Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

Dango Bango posted:

Am I crazy for basically starting Curtis Samuel over Jordan Addison strictly so I can have the latter available in case CMC doesn't play Monday night?

It is not crazy, and might be the best/safest option since Samuel has had a pretty high floor lately. Is there anyone you could pickup if you do go with Addison? I do think McCaffrey will play since he practices Saturday, but you never know.

Two decisions:
Standard scoring:
Najee Harris @ LAR
Zach Moss vs CLE
Jalen Warren @ LAR

Not super thrilled about any of these, kind of leaning Harris, not sure how the split will be between Moss and Taylor and the Browns D has been good.

For 0.5 PPR:
Joshua Palmer @ KC
Rashee Rice vs LAC
Romeo Doubs @ DEN

I am mostly torn between Palmer and Rice. The LAC defense is pretty permissive and Rice is effectively the #2 receiver on the team, but the ball is spread around so much it is hard to predict how many targets he will get. The KC defense has been decent, but Palmer could get more targets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

Pain of Mind posted:

It is not crazy, and might be the best/safest option since Samuel has had a pretty high floor lately. Is there anyone you could pickup if you do go with Addison? I do think McCaffrey will play since he practices Saturday, but you never know.

Two decisions:
Standard scoring:
Najee Harris @ LAR
Zach Moss vs CLE
Jalen Warren @ LAR

Not super thrilled about any of these, kind of leaning Harris, not sure how the split will be between Moss and Taylor and the Browns D has been good.

For 0.5 PPR:
Joshua Palmer @ KC
Rashee Rice vs LAC
Romeo Doubs @ DEN

I am mostly torn between Palmer and Rice. The LAC defense is pretty permissive and Rice is effectively the #2 receiver on the team, but the ball is spread around so much it is hard to predict how many targets he will get. The KC defense has been decent, but Palmer could get more targets.

Consensus seems to be if you need a Steelers RB, go with Warren. Najee hasn't been useful this year and there's no reason to think he'll start now.

In the second choice, I think I'd go Rice in case he's Patrick's favorite this week.

I need a FLEX in .5 PPR:

Josh Downs vs. CLE
Tyler Lockett vs ARI
Royce Freeman vs PIT

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Vargo posted:

Consensus seems to be if you need a Steelers RB, go with Warren. Najee hasn't been useful this year and there's no reason to think he'll start now.

In the second choice, I think I'd go Rice in case he's Patrick's favorite this week.

I need a FLEX in .5 PPR:

Josh Downs vs. CLE
Tyler Lockett vs ARI
Royce Freeman vs PIT

Agreeing with the advice here as well. Palmer hasn't done poo poo so until he does I refuse to start him.

For your situation, I think I'm going with Lockett here. Basically as the least-bad option.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
I just remembered they got Mecole Hardman back, could that lower Rice's targets some, or what that be at other WRs expense?

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Flex Spot, .5PPR, pick one:

J Palmer @ KC
E Mitchell @ Min
J Meyers @ Chi

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Pain of Mind posted:

I just remembered they got Mecole Hardman back, could that lower Rice's targets some, or what that be at other WRs expense?

probably others imo

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

J Palmer @ KC
E Mitchell @ Min
J Meyers @ Chi

gross, probably Palmer?

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I would argue Meyers tbh

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

J Palmer @ KC
E Mitchell @ Min
J Meyers @ Chi

Palmer gets 7-8 targets/game with Williams out. I like him as a flex.

Meyers probably has a higher cieling but it's hard to say he'll reach it with a 38-year-old Brian Hoyer at QB.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

6 pts/passing TD

Jordan Love @ DEN
vs
Brock Purdy @ MIN

they're pretty similarly ranked depending which ranking you glance at. Love is coming off a bye and has a healthy set of receivers, while Purdy is missing Deebo and possibly missing CMC. Both guys will be missing the left tackle they started the season with. Vegas implied points are a little higher for the 49ers offense, while Denver's defense is statistically worse against the pass.

kinda waffling on this one

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE

pmchem posted:

6 pts/passing TD

Jordan Love @ DEN
vs
Brock Purdy @ MIN

they're pretty similarly ranked depending which ranking you glance at. Love is coming off a bye and has a healthy set of receivers, while Purdy is missing Deebo and possibly missing CMC. Both guys will be missing the left tackle they started the season with. Vegas implied points are a little higher for the 49ers offense, while Denver's defense is statistically worse against the pass.

kinda waffling on this one

I like Love here, Denver is a mess and a great chance for a get right game.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Josh Reynolds @ Baltimore

Or

Michael Wilson @ Seattle

0.5 ppr

I’m leaning Wilson

Floofy
Jan 17, 2004
Scary Terry v the Giants or Flowers v Det?

