Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
Stelle’s really what sold me on the game, her weirdness is charming. I thought the trailblazer would be a blank slate, maybe up to a persona protag level, but instead she has a strong personality - for every boring hero straightman you get the weirdo and hotblooded dialogue options, and it won’t even pretend to let you like Sampo.

I prefer the female trailblazer just cause she feels weirder, I think she’s less emotive and more spacey in her expressions than the male trailblazer’s animations and it really works for the raccoon in humansuit energy.

Also some people continue to lose their minds over Topaz and it’s so funny that I’m definitely rolling on her. Someone even spent actual real world money $20 on tumblr just to broadcast their post about her being a class traitor and anyone who likes her being a corporate sellout irl. to thousands of people. (tumblr’s pvp is paying to force your quotes on everyone’s threads vs SA’s avatar pvp).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Wow Yukong's character quest was really gay too????

great quest

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

coolusername posted:

Stelle’s really what sold me on the game, her weirdness is charming. I thought the trailblazer would be a blank slate, maybe up to a persona protag level, but instead she has a strong personality - for every boring hero straightman you get the weirdo and hotblooded dialogue options, and it won’t even pretend to let you like Sampo.

I prefer the female trailblazer just cause she feels weirder, I think she’s less emotive and more spacey in her expressions than the male trailblazer’s animations and it really works for the raccoon in humansuit energy.

Also some people continue to lose their minds over Topaz and it’s so funny that I’m definitely rolling on her. Someone even spent actual real world money $20 on tumblr just to broadcast their post about her being a class traitor and anyone who likes her being a corporate sellout irl. to thousands of people. (tumblr’s pvp is paying to force your quotes on everyone’s threads vs SA’s avatar pvp).

they could have used that 20 bucks to roll for her instead

what a shame

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013

coolusername posted:

Tumblr Blaze is honestly a pretty great system, I don't think I've ever seen a Blazed post where it wasn't at least funny that somebody spent the money. :allears:

Also man, Topaz is a debt collector and therefore very much Part Of The Problem, but we already have like 6 cops, one of whom became a dictator, a nepo millionaire or billionaire (Asta), and a loving trillionaire at least(Herta), along with a military general, and that's just for, like, evil poo poo that's generally legal. Not even getting into the 3-5 (I really need to get around to Jingliu's quest, I'm sorta guessing on her and Luocha), I guess I'll settle on "terrorists," who commit crimes that cause devastation on a planetary scale personally, or that Jingliu brainwashed and tortured a guy.
Oh and then also Sampo is a scam artist.

Point is Topaz is bad but not even "pass up the hot girl with the treasure radar" bad, let alone "spend money to rant about it" bad.
(Also I'm pretty sure Welt used to technically be a CEO, albeit like Bronya's dictatorship a generally benevolent one. He also gets a pass for the production of a giant ninja robot anime, the tie-in "most ninja energy drink on the market," and the actual giant ninja robot like in the anime, and for the same sort of Hero poo poo the other playable Class Villains get.)

Captain France fucked around with this message at 11:03 on Oct 24, 2023

shrach
Jan 10, 2004

daylight ssssaving time

Zurai posted:

It's supposed to be 1:2 rate:damage from gear, which is really 1:1 because crit damage values are twice the crit rate values. Most characters have a base of 5% rate and 50% damage, so the example is 35:110. Still out of the "perfect ratio" but not quite as lopsided.

The base stats are irrelevant and I think you meant after gear and buffs.
It's very easy to compare and prove the overall 1:2 ratio. Eg: 35% of 110 = 38.5 while the perfect ratio shifts 20 crit damage to 10 crit chance for 45% of 90 = 40.5.

shrach fucked around with this message at 11:36 on Oct 24, 2023

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 4 days!)

I do like on the flipside, to us its funny.

to the other characters, the few times you control them, and they interact with trailblaze, they see her sarcasm and jokes as things she puts up so she doesn't get to close to anyone.

