Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

FizFashizzle posted:

Why write it down when you can just scream it out

Its a lot harder to pick a fight when your order comes out the way you asked

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
https://twitter.com/ask_aubry/status/1716857149182116192?s=20

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Android Apocalypse posted:

I don't go to Waffle House often as I don't live near any but TIL the wait staff don't write down orders.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jky5ZXI0axc

I took my daughter and son to Waffle House for breakfast a couple of weeks ago and my daughter’s eyes popped out at how much food you got for $11. She snacked on the leftover hash browns all day. She also saw how hard they work over there (she loves cooking and wanted to watch them work the griddle). It was bustling at 9am and they were busting their butts.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Crypto has been surging ever since Putin died yesterday

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

swickles posted:

Its a lot harder to pick a fight when your order comes out the way you asked

https://i.imgur.com/ShDmkYX.mp4

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

That entire fight was the stuff of legends

Recursive
Jul 15, 2006

... but then again, who does?

Android Apocalypse posted:

I don't go to Waffle House often as I don't live near any but TIL the wait staff don't write down orders.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jky5ZXI0axc

I was going to poo poo all over the production values in this video, but then I remembered it was Waffle House and it was probably put together by someone(s) relatively unskilled and on the cheap doing the best they can and then I just got sad. :smith:

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
I know people like to post things from twitter or reddit and say "I think about this everyday". I legitimately think about this several times a week:

https://twitter.com/redditships/status/1260126130687881217?t=4nCcrs78E2plBhfzFGY-SQ&s=19

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Just got hit pulling into my driveway. As in I was turning into my driveway and someone tried speeding past me on the right and hit me. What the gently caress is wrong with people

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

Joey Freshwater posted:

Just got hit pulling into my driveway. As in I was turning into my driveway and someone tried speeding past me on the right and hit me. What the gently caress is wrong with people
Ughhh, that sucks dude. I hope you're okay and that the damage isn't too bad.

I see people drive like maniacs all the time and it just loving baffles me. Feels like every time I'm on the highway there's at least one sociopath weaving through traffic doing 80+...

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Joey Freshwater posted:

That's hosed up, how did they think there was even space to do that?

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
What did they say when you all got out of the cars?

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

“Can’t park there mate”

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
At least you'll have start up capital for your Jump to Conclusions matt

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

sorry you got hit, man. Got a ring camera?

Also doubling back to a couple days ago and kitchen chat....this is my current kitchen. I'm thinking of doing a dark green and obviously replacing the backsplash, thinking subway tiles.

something like this

obviously imagine my countertop isn't hot loving garbage.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Bird in a Blender posted:

That's hosed up, how did they think there was even space to do that?

It’s a somewhat wide street but still a two lane. There was even a car to my right parked on the street. I had my blinker on and was slowed down because the mail lady was walking through my driveway. I’d cut a little wide because the trash cans were on either side of my driveway, but this is a residential street that’s also a school zone. She was going to the school to pick up her kid.

She told my insurance that I “changed lanes and hit her”.

The neighbor has a ring cam and sent me the video:

https://i.imgur.com/8U0i98k.mp4

Pron on VHS posted:

What did they say when you all got out of the cars?

I asked her why she was going so fast and passing me on the right when there’s cars parked and I had my blinker on. She started screaming at me, called me a retarded n-word.

The USPS lady said she saw all of it and would give a statement and the other lady quieted down after that.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Joey Freshwater posted:

Obviously I'd totally be a bro on a jury, but was your turn signal on? That kinda looks like you were about to turn left. Luckily we have a former insurance adjuster in the chat thread.

Also love the house color.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

FizFashizzle posted:

Obviously I'd totally be a bro on a jury, but was your turn signal on? That kinda looks like you were about to turn left. Luckily we have a former insurance adjuster in the chat thread.

Also love the house color.

