some extremely well dressed people who tried to redirect the crowd's chants, etc.
  • From the River to the Sea Palestine Will be Free
  • There were mostly Serbian and Palestinian flags present, with a flag of Morrocco, flag of Egypt, flag of China, and two flags of Russia thrown into the mix. Also the very well dressed men there temporarily with a very old timey Serbian flag that's of a very "I'm a traditionalist" sort
  • The Palestinian ambassador talked about the extent of Israeli atrocities, and about the universality of Palestinian resistance, bringing up how Palestinian people of all faiths are standing together against Zionism, that they salute the courage of Jewish people who stood by the side of the Palestinians, how much hope they get from seeing the support they've been given, and so on.
  • The Serbian speakers emphasized the right of Palestinians to live free, and their right to armed resistance against all this bullshit.
  • It was interested seeing second generation Palestinian people here, and how comfortable they were with both parts of the crowd
  • Less officially, one thing that was brought up in conversation is just how psychotic the Zionist are HERE. The Israeli are constantly attempting to get Palestinians deported from Serbia, there's a lot of money being paid to TV stations to bring up Zionist talking points, the Israeli embassy and USA embassy (almost right next to one another) have apparently some sort of an agreement regarding Palestinians that show up near either of them - straight up "here's how to make your shooting of a Palestinian look like self defense" crap.

blessed

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/Seamus_Malek/status/1716583291695104202

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

yeah but “the Israeli government collapses” means they get a new government consisting of all the right wing psychos that aren’t in this government, which is a lot of them because Israel hasn’t had non-right-wing-psycho politicians (outside of the Arab list) since Netanyahu had Rabin killed.

A stalemate is a loss for Israel even if the entire Israeli state doesn't collapse on itself, they aren't suppose to stalemate their neighbors, they are suppose to crush them. It is simply they can't bomb their way out of it, and their ground force isn't ready, so they are simply stalling without seeing to have a real plan.

The US can only do so much as well.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

okay i guess now i sort of get why the israeli government doesn't seem overly concerned about keeping the hostages alive

Soggy Muffin
Jul 29, 2003

I wonder why first part is silent and the rest has lots of beeps. Maybe to prevent triangulation through background bombings or something?

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

ProfessorBooty posted:

drat that's neat but you could've just got a flag, i mean that's probably cooler than a flag, but there's no risk of loving your roof up

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013
teh original hamas plan was actually to abduct tons of people, but then b real nice to them and send them back home to convince everyone 2 make peace

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Milosh posted:

We get our 51st state!

if only they had done this in 1948 instead of occupying Palestine...

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Dreylad posted:

okay i guess now i sort of get why the israeli government doesn't seem overly concerned about keeping the hostages alive

id say theyre actively trying to get them killed. some people are saying its some sort of Abraham protocol or whatever

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

RealityWarCriminal posted:

eat poo poo military targets

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...

Free Palestine and also nice lawn.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

err posted:

Free Palestine and also nice lawn.

Honestly dye the lawn into a Palestinian flag

Soggy Muffin
Jul 29, 2003

ProfessorBooty posted:

Free Palestine and you got a handsome dog there

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

ProfessorBooty posted:

lol good work goon, blessed

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

Pitching is the art of instilling fear.
Man, the proliferation of OSINT bullshit and the removal of bluechecks has actually really made getting reliable information way harder. You're left going like hmm is @IranObserver0 a reliable account when they're reporting huge escalations like US Navy ships being attacked by drones or the IDF launching the ground invasion

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

https://twitter.com/mbeisen/status/1712947590294306976

The tweet in question. The comments are the typical crocodile tears you'd expect.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20krcN-iXBo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

the goal is to do genocide