Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: PoundSand)

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
backyard housewarming sounds ideal

also a good excuse to grill

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baddog
May 12, 2001
I am going to a florida beach with my wife and kid because beaches are nice and florida is cheap (and luckily we already did the poo poo out of the amusement parks pre-plague).

Think we'll be ok, unless someone forcibly demasks us on the plane or something.

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme
*to the tune of the breakdown in 'Never Gonna Get It'*

Never go to Florida

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Gunshow Poophole posted:

Dear doctors please don't just go throwing around what few efficacious antifungal drugs we have remaining to us because it's possibly a way to maybe reduce Covid severity

Gonna end up doing the entire antibiotics speedrun... speedier

lol if they think Paxlovids side effects and list of interacting medications is bad, wait till they learn about the big boy antifungals

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Doc agreed with me. Giving me the script for pax, now I just gotta find a pharmacy that has it in stock.

and now I've been on the phone for an hour and haven't found a single place that has it.

LionArcher has issued a correction as of 00:06 on Oct 25, 2023

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
went to a couple parties this past week, one of them was a backyard party where it was easy for me to distance and eat and make cocktails. the other one was in an apartment so I went outside to eat/drink. Bunch of friends followed me outside and we made too much noise so we went to the parking lot to continue carousing

extremely fortunate that friends are cool with me masking/distancing and I still get invited to stuff

When meeting new people I point at my mask and say dont worry Im not sick, Im still paranoid and it gets a chuckle

Zantie
Mar 30, 2003

Death. The capricious dance of Now You Stop Moving Forever.
Washington state's Monkeypox (Mpox) update.

pre:
Cumulative
Mpox	Total	Change
Cases	717	 +8
Hosp.	21	 
pre:
Recent
Week	Cases	Change
Oct-15	3	+3
Oct-08	2	+1
Oct-01	3	+1
pre:
Older
Month		Cases	Change
Sep 2023	8	-1
Aug 2023	1	
Jul 2023	1	
Jun 2023	0	-2
May 2023	0	
Apr 2023	6	-1
Mar 2023	5	-1
Feb 2023	8	-1
Jan 2023	14	-1
Dec 2022	10	-3
Nov 2022	15	-4
Oct 2022	14	-9
Sep 2022	118	-16
Aug 2022	260	
Jul 2022	190	
Jun 2022	16	
May 2022	1	
Incomplete	42	+42
WA State Mpox Dashboard

Looks like all the "Incomplete" cases that were assigned a diagnoses date got bumped back to "Incomplete". No idea why.

Five more pox cases for October so yup, still truckin'

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

The cruise ship that brought covid to Australia has been found legally liable... for letting their guests get covid. Not for loving up the entire country's successful - until that point - zero covid policy.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2023-10-25/nsw-ruby-princess-passengers-win-class-action-carnival/103018412

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
The ship bringing covid to Australia saved the nation from immune debt

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/10/24/health/covid-flu-vaccine-stroke.html posted:

Covid Shots May Slightly Raise Stroke Risk in the Oldest Recipients
A federal study hinted at increased risk when the vaccine was given with the high-dose flu shot, but the research is far from conclusive.

gently caress you NYT.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

the new kid on the block is ready

https://twitter.com/JPWeiland/status/1716956327732531409

shazbot
Sep 20, 2004
Ah, hon, ya got arby's all over my acoustic wave machine.

just lol how much more contagious can this thing get

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?

deadwing posted:

the new kid on the block is ready
(..)

That's actually the old kid on the block, JN.1 + NSP2 F319L is the new hotness.

https://twitter.com/RajlabN/status/1716947408675110964

Pingui has issued a correction as of 00:29 on Oct 25, 2023

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer

shazbot posted:

just lol how much more contagious can this thing get

Covid is playing cookie clicker, and man do I want to see their screen. It has got to be nuts.

