Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

I wrote back a long form “lol” and he immediately countered with Derrick Henry plus another piece for just Pollard. So I guess he was just trying to see if I was the biggest idiot ever which feels hurtful from someone I’ve been friends with for 30 years!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
I've gotten a few of those trades over the past few weeks. They've all even straight up told me they want to pilfer my best players because I'm losing.

It's week 7 and at least half of us advance to playoffs, chill out. Even if that wasn't the case, i'm not gonna just give you one of the best players in the league for a bunch of trash, what is the thinking behind that? You know what's gonna get me a win? A handful of garbage. That's how I recover from this. You have my gem, I take your garbage and win with it. What in the gently caress are you thinking?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

ShowTime posted:

at least half of us advance to playoffs

Oh no

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants
Finished 126.25 to my opponents 126.46.... praying for stat corrections....

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
I’m doing decently well in all of my leagues except one, where I am now 2-5 after losing by less than 5 points tonight despite a Jordan Addison surge. I also have a loss by less than 2 points and a loss by less than one point. Just brutal poo poo.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

If I was in that many leagues I would absolutely have one team built out of moonshot just for the hell of it. Like draft all the rookies you can get your hands on or a dude coming back from a long injury

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug
Beat my buddy for only the second time in 8 years. Feels good

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Hmm. 2WR/1 flex, 1PPR league. Just saw Tee Higgins got dropped. I feel like I need to put in a claim for him on principle alone. But my WRs are Olave, Pickens, Christian Kirk, Christian Watson, and KJ Osborn.

Drop KJ for Higgins, right?

Also, I didn't even realize until now I have two WRs named "Christian" ha

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

Yea I think we hosed up setting the league. 60% of the players shouldn't advance in a league, at least I don't think that it should work that way. But I guess we didn't realize when we were setting it up. So 6 people advance in a 10 person league, and 1 of those 10 is just auto drafting and auto rostering everything. He's still like 2-5.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

Dango Bango posted:

Hmm. 2WR/1 flex, 1PPR league. Just saw Tee Higgins got dropped. I feel like I need to put in a claim for him on principle alone. But my WRs are Olave, Pickens, Christian Kirk, Christian Watson, and KJ Osborn.

Drop KJ for Higgins, right?

Also, I didn't even realize until now I have two WRs named "Christian" ha

Yes

ferroque
Oct 27, 2007

Who can I sell high on Foreman for?

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

If I was in that many leagues I would absolutely have one team built out of moonshot just for the hell of it. Like draft all the rookies you can get your hands on or a dude coming back from a long injury

I pretty much did this in one league, took a ton of first and second year guys. Garrett Wilson, Christian Watson, JSN, Quentin Johnston, Marvin Mims. 100% bust rate so far, pretty impressive!

Also to stick with the bit, I did get both Achane and Puka off waivers which has kept it in playoff contention despite a trash can draft

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

ferroque posted:

Who can I sell high on Foreman for?

No one?

That’s just one of those types of players you get lucky that you got nice short-term value out of. Maaaybe the Herbert or Roschon owner would bite on something, but not much. Maybe a bench receiver.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
We just had our first collusion attempt and god drat, they are getting torn apart. a 4-3 tried to pilfer our 0-7s best players when they thought no one was watching.

Uhhh uhhhhhh. It was like Lamar Jackson, Stefon Diggs, Mark Andrews, the 49ers D/ST and Jared Goff for whatever 5 people were on the others bench. It was disgusting.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

I'm already looking to next week, but I was wondering if there's an opinion on matching up guys on your team to your opponent's. For example, I have McLaurin, and my opponent is likely starting Sam Howell since his other QB, Fields, is still likely out next week. I think I have better options at WR with Olave and Lamb, but wondering if it makes sense to play McLaurin. If Howell has a good day, then it's likely I have a good day too. If he has a bad day, then I probably suffer too, but it removes most of the risk of Howell somehow having a great day while my WR gets a bunch of points on the bench. Is there any merit to this, or am I just overthinking this and I should just play my best guys?

