Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the yeti
Mar 29, 2008

memento disco

Did the license fetishizer make an unlicensed run of masks? By ‘no account manager’ he absolutely means ‘wasn’t in contact with anyone at all’ right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
Hey everyone remember this thing? The only thing that ever got me any attention? Do you remember it? I remember it. Gonna keep remembering it

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
he's going to have 'the world's youngest Garfield licensee' put on his tombstone

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/GarfieldEATSco/status/1716789165424079198?t=cnHo1MNwR0JuGG1G2hL4LA&s=19

This was exactly what the store looked like????

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

No that’s like clean.

Magissima
Apr 15, 2013

I'd like to introduce you to some of the most special of our rocks and minerals.
Soiled Meat

He was going to put stickers of vegetables in the windows. You know, all of those great farm2skintable veggies in their lasagna and pizza and Garficcino(?)

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

pseudanonymous posted:

No that’s like clean.

his store was always pretty clean (because nobody was in it)

it looked like a pop-up crafts boutique that only leased retail space oct - dec

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Cool Garfield masks

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Dear Nathen,
What happened to:
* Scooby Eats
* Nathfield “podcast”
* Nathfield Eats art gallery
* Nathen’s movie night with fans
* The “marry Nathen” dating game
* Eegeez
* the whole “clean label” initiative
* Farm2Plate deodorant

Sincerely,
FF

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

He was talking about opening a second location before COVID, that might be that one.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Knormal posted:

He was talking about opening a second location before COVID, that might be that one.

That also happened! There were two physical locations opened!

I guess he could be talking about his plans to open like 50+ stores across North America, but if that's the case then lmao

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Weird he never followed through with the whole dating a woman thing. Strange.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
I'm just blown away by this dude. He has millions of daddy bucks. He could go wherever and do whatever. Travel. See the world. Buy whatever he wants. And he actively chooses to spend his time reminiscing about his most famous failed business venture to 5 followers on twitter

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

CodfishCartographer posted:

That also happened! There were two physical locations opened!

I guess he could be talking about his plans to open like 50+ stores across North America, but if that's the case then lmao
Did it? I thought he was super cagey about its location and no one in Toronto could ever collaborate that it really existed?

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Knormal posted:

Did it? I thought he was super cagey about its location and no one in Toronto could ever collaborate that it really existed?

yeah there was one in toronto and one in london ontario

the yeti
Mar 29, 2008

memento disco

Elephant Ambush posted:

I'm just blown away by this dude. He has millions of daddy bucks. He could go wherever and do whatever. Travel. See the world. Buy whatever he wants. And he actively chooses to spend his time reminiscing about his most famous failed business venture to 5 followers on twitter

Being wealthy literally makes your brain work different

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Women's Circuit Bender Union Local 34

Is there some thing with tissues in Canada that I'm missing, like how y'all sell milk in bags and need your own plastic pitcher at home? Because in my almost 50 years on earth I have never seen tissues, from the priciest Puffs to those sandpaper ones the teacher had in public school rooms, that don't come in their own perfectly good cardboard box.

Just... Why? (I know not to expect any kind of rational answer, I just needed to shout that into the void.)

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

JacquelineDempsey posted:

Is there some thing with tissues in Canada that I'm missing, like how y'all sell milk in bags and need your own plastic pitcher at home? Because in my almost 50 years on earth I have never seen tissues, from the priciest Puffs to those sandpaper ones the teacher had in public school rooms, that don't come in their own perfectly good cardboard box.

Just... Why? (I know not to expect any kind of rational answer, I just needed to shout that into the void.)

the milk thing is regional but more to the point, all tissues come in boxes?

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008
I am a bigger fan of the party cups. 1. Get cups. 2. Use cups as cups! https://youtu.be/Ut2Rk9hvnIA?si=W3l_a0q6i-8cFbeo

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

Elephant Ambush posted:

Actually his dad is like rich but not wealthy, so Nathens allowance is probably ludicrous but not obscene.

