Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

gradenko_2000 posted:

Signing up with Hamas to make friends in your 30s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

ModernMajorGeneral posted:

The family and government have been talking about them being 'peace activists' for a while, which charitably could have been trying to encourage Hamas to be nice to them but cynically has obvious propaganda value in showing how evil Hamas is that even the peace-loving Israelis are not spared their wrath.

I dont understand I thought Hamas were baby-head-chopping maniacal animals with no soul who are 15 times worse than 9/11 and 10 times worse than the holocaust now you're telling me they're able to treat people as individuals when they couldve eaten them instead :thunk:

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

gradenko_2000 posted:

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~

Al-Saqr posted:

I dont understand I thought Hamas were baby-head-chopping maniacal animals with no soul who are 15 times worse than 9/11 and 10 times worse than the holocaust now you're telling me they're able to treat people as individuals when they couldve eaten them instead :thunk:

Clearly just a trick by the cunning terrorist devils

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

gradenko_2000 posted:

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts
Meanwhile CNN article on Lifshitz quotes her on the first part (they went through hell) but then just completely omits everything else she said. Weird.

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

quote:

When asked if the kidnappers tried to talk with the hostages, Lifshitz answered: "We told them - no politics. But they talked about all sorts of stuff. They were very friendly to us."

no politics please, thank you. also 2 billion dollar fence? :dafuq:

Marenghi
Oct 16, 2008

Don't trust the liberals,
they will betray you

Inshallah this war will be Israel's South African Border War. Apartheid South Africa had built up this image of a superior military that could not be defeated. And the losses incurred shook the national identity. No longer did White South African's consider themselves indestructible. The system of Apartheid collapsed under this new self doubt.

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

I dunno, the people bombing the hospitals and the news networks run by the people who make the bombs are all pretty clear on who is the good guys in this situation

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

the islamic resistance in south lebanon just released a video showing off the gear they've been using to knock out the Israeli Surveillance and Observation networks on the border:-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvaCdPwg0-8

They have sniper rifles that look kinda like the Barrett M82 50 Cal, but with a different compensator at the end, I wonder what that is...

They look like they're just as well equipped as any modern army should be.

It definitely seems like the Iranians have done for the Anti-Tank missiles what the Russians did for the Assault rifle - the new battle standard weapon for all resistance armies.

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020
https://twitter.com/QudsNen/status/1716764024623226921?s=20
Be interesting to see how Israeli propagandists respond to this.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

2023 american hegemony in loving shambles lol

Actually now im fine with Kissinger not dying just yet.

I want him to see the american empire crumble.

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

But have you considered whether the child murdered by the driver of that truck was riding an oversized bike?!?! Children riding oversized bikes are the scourge of our roadways!!

Zadok Allen posted:

He’s such a loving slob. Dressing like white trash wherever he goes wasn’t enough for him, so now he decided to grow a white trash cop mustache to boot.

Pittsburgh... Harrisburg... the Senator for Burger is not as in tune with the people's wants as was hoped

The people care not for Israel. Only Burger!

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Good morning. Death to the State of Israel.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Judgy Fucker posted:

Good morning. Death to the State of Israel.

Good Afternoon. DTI.

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

Al-Saqr posted:

the islamic resistance in south lebanon just released a video showing off the gear they've been using to knock out the Israeli Surveillance and Observation networks on the border:-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvaCdPwg0-8

They have sniper rifles that look kinda like the Barrett M82 50 Cal, but with a different compensator at the end, I wonder what that is...

They look like they're just as well equipped as any modern army should be.

So I guess there are 2 scenarios: 1. the Eisenhower shows up, Israel goes in, and all hell breaks loose, or 2. they don't go in, but Hezbollah keeps on poking them in the north until they have to do something.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Actually now im fine with Kissinger not dying just yet.

I want him to see the american empire crumble.

i knew poo poo was going down in march when china singlehandedly negotiated a thaw between saudi arabia and iran, stylin all over american foreign policy blob without even batting an eye

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Vox Nihili posted:

this is loving dire. the fate of pregnant women trapped in Gaza.

this is just too much

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

Confusedslight posted:

Reuters leads the way with a careful reframing of the narrative

quote:

Freed Israeli hostage describes 'hell' of abduction by Hamas

An elderly Israeli hostage who was released by Hamas overnight said she was beaten by militants as she was taken into Gaza on Oct. 7, as her husband's whereabouts remain unknown.

Seated in a wheelchair, a frail looking Lifshitz told reporters that she was beaten by her captors and taken on motorcycle into Gaza. There, they walked for a couple of kilometres in what Lifshitz described as a "spider web" of underground tunnels.

"I've been through hell," she said, assisted by her daughter, who translated her remarks from Hebrew to English.

Daniel Lifshitz, the couple's grandson, told Reuters the couple helped sick Palestinians in Gaza get to hospital for years.

"For more than a decade, they took … sick Palestinians from the Gaza Strip, not from the West Bank, from the Gaza Strip every week from the Erez border to the hospitals in Israel to get treatment for their disease, for cancer, for anything," he added.

