Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Jade could lose her first match with like every female on the roster coming out to give her a chair shot or hit her with the ring bell or whatever and she just keeps getting up until Asuka finally mists her and Charlotte pins her. Just a monster in defeat.

Actually lol I don't care WWE sucks and fantasy booking it just makes me sad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Grem posted:

Hell yeah

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

Grem posted:

Jade could lose her first match with like every female on the roster coming out to give her a chair shot or hit her with the ring bell or whatever and she just keeps getting up until Asuka finally mists her and Charlotte pins her. Just a monster in defeat.

It'll be Nia and you'll enjoy the concussion Jade will get dammit

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Which would be better: Nia concussing her in her first match, or her knees blowing up in the performance center?

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
People kept saying "hell yeah get that bag Jade" but what they didn't realize the bag she was getting was her travel bag, to go from arena to arena doing nothing

Visual Basic Bitch
Sep 4, 2019

Vandar posted:

Which would be better: Nia concussing her in her first match, or her knees blowing up in the performance center?

I don't think either of these things would be good op

Future Me Hates Me
Sep 27, 2018

Codependent Poster posted:

KO's first night had him destroying Sami

That sounds cool, they should do more fun stuff like that. I didn't start watching NXT until Bobby Roode was feuding with Roddy Strong.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
nakamura debuted vs sami zayn at takeover, also known as "shinsuke nakamura's last good match"

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Owens immediately turning heel after Sami had finally won the NXT title kicked rear end. You can easily point out the many ways NXT was a PPV-only product outside of some weekly highlights and how even those PPVs often had nothing matches, and the entire thing was WWE doing an extremely watered-down version of ROH...but the good poo poo was really drat good still.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
some of my favorite nxt matches were on tv tbf, like Finn vs Apollo crews

really wish someone else would pick up the one hour show torch. DPW should just go back to editing their monthly shows into four episodes like they were gonna when they started

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

stab posted:

It'll be Nia and you'll enjoy the concussion Jade will get dammit

Jade being tested by the one thing that didn’t exist in AEW, a woman bigger and clumsier than her.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
Do you know how many main event matches and/or matches against main eventers Nia has had? Just being in the same ring with her will give Jade a huge rub. And now imagine them having a long, competitive match.

Instant.

Monster.

Cred.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

shes not like most girls

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

History Comes Inside! posted:

Jade being tested by the one thing that didn’t exist in AEW, a woman bigger and clumsier than her.

maybe she’ll be tested by another thing that didn’t exist in AEW… good women wrestlers lol

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Quantum of Phallus posted:

maybe she’ll be tested by another thing that didn’t exist in AEW… good women wrestlers lol

Outlook not so good

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Quantum of Phallus posted:

maybe she’ll be tested by another thing that didn’t exist in AEW… a wellness policy lol

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Mildly interesting trivia:

Today is GUNTHER's 500th day as IC champ, making him the third person to have two different 500 day reigns with a WWE belt:

1. Bruno Sammartino (WWF/WWF)
2. Roman Reigns (WWE/Universal)
3. GUNTHER (NXT North American/IC)

Hooray for the large baby imo

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

It's very surprising that WWE has booked Gunther as strongly as they have.

I mean, it shouldn't be, it's a pure no-brainer, but then so should dozens of others over the years.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

She’s independently wealthy outside of wrestling, she can definitely afford the latest and greatest undetectable poo poo

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

projecthalaxy posted:

Mildly interesting trivia:

Today is GUNTHER's 500th day as IC champ, making him the third person to have two different 500 day reigns with a WWE belt:

1. Bruno Sammartino (WWF/WWF)
2. Roman Reigns (WWE/Universal)
3. GUNTHER (NXT North American/IC)

Hooray for the large baby imo

one of these things is not like the others

non-sarcastically GUNTHER/WALTER is verging or possibly already at a Hall of Fame career due to the combination of push and being one of the best workers ever no matter where on the card

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

forkboy84 posted:

It's very surprising that WWE has booked Gunther as strongly as they have.