Turn signal was on and turn left where? There’s a house there.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal

Joey Freshwater posted:

It’s a somewhat wide street but still a two lane. There was even a car to my right parked on the street. I had my blinker on and was slowed down because the mail lady was walking through my driveway. I’d cut a little wide because the trash cans were on either side of my driveway, but this is a residential street that’s also a school zone. She was going to the school to pick up her kid.

I asked her why she was going so fast and passing me on the right when there’s cars parked and I had my blinker on. She started screaming at me, called me a retarded n-word.

The USPS lady said she saw all of it and would give a statement and the other lady quieted down after that.

I hope she dies, Joey

T-Square
May 14, 2009

FizFashizzle posted:

Also doubling back to a couple days ago and kitchen chat....this is my current kitchen. I'm thinking of doing a dark green and obviously replacing the backsplash, thinking subway tiles.

something like this

Hell yeah, this is what we’re planning on doing this upcoming spring. Probably going to replace the cabinet doors and sand/paint the existing cabinets. I might steal that subway tile backsplash idea, but we’re planning on doing darker matte subway tile on the floor (because those little hexagonal tiles are hilariously expensive) so that might look weird

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Joey Freshwater posted:

That loving sucks, dude, glad it's not serious and doesn't look like any real car damage. Seems pretty open and shut given everything, so hope you can get well compensated for this.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Waffle House chat: I was in Colorado Springs this weekend, and my wife saw a Waffle House. She's always wanted to eat there before so we decided to go in (and we had done a grueling hike earlier that day so we had earned it). She ordered a pumpkin waffle, and I've never seen my wife happier. Her immediate response was "we need to get rid of all the Denny's in our state and replace them with Waffle House" and I can't disagree with her.

Our cook was doing tricks as he was cooking the food. I was just happy he washed his hands before doing so.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Joey Freshwater posted:

Wish we didn’t live in a society so pressed for time that speeding through a neighborhood is a standard occurrence. Our streets are narrow and people park right up to the corner so it’s terribly hard to see at 4-way intersections, and people blow through them like they’re on a wide-open country lane.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

did you go to Garden of the Gods

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
I truly hate cars and am so glad and fortunate to not need one

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Joey Freshwater posted:

Glad you've got the video proof, that always makes life easier. Too bad you didn't get the slurs on camera though, that's some hosed up poo poo.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Joey Freshwater posted:

Your turn signal was on so there is no reason she should've hit you but it definitely looks like you were moving to the left and were a ways into the oncoming lane. But turn signal negates all that. Sucks you had to deal with her going all Karen on you.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Joey Freshwater posted:

oh my bad, the darker part looks like a driveway. glad you're alright dude. also

Pron on VHS posted:

I hope she dies, Joey

T-Square posted:

Hell yeah, this is what we’re planning on doing this upcoming spring. Probably going to replace the cabinet doors and sand/paint the existing cabinets. I might steal that subway tile backsplash idea, but we’re planning on doing darker matte subway tile on the floor (because those little hexagonal tiles are hilariously expensive) so that might look weird

oh dude i used large hexagonal tiles in my downstairs bathroom, and it was the first time I'd ever done tiling.

Let's just say I have a lot of bath mats and I tell people not to look too closely.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

FizFashizzle posted:

something like this

Yes. Do that, it looks great. Are you swapping out countertops too?

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Wanna feel :corsair:?
https://twitter.com/dailyloud/status/1716835758202380551?s=46&t=crshEc6ZJO1zh40ZDAIfPQ

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

wandler20 posted:

Yes. Do that, it looks great. Are you swapping out countertops too?

ughhhhhhhhhh i dunno

definitely hate them, and would love to replace them with butcher block, but I haven't researched how much that would cost. I also want to get rid of close side of the U shape and make an island. That side has the dishwasher in it though, so some creativity would be required. However, the near angle of the U is one of those worthless lazy susan pot storage things that probably has enough room for me to just stick one there.

