Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

What's a good torrent client in tyool 2023?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goon Boots
Feb 2, 2020

A Buttery Pastry posted:

proof that horseshoe theory is real in video games. they went so far left, they started a cultural genocide.

Separate sliders for how many gay/lesbian/trans/intersex people there, and how "in your face" everyone is about their sexuality/identity/gender expression. you should be able to see just how straight your vision is, by people making out/having sex in public.

if people wanna see whos what, just give spiderman x-ray vision, except it'll be like x-gay vision or something

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

genericnick posted:

I use "Deluge"

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

genericnick posted:

i always used tixati

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Homeless Friend posted:

i always used tixati

gradenko_2000 posted:

I use "Deluge"

Thanks, those look good.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Cuttlefush posted:

i have no idea what you're referring to but that does sound like a good reddit post. i snipped that pick from playstationlifestyle.net

The one uncle wemus posted that wanted to put a gay slider in spiderman

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

loquacius posted:

The one uncle wemus posted that wanted to put a gay slider in spiderman

oh i thought the gay slider was real

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
every game should have a gay slider right under fov

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

isnt spiderman 2 (the third insomniac spiderman game) ps5 only so only like 33 people are playing it anyway? i guess one of them is racist (centre)

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

The difficulty slider is the gay slider. Real gamers crank it

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"

genericnick posted:

qbittorrent is the supreme commander controller of torrent clients but its very good imo

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Communist Thoughts posted:

isnt spiderman 2 (the third insomniac spiderman game) ps5 only so only like 33 people are playing it anyway? i guess one of them is racist (centre)

Why would only 33 people be playing it?

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

big mean giraffe posted:

Why would only 33 people be playing it?

"PS5 has got no games blah blah blah" :jerkbag:

Dion Blaster
Jun 2, 2023

Work Your Body

genericnick posted:

PC — Tixati
Android — 1DM+

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Spider-Man 2 is really good

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Good week for fnf mods, two of my favorites got an update. Friday Night Crunchin and Ourple Guy both got new songs and ourple got a big art overhaul.

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

Communist Thoughts posted:

https://www.polygon.com/23928661/spider-man-2-ps5-sales-fastest-selling-playstation-game

Spider-man 2 is Sony's fastest selling first-party game with over 2.5 million sales on launch day

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

https://www.polygon.com/23928661/spider-man-2-ps5-sales-fastest-selling-playstation-game

Spider-man 2 is Sony's fastest selling first-party game with over 2.5 million sales on launch day

wow the 33 people playing bought a lot of copies

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

2.4 million of them were bought by that one dude hoping to get the only copy with a wokeness slider.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

too many games

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
The women officer toggle is hilarious cause it's clearly an attempt to palcate the "historical realism" grognards while also letting the devs make big boobed women who can kill armies by themselves.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

MonsieurChoc posted:

The women officer toggle is hilarious cause it's clearly an attempt to palcate the "historical realism" grognards while also letting the devs make big boobed women who can kill armies by themselves.

*me not reading this paragraph* yeah it's cool when they put boobs in games

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

The Musou Empire games lets you make your own character, and iirc they have a boob slider.

Risutora
Dec 28, 2006

what kind of chud is okay with women as musou officers but not as grunts?

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

Risutora posted:

what kind of chud is okay with women as musou officers but not as grunts?

harem chud

Orb Crabmelt
Jan 16, 2011

Nyorp.
Clapping Larry

MonsieurChoc posted:

The women officer toggle is hilarious cause it's clearly an attempt to placate the "historical realism" grognards while also letting the devs make big boobed women who can kill armies by themselves.

I think the "famous officers only" setting is for the big boobers who do army killing designed by the developers (good) instead of the created characters of horny players (bad) but I could be wrong. I'm not sure because I just always turned off all custom characters.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Orb Crabmelt posted:

I think the "famous officers only" setting is for the big boobers who do army killing designed by the developers (good) instead of the created characters of horny players (bad) but I could be wrong. I'm not sure because I just always turned off all custom characters.

Could also be to let you play as Akechi's daughter

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

i bet sun tzu would approve of a general with big swingin mamms. what a way to confuse and distract your enemies!

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

loquacius posted:

How do people who get mad at pride flags because they're political walk around in public

By themselves, if my father-in-law is any indication of a pattern. I'd bet a large portion of them never actually leave the house because no one they know wants to be seen with them when they inevitably go on one of their hateful, expletive packed rants directed at the poor kid stocking shelves at Publix or working the dinner shift at [restaurant].

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Hatebag posted:

i bet sun tzu would approve of a general with big swingin mamms. what a way to confuse and distract your enemies!

Legend has it he trained a squad of concubines to prove a point.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

When the warrior concubine enters the battlefield, the enemy quakes; when your mother enters the battlefield, the entire field quakes. - Sun Tzu

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Grapplejack posted:

When the warrior concubine enters the battlefield, the enemy quakes; when your mother enters the battlefield, the entire field quakes. - Sun Tzu

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
I have a question, maybe it might be weird but whatever

I've always had this idea that pinball machines could be mastered. That is, you should be able to figure out where along the length of the flipper you should flip the ball, and at what given force, in order to make it go precisely where you want. Or even do it like a serve where you toss the pinball into the air with the first press of a button, then while the ball is still within the arc of the flipper, you hit it again with a second press.

does it work like that? is there a video I could watch that provides commentary on the technique of how to beat a pinball table, the same way people do comment-heavy speedrun videos where they explain exactly how the level skip or whatever was accomplished?

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

gradenko_2000 posted:

I've always had this idea that pinball machines could be mastered. That is, you should be able to figure out where along the length of the flipper you should flip the ball, and at what given force, in order to make it go precisely where you want. Or even do it like a serve where you toss the pinball into the air with the first press of a button, then while the ball is still within the arc of the flipper, you hit it again with a second press.

does it work like that? is there a video I could watch that provides commentary on the technique of how to beat a pinball table, the same way people do comment-heavy speedrun videos where they explain exactly how the level skip or whatever was accomplished?

it makes sense that there would be some 'strategy', given that where the ball is on the flipper when you flip it is going to ultimately define where it ends up. towards the inside of the flipper you're going to flip the ball back up to the side of the board the flipper is on while going out towards the end of the flipper could get you up the middle aisle or on the other side of the board (though you risk losing the ball down the chute if you get too ambitious there).

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
They are doing a good job of moving along the hype this time.

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

gradenko_2000 posted:

not really, there's going to be small bits of grease and dust inside the machine affecting the ball, a spring that's lost compressibility, one of the table's feet could be wobbly, and a million other reasons why the ball don't go where it's supposed to.
you could probably master a computer pinball game if it was modelled honestly
you can certainly get better at a given table if you play it enough

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Goon Boots posted:

if people wanna see whos what, just give spiderman x-ray vision, except it'll be like x-gay vision or something
he already has his spider-sense. just like, make his butthole tingle when there's a gay guy around, easy.