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

GateOfD posted:

I do like on the flipside, to us its funny.

to the other characters, the few times you control them, and they interact with trailblaze, they see her sarcasm and jokes as things she puts up so she doesn't get to close to anyone.

Well, their literal first memory is being abandoned by their mentor/mother figure in the middle of a huge life-or-death crisis. Can't really blame them for not seeming to really trust anyone after that.

Kale
May 14, 2010

coolusername posted:

Speaking from personal experience there's some users even on this site that take the whole leftist ideology to a ridiculous extent.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the guy who said he was uninstalling if topaz was portrayed sympathetically was lying i think

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

....Jingliu? Are you getting my texts? Plz respond...

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Kale posted:

Speaking from personal experience there's some users even on this site that take the whole leftist ideology to a ridiculous extent.

Personally, I gave on Arknights after Nearl was revealed to be a liberal.

Valleyant
Jul 23, 2007

That darn catte

Captain France posted:

Tumblr Blaze is honestly a pretty great system, I don't think I've ever seen a Blazed post where it wasn't at least funny that somebody spent the money. :allears:

Also man, Topaz is a debt collector and therefore very much Part Of The Problem, but we already have like 6 cops, one of whom became a dictator, a nepo millionaire or billionaire (Asta), and a loving trillionaire at least(Herta), along with a military general, and that's just for, like, evil poo poo that's generally legal. Not even getting into the 3-5 (I really need to get around to Jingliu's quest, I'm sorta guessing on her and Luocha), I guess I'll settle on "terrorists," who commit crimes that cause devastation on a planetary scale personally, or that Jingliu brainwashed and tortured a guy.
Oh and then also Sampo is a scam artist.

Point is Topaz is bad but not even "pass up the hot girl with the treasure radar" bad, let alone "spend money to rant about it" bad.
(Also I'm pretty sure Welt used to technically be a CEO, albeit like Bronya's dictatorship a generally benevolent one. He also gets a pass for the production of a giant ninja robot anime, the tie-in "most ninja energy drink on the market," and the actual giant ninja robot like in the anime, and for the same sort of Hero poo poo the other playable Class Villains get.)

I was rooting for topaz over the dictator for life lying to the population about her mother :colbert:

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Kale posted:

Take the path of The Equilibrium, and become an anarcho-capitalist in opposition.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I hate Topaz's dumb outfit but treasure radar + pet warp trotter mean I gotta have her.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
agreed

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

IMO, if you truly hate the IPC, the only moral thing to do is to stop logging in everyday to get the daily jade pay from the MTURK style tasks in the interastral peace guide. Show conviction!

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

if I could pull for numby alone I would but them's the breaks

sadly it'll have to wait for topaz' rerun due to my jade situation :sigh:

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

This week free tickets gave me Gepard and E5 Asta. I have enough currency to get his lightcone but I was holding off in case I got Bronya.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Valleyant posted:

I was rooting for topaz over the dictator for life lying to the population about her mother :colbert:

It's very important that we take this woman who ordered the forced imprisonment of half the population in an underground gulag for a decade and betrayed our entire society and the human race as a whole because a magic rock drove her crazy and enshrine her as a revered hero because for propaganda purposes and tradition, even though if you're just going to lie to everyone and make poo poo up to maintain stability it would be just as easy to enshrine Bronya as the hero who uncovered Cocolia's perfidy and overthrew her before she killed everyone - which would still be somewhat of a lie, but much closer to the actual truth.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

The more hosed up and twisted the cast gets...The better.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

that doesnt resolve it at all because the lie is to make it so cocolia's loyalists don't get mad

i can like and respect the writing choice they just do a poor job showing or even explaining why they have to do it. on the other hand, actual conflict is badass

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

if I recall the whole situation is more an artifact of the Belabog rewrite; the shuttering of the Underworld was originally supposed to have happened HUNDREDS of years ago, well before Cocolia's reign

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Excelzior posted:

tbh that's more an artifact of the Belabog rewrite; the shuttering of the Underworld was originally supposed to have happened HUNDREDS of years ago, well before Cocolia's reign
tbf that rewrite would probably make it even dumber because then youd have everyone hanging out happily and playing pokemon within a month of the end of hundreds of years of oppression

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Ibram Gaunt posted:

The more hosed up and twisted the cast gets...The better.

