Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who Killed WCW?
Eric Bischoff
Hulk Hogan
Vince Russo
Jerusalem
View Results

Dr. Zoggle
Aug 12, 2006
Go Blue!

Vader was a big fat smelly man who didn’t know how to pull his punches but could somehow moonsault.

The perfect wrestler.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 19 minutes!

Hirez posted:

Vadar also never bathed and smelled like the biggest piece of poo poo according to everyone

based

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
wrestlers need to be large sweaty men that run out of breath delivering a promo

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Hirez posted:

Vadar also never bathed and smelled like the biggest piece of poo poo according to everyone

the true nasty boy

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Vader was kind of a big dumb baby who was reckless and didn't understand 'please stop punching me in the head so loving hard with your fists I keep my brain in there'
So I don't feel too bad for him.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
vader was one of the greatest big men to have ever wrestled and he was actually big unlike the big show

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Someone never saw 1996 Giant

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Vader also didn't know how to work less stiff and hard hitting for the US which 100% was gonna get him in trouble in WWE

Really ending up in All Japan was the best for all involved

Sure, but they knew what they were getting.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

dont like being punched get out the combat sport imho. Bret Hart im looking at you

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

Large wrestlers who kick rear end are cool and good, actually

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
he should snapped shawn michaels in half like a twig

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Vader was the best big man ever and also a giant manbaby. Both these things can be true.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHEkwaZUm-g

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Vader also didn't know how to work less stiff and hard hitting for the US which 100% was gonna get him in trouble in WWE

Really ending up in All Japan was the best for all involved

He's no Nia Jax, that's for sure.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

ChrisBTY posted:

Vader was kind of a big dumb baby who was reckless and didn't understand 'please stop punching me in the head so loving hard with your fists I keep my brain in there'
So I don't feel too bad for him.

Nah, working stiff rules. Better that than Shane MacMahon's punches

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Whatever happened to the trademark lawsuit between WCW and WWF when Nash and Hall jumped ship? It seemed to drag on forever, but I was never sure about the outcome or if money was paid out, etc.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
I love that Vader was in at least 2 different games, one of the bosses in the original Ninja Gaiden, and one of the wrestlers in Saturday Night Slammasters (Alexander the Great). I think he hated the Mastodon mask, but it is easily one of my all time favorite pieces of entrance gear.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

haljordan posted:

Whatever happened to the trademark lawsuit between WCW and WWF when Nash and Hall jumped ship? It seemed to drag on forever, but I was never sure about the outcome or if money was paid out, etc.

It was settled out of court in 2000, but there were a bunch of counter-suits filed too. One of the things that did come out from it was WWF had first right of refusal if WCW was being sold or liquidated by Turner. Which obviously had an impact.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

wrestlers need to be large sweaty men that run out of breath delivering a promo

Also ones who flex their biceps despite having no muscle tone. RIP John Tenta.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

forkboy84 posted:

It was settled out of court in 2000, but there were a bunch of counter-suits filed too. One of the things that did come out from it was WWF had first right of refusal if WCW was being sold or liquidated by Turner. Which obviously had an impact.

It was amusing that Scott Hall's attitude for a large part of his time in WCW was essentially "I'm untouchable, they need me as a witness in the lawsuit!! Welp, time to get shitfaced and key a limousine outside of a strip club!"

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

haljordan posted:

It was amusing that Scott Hall's attitude for a large part of his time in WCW was essentially "I'm untouchable, they need me as a witness in the lawsuit!! Welp, time to get shitfaced and key a limousine outside of a strip club!"

Another aspect to being the perfect wrestler is having little to no impulse control.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
https://twitter.com/allan_cheapshot/status/1716823106222698521?s=46&t=_akPFYiqAqKbxYd3RPf4Jg

Maybe 00s WCW wasn’t so bad

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

syzpid posted:

I love that Vader was in at least 2 different games, one of the bosses in the original Ninja Gaiden, and one of the wrestlers in Saturday Night Slammasters (Alexander the Great). I think he hated the Mastodon mask, but it is easily one of my all time favorite pieces of entrance gear.

Don't forget that Vader is also in Fatal Fury/King of Fighters!

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

:allears: :allears: :allears:

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
Ken Shamrock tried to stiff Vader and still brags about it to this day. He leaves out that Vader gave him one receipt and he pissed himself.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6Izt9H3RJw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJ1ndRLB690
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqVjj6TwqpM

have some Vader/Brody, and also some Undertaker because him getting wrecked by Bruiser Brody should be more well know

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

:allears:

Thunder in the year 2000 is in retrospect one of the most consistently entertaining programs to drop in and watch a random episode of. Not "good" by any metric ever but between Kanyon cuttering everyone while cosplaying DDP and Terry Funk dressed as a janitor and attacking people in stairwells it's a blast. There's so much fun in WCW, even when it sucked.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

we'll never forget the saga of M.I. Smooth

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

Kanyon cuttering everyone while cosplaying DDP

God, that poo poo was so loving awesome:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64_Ne-k6WX0

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

WCW loving up someone as dope as Mike Awesome is so disappointing still.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

TheKingslayer posted:

WCW loving up someone as dope as Mike Awesome is so disappointing still.

They hosed him up so bad and he was so loving good its still aggravating

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

even more than that - gently caress ecw fans for how they treated him at one night stand and especially gently caress joey styles for saying he should kill himself on commentary.

Dr. Zoggle
Aug 12, 2006
Go Blue!

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Don't forget that Vader is also in Fatal Fury/King of Fighters!

He’s also the last boss of Altered Beast (with his smoking helmet)

Dr. Zoggle fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Oct 24, 2023

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

WHO WETTER THAN KANYON?

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
big van vader was in fist of the north star

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

And Boy Meets World

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Shard posted:

even more than that - gently caress ecw fans for how they treated him at one night stand and especially gently caress joey styles for saying he should kill himself on commentary.

It's even more horrible when you find out that ECW was months behind on pay and he left cause he wanted the reasonable thing of actually being paid

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Vader was also in Dragon Ball Z.

https://youtu.be/I1z71YF70S0

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
the beat em up genre owes so much to andre the giant and big van vader...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Halloween Jack posted:

Big is Dutch for "piglet," implying that Big Van Vader is a little pig sent by God.

nothing dutch was sent by god