ElectricRelaxation
Aug 21, 2007

ElectricRelaxation posted:

I have to pick a flex and maybe an RB if Roschon doesn't clear the concussion protocol, 1PPR:

Alexander Mattison vs SF
Zach Evans vs PIT
Jameson Williams @ BAL

I'm going up against the #2 team in the league and I'm already down my top two RBs and two of my top three WRs to injury/bye, so I probably need high upside plays over high floor.

So yeah, with the Evans news this changed to me having to pick one of these guys for RB2:

D'Onta Foreman vs LV
Jaylen Warren @ LAR
Alexander Mattison vs SF
Rachaad White vs ATL

It has to be Foreman, right? I like Warren but Pittsburgh keeps insisting on giving Najee touches no matter how much he sucks and that limits Warren's ceiling too much.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

RCarr posted:

Josh Reynolds @ Baltimore

Or

Michael Wilson @ Seattle

0.5 ppr

I’m leaning Wilson

I'd trust the Lions offense on the road before the Cards in Seattle.

Defense: do I swap out LV (@CHI) for TB (vs ATL, or another defense) with Hoyer playing? I kinda like the embrace chaos of two terrible backups.

Dango Bango fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Oct 22, 2023

Cnidario
Mar 22, 2013

I think I’m going to flex Waller over Hunt, convince me I should do otherwise

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

I'm playing Reynolds at flex over Diontae Johnson. I don't love it but don't really have another option this week.

Dango Bango posted:

I'd trust the Lions offense on the road before the Cards in Seattle.

Defense: do I swap out LV (@CHI) for TB (vs ATL, or another defense) with Hoyer playing? I kinda like the embrace chaos of two terrible backups.
Raiders are definitely the safer option here, but I can appreciate the allure of chaosball (especially if you need a long shot to win).

Roseo
Jun 1, 2000
Forum Veteran
Goff @BAL or Love @DEN?

Goff is the hot hand but Baltimore is supposedly a decent defense ( though they've faced some mid QBs this year) and I can't shake the feeling that while I'm admittedly a homer GB isn't as awful as Denver and with Jones back this has all the makings of being a get-right game for Love. I'm seeing this as a toss up right now.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Cnidario posted:

I think I’m going to flex Waller over Hunt, convince me I should do otherwise

:toot:

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Is Bijan Robinson benched?

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Roseo posted:

Goff @BAL or Love @DEN?

Goff is the hot hand but Baltimore is supposedly a decent defense ( though they've faced some mid QBs this year) and I can't shake the feeling that while I'm admittedly a homer GB isn't as awful as Denver and with Jones back this has all the makings of being a get-right game for Love. I'm seeing this as a toss up right now.

I hope you didn’t go Goff lol

take me you ANIMAL
Nov 28, 2002

Congrats big boy

Pron on VHS posted:

Is Bijan Robinson benched?

What the hell, three plays and zero looks or carries. He's my main back with Pollard on bye and Monty injured, my other backs this week are White in one league and Gibbs in the other.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

https://x.com/tori_mcelhaney/status/1716162971406053414?s=46&t=OK6AvWM-NBtlIQDYnQH66w

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
Aren't they legally mandated to mention that before the game for gambling rules?

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

0.5ppr

WR: choose 1
Waddle @ NE
Flowers @ ARI
Meyers @ DET

I’d like to think Waddle would be a safe pick for my WR2 against NE, but sheesh.

Flex: choose 1
Jacobs @ DET
Flowers @ ARI
Meyers @ DET
Waddle @ NE

Leaning towards Flowers since the DET defense is good, and Jacobs only managed 4.6pts against CHI, though I’m not sure how much use he actually got. Jakobi had good production and I’m assuming soaked up a lot of Jacobs use, so he could be good too.

Opposing team has Lockett, Etienne, Kelce, and K. Allen, so I’d really like to make the best choices to make sure I don’t get destroyed by a bunch of great players with relatively easy games

THIS_IS_FINE
May 21, 2001

Slippery Tilde
0.5 PPR FLEX

Who do I play here this week? I'm leaning Palmer because Chicago?

