Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

pentyne posted:

speaking of these are back in stock after a while

They're $15 for 3, and in regular stores are usually at least $10, so I bought them because $5 for a huge meal is a great price nowadays.

Can't seem to find a good way to cook them with the air fryer though. I either get moderately burned toppings and a nice cook on the crust or the toppings get cooked up without burning but the crust is soft and limp.

What are you placing it on? Is it just a normal looking oven rack type thing? I assume you've already tried the usual air fryer trick of oiling the crust

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

pentyne posted:

They're $15 for 3, and in regular stores are usually at least $10, so I bought them because $5 for a huge meal is a great price nowadays.

Can't seem to find a good way to cook them with the air fryer though. I either get moderately burned toppings and a nice cook on the crust or the toppings get cooked up without burning but the crust is soft and limp.

gotta preheat your pans for those. makes all the difference in the world in an oven. not sure about an air fryer though. doesn’t seem ideal

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

What are you placing it on? Is it just a normal looking oven rack type thing? I assume you've already tried the usual air fryer trick of oiling the crust

The wire metal rack the fryer comes with.

yeah it definitely isn't suited to an air fryer. The package wants 425 for 9-10 minutes in a regular oven, when I do 400@9min for the fryer it burns the top.

Even at 350 for 10 mins I had to stop it a little over halfway as the top started to burn.

It's still fine and edible but this is clearly not the recommended cooking method.

pentyne fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Oct 24, 2023

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Yeah, its probably not gonna work out. Assuming your air fryer is like most typical models, the fan/heat is blowing down from the top, so unless you can flip the pizza upside down without destroying it it'll always be uneven. Whenever I cook a whole rear end chicken in mine, I flip it upside down part of the time to get it cooked nice and even.

Jim Cramer
Sep 18, 2009
I've never used an air fryer, but I can say a preheated pizza stone in a traditional oven makes all the difference in the world.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

maybe the air fryer would be ok if you threw some insulation on top of the pie? like a little foil dome or perhaps another pie in the style of a sad calzone?

bizwank
Oct 4, 2002

Once I tried the Motor City Pizza Co. Double Pepperoni Pizza I've not bothered with any other frozen pizzas from the 'co. They cook up great in my toaster oven.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Dick Fontaine posted:

maybe the air fryer would be ok if you threw some insulation on top of the pie? like a little foil dome or perhaps another pie in the style of a sad calzone?

The problem sounds more like an issue of "there's a large disc in the way of the airpath, hot air's not getting past it to circulate down around the bottom".

Decedent
Dec 20, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

bizwank posted:

Once I tried the Motor City Pizza Co. Double Pepperoni Pizza I've not bothered with any other frozen pizzas from the 'co. They cook up great in my toaster oven.

Yeah, the cheesy breadsticks are ok too, now I say no dish but deep dish.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Decedent posted:

Thank god we have an expert. Please senpai, show us your recipe?

I just told you

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

SilvergunSuperman posted:

Costco has the worst pizza I can remember since mcdonalds had it when I was a kid.

It's putrid.

I will have you know McDonalds pizza is/was (they still have it in Canada I think) good for being under $5 for a personal like 30 years ago. Their All You Can Eat Pizza nights were fun too.

And Costco pizza is good. Just heat it up for 10 mins at 400 and it becomes nice and crispy

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Costco pizza is ok.

It’s IMO really good for $10 especially for large parties

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan
That Vicolo pizza looks good but I've never seen it here. We get the Bellatoria extra thin crust sausage, which are nice because they're small, agood meal for two with a salad then it's gone.

Sausage >>>> Pepperoni.

mds2
Apr 8, 2004

Australia: 131114
Canada: 18662773553
Germany: 08001810771
India: 8888817666
Japan: 810352869090
Russia: 0078202577577
UK: 08457909090
US: 1-800-273-8255

pentyne posted:

Maybe try covering them with a piece of foil part way through

E: beaten

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZT8kCnvjC/

Dear lord. I've seen what you've done for others, and I'd like that for me.

namlosh
Feb 11, 2014

I name this haircut "The Sad Rhino".

StormDrain posted:

Lol, we’ve got a bunch of those in our cabinet

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

silicone thrills posted:

I was wary but i finally bought the fit crunch bars today. Theyre legitimately the best protein bar ive ever had.

Been having a hard time eating at all and getting something that gets some calories and protein in me that tastes good is nice.

These bars are good but don't eat more than one a day.