Grandma was an angel, it turns out.

No discussion of why or how she was released, and almost nothing about her treatment during captivity.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

2023 american hegemony in loving shambles lol

What do you mean they still have power house vassals like uh (checks clipboard) uh... Great Britain, Canada and Germany? Why is this paper yellow with age?

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

i knew poo poo was going down in march when china singlehandedly negotiated a thaw between saudi arabia and iran, stylin all over american foreign policy blob without even batting an eye

The fact so few people in the imperial centre even noticed said it all.

The game has changed, Kevin Flynn.

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Look, if you're going to support a genocidal state, you can at least use proper grammar. :mad:

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

But have you considered whether the child murdered by the driver of that truck was riding an oversized bike?!?! Children riding oversized bikes are the scourge of our roadways!!

Maya Fey posted:

a what settlement

Settling a score not people

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Al-Saqr posted:

the newly released old israeli prisoners have put out a statement relaying their experiences in Hamas Captivity:-

Yochbad Lifshitz, the Israeli prisoner released by Hamas:

‎📌 They cared about the cleanliness of the place around us and they were the ones who cleaned the bathrooms, not us
‎📌 When we arrived at the detention place they told us that they were following the teachings of the Qur’an and would not harm us
‎📌 We ate the same food they ate
‎📌 They treated us nicely and responded to all our needs
‎📌 They were very friendly with us

goon reading this in complete incomprehension how they didnt get into an argument at the dinner table

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Not to be confused with meat.

Confusedslight posted:

By ignoring it (like they've been doing with accounts of the IDF's friendly fire) or by trusting people to only read the headlines and not watch the video. I'm already seeing a bunch of articles with titles quoting the same few unsavory bits from the start where she talks about the initial kidnapping. Very dishonest reporting.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Confusedslight posted:

They'll just claim she has Stockholm Syndrome. Or they'll lie. Not like anyone will check anyway.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Homeless Friend posted:

goon reading this in complete incomprehension how they didnt get into an argument at the dinner table

The old ladies specifically asked "no politics" at the Hamas guys when they were talking and they complied!

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

quiggy posted:

They'll just claim she has Stockholm Syndrome.

reminder that Stockholm Syndrome was just a thing completely made up by some dude who didn't want to believe a hostage's account that her captors treated her humanely, so that's always what Stockholm Syndrome was and is used for.

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

Al-Saqr posted:

hard to tell. iran has a few variably home grown anti-material rifles from 14.5mm to like 20mm and 23mm autocannon rounds. they're, uh, much bigger though.

i dont know how you'd id the rifle in the video. that style of handguard is pretty ubiquitous. iran's masaf could fit? or it could just be an ar-10/15 or who knows. they all can kinda look like that

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

gradenko_2000 posted:

reminder that Stockholm Syndrome was just a thing completely made up by some dude who didn't want to believe a hostage's account that her captors treated her humanely, so that's always what Stockholm Syndrome was and is used for.

wow, they can just make stuff up? they can just do that?

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

quiggy posted:

They'll just claim she has Stockholm Syndrome. Or they'll lie. Not like anyone will check anyway.

I'm hoping that someone tries to bring back Korean War-era brainwashing theory

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

fits my needs posted:

seems unfair imo

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

gradenko_2000 posted:

Wasn't it also that the negotiators did a lovely job and were unconcerned with her being put in harm's way so when she wouldn't do what they asked they surmised ah must be she's in love with these guys

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://x.com/InbarCohen13/status/1500478439077429249?s=20

https://x.com/haaretzcom/status/1716775085850218941?s=20

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Not to be confused with meat.
Has the other old lady they released testified? I can't find anything from her.

fizzy
Dec 2, 2022

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Permaban Mid Life Crisis for cheering on, supporting, lusting after, and getting off on Israeli genocide of Palestinians.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

fits my needs posted:

Remember that time some kid at the playground slide told you they invented knock knock jokes? It's like that but this playground needs a hundred billion $USD a month to not collapse.

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

gradenko_2000 posted:

yeah it's hard to overstate how much Nils Bejerot sucked. there's pretty close to a consensus that "stockholm syndrome" as it was describe with a hostage situation is not a thing. it's never been a diagnosis. it's a very strong alliteration though so it's probably never going to go away as a thing people like to say

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Cuttlefush posted:

hard to tell. iran has a few variably home grown anti-material rifles from 14.5mm to like 20mm and 23mm autocannon rounds. they're, uh, much bigger though.

i dont know how you'd id the rifle in the video. that style of handguard is pretty ubiquitous. iran's masaf could fit? or it could just be an ar-10/15 or who knows. they all can kinda look like that

Theres only so many ways you can make a semi-auto large caliber rifle so the designs tend to converge.

Or

You could be like Iran and shoulder mount the fucker

180cm long and copies barrett optics

Rigged Death Trap has issued a correction as of 12:42 on Oct 24, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

dads friend steve posted:

:thunk:

lol what is going on

as that cait article said, once someone’s eyes have been opened to the plight of Palestine the genie can’t be put back into the bottle