ChocolatePancake
Feb 25, 2007
There's no reason to keep Zach Evans around anymore, right?

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

you want a piece of me???

Bird in a Blender posted:

I'm already looking to next week, but I was wondering if there's an opinion on matching up guys on your team to your opponent's. For example, I have McLaurin, and my opponent is likely starting Sam Howell since his other QB, Fields, is still likely out next week. I think I have better options at WR with Olave and Lamb, but wondering if it makes sense to play McLaurin. If Howell has a good day, then it's likely I have a good day too. If he has a bad day, then I probably suffer too, but it removes most of the risk of Howell somehow having a great day while my WR gets a bunch of points on the bench. Is there any merit to this, or am I just overthinking this and I should just play my best guys?

Babbys first fantasy advice - dont sit your studs

Analysis for nerds - McLaurin vs Howell reduces score variance relative to your opponent. A team expected to win a landslide may want to muzzle Howell's relative upside by starting McLaurin, any other expectation and you just start whoever will give you more points and hope Howell isnt a worldbeater that week

Analysis for enlightened thinkers - get a tarot reading, scatter oracle bones, start players with funny names or nice butts, it does not matter. Maybe you start Terry but Curtis Samuel gets all the targets, maybe McLaurin scores on a trick play where Sam Howell gets no points, maybe Olave/Lamb end up sucking. fantasy is dumb and the range of outcomes is so vast that decisions are more like 30/20/20/15/15 than 60/40, just do whatever feels right

Fight Club Sandwich fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Oct 24, 2023

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006

ChocolatePancake posted:

Just like with Emari Demercado showing up to the party a week late, sometimes NFL rosters are just in flux.

But, yeah Zach Evans is a soft hold. I'd happily churn him out of my roster if there's someone else on the wire I'm interested in.

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.

ChocolatePancake posted:

I dropped him - he was behind Henderson and Royce Freeman last week and the Rams are also getting Gaskin this week. I just don't see a path to any kind of relevance for him. RIP my faab

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

This is overthinking it, imo. I would just play the guys you think will score the most points without regard for your opponent's lineup. Maybe as a tiebreaker between two guys you like equally. As Fight Club said it's entirely possible for Howell to have a good game while Terry does jack poo poo if the ball doesn't go his way

Ayudo posted:

Just like with Emari Demercado showing up to the party a week late, sometimes NFL rosters are just in flux.

But, yeah Zach Evans is a soft hold. I'd happily churn him out of my roster if there's someone else on the wire I'm interested in.

yeah I guess it's possible McVay wakes up one morning and goes "am I seriously playing Royce Freeman in the year of our lord 2023" and gives Evans a role. But they clearly don't trust him whatsoever yet, he played zero snaps last week lol. The odds he does anything before Kyren comes back seem slim. I would be fine dropping him for almost anyone

ChocolatePancake
Feb 25, 2007
Thanks. I'll drop him and see if I can't get Foreman back or get back on the Gus Bus.

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Lmao Rams released Maher for being very bad at actual kicking despite him having been very good at fantasy kicking before Sunday

Time to find a new kicker!

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Judgy Fucker posted:

Lmao Rams released Maher for being very bad at actual kicking despite him having been very good at fantasy kicking before Sunday

Time to find a new kicker!

Ah poo poo, glad I saw this. Off to get a new kicker too.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Don’t get cheeky. Start your best players. Always.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Just realized I lost in a goon league by .08 because of Cousins’ kneel down at the end of the game :negative:

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Freaquency posted:

Just realized I lost in a goon league by .08 because of Cousins’ kneel down at the end of the game :negative:

I lost 2-3 weeks ago when Walker ran for a 4 yard loss on the last drive and then they put Charbonnet.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

RCarr posted:

Don’t get cheeky. Start your best players. Always.

