Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Buttchocks
Oct 21, 2020

No, I like my hat, thanks.

mystes posted:

Having seen the whole thing now, the biggest problem with Bodies is that the ending is very bad in multiple ways.

I gave up caring about the story or characters halfway through and decided to watch Russian Doll again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Okay, the ending of Bodies is bad, bad, bad.

If you are currently watching Bodies, stop, and check out 2014's Predestination instead.

thatfuturekid
Jan 5, 2014
Watching Goosebumps on D+ and it's pretty drat fun! Cast is good and I am enjoying how they are integrating the stories from the books into the overarching plot. Justin Long in particular is great and love seeing him in these horror based roles (just rewatched Barbarian this week)

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Scavengers Reign on Max is really cool

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Okay, the ending of Bodies is bad, bad, bad.

If you are currently watching Bodies, stop, and check out 2014's Predestination instead.

For a second I thought you said the ending of Bodies, Bodies, Bodies was bad and I was about to challenge you to a duel because that movie's ending is amazing

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

RCarr posted:

Scavengers Reign on Max is really cool

Extremely cool.

Buttchocks
Oct 21, 2020

No, I like my hat, thanks.

Medullah posted:

For a second I thought you said the ending of Bodies, Bodies, Bodies was bad and I was about to challenge you to a duel because that movie's ending is amazing

Baden Baden Baden? It's a lovely resort town in Germany, how could you not enjoy it?

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

https://showmaker.mst3k.com/makeseason14?ref=ab_6Cuyk8
MST3k is coming back for another season and it needs your help!

Im in like flint

Turambar
Feb 20, 2001

A Túrin Turambar turun ambartanen
Grimey Drawer

Upsidads posted:

https://showmaker.mst3k.com/makeseason14?ref=ab_6Cuyk8
MST3k is coming back for another season and it needs your help!

Im in like flint

I'm guessing licensing hell will prevent it from being released outside of the US again?

nonathlon
Jul 9, 2004
And yet, somehow, now it's my fault ...
Catching up on my Euro-drama: Borgen Power & Glory is pretty much of a piece with previous Borgen - a slightly dour but well made drama about politics, the press and how the sausage is made. Reminded me of how there was a flood of wellmade Danish shows about a decade ago and now there seems to be few.

Creature is the Frankenstein story transposed to Turkey circa 1900 and it's a really interesting idea and setting, but completely derailed by soap opera-level acting and direction.

El Conde is ... trying to be something but not succeeding. Chilean dictator Augustus Pinochet is not dead but actually a vampire, hiding in a dilapidated house seemingly surrounded by miles of mud. And there's a nun trying to kill him. And it's narrated by Margaret Thatcher, who is also a vampire. And various - too many - venial and snivelling relatives looking for Pinochet's money. And it's in black and white. It feels like it's nearly beginning to get somewhere but then rushes towards an end.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Turambar posted:

I'm guessing licensing hell will prevent it from being released outside of the US again?

Digitally?

Turambar
Feb 20, 2001

A Túrin Turambar turun ambartanen
Grimey Drawer

Upsidads posted:

Digitally?

Ahh, my bad. The previous season was only streaming on US Netflix. I see this is now independent.

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.
I don’t think it’s been mentioned but the wife and I have been thoroughly enjoying the South Korean reality competition show The Devil’s Plan on Netflix.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Brocktoon posted:

I don’t think it’s been mentioned but the wife and I have been thoroughly enjoying the South Korean reality competition show The Devil’s Plan on Netflix.

The trailer looked good, like a complicated Korean Big Brother. But then a couple friends tried to watch it and said the rules explanation in the first episode was ridiculously complicated lol.

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Papercut posted:

The trailer looked good, like a complicated Korean Big Brother. But then a couple friends tried to watch it and said the rules explanation in the first episode was ridiculously complicated lol.

That’s one of the things we love about it. Every game takes 20 minutes to explain and it’s hilarious.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Brocktoon posted:

That’s one of the things we love about it. Every game takes 20 minutes to explain and it’s hilarious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pf8W3NLnhoI&t=193s

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
You seem to have accidentally linked to a Friends clip in 2023

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

feedmyleg posted:

You've been BAMBOOZLED!

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

feedmyleg posted:

It's big with older Zoomers (is that a thing?) right now for some reason.

Here's something more timely:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fyvyhkF8Xr4

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

LifeLynx posted:

It's big with older Zoomers (is that a thing?) right now for some reason.