Also I loving hate sliding doors and this place has one that leads out to the back deck and back yard fenced in area. Basically priceless for addie, but I've had to get some cheap piece of poo poo insert for a dog door and god only knows how many bugs/heat/cool air get out of that thing. I want french doors and I found one that has a dog door built in but it's like 2300 dollars. I think eventually what I'm gonna do is just roll with this thing for a while and MAYBE see if I can install a dog door to the bottom left, by the cabinet. I know some wires run up through there but I'll just get my electrician buddy to help me move them around.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
So I talked to my adjuster again after she watched the video. She said the other person is 100% at fault and denied her claim. Per Georgia law she has to yield to right of way, which was mine. Didn’t matter if my blinker was on or if I was stopped in the middle of the road, she passed me on a two lane road on the right.

My adjuster also said the lady told her that I changed lanes and turned into her and that she slammed on her brakes and honked but I kept going. You can clearly see none of that happened.

Thanks y’all. I’ve had a poo poo week and this just piles on. My sister had to put her 13 year old dog down. We were also supposed to take our dogs down to the beach this weekend and I don’t think that’s happening now. The dogs won’t fit in the gf’s car.

e; I know it doesn’t look like much but my alignment is all hosed up and when I turn the car on the dash lights up because all the sensors for emergency breaking, proximity etc are all in the front bumper. It’s also making a weird noise coming from that side that I can’t figure out when I drive it. I don’t feel safe driving it 5hrs.

Joey Freshwater fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Oct 24, 2023

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Someone in this thread, probably Leperflesh, once said they want stainless steel countertops in their kitchen and I haven’t stopped thinking about such an incredible move

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

I was going to say I’ve never seen someone pass from the right like that, but some drivers have serious protagonist syndrome

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Joey Freshwater posted:

So I talked to my adjuster again after she watched the video. She said the other person is 100% at fault and denied her claim. Per Georgia law she has to yield to right of way, which was mine. Didn’t matter if my blinker was on or if I was stopped in the middle of the road, she passed me on a two lane road on the right.

My adjuster also said the lady told her that I changed lanes and turned into her and that she slammed on her brakes and honked but I kept going. You can clearly see none of that happened.

Thanks y’all. I’ve had a poo poo week and this just piles on. My sister had to put her 13 year old dog down. We were also supposed to take our dogs down to the beach this weekend and I don’t think that’s happening now. The dogs won’t fit in the gf’s car.

e; I know it doesn’t look like much but my alignment is all hosed up and when I turn the car on the dash lights up because all the sensors for emergency breaking, proximity etc are all in the front bumper. It’s also making a weird noise coming from that side that I can’t figure out when I drive it. I don’t feel safe driving it 5hrs.

I want the adjuster to sit down with the lady and show the video and then look up at her and just say "So. About those things you said happened"

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

I want the Binford 6100 Mans Kitchen

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

a neat cape posted:

I want the adjuster to sit down with the lady and show the video and then look up at her and just say "So. About those things you said happened"

Lol. I wish I could have heard the convo. When she was yelling at me I remembered that my neighbor has a ton of cameras all over his house because of a breakin a while back. I almost pointed them out to her but I’m glad I didn’t. He was more than happy to provide the video.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

bobjr posted:

I was going to say I’ve never seen someone pass from the right like that, but some drivers have serious protagonist syndrome

That’s a given in Texas.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

wandler20 posted:

Your turn signal was on so there is no reason she should've hit you but it definitely looks like you were moving to the left and were a ways into the oncoming lane. But turn signal negates all that. Sucks you had to deal with her going all Karen on you.

yeah, that's a bizarrely wide turn. I could see someone assuming you were parking on the your left hand side of the street. I mean you literally did change lanes and hit her.

but, you signaled

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jaadee
May 3, 2013

Joey Freshwater posted:

All I can think about is that this woman knows exactly where you live and has proven to be completely unhinged. Maybe the fact that she knows there's a camera pointing at the property will make her less likely to seek vengeance?