Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

Go into the advanced tab and switch it to TAA, even if you are a TAA hater. Dunno if the SMAA/FXAA implementations are busted or somethin, but in motion, the TAA is dramatically nicer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grundma
Mar 26, 2007

DOG controls your destiny. Seek out three items of his favor and then seek his shrine.
I fired it up to test during lunch and it looks like absolute poo poo on medium settings. Ive got a 3070 and updated my drivers today. Props like HVAC on rooftops look black unless youre super zoomed in. Textures look pitiful

Edit fixed link

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!
[CRITICAL] System update error during UITooltip.

--edit: It's worthwhile to inspect utility buildings directly to see their upgrades. Wind turbines support mini battery backups. I was already wondering why the radio guy was going on about rolling black outs and poo poo.

Combat Pretzel fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Oct 24, 2023

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

game is unplayable until someone makes a mod that disables the talk radio segments

Concurred
Apr 23, 2003

My team got swept out of the playoffs, and all I got was this avatar and red text

big brother is always watching

Only registered members can see post attachments!

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

turn off the TV posted:

game is unplayable until someone makes a mod that disables the talk radio segments

From watching Sips play it over the last couple of days it sure is annoying how often those repeat, sometimes literally playing the same skit twice in a row.

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay
24 fps in the main menu with a RTX 4090, what the hell?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Concurred posted:

big brother is always watching

I remember this from SC4

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

explosivo posted:

From watching Sips play it over the last couple of days it sure is annoying how often those repeat, sometimes literally playing the same skit twice in a row.

there's also no way to turn them off without turning off the music lol

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica

turn off the TV posted:

there's also no way to turn them off without turning off the music lol

what the gently caress

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers

Combat Pretzel posted:

The way how say service roads connect to things like water and sewage pumps is unsatisfying, because it doesn't line up.

:hmmyes:

Maybe I breezed through the tutorial too quickly, but linking up power, sewage, and/or roads to something I built before the utility connection seems to be really loving irritating.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

7800X3D+3090 in the 100k test city at night in the rain. 1080p, windowed fullscreen, TAA on, motion blur off. everything else set to high:

21fps

doing the recommended tweaks of depth of field off, volumetrics off, and LOD set to medium:

36fps

during the day, no rain, same scene:

30fps

with tweaks:

44fps

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Think my biggest annoyance so far is when trying to plop roads, pipes etc really close and perfect all the little details (angle, height, etc) that pop up block my view

Very gridy and just trying things out

I'm mostly hoovering around 30-40fps with my 1080p and using the guide from reddit for settings

Also, 102k people playing
https://steamdb.info/app/949230/charts/

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
https://twitter.com/who_shot_jgr/status/1716627676239142953?s=20

https://twitter.com/who_shot_jgr/status/1716627679372321170?s=20

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

pictured, elementary school student on his way to school while the world slowly turns into LODs around him because I turned photo mode on

BastardySkull
Apr 12, 2007

Is anyone getting insane flickering in the shadows of things like fences and streetlights when the sun is setting? I'm using the settings recommended on the last page on a 3070.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord

I feel like it’s weirdly unhealthy to be this excited, but here I am

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!
Those chirpers are truly a representation of Twitter, right? I got people bitching about lovely healthcare while my medical clinic has gently caress-all to do and all my roads have good coverage by said clinic.

Cemetery efficiency 108% wat.

Combat Pretzel fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Oct 24, 2023

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
Getting 15-25FPS on the 100k test map on my 1070 in the rain. It could definitely be worse, but I do also have the graphics turned down a fair amount.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

I think that's a record for a Paradox game (outside free to play CK2)

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Combat Pretzel posted:

For every 10 people who die, we will bury 11 corpses.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Combat Pretzel posted:

Those chirpers are truly a representation of Twitter, right? I got people bitching about lovely healthcare while my medical clinic has gently caress-all to do and all my roads have good coverage by said clinic.