Let Luocha cook

https://twitter.com/DailyHI3Chibi/status/1713076561199636876

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Endorph posted:

tbf that rewrite would probably make it even dumber because then youd have everyone hanging out happily and playing pokemon within a month of the end of hundreds of years of oppression

:laffo: true it would definitely have limited the opportunities for followup content

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

Endorph posted:

that doesnt resolve it at all because the lie is to make it so cocolia's loyalists don't get mad

i can like and respect the writing choice they just do a poor job showing or even explaining why they have to do it. on the other hand, actual conflict is badass

We see almost zero of the political situation in Belobog and there's no indication about Cocolia's loyalists being a potential problem besides IIRC an 11th hour justification for why everyone has to pretend that Cocolia wasn't a horrific monster, so it's a pretty unsatisfying conclusion to what is otherwise basically entirely a black and white storyline.

Even Luofu's cut-up and truncated storyline does a better job of making the desires of the factions at play apparent and making it understandable why people might support the antagonist in some way - see all the people who were rooting for Dan Shu to get more.

Kanos fucked around with this message at 14:29 on Oct 24, 2023

Valleyant
Jul 23, 2007

That darn catte

Kanos posted:

We see almost zero of the political situation in Belobog and there's no indication about Cocolia's loyalists being a potential problem besides IIRC an 11th hour justification for why everyone has to pretend that Cocolia wasn't a horrific monster, so it's a pretty unsatisfying to what is otherwise basically entirely a black and white storyline.

Even Luofu's cut-up and truncated storyline does a better job of making the desires of the factions at play apparent and making it understandable why people might support the antagonist in some way - see all the people who were rooting for Dan Shu to get more.

The most you got was to say no she sucked at the end of the museum questline and then bronya censors most of it anyways

Tangents
Aug 23, 2008

Endorph posted:

to be fair, pokemon is pretty fun

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Belobog at that point was pretty much going into extinction phase. Any sort of massive unrest could literally end the place. Bronya with the limited information she had decided it would be safer to have people believe in the lie rather than have them distrust the whole government structure.

Maybe she might have acted different if she knew outside contact would happen decently quickly. But she made the choice to save society at the cost of martyring a hosed up person.

Frostpunk 101, do hosed up things to save the city

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Kanos posted:

We see almost zero of the political situation in Belobog and there's no indication about Cocolia's loyalists being a potential problem besides IIRC an 11th hour justification for why everyone has to pretend that Cocolia wasn't a horrific monster, so it's a pretty unsatisfying conclusion to what is otherwise basically entirely a black and white storyline.

there's a fair amount of writer's fiat when it comes to belobog politics but I don't think it's much of a stretch to believe that a leader like Cocolia would be lionized by a not insignificant number of people in a civilization where stable leadership can make the difference between survival and death. imagine how much easier the IPC's job would have been if Bronya had told the truth with no real evidence beyond "just trust me bro she was up to poo poo."

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

UHD posted:

there's a fair amount of writer's fiat when it comes to belobog politics but I don't think it's much of a stretch to believe that a leader like Cocolia would be lionized by a not insignificant number of people in a civilization where stable leadership can make the difference between survival and death. imagine how much easier the IPC's job would have been if Bronya had told the truth with no real evidence beyond "just trust me bro she was up to poo poo."