Here's something more timely:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fyvyhkF8Xr4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fU-baeoyLgk&t=32s

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Gave Captain Laserhawk a try and its more Adi Shankar fun. He definitely had a good time with Ubisoft opening its character vault for him. Ray man as the Tucker Carlson talking head is a fun kind of ridiculous.

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007

Papercut posted:

It's basically learning a brand new game every episode, many of them complicated variants of other games like Mafia.

Devil's Plan is from the makers of The Genius, a South Korean game show that's kind of a cult hit. There's a thread here that (starting on page 198) has become the unofficial Devil's Plan thread due to the similarities.
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3593386

I would consider The Devil's Plan sort of "Diet The Genius". It has some similarities in structure and tone, but the long term social aspects kind of drag it down a bit in my opinion. If you want to be convinced to watch The Genius, I found this short video a good starting point:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Lng4dn1uAc

Superrodan fucked around with this message at 08:50 on Oct 26, 2023

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Superrodan posted:

It's basically learning a brand new game every episode, many of them complicated variants of other games like Mafia.

Devil's Plan is from the makers of The Genius, a South Korean game show that's kind of a cult hit. There's a thread here that (starting on page 198) has become the unofficial Devil's Plan thread due to the similarities.
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3593386

I would consider The Devil's Plan sort of "Diet The Genius". It has some similarities in structure and tone, but the long term social aspects kind of drag it down a bit in my opinion. If you want to be convinced to watch The Genius, I found this short video a good starting point:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Lng4dn1uAc

The Genius looks awesome, and we are definitely down for more of a similar show! But any idea where it can be watched? The links in the first post of the thread you linked and in the description of the YouTube video are all defunct.

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007

Brocktoon posted:

The Genius looks awesome, and we are definitely down for more of a similar show! But any idea where it can be watched? The links in the first post of the thread you linked and in the description of the YouTube video are all defunct.

The name of the people subtitling it were "baechu squad." I believe they have a site and a twitter they constantly keep updated with whatever methods are still possible. If you google it, you should be able to find all four seasons.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Turambar posted:

Ahh, my bad. The previous season was only streaming on US Netflix. I see this is now independent.

There was actually another season after the last Netflix season, this is their second independent season (that you have to donate or subscribe to their own platform to see).

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Is House of Gucci worthwhile? Like cartoonish fun or...? I do love me some Ridley Scott and The Last Duel was awesome, I just always forget he had another movie.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
Eagerly awaiting the whimsical show depicting Lucy Letby's crimes. The Thing About Pam walked so one of these could marathon.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

Punkin Spunkin posted:

Is House of Gucci worthwhile? Like cartoonish fun or...? I do love me some Ridley Scott and The Last Duel was awesome, I just always forget he had another movie.

It owns

Its literally the only movie I've ever seen where Jared Leto doing his hilariously stupid cartoonish method acting actually works (sorry Bladerunner 2077ailures)

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I really wish I could remove him from Bladerunner 2049 and swap him out with someone better.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
Oh I mixed it up with Cyberpunk 2077 lol

Whatever they're both sexy depressing futures you get the gist

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
I liked Mr. Nobody and thought Jared Leto did a good job in it

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

It’s a great movie. He didn’t ruin it or anything but I don’t think he did it any favors. If nothing else I think an older actor would have been more appropriate

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
He was perfect in Panic Room. Hate him otherwise.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Disposable Scud posted:

:hmmyes:

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
uhh... My So Called Life?!?

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
He's great in Requiem for a Dream too, both cartoonish and compelling (like most of the film), with the perfect Hubert Selby Jr character accent.

EYYY MAAA YOU'RE A JUNKIE!!!

Pigma_Micron
Jan 24, 2005

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

Disposable Scud posted:

I'm going to take a swing here and say:

"Hello, fellow AV Club list reader"

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
He's great in BR2049 because he's playing an idiot tech-messiah type character who gets high off his own farts and unless you're gonna get Elon himself to play the role, Leto is the next most appropriate option.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.

Pigma_Micron posted:

I'm going to take a swing here and say:

"Hello, fellow AV Club list reader"

I only ever read Random Roles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

veni veni veni posted:

I really wish I could remove him from Bladerunner 2049 and swap him out with someone better.

Deeply. Him being so viscerally hateable almost works on a meta level. But it's a lesser movie for it, for sure.