Sometimes dead is better.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

very glad that the game just gives you hundreds of thousands/millions of dollars for free so you don't have to do things like manage your city or worry about the budget at all in this city simulation/management game and get to fully enjoy the incredibly bland visuals and annoying repetitive radio segments

Sashimi
Dec 26, 2008

College Slice
Ryzen 7 5700X and RX6800 XT on 1440 ultrawide. 25 fps in the menu at launch, quadrupled after applying Grand Fromage's recommnedations which bear repeating:

Grand Fromage posted:

From what I've gathered here's the tech advice everyone should do right away:

A) Turn off VSync.
B) Turn off dynamic resolution. Having it on does give you a few more FPS but it makes the game look like fried rear end and isn't worth it.
C) Turn LOD to low.
D) Turn volumetrics low or off.
E) Turn off fog, which just makes everything look muddy anyway.
F) Turn off depth of field.

Play with it from there.

32 fps after loading the starting square in Mountain village with most settings on high, high 40s after changing most settings to medium. Let's see how this goes once stuff starts getting built.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

the new road tools are remarkably bad at keeping zonable areas aligned. I'm not really sure what the deal is, I can drag a road that's a 180 degree perfectly straight continuation of an existing one and it will retroactively break the existing grid and cause seemingly random misalignments. is there some snapping option that fucks things up?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I thought there was suppose to be a way to have electricity lines, and water/sewer pipes handled automatically?

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

I said come in! posted:

I thought there was suppose to be a way to have electricity lines, and water/sewer pipes handled automatically?

they're in roads but there's low voltage and high voltage lines, you need to run a high voltage line from a power plant to a transformer to convert it into low voltage to actually be used by buildings

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Combat Pretzel posted:

They're talking absolute bare poo poo, they've got no clue

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

from reviews and posts here it seems like the game is a bit unfinished and not well optimized?

this is probably a good thing because I've got too many video games to play anyway, and it'll probably be a on sale/bundled with cool DLC in a year or two!

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

turn off the TV posted:

they're in roads but there's low voltage and high voltage lines, you need to run a high voltage line from a power plant to a transformer to convert it into low voltage to actually be used by buildings

Gotcha! I really want a mod that just does away with the need to worry about power and pipes. :P

smoobles posted:

from reviews and posts here it seems like the game is a bit unfinished and not well optimized?

this is probably a good thing because I've got too many video games to play anyway, and it'll probably be a on sale/bundled with cool DLC in a year or two!

Exactly what I was expecting. And not saying that everyone else should have expected the same, it sucks when a game releases so obviously unfinished. I love me a city sim, and wanted this to be really good right out of the gate. Thankful for Game Pass, so nothing lost!

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

I said come in! posted:

Gotcha! I really want a mod that just does away with the need to worry about power and pipes. :P

CS1 had a mod(s) that did that, sure it will be made for this too.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
Am I missing something, or are public libraries just... not a thing?

Zoobtro
Aug 22, 2003

Got miself a nice little earner, isn't it
running fine, don't enjoy the radio people speaking

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

It does seem impossible to create a road without broken zoning.

Why is that gap there? It's a single straight segment of road dragged out in one action. Going to need a lot of Move It in this game.

E: I don't have a FPS counter but it is also running fine for me. I set to medium then did the tweaks I posted. 3060ti. Temps and load are good, we'll see how it goes.

Grand Fromage fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Oct 24, 2023

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4

Grand Fromage posted:

It does seem impossible to create a road without broken zoning.

Why is that gap there? It's a single straight segment of road dragged out in one action. Going to need a lot of Move It in this game.

This happened in the previous game, too - it wants the grid to line up nicely with the end of the road section, but there's not enough room in the middle for one more square of zoneable area.

It's super annoying!

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009
Does snap to grid cell length not help?

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

OddObserver posted:

Does snap to grid cell length not help?

It does for that particular instance, I played with it some more. The snapping options are going to take some time to get used to, they don't work quite like 1.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

death cob for cutie posted:

This happened in the previous game, too - it wants the grid to line up nicely with the end of the road section, but there's not enough room in the middle for one more square of zoneable area.

It's super annoying!

that kind of thing didn't happen in CS1 so long as your initial node placement was on an existing road and you used 90 degree angles

MikeC
Jul 19, 2004
BITCH ASS NARC
Also having difficulty understanding how the zones are laid out but I am just flowing with it. 1440p with a 3080 is doing just fine right now, around 60fps

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

death cob for cutie posted:

Am I missing something, or are public libraries just... not a thing?

This is meant to be realistic. :P (joking! yeah, libraries are not in this game that I can see).