Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Lord_Magmar posted:

PvP in raids is some of the most fun in Alliance/Normal Raids you can have with friends.

This big circle tankbuster symbol means I'm supposed to hug friends, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion

FuturePastNow posted:

I don't judge the perfect legends who are out getting killed by easy mechanics in alliance raids but I do assume the ones who do nothing but stand around afk all day bought their clears

honestly I just nod and understand because alliance raids must feel tedious and grindy after doing Ultimates. I too would want to slack off as much as possible.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

Do people really get angry at people with Legend titles and weapons? Like, even if the ultimate raider is not being toxic or anything, just hanging around or playing the game?

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
The only degenerates I know are all part of the club scene.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
The finale of Margrat's deliveries is real charming. :allears:

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Tekopo posted:

Do people really get angry at people with Legend titles and weapons? Like, even if the ultimate raider is not being toxic or anything, just hanging around or playing the game?

You can find someone getting mad at anyone for any reason, so I'm sure someone out there seethes whenever a legend fails a mechanic.

But no, normal people don't.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Ive seen multiple people going "no way those limsa afkers can clear an ultimate" when a limsa afker is one of the most skilled players I know lol. He afks in limsa all day because he's cleared everything else. It just seems weird and kind of bitter to judge strangers

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

if i spent 60-100 hours grinding out a fight to get a shiny weapon, i would probably afk while wearing it to flex my achievement

source: i did do that

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I just wish the Legend weapons looked cool instead of just a gold filter over an existing weapon.

RME
Feb 20, 2012

Tekopo posted:

I assume most people in the game have 0 clue what a legend title is from or what an ult raid is tbh

RME fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Oct 24, 2023

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Tekopo posted:

There's a very loud minority that is, yes - presumably because they perceive ultimates as wasted dev bandwidth that should be put towards their pet interest.

Similar to the vibes of people who're mad that Island Sanctuary exists because it's not another foray zone, etc.

ImpAtom posted:

I just wish the Legend weapons looked cool instead of just a gold filter over an existing weapon.

I guess you could say that about the UCOB and UWU ones but I can't see how you could say that the TEA and TOP ones look anything other than outstanding. :shrug:

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Onean posted:

poo poo I knew I was forgetting something

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

I was yesterday old when I realized it was better to aetherially reduce the crystarium relic collectibles rather than just turn them into the vendor at the Mean.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

I busted my rear end for a week and change for my saint title. I didn't even get a cool weapon for it so why would I take the title off?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Xun posted:

It just seems weird and kind of bitter to judge strangers
it extremely is but people love doing it. especially the people who act like theyre nice

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies
the people who super duper care about these things don't even consider ucob/uwu/tea titles to be 'meaningful' anymore, though nobody is also completely far gone enough to check when someone got the clear. (at least i hope nobody is far gone enough to dig through years of fflogs on everyone in a roulette)

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

FYI to anyone who hasn't pre-ordered a copy yet (or ordered from sqenix), Amazon has the third Encyclopedia Eorzea for $5 off and without the obscene squenix store shipping charges.

Mister Olympus posted:

(at least i hope nobody is far gone enough to dig through years of fflogs on everyone in a roulette)

What does your heart tell you?

TheWorldsaStage fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Oct 24, 2023

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Zaggitz posted:

I was yesterday old when I realized it was better to aetherially reduce the crystarium relic collectibles rather than just turn them into the vendor at the Mean.

I just ran through these on miner and botanist yesterday. Weirdly you can only do this on steps 3 and 4. The first two steps make you run them all the way back to town.

Got into a zone of figuring out if I could hit 1000 collectability or not after the opener, and most of the time I could. I didn't quite manage to get four from a single node, but got three several times.

It sucks that auto aetherial reduction doesn't have the chance for double rewards though, so I ended up breaking down all maxed collectables one at a time.

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

Thundarr posted:

It sucks that auto aetherial reduction doesn't have the chance for double rewards though, so I ended up breaking down all maxed collectables one at a time.
I did these a few weeks ago and was able to get double rewards from auto-desynth. Got it back to back a few times, too

Onean posted:

I did them this morning before going to work and wasn't expecting the finale at all. It was great.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

iPodschun posted:

I did these a few weeks ago and was able to get double rewards from auto-desynth. Got it back to back a few times, too

Really? I was watching the chat log and I don't remember ever seeing it happen once. Oh well, won't come up again until they add the final relic steps.