You could make a pretty decent argument that Cocolia's leadership was what introduced instability to the society, given that they had held out for centuries and she was the first one to jam the wedge of "well actually undergrounders are an inferior labor caste who need to be imprisoned" into the mix. Hell, you could also make the argument that making the decision to lionize Cocolia and say "well actually it was an unfortunate but totally necessary decision to condemn half of the populace to a slow death in a shantytown next to the geomarrow mines while the rest of us sat up here in the comparative plenty" would serve to antagonize the reintegrating undergrounders just as much as saying "Cocolia was an awful piece of poo poo" would antagonize her political allies.

The story's not really interested in dealing with the ramifications of that reintegration, though, because it wants to tie a neat bow on a fairly basic black and white "we came in and beat the bad guys and saved the city" storyline where everyone lives happily ever after while facing their future as a united people - which is why it feels weird for the villain to be lionized for the sake of nuanced realpolitik.

Kanos fucked around with this message at 15:07 on Oct 24, 2023

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

At least Serval went "you know what Cocolia sucked" at the end of her quest

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Kanos posted:

You could make a pretty decent argument that Cocolia's leadership was what introduced instability to the society, given that they had held out for centuries and she was the first one to jam the wedge of "well actually undergrounders are an inferior labor caste who need to be imprisoned" into the mix. Hell, you could also make the argument that making the decision to lionize Cocolia and say "well actually it was an unfortunate but totally necessary decision to condemn half of the populace to a slow death in a shantytown next to the geomarrow mines while the rest of sat up here in the comparative plenty" would serve to antagonize the reintegrating undergrounders just as much as saying "Cocolia was an awful piece of poo poo" would antagonize her political allies.

The problem is that Cocolia inherited an already slowly dying world and thought the Stellaron was the only way to save Belobog, and the literal will of all the guardians who come before her doesn't blame her. Plus in the end she does in fact, sacrifice herself to contain the Stellaron's final gambit (that's what the sphere around her when she explodes is, she knows the Stellaron is about to explode to take out Bronya and is finally herself enough again to contain it with her dying act).

It's not like the topside was actually experiencing plenty, they were dying and losing ground and suffering too, Cocolia was sending her own men out to die (Gepard's went to her about it and she told him it was necessary) and "evolve" into what she believed the next step for Belobog was.

The big difference is that we have the entirety of the Underground Leadership on our side, and Cocolia is dead and they've been told that the underground is no longer sealed. They had more direct issues with Svarog, since he was enforcing the decision for them to be kept underground a lot harsher than the Silvermane Guard were. (Because he calculated everyone on the surface was going to die, and the underground was the best place to protect the remaining population).

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

While Belobog as a whole was slowly dying, the top side is presented as a fairly cosmopolitan place, with actual homes and stuff like rock concerts and theaters and literature and other various luxuries, while the undergrounders literally live in lean-to tents in mines and junkyards.

Kanos fucked around with this message at 15:27 on Oct 24, 2023

Grizzwold
Jan 27, 2012

Posters off the pork bow!

Valleyant posted:

The most you got was to say no she sucked at the end of the museum questline and then bronya censors most of it anyways

It’s still funny to me that Bronya was like “no one must ever know the truth” while talking to you about this in the lobby of the museum.

Danakir
Feb 10, 2014

Lord_Magmar posted:

Plus in the end she does in fact, sacrifice herself to contain the Stellaron's final gambit (that's what the sphere around her when she explodes is, she knows the Stellaron is about to explode to take out Bronya and is finally herself enough again to contain it with her dying act).

Where do we learn that fact? I had no idea.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

The Fragmentum is full of ghosts and memories so I really wonder how long Bronya could keep a secret like that. It's only a matter of time before someone has the box pushing skills to figure it out.

Though I suppose with Topaz backing her it's a lot easier now.

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

Probably pushing it after this generation is safely dead and buried and it becomes a historical fact. You know, like Cyrille the Fool

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat
If I lose the 75/25 on this weapon banner, am I guaranteed to get the banner light cone on the next banner?

Does it carry over?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Yes