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
Eventually covid will be something where if you think about it at all, you get infected. However, this is the only fitness trap that might stop it.

shazbot
Sep 20, 2004
more contagious means less virulent or else wed be crazy to let this thing breed out of control

Zantie
Mar 30, 2003

Death. The capricious dance of Now You Stop Moving Forever.
https://twitter.com/SolidEvidence/status/1716900690797506661

Marc Johnson posted:

Do you think you've had long-term GI problems since having Covid? We are performing a study examining the characteristics of viruses, specifically persistent SARS-CoV-2 infections, in stool samples. You must be at least 18 years old & have current GI problems to participate. Participation includes completing a short questionnaire & providing a stool sample. Your participation will take about 10 minutes. If you are interested in participating, please contact gicovidstudy@missouri.edu or 573-884-5159 for more information.

[edit] The post-COVID poop must be made in the USA, sorry international folk.

Zantie has issued a correction as of 01:06 on Oct 25, 2023

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
I've got friends on social media posting "Got a bit of a cough, it's not covid tho" one day and then the next day posting "Whoops, it's covid after all"

I'm mostly surprised that they kept testing and didn't stop after the first false negative

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

I've got friends on social media posting "Got a bit of a cough, it's not covid tho" one day and then the next day posting "Whoops, it's covid after all"
Many such cases

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
love all of these Disney world based toxxs.

Why Am I So Tired
Sep 28, 2021

LionArcher posted:

Doc agreed with me. Giving me the script for pax, now I just gotta find a pharmacy that has it in stock.

and now I've been on the phone for an hour and haven't found a single place that has it.

Give this a shot:

https://covid-19-therapeutics-locator-dhhs.hub.arcgis.com/

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck

Zantie posted:

https://twitter.com/SolidEvidence/status/1716900690797506661

[edit] The post-COVID poop must be made in the USA, sorry international folk.

I've been having major GI issues, it's definitely not covid though, covid is over. God knows how many times I had to stop when I moved cross-country from rural Ohio.

Why Am I So Tired
Sep 28, 2021
Spent all afternoon waiting in a pharmacy parking lot for Novavax only for our insurance to reject it in the end lol. Oh well!

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

LionArcher posted:

https://covid-19-therapeutics-locator-dhhs.hub.arcgis.com/ ?

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

found it! and had somebody pick it up for me. Going to start my dose with the evening pill shortly.

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

LionArcher posted:

found it! and had somebody pick it up for me. Going to start my dose with the evening pill shortly.

another thread success story, hope your recovery is quick and uncomplicated.

Hashy
Nov 20, 2005

I don't read this thread much anymore and am just quietly masking everywhere but people on social media are on like their 8th test-confirmed covid infection. I can't laugh, my heart weeps for them. The general public are largely victims here

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

I'm mostly surprised that they kept testing and didn't stop after the first false negative

A coworker of mine is in florida again right now after getting Covid in florida in August

shazbot
Sep 20, 2004

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

A coworker of mine is in florida again right now after getting Covid in florida in August

gotta build that immunity through exposure

Apr 7, 2003

He's got kids and I kind of understand giving up in that case but turbo rush tanking Florida over and over is insane

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

The Oldest Man posted:

another thread success story, hope your recovery is quick and uncomplicated.

just took the first evening dose. Thanks thread for pushing me to go for it.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

He's got kids and I kind of understand giving up in that case but turbo rush tanking Florida over and over is insane

the child understander is with us once more.

Apr 7, 2003

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

the child understander is with us once more.

lol bearing the cross for all parents when anyone mentions having kids

it's fine for me to acknowledge that some people who have kids might have given up on covid mitigation. chill out and quit being a loving weirdo

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

it's just funny that you keep doing it so yeah I'm gonna keep pointing it out lol.

Apr 7, 2003

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

it's just funny that you keep doing it so yeah I'm gonna keep pointing it out lol.

It's just funny that I keep doing what? Noticing that people in my life who have kids give up on covid mitigations and empathizing with them?

You really need to get a life. You're following me around in multiple threads about this poo poo. At least try to keep your dumb poo poo in other threads.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

nah dude it's a good time to point out every time you post like an absolute dingus about things you don't understand. see also: house buying

Apr 7, 2003

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

nah dude it's a good time to point out every time you post like an absolute dingus about things you don't understand. see also: house buying

For real, keep your stupid poo poo about me in other threads. I don't drag that here and neither should you.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

stop posting then dipshit.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Apr 7, 2003

A very normal adult human being posting normally

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

can you two go lick eachother's doorknobs already and leave the rest of us alone thanks