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies

TheWorldsaStage posted:

What does your heart tell you?

i know they don't because i've had people melt down at me in pf over "loving endwalker babies" after not doing things according to a nonstandard strat that they didn't post in the pf description

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

iPodschun posted:

I did them this morning before going to work and wasn't expecting the finale at all. It was great.

well! i didn't expect to cry today but here we are

edit: also if you're like me and it would take you like 5 minutes to try and find the achievements for turning in stuff to custom delivery folks for titles they're all under Items > Collectables and the one for Margrat is The Resourceful

Kerrzhe fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Oct 24, 2023

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Cleretic posted:

This is a big part of why I've moved from that hairstyle (or at least I assume that's the one you're talking about, Great Lengths) to the Hephaistos hairstyle.

I assume they mean Karasu's hair, headband included. It's not from a book, it's a default on male characters.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Oh poo poo, sorry Cleretic I missed your post! Yeah, that's the one

E: the one with the braid around the forehead, my dumbass forgot to specify

TheWorldsaStage fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Oct 24, 2023

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

aaahh yoship we need the gleaner backpack as a fashion accessory!!

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Mister Olympus posted:

the people who super duper care about these things don't even consider ucob/uwu/tea titles to be 'meaningful' anymore, though nobody is also completely far gone enough to check when someone got the clear. (at least i hope nobody is far gone enough to dig through years of fflogs on everyone in a roulette)

The hilarious part is that I don't even want to do TEA for the title (nor TOP), I just think the weapons are gorgeous and I want 'em all. :shobon:

It's funny because everyone who talks about ultimates is all "oh do UWU first to get your feet wet" and I'm like "but why would I put in all that time if it's not for the ones I want? :colbert:".

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Do necklaces override the gleaner choker? If I could slap the red bill kerchief on there instead it'd look so good.

lines
Aug 18, 2013

She, laughing in mockery, changed herself into a wren and flew away.

Onean posted:

I had a little cry, genuinely. Lovely stuff.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Kyrosiris posted:

It's funny because everyone who talks about ultimates is all "oh do UWU first to get your feet wet" and I'm like "but why would I put in all that time if it's not for the ones I want? :colbert:".

you should do the one that interests you the most, for whatever reason, even if it's the hardest imo. your drive to want to do that one is the one that's going to push you to see it through to completion.

when i got into ultimates back in shb, i was dead set on TEA first. i mained gnb, and there were no gnb weapons for ucob or uwu. simple as that. why would i put in all that time if i didn't have a cool weapon to show off for my troubles at the end?

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

Kyrosiris posted:

The hilarious part is that I don't even want to do TEA for the title (nor TOP), I just think the weapons are gorgeous and I want 'em all. :shobon:

the tea weapons are probably the coolest ones tho i have no idea what i'd pair them with glam wise

i still need to get a group together to spank e4s to even unlock it (and get my minivan)

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

The objectively best title is <The Fungah>

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Zaggitz posted:

Do necklaces override the gleaner choker? If I could slap the red bill kerchief on there instead it'd look so good.

Just checked, no they do not.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Regalingualius posted:

The objectively best title is <The Fungah>

I'm fond of <The Meat Axe>
My healer guildie uses <Tank Technician>

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
The Seventh Dawn is the best title you get for the dumbest content (Grinding out leveling dungeons with AI bots)

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I play without names on so I don't see titles unless they're in my party

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Oneiros posted:

the tea weapons are probably the coolest ones tho i have no idea what i'd pair them with glam wise

Luckily they go really well with anything in Metallic Brass and I have had FCmates threaten to stage an intervention for how much metallic brass dye I use :v:

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

as a hrothgar gunbreaker who deeply loved the bozja/zadnor duels, the best title is clearly <<Gunnhildr's Blade>>

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

Electric Phantasm posted:

poo poo I knew I was forgetting something

Yeah, I must have missed a week.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

Kerrzhe posted:

aaahh yoship we need the gleaner backpack as a fashion accessory!!

I want it as an actual part of a garment. Clipping be damned.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

HackensackBackpack posted:

I want it as an actual part of a garment. Clipping be damned.

that would be cool. i looked at the closest gleaner NPC i could find that had one and saw it just floating on their back and went "ah right. fashion accessory!"