I mean, it shouldn't be, it's a pure no-brainer, but then so should dozens of others over the years.

He's been in the company 1745 days and has been a dominant champion for 1340 of them. Wow fans!

E: Also, the 500/500 club is of course drastically underselling some of these reigns. Adding length to the list:

Bruno: WWF (2,803 days)/WWF (1,237 days)
Roman: Universal (1,149+ days)/WWE (568+ days)
GUNTHER: NXT NA (870 days)/IC (500+ days)

Like Roman's been champ forever, like it's almost silly. More than double both his reigns for Bruno

projecthalaxy fucked around with this message at 12:52 on Oct 24, 2023

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

GUNTHER owns

reality_groove
Dec 27, 2007

But can GUNTHER ever find the one thing that has eluded him....love?

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

reality_groove posted:

We will know Vince is gone for good when GUNTHER retires from wrestling or dies without ever having been in a love angle with, like, Dewdrop.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

reality_groove posted:

The man married Jinny he's winning at life.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
the very few times i watch WWE (wrestlemania the night c*dy was booked to job, royal rumble) Gunther has been an absolute highlight. For all the bad in the many levels of bad WWE has going, it's great that there's a shining beacon of good booking and talent in that large violence baby. I hope he one day gets to bout with Minoru Suzuki for a New Year's themed match.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Every Gunther match slaps literally and figuratively

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

I asked him to chop me at pwg and he said i wouldnt be able to take it :(

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

STONE COLD 64 posted:

At PWG I told him how the only time I’ve ever seen Thatcher really smile is when he is chopping the poo poo out of someone and he laughed.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

STONE COLD 64 posted:

he was right.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Sometimes I want to test myself by getting the ever living poo poo chopped out of me.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Chops suck so much, even if you present the chest. Not recommended. Though there was a fan at our local Indy who would get the hell chopped out of him at the end of every show, just get the entire locker room to chop him. It was crazy.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
You know, this would be an ideal compromise when it comes to removing racist imagery and misappropriation of cultural history.

Bottom of the 9th;

Runners on the corners, two outs;

Tens of thousands of Atlanta baseball fans rise to their feet;

And promptly chop the poo poo out of the partisan sitting next to them.

Ohhh-OWWW Ohhh-OOOOOOF Ohhh-GOD-IT-HURTS

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Chops aren’t bad if someone can do them well. I’ve mentioned before that my friend and I would gently caress with people at the bar by getting them to agree to get chopped if I took one first. I’d sell it like death to get the person nervous before they find out it’s pretty much all noise.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Open Marriage Night posted:

Chops aren’t bad if someone can do them well. I’ve mentioned before that my friend and I would gently caress with people at the bar by getting them to agree to get chopped if I took one first. I’d sell it like death to get the person nervous before they find out it’s pretty much all noise.

Haha, not always. I knocked the wind out of a friend of mine in college with a real benoit-style chop that left outlines of my fingers on his chest for like an hour

It CAN be pretty much all noise

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

kalensc posted:

You know, this would be an ideal compromise when it comes to removing racist imagery and misappropriation of cultural history.

Bottom of the 9th;

Runners on the corners, two outs;

Tens of thousands of Atlanta baseball fans rise to their feet;

And promptly chop the poo poo out of the partisan sitting next to them.

Ohhh-OWWW Ohhh-OOOOOOF Ohhh-GOD-IT-HURTS

a stadium of people chopping the gently caress outta the person next to them would be a sight to behold

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

asking a wrestler at a con to chop you and finding out the hard way they do kesagiri chops

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

Bring back the Brain Chop

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

I like jade but they really shouldn't draw out her in-ring debut for too long

gotta keep those expectations down for the ring work and let her continue shining through her charisma

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
If I ever met Pentagon Jr I would tell him that all I ever want is for him to chop me, but that i'm also a little bitch boy and can't take one of his chops.