Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Giant Man has needed 3.3-3.5 a minute since I started mathing (hope i mathed right) this afternoon. It has kept pace.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
797 backers needed, four hours to go.

By god I do believe it's going to make it.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
gently caress it, I backed Giant Man despite 1) not having room and 2) not caring about the character. Seems neat to have a big figure like that they’ll only make once. Galactus is badass but he’s standing around in my closet.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
I had to cancel my GiantMan to pay some bills. Serious FOMO if it funds.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Joe, happy to back a second and keep it stashed until you have the funds to pay me back, hit me up if you’re interested. You pre-ordered Batman ‘89 for me and I’d like to return the favor.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Louisgod posted:

Joe, happy to back a second and keep it stashed until you have the funds to pay me back, hit me up if you’re interested. You pre-ordered Batman ‘89 for me and I’d like to return the favor.

I really appreciate it, but I’ll pass. Thank you!

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Louisgod posted:

gently caress it, I backed Giant Man despite 1) not having room and 2) not caring about the character. Seems neat to have a big figure like that they’ll only make once. Galactus is badass but he’s standing around in my closet.

I'm really hurting for space until I redo my basement. Then I'll probably get real dumb and try to track down a Galactus and Sentinel(s?)
Mostly backing Giant Man since I missed those two :(

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Classified Vypra finally arrived today, fairly sure it decided to take a loop or two in the mail by how long it took.

It's a great example of what a new paint job and extra accessories can do for a figure that originally was quite bland and dull.

Pulse has it's thing in four days, Mutt and Junkyard are expected to go up for pre order.

Who knows what else.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Speaking of Batman '89,

Some quick snapshots of McFarlane Batman/Batmobile,

Batmobile with the old NECA Batman,

and then the two Batmans together for comparison.

The NECA figure looks overall much more authentic to the movie costume, warts and all, and still looks great. The McFarlane figure is much more idealized in terms of proportions, better articulated than the actual costume, better engineered as a toy, feels much sturdier.

My new Batman came with a slight defect in that one edge of the cape is folded under the neck flap thing so it doesn't lay quite right; I might be able to fix this by heating the plastic up and scooting it out of the way to straighten the fabric.

The Batmobile rules, I have no complaints and I have basically wanted this toy since 1989. One of the few large toys I have unboxed immediately upon getting it, I just could not wait to play with that thing. It's great!

In other news, oh poo poo, this thing is about to actually fund:

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Lucky 13 to go now!

Now 10

epsilon
Oct 31, 2001

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

This figure looks so good in person

Joker Image

Holy poo poo they nailed that

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
By God it's done it

Do you believe in miracles.

Haslab Marvel team keeps their jobs!

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

They did it. They actually did it.

So many people at Hasbro are probably crying right now out of pure relief.

I'm going to laugh if it actually hits a stretch goal in the last 3 hours.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
What’s funny is yesterday and today were the first days I’ve ever seen the Haslab advertised; ads were popping up on Youtube. You’d think that would be something they’d have done sooner but whatever, it worked. I bet Ryan, Dan and Dwight were making GBS threads themselves.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Haslab projects overall are advertised pretty poorly. Hell they could do more with the items on the pages themselves to make people go nuts over them.

I saw a discussion once with people asking and questioning how many people even know there is a Haslab let alone Hasbro Pulse site.

Sure, we are in the know because of forums like this, but out of all the folks out there who might want one, how many actually know about these things?

It has a chance of getting the first stretch goal!

The Last Call fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Oct 24, 2023

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

I get Haslab ads all the time on Facebook and Instagram, it probably helps that I’ve blocked all but a dozen advertisers I’ve ever seen.

Glad giant man is a go, fingers crossed for the zombie head in the next three hours

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

I don’t really have any interest in the other heads. There’s also no market if I want to sell just a spare head!