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"
4 grams of saturated fat is pretty drat high especially for my lovely genetics re cholesterol :smith:

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

jisforjosh posted:

4 grams of saturated fat is pretty drat high especially for my lovely genetics re cholesterol :smith:

It definitely isn't perfect, but it definitely is the best tasting protein bar with very reasonable macros that I've ever had.

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

I have a Presto Pizzazz and use it to heat up everything I would typically put in the oven. It’s great for leftovers too. 10/10 would recommend doesn’t heat up your house in the Summer too.

Costco pizza would be too big for it though.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Corb3t posted:

I have a Presto Pizzazz and use it to heat up everything I would typically put in the oven. It’s great for leftovers too. 10/10 would recommend doesn’t heat up your house in the Summer too.

LOL there's no wayyyyy. I want that just for putting apps on at a party. I'm not doubting you that it works but I also have a logic center of my brain that sees that as no warmer than a buffet heat lamp.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Corb3t posted:

do you use it on lasagna

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

StormDrain posted:

drat I wanted the Tiramisu so bad but the wife over ruled and we got the chocolate mouse instead.

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

StormDrain posted:

LOL there's no wayyyyy. I want that just for putting apps on at a party. I'm not doubting you that it works but I also have a logic center of my brain that sees that as no warmer than a buffet heat lamp.

That thing puts out 1235 watts with two heating elements 3” above and below the rotating tray. Trust me when I say it makes most frozen food better than the oven, especially Costco’s Coconut Shrimp and fries.

Johnny Truant posted:

do you use it on lasagna

Is it like 7 layers? Probably not. 3-4? Yes.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Corb3t posted:

That thing puts out 1235 watts with two heating elements 3” above and below the rotating tray. Trust me when I say it makes most frozen food better than the oven, especially Costco’s Coconut Shrimp and fries.

Oh, having a heater under it makes more sense.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Corb3t posted:

what about soup

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
Went to a Business Center today. It was very chill, like a good not busy well-lit restaurant depot.
Despite not having a food court, jewelry, or a big electronics section, it did have a 6 lane x 4 DEEP gas station. That thing will never fill up at times I go.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

We need BWBD tries air fryers posts now.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

Virigoth posted:

We need BWBD tries air fryers posts now.

I hate you and I hate that you are right

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

bunnyofdoom posted:

I hate you and I hate that you are right

Sneak preview
https://youtu.be/Rk1CF2Zd3ho

Alucard fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Oct 25, 2023

Fatrick
Jul 19, 2003

*Jumping Peppers!* *Enjoy the Sauce!*

BWBD showing off their cream canal

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

bizwank posted:

Gonna get my hands on some of those next trip.

Big Mac
Jan 3, 2007

For air fryer chat I got the Ninja countertop oven-style air fryer for christmas a few years ago. It's great. Use it all the time for all sorts of stuff, and I'm a big fan of it being multifunctional and not heating up my (window AC only) apartment during the summer.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

Cartoon Man posted:

drat I wanted the Tiramisu so bad but the wife over ruled and we got the chocolate mouse instead.

Honestly you're not missing out, those tiramisu cups just aren't very good. Not enough coffee and too cakey.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
I went to a Costco in LA last week that had an outdoor cafeteria area. Waited in line 15 minutes to get a hotdog combo and they told me I couldn't get it without a membership, the lady behind me offered to swipe her card for me but the cashier said they could only do that if I was paying cash. WTF? I've eaten a hundred hot dogs at Costco over the years and never had a membership card or needed one to buy a loving hotdog and liter of diet coke for $1.65.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Good; sounds like it's time for you to buy a membership.

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

Bottom Liner posted:

I went to a Costco in LA last week that had an outdoor cafeteria area. Waited in line 15 minutes to get a hotdog combo and they told me I couldn't get it without a membership, the lady behind me offered to swipe her card for me but the cashier said they could only do that if I was paying cash. WTF? I've eaten a hundred hot dogs at Costco over the years and never had a membership card or needed one to buy a loving hotdog and liter of diet coke for $1.65.

MEMBERS ONLY

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
I'm not buying a membership to buy a hotdog. Not even 5.

They're not even Nathans.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

I like the kirkland dogs more than nathans, but I care more about flavor than the snappy texture or whatever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Armacham
Mar 3, 2007

Then brothers in war, to the skirmish must we hence! Shall we hence?

Big Mac posted:

For air fryer chat I got the Ninja countertop oven-style air fryer for christmas a few years ago. It's great. Use it all the time for all sorts of stuff, and I'm a big fan of it being multifunctional and not heating up my (window AC only) apartment during the summer.

I have the one that also doubles as a slow cooker and pressure cooker. I make everything in it