Yea, good points all around.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

pmchem posted:

I picked up darrell henderson in a 14-team league

rams need someone they can rely on in pass pro. that aint a late round rookie

https://twitter.com/bgrisakTST/status/1716852972636844200?s=20

just gonna take a victory lap on that one

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Didn’t they just put him back on the practice squad?

Cnidario
Mar 22, 2013

So I’m trying to pry my opponents hands off of Achane…in your mind, what’s a decent trade for him? He needs a WR and RB this week. Mine are:

Allen (not going to trade him)
Garrett Wilson
Zay Flowers
Hyatt

Kamara
Barkley
Pierce
Spears

Also, I have both LaPorta and Waller, while he just has Njoku.

My thoughts are offering him Pierce or Wilson, but he might balk at that

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Silly Burrito posted:

Didn’t they just put him back on the practice squad?

dont teams do weird games like that for contract reasons? i recall maybe the patriots in a past year repeatedly playing a guy elevated off practice squad for several weeks

henderson probably has less value to other teams because he's so steeped in the rams' scheme and is not a special-teamer, so they're not worried about him getting sniped

i mean i guess myles gaskin could come in and take the job but... would be kind of surprising given their respective track records?

Freezer
Apr 20, 2001

The Earth is the cradle of the mind, but one cannot stay in the cradle forever.

Cnidario posted:

So I’m trying to pry my opponents hands off of Achane…in your mind, what’s a decent trade for him? He needs a WR and RB this week. Mine are:

Garrett Wilson
Zay Flowers
Hyatt

Kamara
Barkley
Pierce
Spears

If you offered me Pierce for Achane I'd counter with my kicker.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Cnidario posted:

Garrett Wilson
Zay Flowers
Hyatt

Kamara
Barkley
Pierce
Spears

Kamara or Barkley.

Cnidario
Mar 22, 2013

Freezer posted:

If you offered me Pierce for Achane I'd counter with my kicker.

Haha, I’m just joking…but maybe…?

Silly Burrito posted:

Kamara or Barkley.

I’ll probably wait another week or two, since I am currently 3rd at 5-2.

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Weak people spend 10 dollars to gift titles about world leaders they dislike. The strong spend 10 dollars to gift titles telling everyone to play Deus Ex again
I just noticed someone dropped DK Metcalf this week. I have I think $27/100 left, I should probably bid it all on him, right?

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

GokuGoesSSj69 posted:

I just noticed someone dropped DK Metcalf this week. I have I think $27/100 left, I should probably bid it all on him, right?

yes, and you will lose

take me you ANIMAL
Nov 28, 2002

Congrats big boy
Kendrick Bourne and Josh Downs are both on waivers, who should I try and target? After AJB, my wr depth that is not injured is Tank Dell(probably back this week)or Diontae Johnson. Gonna drop Pierce for one of them, he's not done crap all year, and I have three RB plus Monty ahead of him.

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009

Dango Bango posted:

I lost 2-3 weeks ago when Walker ran for a 4 yard loss on the last drive and then they put Charbonnet.

Same. Lost by 0.04 :negative:

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
I've been offered Achane and LaPorta for my Swift and Jalen Warren. I also own Mostert/Wilson so this basically locks up the Dolphins backfield. I'm already loving stacked at RB so I think this is a no brainer.

QB: Mahomes
RB: Barkley, Etienne, Swift, Mostert, Jeff Wilson, Warren
WR: A.J. Brown, Aiyuk, Hopkins, Thomas
TE: Engram

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

van fem
Oct 22, 2010

If you can't be right, be confusing.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

I've been offered Achane and LaPorta for my Swift and Jalen Warren. I also own Mostert/Wilson so this basically locks up the Dolphins backfield. I'm already loving stacked at RB so I think this is a no brainer.

QB: Mahomes
RB: Barkley, Etienne, Swift, Mostert, Jeff Wilson, Warren
WR: A.J. Brown, Aiyuk, Hopkins, Thomas
TE: Engram

Take the offer and run. TEs are a wasteland right now and Swift may well get injured this season (just like last).