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Tragic when you want to give head and nobody takes

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

I have been seeing Giant Man ads on Facebook for a while, but they ramped up in the last week or so.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Oh, I forgot to say in my above post about the Batmobile, but the NECA Batman does sit in it just fine, fits in there better than the McFarlane one actually, but putting him in a sitting pose puts so much stress on his little rubber trunks, I would not want to leave him in there for any length of time.When I put him back in a standing pose it took a minute for that rubbery plastic to slowly move back into place, and I was briefly worried it wouldn’t.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Louisgod posted:

Tragic when you want to give head and nobody takes

I chuckled and then thought of this and chuckled again.

https://youtu.be/83WIDuukR0Q?feature=shared

I looked at the ghost rider haslab again. That was a cool piece but, to beat a dead horse, that price. Yikes. No wonder it didn’t budge.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

Shiftypenguin posted:

Are those flames and hair GITD or just lame old clear plastic?

Neon green translucent plastic. Was just in sunlight for the pic.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Nerd Of Prey posted:

Oh, I forgot to say in my above post about the Batmobile, but the NECA Batman does sit in it just fine, fits in there better than the McFarlane one actually, but putting him in a sitting pose puts so much stress on his little rubber trunks, I would not want to leave him in there for any length of time.When I put him back in a standing pose it took a minute for that rubbery plastic to slowly move back into place, and I was briefly worried it wouldn’t.

Does the Thing fit?

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
By gawd another miracle

Who wants head!

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Open Marriage Night posted:

Does the Thing fit?

Not quite, sorry...

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Has-Lab Ant-Man funded.

As of closing and as listed:

Number can change with additional backers some times trickling in.

14,000 was needed for the second face.

The Last Call fucked around with this message at 05:06 on Oct 24, 2023

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

I was watching at the end just out of grim curiosity... Giant Man officially closed with just under 13,600 but it looks like they kept taking last-minute orders cause now it's up to 13,876, but it seems to be pretty well locked in now. They got so goddamn close to the last stretch goal. I'm really impressed honestly, people really rallied behind that big goofy thing at the eleventh hour. It's been entertaining to watch.

I still don't need one, but congrats to those who wanted it!

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
It's another great example of never counting out anything until the very end.

It had been written off by so many people and look at how many backers it got today alone.

The last day has proven to be a massive number driver.

13,899 now.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Nerd Of Prey posted:

Not quite, sorry...

Try harder.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUlC_EPbbC4

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

It had been so long I could not remember the specifics of the "Thing in the Batmobile" scene and went and looked it up after I took the picture, and almost followed it up with "edit: he fits just fine. edit 2: broke my Batmobile" but I was kinda too slow and the thread had moved on.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Oh, hi Matt!

https://twitter.com/preterniadotcom/status/1716303723113197704

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Holy poo poo I need this Lego figure. :lol:

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Gross

Also: lol

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Lego slug man or we riot.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
But the Baron is right in that picture.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

https://twitter.com/preterniadotcom/status/1716849376969040222?s=46&t=2Vl5mZOAuXyv2LbW1v-6cQ

DisposableHero
Feb 25, 2005
bah weep granna weep ninny bong
I went into my local Target this morning and Target circle had a sign posted for 25% off one toy (with the usual exceptions) for those interested. They didn't have much I wanted but I did get X-Men 97` Bishop 25% off. They also had Super 7 re-action TMNT for $10 which is a far more reasonable price for Super 7 re-action figures. My target only had one each of the turtles though.

In other news I was recently in a Ross and they had those BST AXN arcade turtles. I picked up Raph and Donnie on a whim since they were cheap but boy these are not good. I've never bought this brand before but the QC feels very poor. Is this the typical BST AXN experience? I sorta wanted the IDW turtles but may just pass on that.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

The First4Figures Samus statue is up. They've got a normal model or an "exclusive" one with integrated LEDs. There's early-bird pricing through the beginning of November that brings it to about $150, but you can use the code VARSAM10 for 10% more off. Shipping is kind of a yikes at $35, but the statue looks great. First wave of 1000 will ship in Q1, the rest in Q2.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

drat, drat, drat - that's so nice. I have their MP Ship -- tempting to get that as a companion piece.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gregday
May 23, 2003

400+ piece Shai-Hulud Lego kit a la the Lego star Destroyer please.