He’s never have to work rich but not bottle service at the club every week rich. I’m sure he’s keenly aware of and bitter about the difference. In every one of his ventures he’s been quite cheap for example and his discord had a heavy dose of constantly trying to get free labor for his projects.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

pseudanonymous posted:

his discord had a heavy dose of constantly trying to get free labor for his projects.

Paying people who do work for you is :sad:, you don't get rich and stay rich by paying your employees

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

ponzicar posted:

I am a bigger fan of the party cups. 1. Get cups. 2. Use cups as cups! https://youtu.be/Ut2Rk9hvnIA?si=W3l_a0q6i-8cFbeo

2 garfs, one used cup

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA

Elephant Ambush posted:

I do imagine there are plenty of rich kids who are smart enough to figure out that their only job in life is to lightly follow their parents' suggestions and otherwise do absolutely whatever they feel like, but it really is amazing how many of them for some reason think they have to get even richer by doing really dumb things like this or like getting into putting their name on fancy real estate and running for president

Oh yes and "bottle service in the club" good point, if your rich parents did not raise you to realize image is meaningless if you are a fabulously wealthy already then you end up doing stuff like that

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out
psst.... hey

you want to buy some loose tissues?

no I ain't got a box Jesus Christ move it along

and that man was Albert Einstein Nathen mazri

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

the yeti posted:

Did the license fetishizer make an unlicensed run of masks? By ‘no account manager’ he absolutely means ‘wasn’t in contact with anyone at all’ right

He's being honest here. He explained in a recent interview about how, before his GarfieldEATS license was cancelled, the middleman agency he dealt with re licensing issues had staff cutbacks and stopped returning his messages for months.

He did admit they believed he was a quirky, difficult customer. Before the ghosting, they met with him about weekly to check up on him. After the ghosting, he managed to contact their CEO via their LinkedIn, at which point it was broken to Nathen that he'd lost the license.

BigBadSteve fucked around with this message at 05:17 on Oct 25, 2023

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Frank Frank posted:

Dear Nathen,
What happened to:
* Scooby Eats
* Nathfield “podcast”
* Nathfield Eats art gallery
* Nathen’s movie night with fans
* The “marry Nathen” dating game
* Eegeez
* the whole “clean label” initiative
* Farm2Plate deodorant

Sincerely,
FF

I want my Nathfield update!! What happened to Gabby? Pig Bill? I need to know!!

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

BigBadSteve posted:

He's being honest here. He explained in a recent interview about how, before his GarfieldEATS license was cancelled, the middleman agency he dealt with re licensing issues had staff cutbacks and stopped returning his messages for months.

He did admit they believed he was a quirky, difficult customer. Before the ghosting, they met with him about weekly to check up on him. After the ghosting, he managed to contact their CEO via their LinkedIn, at which point it was broken to Nathen that he'd lost the license.

I’m not sure I entirely trust Mazri’s side of the story.

Peanut Butter
Nov 7, 2011

Wee mannie
Farm2Unstable

Busters
Jan 24, 2014

Commerical architecture design is my passion.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Busters posted:

Commerical architecture design is my passion.

Looks very similar to his virtual art gallery

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

JacquelineDempsey posted:

They do sell little packs of Kleenex in plastic, my mom used to carry them around in her purse.

You could wad a bunch of those in your pizza box I guess.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
I want he trying to sell that for like $5000 previously?

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Frank Frank posted:

I want he trying to sell that for like $5000 previously?

All the value is in the autograph tbh

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm
“GarfieldEATS penthouse?”

5er
Jun 1, 2000

This is frankly really loving boring for 'big plans.' Two barstools and a little bench shelf look like the limit for in-place dining, and not having anywhere to sit, eat and kind of enjoy the theme is completely antonymous to his idea of 'entergagement.'

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

david_a posted:

“GarfieldEATS penthouse?”

Penthouse Magazine: GarfieldEATS Edition

Pet of the Month - Nathcat Bares All
10 Ways to Entergage Her
The NSA Debate - Can Privacy and Security Coexist?

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
Man he's really going down memory lane isn't he

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
Dear Nathfield,

I never thought this would happen to me.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Man he's really going down memory lane isn't he

Only one thing to really remember.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Sometimes I remember that this man spoke to me and I get one of those crack ping things