Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Major offseason goal for the Astros is Dana Brown preventing Jim Crane from signing Ryne Stanek to a 4yr/50m contract. Other than that, not much to do. Sign Tucker to an extension while his stock is as low as we're ever gonna see it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

That's on you, Texas. You let that rot fester and now look it's covered in mold.

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

And Ken Paxton, who is, almost unbelievably, an even worse person.

https://twitter.com/scottbraddock/status/1716659014019186709

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Mattress Mack is the most beautiful boating small business tyrant of all time lol

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Harlock posted:

https://twitter.com/NBCSPhilly/status/1716628997935694027

Better hope Bohm, Stott, and Castellanos do something tomorrow or the team is toast

I'm amazed it took another team this long to figure it out.

Ranger gives them a chance, but it's gonna be a horrible loving nail-biter, and I do not want to see Kerkering or Kimbrel.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

I don't think we'll see anybody that pitched game 6, the choices all seemed intentional

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.
Oh please oh please let them use Kimbrel again :doit:

Red
Apr 15, 2003

shyduck posted:

I don't think we'll see anybody that pitched game 6, the choices all seemed intentional

Yeah it felt awesome to realize Thomson and the players gave up in like the 5th inning

https://twitter.com/jennnnarose/status/1716611443045401069

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Imagine if Brian Snitker said, "I'm going to force the Phillies to find someone else to beat us besides Bryce Harper."

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

Red posted:

Imagine if Brian Snitker said, "I'm going to force the Phillies to find someone else to beat us besides Bryce Harper."

i mean that series both trea and casty were raking so the phillies still probably pull it out but it definitely goes 5

the philadelphia phillies are dogshit garbage (but they will win tonight)

Red
Apr 15, 2003

aBagorn posted:

i mean that series both trea and casty were raking so the phillies still probably pull it out but it definitely goes 5

the philadelphia phillies are dogshit garbage (but they will win tonight)

I know, I'm laying it on thick, but Snitker has traditionally let Harper kill the Braves.

https://twitter.com/Go_Sixers_Go/status/1716773798874096098

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

https://twitter.com/jon_bois/status/1716651260324004187?s=46&t=BHs6Pl38GJXGN2Y4xeriNA

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

The most nothing World Series of all time.

It will be forgotten the next day.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Oh? Is there still baseball going on?

Red
Apr 15, 2003

zoux posted:

Oh? Is there still baseball going on?

https://twitter.com/philliefan215/status/1716832491473084702

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

While I am disappointed of course, I'm feeling more relaxed today than I have in weeks. You ever not realize how stressed you are about something until the stress is gone?

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

zoux posted:

While I am disappointed of course, I'm feeling more relaxed today than I have in weeks. You ever not realize how stressed you are about something until the stress is gone?

Yeah it's nice. Plus they won last year so the disappointment hasn't lingered as much as 2019

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Plus someone did the we want Houston chant and won so now that curse is lifted.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Slightly up from home plate, 600 bucks a ticket.

.............gonna be a quick no from the missus, I'd wager, but I've gotta ask

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

That’s not a bad deal for a World Series game, especially if it’s not the top deck

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

bawfuls posted:

That’s not a bad deal for a World Series game, especially if it’s not the top deck

Yeah but it's in Arlington

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Shinjobi posted:

Slightly up from home plate, 600 bucks a ticket.

.............gonna be a quick no from the missus, I'd wager, but I've gotta ask

If it helps - you may never get this chance again in your lifetime.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Red posted:

Oh trust me, I know

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

Red posted:

I live in Vegas now, if it’s the DBacks we end up playing I might call off work a couple days and drive down to Phoenix for a game.

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

Kirios posted:

Even if this fantasy comes true it'll still only be the 2nd most illegitimate WS of the last decade so whatever.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Has anyone else vomited today? No? Me neither

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Kirios posted:

lmfao

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

Excited to see the first ever World Series game played in a Tuff Shed.

opposable thumbs.db
Jan 7, 2008
It's hard to say that it's wrong that my life revolves around my dog when she is cuter and more interesting than me
Pillbug
Hmm should I spend $300+ to take the train to Philly tonight and to be the only Diamondbacks fan in attendance?

just kidding I don't want to have beer dumped on me

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Traxis posted:

2nd.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Kirios posted:

When you’re not owned

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

Oh yeah I forgot the covid series was played there. First World Series featuring a home team that plays in a Tuff Shed, then.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

When you’re not owned

How is Jon Bois owned on this?

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

DOOMocrat posted:

Even if this fantasy comes true it'll still only be the 2nd most illegitimate WS of the last decade so whatever.

third! don't forget the Red Sox in 2018.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Traxis posted:

More like a giant grill

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

shyduck posted:

I don't think Arizona will win but it would be very silly if this team makes the World Series.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

If your team is in the world series and it won't put you in the poor house please find a way to go. Like others have said it might not happen again anytime soon and you'll be so mad if you miss the chance overthinking it!

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

shyduck posted:

No but oh my god do I want to doompost and just start pre-ranting like the Philies have already lost, I do not feel good about this at all.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
I think the posters might be right, now that the Astros are out why do we need to watch the world series? The great evil has been stopped, and in emphatic fashion. It's just a denouement

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

CapnAndy posted:

No but oh my god do I want to doompost and just start pre-ranting like the Philies have already lost, I do not feel good about this at all.
I'm getting a 2011 NLDS feeling from all of this. I don't think I've ever been more irate watching a baseball game than I was watching that game 5