Palmer @ CHI
Collins @ CAR

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

you want a piece of me???
If you cant decide who to start use these charts. If you still cant decide, ask a magic 8 ball

Enemy Rush% is a proxy for gamescript. RBs score similar against DET and ATL but are much more likely to abandon the run against DET.

Opponent Pass Quality is dropbacks where QB wasnt hurried, hit, or sacked. So WRs score similarly vs. BUF and NO but QBs are running for their lives against BUF while teams are getting to do what they want against NO.

Data from PFR

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug
SIT one (PPR)

Puka @ Dallas
Addison @ Green Bay
DJ Moore @ LA Chargers
Lamb v LA Rams

Not sitting Puka.
Addison is hard to sit after his performances without Jefferson.
Moore should get a lot of work against an iffy defense
That leaves Lamb?

Cnidario
Mar 22, 2013

The Zack posted:

SIT one (PPR)

Puka @ Dallas
Addison @ Green Bay
DJ Moore @ LA Chargers
Lamb v LA Rams

Not sitting Puka.
That leaves Lamb?

Yeah Lamb is my choice here. He hasn’t had a true breakout game to warrant starting over those other guys…otherwise it’s 5-10 points for him

ferroque
Oct 27, 2007

Sit Moore. Tyson Bagent

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Fight Club Sandwich posted:

If you cant decide who to start use these charts. If you still cant decide, ask a magic 8 ball

Enemy Rush% is a proxy for gamescript. RBs score similar against DET and ATL but are much more likely to abandon the run against DET.

Opponent Pass Quality is dropbacks where QB wasnt hurried, hit, or sacked. So WRs score similarly vs. BUF and NO but QBs are running for their lives against BUF while teams are getting to do what they want against NO.

Data from PFR

Gatdang these are great

Green Gloves
Mar 3, 2008
Rice @ Denver
Pickens vs Jax
Downs vs NO

Pick one

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug

Green Gloves posted:

Rice @ Denver
Pickens vs Jax
Downs vs NO

Pick one

Pickens

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Green Gloves posted:

Rice @ Denver
Pickens vs Jax
Downs vs NO

Pick one

Rice

getting real tired of my WRs, need a WR2 and FLEX, 0.5PPR

McLaurin vPHI
Dameon Pierce @CAR

Olave @IND
Lockett vCLE

Pierce hasn't been great but Carolina's run D is atrocious. Olave and Lockett have been consistently getting 6-9 points, I don't think Olave is a stud at this point.

Bellmaker fucked around with this message at 11:29 on Oct 25, 2023

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

The Zack posted:

SIT one (PPR)

Puka @ Dallas
Addison @ Green Bay
DJ Moore @ LA Chargers
Lamb v LA Rams

Not sitting Puka.
That leaves Lamb?

I'm very jealous of your list of WR. I'd probably sit Moore since Bagent is a very big unknown still. Last Sunday he kind of dinked and dunked a bunch and did well, but that was against a pretty bad Raiders D. Moore is probably your highest variance guy on that list. Maybe Bagent continues his good performance, but my guess is he comes down to earth a little.

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

.5 PPR--Mattison or Rachaad White for RB? Does it even matter lol? Mattison consistently disappoints a little bit, White is kinda all over the place but if I sit him he scores.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Judgy Fucker posted:

.5 PPR--Mattison or Rachaad White for RB? Does it even matter lol? Mattison consistently disappoints a little bit, White is kinda all over the place but if I sit him he scores.

Mattison

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Bellmaker posted:

Rice

getting real tired of my WRs, need a WR2 and FLEX, 0.5PPR

McLaurin vPHI
Dameon Pierce @CAR

Olave @IND
Lockett vCLE

Pierce hasn't been great but Carolina's run D is atrocious. Olave and Lockett have been consistently getting 6-9 points, I don't think Olave is a stud at this point.

I'd go Olave and Pierce. Philly's secondary hasn't been great, but I think their pass rush will be way too much for Howell to handle. Plus, none of the Washington WRs really stands out as the #1 guy so far. Though I guess keep an eye on Olave's legal situation.

Also, pick one 0.5 PPR:

Aaron Jones v Min
Joe Mixon @ SF

Floofy
Jan 17, 2004
Pick Two please

James Cook v TB tomorrow
Henry v atl
Jones v min

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Floofy posted:

Pick Two please

James Cook v TB tomorrow
Henry v atl
Jones v min

Henry and Cook